Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

29/30 Chinpokomon, and the one I'm missing is of course one of the permanently missable ones. (Pterdaken, on the second floor of the school)

I just wanted to be a Chinpokomon master :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hemophilia posted:

I'm having a problem late-game with a bug: I have to give the snuke an abortion, and it's bugging out at the second or third step. This is on the PC release. Anyone had a similar issue?

Probably way late on this but I had to fail and reload a couple times before it worked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sounds like we just barely avoided a Saints Row The Third type situation there, I guess (still a fun game, but obviously rushed out the door before it was complete in a desperate bid to make enough money to hold off the creditors a little longer).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bilperkins2 posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. It wasn't that it was garbage, sorry. It was incomplete and THQ was pushing to get it out the door incomplete. It was garbage in the sense that it wasn't balanced and many areas were devoid of content. I definitely don't want to imply that Ubisoft did all the work here, the guys at Obsidian worked tirelessly. THQ execs were pushing to get the incomplete product out ASAP in order to save themselves. That's why it was garbage at that point.

Yeah, didn't meant to jump up your rear end (Jesus Chriiist!), just thought you were going somewhere else with that comment.

So... cool! Glad to hear we avoided a sticky situation with Stick of Truth getting shoved out the door unfinished. I think THQ going under was probably the best thing to happen for quite a few franchises, truth be told.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, didn't meant to jump up your rear end (Jesus Chriiist!), just thought you were going somewhere else with that comment.

So... cool! Glad to hear we avoided a sticky situation with Stick of Truth getting shoved out the door unfinished. I think THQ going under was probably the best thing to happen for quite a few franchises, truth be told.

Yeah I definitely want to reiterate that the Obsidian guys are great and I really appreciate the hard work they put into this. I'll bet many if not most were working plenty of overtime for probably at least 3 months, if not more, so I should not steal ANY of their thunder. It was 99.999% them, 0.001% me.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Finally finished it and the one joke that had me laughing the hardest (Beginning of day 2 spoiler) was when the guy was first shot by the military for asking for many questions. Then his body's laying there with a woman crying while holding him. You can walk over and loot his corpse. I felt like a monster.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Wachepti posted:

It's a short rear end game. Short but sweet.

That's necessarily not too bad, because a season of South Park is like 4 hours, a little more. So Stick of Thruth is like two or even three season of interactive South Park. One season on dvd costs like 20 euroes, so 40 euroes for this game isn't - with this reasoning - too bad. Sue, as a game it's short, but I've watched every season of South Park like ten times, so the replayability should be there.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

bobmcdynamite posted:

Finally finished it and the one joke that had me laughing the hardest (Beginning of day 2 spoiler) was when the guy was first shot by the military for asking for many questions. Then his body's laying there with a woman crying while holding him. You can walk over and loot his corpse. I felt like a monster.

I did the same and laughed pretty hard. Nice little touch there.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Finished the game in about 15 hours with all quests/chimpokamon and 112 friends.

Loved it, didn't laugh out loud for most of it though.

For me the best joke was in the abortion clinic when traveling through a pipe, you see a rat standing below a leaky pipe and a wire that is flickering and you start thinking "oh yeah, this again water + electricty = no fight". Then you hit the pipe and off screen a soldiers yells about something in the floor and just machine guns the rat

I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 8, 2014

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just beat the game, it was an amazing ride. I could tell from the beginning that you would have to fart on a man's balls but I never figured that the final boss would be Nazi Zombie Princess Kenny, and that Butters could beat the poo poo out of death during the final fight.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got the text bug right when I got to the nuke. Awful. Decent game otherwise, minus techinal issues. I'm not going to replay it though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

TheAbortionator posted:

Loved it, didn't laugh out loud for most of it though.

Yeah, overall it was more of a grin-like-an-idiot game than a laugh out loud game. For me the biggest enjoyment I got out of it was just the fact that I was literally in South Park, having an adventure with the kids. That was everything adolescent me dreamed of, and my Inner South Park Superfan was giddy all the way through.

The hardest laughs I got were (night 2) the entire sequence with the underpants gnomes and how it just kept escalating. Like, you kind of see it coming but go "nooo they wouldn't", and then they go there. And it just keeps getting worse. That, and (day 3) pretty much all of Canada.

edit: Oh, and (end-of-game) if you're just like "gently caress this poo poo" when everybody's expecting you to go up Mr. Slave's rear end, and you leave, the town instantly explodes and the actual end game credits come up. Then you have to re-load. I laughed pretty hard at that one, too.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 8, 2014

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. It wasn't that it was garbage, sorry. It was incomplete and THQ was pushing to get it out the door incomplete. It was garbage in the sense that it wasn't balanced and many areas were devoid of content. I definitely don't want to imply that Ubisoft did all the work here, the guys at Obsidian worked tirelessly. THQ execs were pushing to get the incomplete product out ASAP in order to save themselves. That's why it was garbage at that point.

Glad to hear you guys have learned the lessons of Obsidian Publishers Past.

It's nice to see what happens when they're given time to finish a game with real QA. :)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

King Vidiot posted:

edit: Oh, and (end-of-game) if you're just like "gently caress this poo poo" when everybody's expecting you to go up Mr. Slave's rear end, and you leave, the town instantly explodes and the actual end game credits come up. Then you have to re-load. I laughed pretty hard at that one, too.

I did that and my game crashed.

So after beating the game somehow I'm missing 5 friends. I have all the Chinpokomon and I'm pretty sure I've done every sidequest, I'm not exactly sure who I'm missing here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

I did that and my game crashed.

So after beating the game somehow I'm missing 5 friends. I have all the Chinpokomon and I'm pretty sure I've done every sidequest, I'm not exactly sure who I'm missing here.

A couple things you might have missed.

Cartman's Room: If you have Cartman with you, you can "friend" Polly Pissy-Pants
Stan's Room: If you read the flier on the floor, it gives directions into the old forest that will get you more friends

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jerusalem posted:

A couple things you might have missed.

Cartman's Room: If you have Cartman with you, you can "friend" Polly Pissy-Pants
Stan's Room: If you read the flier on the floor, it gives directions into the old forest that will get you more friends

Thanks for that. I already knew about The Woodland Critters but I completely forgot about the thing with Cartman.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
If I equip an unlocked hairstyle and don't like it, can I then unequip it and get my default hairstyle back?

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Behonkiss posted:

If I equip an unlocked hairstyle and don't like it, can I then unequip it and get my default hairstyle back?

Yep, and just as easy as unequipping it too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My favorite bit:

The boys meeting when they decide you need to recruit the girls. I was the Hoff and it worked so perfectly.

I am 10 friends short. I know 3 of them, one I can't get due to the choice I made. But there are 7 around that I just didn't get. No idea.
Big Gay Al and Polly are the ones I know about. Bishop I killed.

Also, there were a couple doors down the block from star trek kid that I never opened. Are those openable?

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 8, 2014

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I'm going out on a limb here but I'm thinking that really wasn't Morgan Freeman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All the stuff with the girls is great, especially when you find out where their "base" is located.

"He doesn't talk."
"That's..... so hot!"

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Jerusalem posted:

All the stuff with the girls is great, especially when you find out where their "base" is located.

"He doesn't talk."
"That's..... so hot!"

I found out where it was at the start of the game when it was a door with a gold handle that I couldn't open.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lady Galaga posted:

I found out where it was at the start of the game when it was a door with a gold handle that I couldn't open.

I didn't even connect the dots. It's so obviously where that is upon retrospect but every time the blindfold was on I was like WHERE IS THIS PLACE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I found that door early in the game but then I pretty much just forgot about it till the reveal.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

How many friends are there in the game, exactly? I thought when I got 100 that that was it, especially since number 100 was (sewers) a crab person, and that one requires a late-game skill. But then I got Jimbo and Ned, bringing it up to 102 and I still wasn't done.

I just remembered Timmy, I still haven't found wherever that last fast-travel location is, so there's 103, and there's also the underpants gnome quest that I haven't done so that's probably another. But for all I know there'll still be more.

edit: VV Well gently caress me, then. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that I've been locked out of a bunch due to story progression or whatever and give it up.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 8, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
:siren::siren:Massive Spoiler Alert:siren::siren:

Here is an image of all the friends in the game for people who aren't sure who they are missing along with a list I threw together from memory of their locations:
http://imgur.com/MbY0HMt

1 - Polly Prisspanys: Bring Cartman to his room
2 - Mrs Marsh: Buy enough poo poo from Rhinoplasty
3-7 - Inside Mr Slave: #6 is *MISSABLE
8 - Collect all Chinpokomon
9 - Ike: Clyde's tower
10 - Police Chief: Need to talk to him during Nazi zombie invasion and complete quest *MISSABLE
11-22 Woodland Critters: From woods go right up right down right
23-29 Girls: Complete girls quest
30-31 - Jimbo/Ned: Complete Big Game Hunter
32 - Crab Person: Use Nagasaki in sewers to break rock
33-38 - Canadians: Complete Canada Quest
39 - Bishop: Take the dire pig balls instead of killing him *MISSABLE
40 - Canadian Earl: Canada Quest
41-42 - Girls Quest
43 - Hiding behind bushes in Stan's yard, use gnome form to reach
44 - In Kyle's backyard. Will friend you a while after joining with Kyle or advancing storyline
45 - Storyline Friend
46 - On roof of news building, need gnome form to climb up to roof
47 - Dad: Get a bunch of friends then talk to him
48 - Bring him 5 pairs of underpants in your bedroom after Night 2
49 - In the fifth grade classroom during the school showdown mission *MISSABLE
50-51 - Fighting in the halls during the school showdown
52-53 - Befriended during storyline
54 - Complete quest to destroy human banners in Kyle's backyard
55-58 - Part of Storyline after recruiting goth kids
59-62 - Talk to them in the community center after retrieving incriminating Taco bell evidence
63 - Complete Quest to drop monitor off in his storage unit
64 - Part of Storyline
65 - Talk to her in the post office (I think) after getting enough friends
66 - After kicking her rear end with Stan, go back in the room and talk to her
67 - Storyline
68-69 - Talk to them in Kenny's house after killing meth heads
70 - Talk to him in Kyle's backyard
71 - Complete Bum quest
72-76 - Complete Mr Hankey's quest in the sewers. Requires Day 2
77-78 - Buy a bunch of stuff from the coffee shop
79 - He is in the top level of a building or house, you need to teleport to an open second story window to reach him
80 - Roof of the police building, use the teleporter above the fire escape to reach him
81-82 - Storyline
83 - Complete his quest in the blue house on the bottom left of the town
84 - Complete his quest at the City Wok
85 - Storyline
86-91 - Find all the kindergarteners
92 - Bring his package from the post office to him at his house
93 - Storyline
94 - She is in between some buildings near around the bank, post office, rhinoplasty areas
95-96 - Complete the quest in the bar in the NW corner of town
97 - Wake him up outside the bar in the NW corner of town
98-99 - Talk to the priest, find Jesus in the church, talk the priest again, find Jesus in the church again
100 - Talk to her near the bus stop after getting enough friends
101 - Talk to him outside of Kyle's house
102 - Smash the snowman outside of Kyle's house
103 - Talk to him in Professor Chaos' storage unit
104 - Talk to him next to Tweek's coffee shop
105 - Talk to him in the movie theater
106 - Talk to your mom after making some friends
107 - Talk to her standing out on one of the residential streets
108 - He is in the attic of one of the houses, Clyde's I think
109 - Free him from prison, the key is in the evidence room
110 - Save her from bullies outside of city hall
111 - Talk to her in the news room
112 - Talk to her on the bench near post office and shops
113 - Talk to him on the street near post office and stuff
114-115 - In Butters' house
116 - Outside near Butters' house
117 - Cartman's house
118 - Bring him a flower in Cartman's yard after arriving for the first time
119-120 Storyline

Edit: Updated image link to add in the rest of the numbers to make it easier to read. Added a note to the ones I know are missable, but I am probably missing some.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 8, 2014

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I think it's great that even out of 120 characters that you can befriend, Token is STILL the only black kid in South Park. Poor guy.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

11BulletCatcher posted:

I think it's great that even out of 120 characters that you can befriend, Token is STILL the only black kid in South Park. Poor guy.

Not since my kid came to town. :smug:

Also, a need a little help. How the hell do you get past the Turret in the abortion clinic? Pretty sure I'm missing something obvious.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Delizin posted:

:siren::siren:Massive Spoiler Alert:siren::siren:

Here is an image of all the friends in the game for people who aren't sure who they are missing along with a list I threw together from memory of their locations:
http://imgur.com/MbY0HMt

1 - Polly Prisspanys: Bring Cartman to his room
2 - Mrs Marsh: Buy enough poo poo from Rhinoplasty
3-7 - Inside Mr Slave: #6 is *MISSABLE
8 - Collect all Chinpokomon
9 - Ike: Clyde's tower
10 - Police Chief: Need to talk to him during Nazi zombie invasion and complete quest *MISSABLE
11-22 Woodland Critters: From woods go right up right down right
23-29 Girls: Complete girls quest
30-31 - Jimbo/Ned: Complete Big Game Hunter
32 - Crab Person: Use Nagasaki in sewers to break rock
33-38 - Canadians: Complete Canada Quest
39 - Bishop: Take the dire pig balls instead of killing him *MISSABLE
40 - Canadian Earl: Canada Quest
41-42 - Girls Quest
43 - Hiding behind bushes in Stan's yard, use gnome form to reach
44 - In Kyle's backyard. Will friend you a while after joining with Kyle or advancing storyline
45 - Storyline Friend
46 - On roof of news building, need gnome form to climb up to roof
47 - Dad: Get a bunch of friends then talk to him
48 - Bring him 5 pairs of underpants in your bedroom after Night 2
49 - In the fifth grade classroom during the school showdown mission *MISSABLE
50-51 - Fighting in the halls during the school showdown
52-53 - Befriended during storyline
54 - Complete quest to destroy human banners in Kyle's backyard
55-58 - Part of Storyline after recruiting goth kids
59-62 - Talk to them in the community center after retrieving incriminating Taco bell evidence
63 - Complete Quest to drop monitor off in his storage unit
64 - Part of Storyline
65 - Talk to her in the post office (I think) after getting enough friends
66 - After kicking her rear end with Stan, go back in the room and talk to her
67 - Storyline
68-69 - Talk to them in Kenny's house after killing meth heads
70 - Talk to him in Kyle's backyard
71 - Complete Bum quest
72-76 - Complete Mr Hankey's quest in the sewers. Requires Day 2
77-78 - Buy a bunch of stuff from the coffee shop
79 - He is in the top level of a building or house, you need to teleport to an open second story window to reach him
80 - Roof of the police building, use the teleporter above the fire escape to reach him
81-82 - Storyline
83 - Complete his quest in the blue house on the bottom left of the town
84 - Complete his quest at the City Wok
85 - Storyline
86-91 - Find all the kindergarteners
92 - Bring his package from the post office to him at his house
93 - Storyline
94 - She is in between some buildings near around the bank, post office, rhinoplasty areas
95-96 - Complete the quest in the bar in the NW corner of town
97 - Wake him up outside the bar in the NW corner of town
98-99 - Talk to the priest, find Jesus in the church, talk the priest again, find Jesus in the church again
100 - Talk to her near the bus stop after getting enough friends
101 - Talk to him outside of Kyle's house
102 - Smash the snowman outside of Kyle's house
103 - Talk to him in Professor Chaos' storage unit
104 - Talk to him next to Tweek's coffee shop
105 - Talk to him in the movie theater
106 - Talk to your mom after making some friends
107 - Talk to her standing out on one of the residential streets
108 - He is in the attic of one of the houses, Clyde's I think
109 - Free him from prison, the key is in the evidence room
110 - Save her from bullies outside of city hall
111 - Talk to her in the news room
112 - Talk to her on the bench near post office and shops
113 - Talk to him on the street near post office and stuff
114-115 - In Butters' house
116 - Outside near Butters' house
117 - Cartman's house
118 - Bring him a flower in Cartman's yard after arriving for the first time
119-120 Storyline

Edit: Updated image link to add in the rest of the numbers to make it easier to read. Added a note to the ones I know are missable, but I am probably missing some.

Great post. Add this to the OP, someone.

Now do one for missable equipment. :v:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brainamp posted:

Also, a need a little help. How the hell do you get past the Turret in the abortion clinic? Pretty sure I'm missing something obvious.

AFAIK there's 2 ways to do that.

1. Shrink down and use the pipes to get in the area near the turret but not in its shooting range, then use Stan's buddy ability to destroy it. Then fart on its flaming remains.

2. Or you can Shrink down and use the pipes to get above the turret, then shoot a loose part of the ceiling to fall onto the turret and fart on its flaming remains

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Brainamp posted:

There is something on the ceiling you need to shoot that will drop down on it. There is also a grenade in a dead soldier's hand that you might need to shoot to advance further.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

11BulletCatcher posted:

I don't know what happened to, Nichole was it? There's a picture of her you can find. I'm assuming Cartman chased her off like he did the Arab kid.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else kinda disappointed that you didn't fight the woodland critters. Also expected to find some sweet max level gear and weapons. Pretty much stayed with the sweet katana with the 5 stack bleeding weapon patch. Same with the chakram only it had fire damage added and the +3 bleeding.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 8, 2014

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006

Jiro posted:

Anyone else kinda disappointed that

There are some directions in Stan's room that you should probably check out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harry Joe posted:

I fight all my friends!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Harry Joe posted:

That's what I meant when I saw the paper on the floor, which is also on the wall in the Stick's room as well, I knew exactly what it was for. Cause I was hoping the Lost Forest was holding back some sweet loot and they were holding it. So I went there looking for a rumble with Butters in tow since he's the only one that does Holy damage. But nope just friends. Was also hoping to friend the orphaned mountain lion cubs.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
Oh, I didn't know they were just friends, yeah that's kinda sad. There's a fair bit of stuff seen in some of the earlier footage that isn't in the game proper, gotta wonder how much of it will be in the game as dlc eventually, if any.

There are a good few places that felt like they had more planned out as well, gotta wonder just how much was left unfinished or got cut.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
13 hours on the dot. 30 Chinpokomon, 120 friends, all gear and weapons.

Probably the most fun I've had with a game in some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Harry Joe posted:

Oh, I didn't know they were just friends, yeah that's kinda sad. There's a fair bit of stuff seen in some of the earlier footage that isn't in the game proper, gotta wonder how much of it will be in the game as dlc eventually, if any.

There are a good few places that felt like they had more planned out as well, gotta wonder just how much was left unfinished or got cut.

Speaking of which, was Good Times with Weapons (ninja themed episode) ever part of the game? It really is disappointing seeing a bunch of stuff in the early trailers, especially notable battles or events, not in the game at all. I'd buy some DLC if it added a full day or 3-4 hours worth of content.

• Locked thread