Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I meant a Fissure or Horn Drill.

Fissure might work, but Horn Drill would likely just kill Pidgeot before we'd get to pull off the mirror move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Fissure might work, but Horn Drill would likely just kill Pidgeot before we'd get to pull off the mirror move.

Instant KO moves automatically fail if the target is faster and Pidgeot will definitely be faster than Rhydon.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Just once, I'd love to see Bird Jesus Mirror Move for a one-hit KO.

Garys Rhydon has Horn Drill when you fight him as a champion. :getin:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Why are so many people spamming "down" in the chat right now? We need to surf "up", not "down".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Why are so many people spamming "down" in the chat right now? We need to surf "up", not "down".

I think they're all bots.

Speaking of which I'm surprised no one coded a bunch that inputted the opposite command the chat is spamming. (EG. Down if people are spamming UP, B if people are spamming A or Start.)

Buh
May 17, 2008
Because lol I am trolling the thing which largely consists of trolling itself

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.
Nah. I don't think it's that many bots. Even a bot can only spam down once every thirty seconds. I just think it's a mixture of people trolling and people overthinking things.

After all, you do have to navigate down when you get into the menu.

The Metal Hengst
Oct 25, 2007

pitlo posted:

Nah. I don't think it's that many bots. Even a bot can only spam down once every thirty seconds. I just think it's a mixture of people trolling and people overthinking things.

Mods banned 150+ bots spamming up when we were in Pallet Town a day or so ago. This is the same thing.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

drat, missed the Blaine fight. Is there anything else they need to do, or just surf up and walk back to fight Giovanni now?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pitlo posted:

Theres a bunch typing 'down' -> ' down' (spacedown). Sure it could be assholes but they did it trying to get to Cinnabar.

--

The Metal Hengst
Oct 25, 2007

Battle Pigeon posted:

drat, missed the Blaine fight. Is there anything else they need to do, or just surf up and walk back to fight Giovanni now?

We have to get by a ledge. :black101:

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Battle Pigeon posted:

Just surf and walk back. Which is probably more of a challenge then Blaine, you didn't miss much. :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
drat, missed the gym battle by 10 minutes. The last one should be quite straightforward, right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, Acid has such a menacing sound for something so underwhelming.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Kennel posted:

drat, missed the gym battle by 10 minutes. The last one should be quite straightforward, right?

Well he has ground/rock pokemon which will resist thunder, and the rock types will also be a pain to kill with our normal type attacks, which we have a bunch of.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

Pretty much.

Kennel posted:

Giovanni's gym has mainly ground-types, which is a bit of a problem for Zapdos, but Zapdos is also immune to ground-moves, so it's got that going for it.

We also will face down a Normal type, rock types, fighting types and poison types.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Well of course they hit the platform.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fat Man Island is cursed.

Worth a try I guess

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
There goes TM 22. Bye.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well since we're here, we might as well try to catch something.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Seadra has been found... lacking.

LV.59 THUNDERSHOCK

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am very saddened by the occational "left" at the moment. Clearly trying to postpone this as long as possible.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
drat, they escaped just as I finished this up:

Maybe they'll somehow wander right back to it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I am very saddened by the occational "left" at the moment. Clearly trying to postpone this as long as possible.

Left was the best move on the platform. Since if we surf we'll go to the left where up/down/left will keep us in the water.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gen 1 has a lot of really awful sprites.

Tentacruel is not one of them.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Captain Invictus posted:

Gen 1 has a lot of really awful sprites.

Tentacruel is not one of them.

marvin the martian lookin-rear end motherfucker

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Stuck on the square of grass southeast of Pallet. I love this stream so much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hi Digrat's brother :unsmith:

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Look at all these Raticates we don't own. :smith:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mymla posted:

Stuck on the square of grass southeast of Pallet. I love this stream so much.

I spent a lot of time in this patch of grass in Gold trying to catch a Tangela, so it brings back some memories for me.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Isn't that patch of grass below Pallet the only place to find a Tangela?

It would be amazing if they blacked out here.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Isn't that patch of grass below Pallet the only place to find a Tangela?

It would be amazing if they blacked out here.

Oh hey a tangela.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

It kinda feels like they forgot Tangela existed so they just put him in his own square of grass at the end/beginning of the main town journey. I don't blame them I frequently forgot it existed back then too.

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010
If you pull really hard on the end of a Tangela's vine it spins around and collapses into a pile containing one very long vine, sneakers, and a pair of googly eyes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I went to bed when they were trapped on that corner of doom -- now they are out and about. Was it the escape rod or did the party get wiped out eventually?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Saoshyant posted:

I went to bed when they were trapped on that corner of doom -- now they are out and about. Was it the escape rod or did the party get wiped out eventually?

They died eventually

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey mom, the bots are back, help!

Seriously these loving bots spamming down, god drat

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Light Screen succesfully not learned!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Hit play whenever you feel it timed best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

That is a sassy Omanyte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

Left was the best move on the platform. Since if we surf we'll go to the left where up/down/left will keep us in the water.

Posted when they were in the water, to the right of the platform. :ssh: Made the entire thing super tense of trying not to go back on that damned platform.

• Locked thread