Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Sheamus, it's WWE Network, not W Network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ages posted:

Man, Sandow's even jobbing to jobbers
Every time I read spoilers it involves Sin Cara beating someone, so I guess this is his show just like Sunday Night Heat belonged to Stevie Richards.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Take a break from your Blow Away diet and join us in the :siren:NXT Arrival GDT:siren:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
The Bad Guy is best guy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Razor Ramon was such a greaseball scumbag.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

The Bad Guy is best guy.

Wanna emptyquote so hard but I don't know if it's halal in a neverending GDT or not.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
:laffo: just pushing a dude into a fountain.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

:laffo: just pushing a dude into a fountain.

He was just giving him his wish!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jesus Christ Nikki's bikini bottom is tiny.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can actually tell the difference in the Bella's voices now and I don't know how. Nikki even sounds like a heel when she talks.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Bella twins best twins

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yes the epitome of the southern California Beach experience is a fake wave.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tyler Breeze theme during the Bella thing.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Water going in every hole.......on your face

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

awww big e is a big nerd

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

For the longest time, I just thought Big E was a generic big-guy body builder that had no charisma, no athletic ability, and no agility. I've never been happier to be so wrong.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I'm kinda starting to like him with this video package here.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Was that Roman Reigns spotting Big E when he broke the bench press record for that gym?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DannoMack posted:

Was that Roman Reigns spotting Big E when he broke the bench press record for that gym?

Yes. Rollins was off screen hurling compliments at him angrily.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

beggar posted:

Take a break from your Blow Away diet and join us in the :siren:NXT Arrival GDT:siren:

^^^ Go there for NXT ArRIVAL chat.

Thread closed until 10PM EST. Come back then for Superstars!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Superstars match was not as fun as the Main Event match.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Anyone just watching the stream now, you're in for a good two hours of NXT.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
It's pretty excellent wrestling so far. This hippy dude is almost exactly the gimmick I had planned when I wanted to be a pro wrestler 15 years ago. I broke my knee doing stupid backyard poo poo. Yeah, I was an idiot.

Edit: I'm pretty sure, if I had made it, I'd have been a jobber.

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 28, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sleepingbuddha posted:

It's pretty excellent wrestling so far. This hippy dude is almost exactly the gimmick I had planned when I wanted to be a pro wrestler 15 years ago. I broke my knee doing stupid backyard poo poo. Yeah, I was an idiot.

Edit: I'm pretty sure, if I had made it, I'd have been a jobber.

You really dodged a loving bullet there, cause CJ Parker sucks and so does his lovely "Dude Love, but totally self serious" gimmick.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheJoker138 posted:

You really dodged a loving bullet there, cause CJ Parker sucks and so does his lovely "Dude Love, but totally self serious" gimmick.

I feel like it's a good idea, it's just the portrayal seems a little outdated. I feel like the gimmick should modern up a bit and be either a tumblr style kid or just go straight gutter punk.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, I used to smoke too much weed. We had an okay backyard wrestling league in college. I was Big Buddha. My gimmick was that I liked pot and was raised by Buddhist monks after my hippy parents forgot me in Tibet. I busted my knee taking a suplex off the top of a car. Good times, but dumb as poo poo.

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 28, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Parker's gimmick might, might work better if he swerved it somehow. 'He's a hippie but he actually loves war instead of peace, and tonight he's going to declare war on [face]!'

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Parker's gimmick might, might work better if he swerved it somehow. 'He's a hippie but he actually loves war instead of peace, and tonight he's going to declare war on [face]!'

Yeah, most wrestling fans aren't into hippy culture. Heel is the way to go. Isn't straight edge and vegan culture typical used as heel heat for Punk and Bryan?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sleepingbuddha posted:

Yeah, most wrestling fans aren't into hippy culture. Heel is the way to go. Isn't straight edge and vegan culture typical used as heel heat for Punk and Bryan?

It was, yeah. Punk talked about how people that drank were ingrates and going to die while Bryan talked about how meat eating people were monsters and that he drove a Prius and stuff. It worked pretty well if I remember right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sleepingbuddha posted:

Punk was more a heel due to his god complex than the incidental fact that he was preaching straight edge. He could have been saying he was literally Jesus for any reason and it would have been the same thing, using straight edge was just a detail.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
NXT ArRIVAL is now up in full under the "In-Ring" section.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31397473

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think CJ Parker is just mad because Dennis Reynolds banged his gf while he was chained to a tree.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I feel like it's a good idea, it's just the portrayal seems a little outdated. I feel like the gimmick should modern up a bit and be either a tumblr style kid or just go straight gutter punk.

I think this is actually probably true. Having a straight up hippie in 2014 would be like someone coming in doing Raven's gimmick in 2014. No one is into loving grunge anymore. The only exception to both of these would be if whoever was doing the gimmick was billed as being from Portland, I guess.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
4am est is the first time the on demand hasn't crashed for me. Sounds like I need to change my sleep patterns.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I think this is actually probably true. Having a straight up hippie in 2014 would be like someone coming in doing Raven's gimmick in 2014. No one is into loving grunge anymore. The only exception to both of these would be if whoever was doing the gimmick was billed as being from Portland, I guess.

I'm old, what are 2014 "hippies" like?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Is amusing hearing Vince blow off pretty much everything Rob Bartlett says on commentary on these old Raws

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

kdrudy posted:

Is amusing hearing Vince blow off pretty much everything Rob Bartlett says on commentary on these old Raws

How the gently caress did he let him stay on the air as long as he did? There is no way Vince couldn't tell how terrible he was.

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

I still don't understand what they were trying to do with Giant Gonzalez's gear.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Jale posted:

I still don't understand what they were trying to do with Giant Gonzalez's gear.

Hide the fact that he is built like Shawn Bradley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

Bubba Grace posted:

Hide the fact that he is built like Shawn Bradley.

Yeah that makes sense. I watched the Chamber of Horrors match earlier this week and noticed he was kind of a thin giant.

• Locked thread