Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: cabbage released :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muskatnuss
Mar 17, 2013
xCabbage :(

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Could someone give me a quick refresher as to what seafoam entails? I haven't played through this game since it first came out.

koze
Jul 17, 2009
Welp, there goes xCabbage.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Well, the Seed of Hope is dead now. :kheldragar:

poo poo, man, I was supposed to go to sleep four hours ago. But this is too glorious to ignore.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Bye Cabbage! At least now they can just withdraw something without having to deposit another first.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Helix lied, cabbage died.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

-Inu- posted:

Could someone give me a quick refresher as to what seafoam entails? I haven't played through this game since it first came out.

Block-pushing and ice-sliding puzzles. Difficult to impossible to coordinate in Anarchy mode, and still pretty difficult on "duhhhhh whats a delay?" Democracy mode.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

-Inu- posted:

It's got Strength boulder puzzles, though those might only be necessary for reaching Articuno? It's also a cavern maze with surfing components.

Also, moonstones and nuggets.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Who cares about Cabbage anyway. The rat can cut.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

-Inu- posted:

Lots of surfable water with currents that push you into directions, along with block pushing puzzles to change the currents to push you towards Articuno.

e: There's no ice sliding in RBY, thankfully.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Looks like Cabbage was the martyr that gets us back into democracy.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I love how they make an immediate 180 towards democracy every time something gets released. Then 5 minutes later it's as if their minds go completely blank and they're back to voting for anarchy.

edit: re: seafoam: thanks mates

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
hope somebody edits this

to something like "when you use the PC, flareon is your copilot", but funny

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 23, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Just caught up. They got Zapdos? Wow.

Buh
May 17, 2008
Total carnage: Cabbage (Gloom) Exeggcute, Paras, one of our five Nidoran, and three of our four Venonats. Rest in peace, various iterations of AAAAAAA

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

No wonder people ask what happened. I just woke up to 2,000 posts to read skim.

I did catch the release of XCabbages though. Goodbye, little buddy.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
I'm like 90% sure that a level 50 Zapdos has better stats than a Level 60 Pidgeot, and beside, the odds of guessing a damage move on the Zapdos are 100% instead of Pidgeot's 50%

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Just read through the last 2000+ posts.

:psyduck:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

No Red, stop. Stop hitting yourself

Also, I was worried when I woke up and heard Twitch had accomplished something as involved as catching Zapdos. Glad to see we're still at 'Easily outfoxed by Simple Interfaces' Buckaroo level.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CraigK posted:

I'm like 90% sure that a level 50 Zapdos has better stats than a Level 60 Pidgeot, and beside, the odds of guessing a damage move on the Zapdos are 100% instead of Pidgeot's 50%

We can make that argument when they actually manage to retrieve their pokemon team within this decade.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
wait, do they have both the goddamn birds or not?

ComradePotato
Nov 7, 2010

The PC demands tribute!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CraigK posted:

wait, do they have both the goddamn birds or not?

not in their inventory they dont, they're still trying to get that drat thing out of the PC.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
They only have bird jesus, zapdos and dux are still in the pc

zapdos is an optional, but dux is mandatory because they need cut

the helix fossil is also inside the pc, despite a rush to get it back before

The Metal Hengst
Oct 25, 2007
If we don't get cut, we'll have to go through rock tunnel and the seafoam islands with Digrat in our party.

This is it. This is where it all ends.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So it shouldn't be a surprise to you all that taking out the Zapdos is taking as long as actually getting to him, including Ledge: Part 2.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Bulbasaur's cry is a nice reality check, like the totems in inception but reversed.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Got here just in time to see Cabbage released.

Good riddance.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wait, they got the zapdos

how

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Don't worry, they're trying to release it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
All Terrain Venomoth is back in the party :getin:

e: Drowzee almost released, my heart

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Close call for the Keeper

e; Digrat exchanged for the Keeper :argh:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Bye bye BigDig

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
God drat, this is like playing with fire.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Webbeh posted:

God drat, this is like playing with fire.

The PC is definitely the scariest part of this game.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's absolutely incredible how quickly we actually captured Zapdos compared with the time it took to get there and the time it is now taking to get him in our loving party.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I think it's funny how I usually don't wind up giving my pokemon like, backstories. Because of the amount of time we've had to spend with such limited pokemon, and the seemingly random actions behind them, this has been one of the most well-developed Pokemon casts I've ever seen.

edit: Did they capture Zapdos in Anarchy or Democracy?

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Rei_ posted:

I think it's funny how I usually don't wind up giving my pokemon like, backstories. Because of the amount of time we've had to spend with such limited pokemon, and the seemingly random actions behind them, this has been one of the most well-developed Pokemon casts I've ever seen.

He was captured in Anarchy mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Rei_ posted:

Anarchy

e;DUX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Locked thread