Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Looking ahead to Gen 2:
Pokemon that are given to you: Togepi, Eevee, Tyrogue, Spearow, Shuckle. The fight over what to do with Eevee is going to be glorious; unfortunately evolution stones are insanely hard to get in Gen 2 and they probably won't get any until the Elite Four is beaten. Oh well

Espeon or Umbreon would be pretty useful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

G/S/C doesn't have anything that can be be as interesting as the rise of Lord Helix, does it?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

SlothfulCobra posted:

G/S/C doesn't have anything that can be be as interesting as the rise of Lord Helix, does it?

People will turn anything into a meme. We'll find something alright.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's given to you within the first ten minutes of (normal) gameplay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm looking forward to a ton of phone calls in G/S/C.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm looking forward to a ton of phone calls in G/S/C.

we are going to hear so much about Joey and his rattata.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Of course the win happened at 4 am so I couldn't witness it :C.

TombstoneTromboner
Dec 26, 2012

the original

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm placing bets on the Rainbow and Silver Wings being the next 'holy' items. Useless items we'll have in our inventory that summon the legendary pokemon? Sounds like a potential Helix Fossil.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

loving Nite Crew. I missed the end of Twitch Plays Pokemon Red.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
GSC also introduced Item pockets, right? So there will be MORE inventory fumbling.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

It's given to you within the first ten minutes of (normal) gameplay.

Togepi's too lame to be a god.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What? gently caress the night crew :( how long ago was it? I slept seven hours.....

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm shocked I got as close as I did on blackouts and I'm just gleeful that they finally beat it. :3:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

When's Twitch Plays Vietnamese Crystal, that's what I really care about.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kikas posted:

GSC also introduced Item pockets, right? So there will be MORE inventory fumbling.

as well as berries and handing items to pokemon, which is going to make using TMs even more fun.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
God drat it, I was sleeping :negative:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ahaha, great job Night Crew. I can't believe my blackouts guess was only off by one!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The final battle with Blue plus the ending is up on YouTube. I missed it too, but I watched the capture of the final fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG2Dc2bp4oU

I was pretty close on the finisher guess. I was off by one on the dudes left alive. 84 was WAY off on the blackouts, though. It all seemed so hopeless at the time.

Sleep now, Red. The voices have left you. :unsmith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What? gently caress the night crew :( how long ago was it? I slept seven hours.....

I think it was about six hours ago.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
TPP inspired me to pick up Gold for the first time, and the the radio and cell phone have the potential for massively slowing down the game.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Hammerite posted:

It seems that Twitch blacked out 21 times, which means that the winner is Inadequately and the runners-up are Slate Action and The Bee.

Please post in this thread to indicate what forums account upgrade you want bought for you. Slate Action and The Bee, yours may cost at most $5.

Hammerite, I will take No Ads. Thanks for your goonerosity.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
For those who were asleep:

The best thing about the ending was that the chat selected a new game.

It then froze. It was perfect.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

TPP inspired me to pick up Gold for the first time, and the the radio and cell phone have the potential for massively slowing down the game.

Now that's a catchy tune!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rynoto posted:

No, they had picked continue and then the streamer stopped the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe it. It turns out that if you give over 50,000 howler monkeys a single gameboy, that with just a little intervention they can beat pokemon red.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

:siren: BONUS QUESTION :siren:

I will buy a FORUMS GIFT CERT (value: 10$) to the person who gets this 100% right (tiebreakers based on submission time, eariler the better)

1) Which of Red's pokemon is the one who lands the finishing blow on Blue's champion reign?
2) What move do they use to do it?
3) How many pokemon does Red have alive when it happens?

All three need to be right to win.

HERE IS A GOOGLE FORM TO SUBMIT IT Answers posted here don't count. Whatever pokemon/move is the last one used before Blue is beaten (and we lose control) and we enter the Hall of Fame is the one used to judge, in case of poison/recoil damage or whatever.

EDIT: first submission per username is the one that counts!

After careful video review, the correct answer was: Zapdos, with Thundershock, with three pokemon left (Zapdos, Nidoking, and Venomoth).

Here is the list of submissions with the winner being Yachi, so let me know what you want

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Rynoto posted:

It wasn't actually a new game they ended up hitting continue.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I wonder if the stream's popularity will drop down significantly now. Gen 2 are fan favourites, but it's going to be tough to start over now that the excitement of the Elite Four has died down, and a lot of people only ever played Red or Blue. I'll still watch it, heck I may even register and start inputting commands, but I feel like for many people the experiment is over.

Still, I look forward to new fanart. That's been my favourite part of this.

EDIT:

fits posted:

After careful video review, the correct answer was: Zapdos, with Thundershock, with three pokemon left (Zapdos, Nidoking, and Venomoth).

Here is the list of submissions with the winner being Yachi, so let me know what you want

Haha, who said Hellfire?

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 1, 2014

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Sorry to all you bastards who went to sleep :(

I came back to find 1000 new posts and that we'd won. So what's next?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Hammerite posted:

It seems that Twitch blacked out 21 times, which means that the winner is Inadequately and the runners-up are Slate Action and The Bee.

Please post in this thread to indicate what forums account upgrade you want bought for you. Slate Action and The Bee, yours may cost at most $5.

Think I'll go for a $5 gift card for avatar buying purposes (since buying your own is 5 but for someone else is 10, if I remember right.) Is that 4-sprite pic of Abby, Digrat, and a few others still open?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

YellerBill posted:

I came back to find 1000 new posts and that we'd won. So what's next?

Pokemon GSC, what else

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leofish posted:

I wonder if the stream's popularity will drop down significantly now. Gen 2 are fan favourites, but it's going to be tough to start over now that the excitement of the Elite Four has died down, and a lot of people only ever played Red or Blue. I'll still watch it, heck I may even register and start inputting commands, but I feel like for many people the experiment is over.
The popularity will drop a bit, but even if it dropped by 90% there'd still be a few thousand people.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This is still the weirdest loving thing I've ever seen in my life and I'm sincerely glad I was alive to witness it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The night crew does so well because you're not here to mess it up.

Yeah, I'm talking to you.

Buh
May 17, 2008

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Looking ahead to Gen 2:
Pokemon that are given to you: Togepi, Eevee, Tyrogue, Spearow, Shuckle. The fight over what to do with Eevee is going to be glorious; unfortunately evolution stones are insanely hard to get in Gen 2 and they probably won't get any until the Elite Four is beaten. Oh well

It'll evolve into Espeon or Umbreon by itself eventually, though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Endorph posted:

The popularity will drop a bit, but even if it dropped by 90% there'd still be a few thousand people.

True enough. My only regret, if you can call it that, is not finding this stream until a week in. I'm excited for Gold or Silver. I hope a few nods to this game get edited in.

Vermain posted:

This is still the weirdest loving thing I've ever seen in my life and I'm sincerely glad I was alive to witness it.

Truly, it is humanity's golden age.

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
I been sick this week so when my Cell Phone alarm woke me up I wanted to throw the sucker out the window. Around 4:04 AM EST time I log onto my net book. A few minutes later I view the twitch page since my friend said they were done. I knew they were not because he shown me a picture of Lance being beaten. Thus I physically check the twitch stream and see Blastdois on the screen. I leave it on and got to eventually saw Zapdos finish the entire game.

That was likely the longest I ever watched the stream and I'm glad it happened. Rest well Red. You were only data but your creators both for the game it's self and the Twitch programing gave birth to all this.

Sandata fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 1, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

This is perfect.

• Locked thread