Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
So I went into a 4p server and the game started on my join, I immediately did some tactical parley and asked if we could do cheevo's and get the CTF copter grab.
Firstly I got it and my pubby nabbed the flag while I flew, then it was the enemies turn to fly and I gave him the copter. First thing he does is shoot the enemy to death, enemy shoots back.

So I left the server knowing that in the end I won, and shed a single tear for the mentally handicapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Lazyfire posted:

You should care about pubbie feelings, namely anger and sadness.

Why

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Because its hilarious.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Because increasing both is the best part of the game.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
NissirTY could use a platoon invite, and FFS why haven't gaming companies figured out that limits on a clan's numbers is retarded.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Samuel posted:

So I went into a 4p server and the game started on my join, I immediately did some tactical parley and asked if we could do cheevo's and get the CTF copter grab.
Firstly I got it and my pubby nabbed the flag while I flew, then it was the enemies turn to fly and I gave him the copter. First thing he does is shoot the enemy to death, enemy shoots back.

So I left the server knowing that in the end I won, and shed a single tear for the mentally handicapped.

any flag transport counts for the assignment, not just in a helo. I got mine driving a tank.

I assume this is because the handful of (excruciating) times i played CTF, i never saw a transport chopper (not sure i saw a LB either, though I could be mistaken on that one)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The harvesting of pubby tears is an ancient tradition among goons, and said pubby tears have been a staple in gamer-goon diet for generations, surpassed in their importance only by Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Been out for a bit, log into Battlelog, oh hey someone invited me to the Goon Platoon without asking, awesome! 100 player limit again? gently caress :smith:

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Thanks for getting me in on LLJK platoon last night had a good few maps with you guys. Nice to have a good group to play with, all my other buddies hopped ship to DayZ and poo poo. Name is squarpushr on origin. Feel free to add me to your guys' friends lists if you want. Im always on mumble. Chyeah

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
That sounds kinda silly to be honest but okay

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

the least weasel posted:

That sounds kinda silly to be honest but okay

Huh?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Am I imagining things or has my avatar picture disappeared? Has it happened to anyone else?

I could have sworn I had my SA avatar uploaded into Origin and it showed in BF...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hopper posted:

Am I imagining things or has my avatar picture disappeared? Has it happened to anyone else?

I could have sworn I had my SA avatar uploaded into Origin and it showed in BF...

Origin and Battlelog use different avatars. Instead of using the picture in your Origin profile, Battlelog handles user pictures through the Gravatar service.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I didn't get into the prime platoon and it's going to be full of goons who don't even play anymore in a month :mad:

Also I don't want to give up my black dad.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

averox posted:

I didn't get into the prime platoon and it's going to be full of goons who don't even play anymore in a month :mad:

Don't worry, as long as I'm playing I'll do a monthly sweep or so to get rid of the goons who don't play. PM me on battlelog, I'll work something out.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
What time do Goons usually play? I got BF4 on release day, had crashing problems that prevented me from playing for more than a few minutes, then was without my gaming PC for two months tracking down a problem (that turned out to be PCIe on the Ivy Bridge chip). Then when I finally got everything back up, the Goon BF4 community seemed to be dead.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

averox posted:

Yeah, they came out of the woodwork for this like :drat:

Hopefully they'll stay active and we can get enough on at a time to run 3 or 4 squads in a match for maximum tears Shotty Whore Clan.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Nomenclature posted:

What time do Goons usually play? I got BF4 on release day, had crashing problems that prevented me from playing for more than a few minutes, then was without my gaming PC for two months tracking down a problem (that turned out to be PCIe on the Ivy Bridge chip). Then when I finally got everything back up, the Goon BF4 community seemed to be dead.

There's usually 6-12 North American goons on after 6-7pm PST at least until 10-11ish on weekdays in my experience. No one uses the Camping The Stairs BF4 server any more, so just add a bunch of goons to your friends list and you'll see where the majority are playing. Or fire up the CTS mumble and just ask, server info here.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

averox posted:

I plan on staying more active this time around mostly due to A)the Mrs. getting sent overseas for work for three months leaving me home alone with nothing to do but drink beer and play video games when I get home from work/the gym and B) The release of Naval Strike bringing back Titan mode which will suck up my FPS time until the release of Battlefront.

Also I think BF4 is a fuckload more fun than BF3 was by a long shot, even despite the bugs and stuff.

timetrippad
Mar 31, 2010
Applied to join DUNK since I am the hardest of the hardcore*

*Hardness not available in AK, HI, or PR. Subject to restrictions.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
My veterans guide to everybody who wants to fly attack helo's.

90_Minute
Oct 22, 2008

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

any flag transport counts for the assignment, not just in a helo. I got mine driving a tank.

I assume this is because the handful of (excruciating) times i played CTF, i never saw a transport chopper (not sure i saw a LB either, though I could be mistaken on that one)

It is also possible that :dice: doesn't know the difference between a helicopter and a tank. Exhibit A...

Also, sent a handful of friend requests and would appreciate a DUNK invite if available. Origin: DH_90_minute

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

DICE is looking to get some people on a test server to look at upgraded netcode

Those of you who don't work or aren't at work now should try that out and offer a trip report.

Oh, and I was pleased I made it into the StWW platoon and look forward to capping points and getting kicked for being mean in chat this weekend.

But it's not called netcode! Someone ask them to stop it at once

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

lonter posted:

But it's not called netcode! Someone ask them to stop it at once

Well, they did put it in quotes

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Looks like the Reddit equivalent of TFR identified one of the new guns in the Naval Strike screenshot: the ARX160.
http://imgur.com/a/U2gCB

I wonder if it'll be an AR, or a carbine.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 28, 2014

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Looks like the Reddit equivalent of TFR identified one of the new guns in the Naval Strike screenshot: the ARX160.

HOVERCRAFTS JUST LIKE BURT REYNOLDS IN GATOR.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gonkish posted:

Except reddit is wrong as usual. There's no mag in front of the pistol grip and the bulk of the rifle is behind it. That's the L85A2 with an ACOG.

You can see it in the barrel length, lack of mag, and the body going from the step-up over the foregrip and back.

TorpedoBeetle
Jan 23, 2004
Goon Justice
420-everyday

FUCK TELLTALE
GAMES

Is it just me, or is that soldier firing that gun while holding the clip rather than the grip with the actual trigger on it? :dice:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

TorpedoBeetle posted:

Is it just me, or is that soldier firing that gun while holding the clip rather than the grip with the actual trigger on it? :dice:

Naw, he' using his thumb, drawing it back towards his body.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

Except reddit is wrong as usual. There's no mag in front of the pistol grip and the bulk of the rifle is behind it. That's the L85A2 with an ACOG.

You can see it in the barrel length, lack of mag, and the body going from the step-up over the foregrip and back.
This:

TorpedoBeetle posted:

I think it's an ARX160 that the soldier is holding wrong.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Merica posted:

HOVERCRAFTS JUST LIKE BURT REYNOLDS IN GATOR.

LANAAAAA

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Can I get an invite to the overflow platoon? Kitfox88, just like here on the forums.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fifty Three posted:

This:

I think it's an ARX160 that the soldier is holding wrong.

Yeah, after I posted that I had a thought that it kinda looks like he's holding the mag in his right hand and the stock is folded over.

Should've figured on :dice:, oh well. Zoomed in more and I was wrong, the pistol grip is almost clipping with his shoulder. :downs:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Uninstalled this after almost 300hrs playing. More than I spent on BF3!

I'll probably be back after I've played titanfall to death.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
The latest patch designed to fix up those crash bugs makes me crash hard. The moment the map title cards fade the little underscore stalls and it just dies. Even on the test range. I've updated PB and re-installed my drivers with no luck.

GRRR!

edit: fixed it

1. Go into your game directory (D:\Origin Games\Battlefield 4, or whatever is the default one)
2. If you have a “user.cfg” file, open it in notepad.
3. Delete the command line “UI.DrawEnable 1”
4. Save the file
5. Start the game

tobu fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 28, 2014

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Cross posting from Twitch Plays Pokemon Red.

--- ---

So I decided to check my Facebook and...

I honestly do not know what to say to this. :v:

:allears:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Ban every button but Q, obviously.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone have ideas on keybindings for PC flying? I absolutely CANNOT figure this out. Once on the test range I flew for 15 seconds then somehow I rolled onto my side and crashed. It makes no sense to me. Oh and I love these defaults. Does Dice think I can use my WASD and my Up Down keys and my mouse all at the same time?

It just doesn't make any sense. Up and down, rotate right and left, I can ALMOST do that. Anything that involves movement nope, all over the loving place.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

hackedaccount posted:

Anyone have ideas on keybindings for PC flying? I absolutely CANNOT figure this out. Once on the test range I flew for 15 seconds then somehow I rolled onto my side and crashed. It makes no sense to me. Oh and I love these defaults. Does Dice think I can use my WASD and my Up Down keys and my mouse all at the same time?

It just doesn't make any sense. Up and down, rotate right and left, I can ALMOST do that. Anything that involves movement nope, all over the loving place.
You only need WASD, shift, space, and the mouse. W and S changes speed, A and D pivot your plane in those directions, mouse rolls and tilts. The protip everyone uses to really help is to rebind space in the flying controls from shoot to pull up. It makes cornering much easier: Just turn your mouse so you're flying sideways, with your head pointed where you want to turn, then hold space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Yeah I'm just doing helicopters for now.

I'm getting the hang of it but it feels really drifty and unresponsive at times. Is that normal?

• Locked thread