Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So now the game is out in Australia, any Ausgoons managed to get their hands on an Uncensored version and want to share their secrets? :australia:

Same for me, but i'm from Germany. Is the game giftable via Steam from the US or is it regionlocked, and why the gently caress is it $60?! And even then, is the US version definitely uncensored?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.
I know the Aussie version has the anal probe bits censored, but I'm having a problem where the Nazi shouts aren't playing either. Are these censored too, or is it a glitch in my PC version?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I spent the entire game as a hairy little bearded barbarian/khan/Dothraki Horselord and finished the game Princess v Princess in the poofy barbarian wig, valkyrie clothes and makeover eye shadow

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
...Wow. In Cartman's house, Not Without My Anus is playing on the television. If you sit through it, the entire audio of the episode will play.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 6, 2014

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Zilkin posted:

I wouldn't spent much time on that since you will pretty much completely change the look of your dude every 1-2 hours.

Skincolour …

Anyway, time for a break, played 12 hours and 10 - 20 minutes. It's 1:30 PM and I'm considering some much needed sleep. Also, Canada is friggin awesome!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

how me a frog posted:

I assume they are completely random clippings from actual Hitler speeches.

I think this is my favorite part of the Nazi Zombie thing. They are literally just Hitler. Even the cats/bacteria is spouting Hitler's speeches.

BiggerJ posted:

...Wow. In Cartman's house, Not Without My Anus is playing on the television. If you sit through it, the entire audio of the episode will play.

It's an Obsidian game. Did you really not expect this kind of thing? :v:

I also love how Kyle at one point completely runs in terror from the Nazis.

"The green goo makes them even more lame!"

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 6, 2014

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Yeah, look, am I just an idiot or is it almost impossible to do the Sneaky Squeaker on a controller? I'm holding the thumbstick down then releasing it but nothing happens. By far the worst and most frustrating parts of this game are the need to perform these awkward as hell 'adventure game' sequences. I've honestly been trying it to do it for fifteen minutes but it just won't work as the instructions say it should.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

drat. I bought the game from 2game and was expecting to get my key in the mail fairly quickly. But it was a midnight release and now it's 2pm and I still don't have my key :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope Matt & Trey release some kind of commentary track or DLC with commentary sprinkled throughout the game. I love all their episodes commentaries

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Are there any coupons out there? The 25% off from GMG expired yesterday it seems...

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

KCE1U6-JJ96XO-IR5W7L (edit: 25% off edit edit: I guess it is for not-US only) on GMG is still valid, at least I can apply it on checkout. Really on the fence on buying this since I have to get Dark Souls 2 , too. Is it good?

Demicol fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 6, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Is it good? Yes, very. Aside from the fact it's way too easy, it's easily one of the best presented games I've seen. It looks fantastic, incredibly consistent to the point where it could be an actual episode.

It's also a love letter to South Park as virtually every major element of the show is in there somewhere. If you're not a fan of South Park, it might be a bit overbearing at times.

The gameplay is also really, really fun.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

drat it, sold! Thanks for the input.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, look, am I just an idiot or is it almost impossible to do the Sneaky Squeaker on a controller? I'm holding the thumbstick down then releasing it but nothing happens.

Are you trying to pass the tutorial or use it out in the world? The tutorial makes it seem more complicated than it actually is. You just hold down the right stick, dial the left one in and hold it in place when you feel a vibration, then watch the fart land on the ground and push up on the right stick.

In the game itself you really just use the left stick to aim, pushing up on the right stick to release when the people you want to distract are highlighted green.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Finally finished this. Good game. Not $60 retail good, but still good.

Biggest laughs were definitely the (ending spoilers) nuke ending and Canada.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

So no one answered a question earlier. There seems to be a choice at a certain point on Day 2. Is there actual faction choice and does it matter what you choose if there is?

Don't try to min/max this game. Don't sweat any decisions you have to make. Just have fun, m'kay.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Start steam, see this for sale, Low violence version.

gently caress Australia.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So how bad is the loading without a hard drive on xbox? Anybody have any idea? I will probably lend my game to my buddy who has the cheapo hard driveless 360.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Irish Joe posted:

Don't try to min/max this game. Don't sweat any decisions you have to make. Just have fun, m'kay.

I do wish they didn't put such good weapons on vendors. I bought a ridiculous upgrade of a weapon from Jimbo, only to see a chest above him and get a way cooler looking weapon but was a major downgrade. That was disappointing.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

UntunedGuitar47 posted:

Same for me, but i'm from Germany. Is the game giftable via Steam from the US or is it regionlocked, and why the gently caress is it $60?! And even then, is the US version definitely uncensored?

I'm told by US friends that there's a 14 MB "data_archive_uncensored.oaf" file in the uncensored PC versions, but I'm in the same gently caress-Up Boat as you (Austria) so I can't try it out. And yes, it's definitely uncensored.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The game may be "too easy", but there are plenty of fights where you have a chance of almost getting hosed over and quickly if you don't act fast enough. I haven't really buffed myself out with nothing but armor and armor-piercing or damage attachments and I don't spam potions too much, and the fights are just hard enough to keep me on my toes.

But I mean, even if you lose a fight the worst thing that happens is you start back on whatever screen you had the encounter on. The only thing you have to restart is the battle you lost.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

King Vidiot posted:

The game may be "too easy", but there are plenty of fights where you have a chance of almost getting hosed over and quickly if you don't act fast enough. I haven't really buffed myself out with nothing but armor and armor-piercing or damage attachments and I don't spam potions too much, and the fights are just hard enough to keep me on my toes.

But I mean, even if you lose a fight the worst thing that happens is you start back on whatever screen you had the encounter on. The only thing you have to restart is the battle you lost.

that's how I feel about it. It was a lot of fun then all the sudden around level 10 or 12 I suddenly got super man strong. And the buffs/debuff stacking is to crazy to ignore.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
So, is the Australian version supposed to be missing all the audio on the nazi zombies? Because that really sucks and didn't seem to be outlined anywhere.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The Australian government has no idea what its doing, but insists on doing it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I had told myself I was going to hold off on buying this until a price drop but I love South Park and have no self control so I bought it on 360 last night. This was a good idea, right? This is a good game and I will not regret dropping 60 clams on it? Reviews are so mixed at this point.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

So I had told myself I was going to hold off on buying this until a price drop but I love South Park and have no self control so I bought it on 360 last night. This was a good idea, right? This is a good game and I will not regret dropping 60 clams on it? Reviews are so mixed at this point.

It's a good game, but even as a fan of the show I don't think it's worth $60. YMMV.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

PantsBandit posted:

If you love South Park as you say, you'll really enjoy this game I think. I mean unless you're super against the Paper Mario formula or something. I'm not really a big fan of South Park and haven't watched it in forever but the game never once dragged or got annoying or too in-jokey for me to enjoy it from start to finish. As people mentioned earlier, it gets a little too easy eventually but I didn't really mind that. I'd rather "breeze" through a game than get stuck on some impossibly hard bossfight for a week or something.

e: Yeah, but I do agree it might not be worth $60. I got it 25% off so it wasn't too bad but I'd say $30-$40 might be a more justifiable price.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

If you're a South Park fan I think it's worth it (of course why you would buy it if you don't like South Park makes no sense to me). It's not overly long but there's enough content there, especially with sidequests, that you'll be playing for a while. And plus there's just so much to take in and explore. And it plays fun too (mostly. Stupid fart tutorials).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Hakkesshu posted:

The amount of people having trouble with the QTEs and tutorials say you're not the only one.

(Really though this game is stupidly easy. It's like an even lighter RPG than the Mario RPGs)

Actually the tutorials are retarded, because as far as I can tell they teach you how fart magic works in combat while 99% of your fart magic will be used out of combat.

I found the game moderately hard on Normal, and I think it comes down to a few things:
- Being totally sucky at timing. I can get a perfect attack 90% of the time, but half my defending attempts fail.
- Playing this like any other RPG and forgetting you have a free item use each turn.
- Combined with the above, not using any status effects to their full potential.
- Not using fart magic because it involves refilling the meter outside combat, which I didn't realize was possible until halfway through the game.

You are relatively weak in the defense department (your armor is really garbage compared to the monsters you encounter), so if you go up against a group of enemies and can't quickly eliminate some of them, you will get your poo poo hosed up.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 6, 2014

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

PantsBandit posted:

all depends how much fun is worth to you. For me I got 12 hours from the game. I can honestly say I enjoyed it. Though I used the coupon and got it for $45. For that price it filled my last 2 days off with something new.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

If you are the type of person that feels that $60 isn't necessarily ensuring you get 100+ hours of gameplay then you could very well like it. Its a short-ish game (15-20 hours), but its a solid RPG and its a love letter to South Park fans. I definitely feel good about the purchase.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
Aw gently caress it, i'm gonna hit someone up on Steam later to gift the US version to me. I just got released from hospital on Monday and need some lightheartet fun to keep me busy while im still sick and stuff. I really like South Park and i have spend more money on lovely lovely crap crap before (CoD Ghosts e.g.), so i could be worse off.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hahahah goddamn. Near-endgame spoiler instead of going right up Mr. Slave's rear end, I ran around the room a minute looking to see if there's anything. And then as Randy is like "who can we find-" and then the Snuke blew up, you see a nuke mushroom cloud and it cut to credits. The full credits. Then game over. :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did anyone else encounter this glitch? It happened to me last night and restarting the game didn't help. On the second day I went to the farm with Jimmy to get his flute, and on the cutscene when he starts stuttering I never got a B button prompt to skip the cutscene, nor did just holding the button without the prompt do anything. I ended up just giving up on it and did a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully it will work today, since I'll probably actually advance the story when I get home from work instead of doing sidequests all night.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I got that too. He actually does finish his sentence; I know because I waited it out. I almost wonder if that's one you're not allowed to skip.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Naerasa posted:

I got that too. He actually does finish his sentence; I know because I waited it out. I almost wonder if that's one you're not allowed to skip.

It really doesn't matter. I haven't skipped any and they all finish eventually. that's one of the only one that changes instead of just looping that I've seen, though.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

IcePhoenix posted:

Did anyone else encounter this glitch? It happened to me last night and restarting the game didn't help. On the second day I went to the farm with Jimmy to get his flute, and on the cutscene when he starts stuttering I never got a B button prompt to skip the cutscene, nor did just holding the button without the prompt do anything. I ended up just giving up on it and did a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully it will work today, since I'll probably actually advance the story when I get home from work instead of doing sidequests all night.

This isn't a glitch, but intentional. Even though you can skip the other scenes, all of them will end if your patient and let him finish. This is just another example of them loving with you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally finished this morning and the game actually exceeded my already high expectations. Pretty much everything about the game is south park as gently caress. The musical cues, the graphics, even the way it makes you feel super uncomfortable at parts.

I only have a few complaints besides the kinda short length.

-I never ended up using the magic much. It wasn't as good as my regular abilities and the fact that mana didn't regenerate meant that it was just easier to use my PP that refilled after every battle

-I hate the way the game would put items on you and force you to re-equip all your stuff.

-The combat was too easy overall. I can count the number of times I died on one hand even on hard.

I really hope this sells well enough to get a sequel since I haven't smiled while playing a game this much in a while.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 6, 2014

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Delizin posted:

This isn't a glitch, but intentional. Even though you can skip the other scenes, all of them will end if your patient and let him finish. This is just another example of them loving with you.

Seems like a glitch to me, or at least a bad design. If you teach people "you can skip these scenes" in the previous two instances, and you can not do it in this one, it seems very much like a bug.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Delizin posted:

How long does it go on? I tabbed out to see if it would fix itself by letting it run and when I came back it was still going. Or did tabbing out pause it?

That's real dumb though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm going to go with them loving with you.

The simon segments during that one sequence shows that they have a habit of loving with you when it would be funny to, I imagine this is a similar case.

• Locked thread