Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nitrox posted:

I don't get it

CuNTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

Interferometric scattering microscopy (iSCAT): new frontiers in ultrafast and ultrasensitive optical microscopy
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2012/CP/c2cp41013c#!divAbstract

Those people have been told the name is not a good idea, but they wouldn't listen.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Think about it and come back when you've figured it out. See you next Tuesday?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
And here I thought the stupid thing was charging $40 to read a single journal article.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Jabor posted:

And here I thought the stupid thing was charging $40 to read a single journal article.

That's normal. It's hosed up.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Scientific journal publishers are kind of infamous for charging a lot for single article access, but then you're supposed to go through your institution, which almost certainly has a subscription (and if you're the target group, you're likely to work in an institution), or do an inter-library loan. You only pay through the nose when for some reason you don't have those options and you need the article right now.

Now document delivery services on the other hand...

e:

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

That's normal. It's hosed up.
or that, yes :v:

For what it's worth, for humour value you're mainly missing out on

quote:

CuNTs with controllable inner diameter and open ends have been fabricated
[...]
First, we study the structure and stability of the fully relaxed CuNTs

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

There was a paper that was popular to cite at my uni that not only discussed CuNTs but also BiNTs (Bismuth nanotubes) so it's probably a pretty solid way to get your citations/impact factor up.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Captain Trips posted:

I contend that you can't be fired for things you do on your day off.

I have been fired on my day off for not covering someones shift who called in.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

JEEVES420 posted:

I have been fired on my day off for not covering someones shift who called in.

America. :911: (I'm assuming)

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

I used to work for a judge in California. One day we received a long, insane letter from this woman (which she had apparently sent to all judges in California) explaining why there was actually no law against smoking weed.

Not that anti-weed laws were unconstitutional, mind you, but that there were NO WEED LAWS AT ALL.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Where are her arms? Is she holding them akimbo?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kinmik posted:

Where are her arms? Is she holding them akimbo

Looks like she's holding them on her hips in the tough no non-nonsense lawyer pose.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Yes, that's what “akimbo” means.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
She's holding the camera. The bathroom mirror was unavailable.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Edit: you know this is what I get for leaving tabs open for awhile.

Here have a possum.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Mar 7, 2014

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Fiend Computer posted:

Here have a possum.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fiend Computer posted:

Here have a possum.

I am ALMOST completely certain that isn't a possum.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its mostly jam and pastry.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

You don't know what a possum is then.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

theflyingorc posted:

The ONE instance where the U.S. leads on animals that want to kill you over Australlia.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
It's a giant isopod.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's either a dog or a common brushtail possum.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

You're probably thinking of the opossum, which is the much scarier looking American counterpart to most other possums.

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition
It's actually a bag of Ranch flavor Doritos brand corn chips.

Or so the saying goes, verbatim of course.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

HBomb posted:

I used to work for a judge in California. One day we received a long, insane letter from this woman (which she had apparently sent to all judges in California) explaining why there was actually no law against smoking weed.

Not that anti-weed laws were unconstitutional, mind you, but that there were NO WEED LAWS AT ALL.

I checked her website out, I think she's pretty cool. And attractive, to boot. Maybe what she meant was that there's no law on the books anywhere about physically combusting marijuana and inhaling the resulting smoke. Possession? Sure. Sale? Absolutely. But actually inhaling the smoke of the cannabis plant? I wouldn't be surprised if there was no law against that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A naughty word was used

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fiend Computer posted:

You're probably thinking of the opossum, which is the much scarier looking American counterpart to most other possums.

Ah, that would explain it.

Yes, American opposums are horrific murder rats, they look like something out of a D&D Monster Manual.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

theflyingorc posted:

Ah, that would explain it.

Yes, American opposums are horrific murder rats, they look like something out of a D&D Monster Manual.

They are terrifying. I've hit many of them at night on back roads and they always assume the "come at me bro" stance with that horrifying face and then your bumper slams into them, clotheslining/decapitating them. Nature, man!

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

I Might Be Adam posted:

They are terrifying. I've hit many of them at night on back roads and they always assume the "come at me bro" stance with that horrifying face and then your bumper slams into them, clotheslining/decapitating them. Nature, man!

You people are 100% wrong. Opposums rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNRNxFsHwI

Fun fact, opposums can't get rabies because their body temperature is too low for the virus to survive. They are actually really smart and affectionate as pets apparently :shrug:

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Edit: Wrong thread.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

theflyingorc posted:

Looks like a sugar glider to me.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Opossums actually help with pest control. They can be helpful, when they aren't waddling out in front of your car. The ones where I live are actually pretty cute. They look like pygmy versions of the ones in Kansas and have chubbier faces.

Little Blackfly posted:

You people are 100% wrong. Opposums rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNRNxFsHwI

Fun fact, opposums can't get rabies because their body temperature is too low for the virus to survive. They are actually really smart and affectionate as pets apparently :shrug:

Actually they can get rabies, it's just far less likely than any other animal that comes in contact with the virus due to their body temperature and ridiculously awesome immune system. I found that out when talking to an infectious disease doctor. They are also pretty much immune to almost all venomous snakes.

Opossums shouldn't be kept as pets because they have weird dietary needs that humans usually can't meet. There's a wildlife rehabilitator that posted in pet island several years ago during 'possum baby season.

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Mar 8, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Midniter posted:

I checked her website out, I think she's pretty cool. And attractive, to boot. Maybe what she meant was that there's no law on the books anywhere about physically combusting marijuana and inhaling the resulting smoke. Possession? Sure. Sale? Absolutely. But actually inhaling the smoke of the cannabis plant? I wouldn't be surprised if there was no law against that.

Considering THC in your lungs is considered "possession" I think you've nailed it there. No idea if it'd actually get you anywhere in court though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Listen. I worked at a really lovely mexican restaurant with a serious possum problem. I have seen full grown adult possums, and I have seen baby possums. My instagram is nothing but possums and busted pinatas, and let me tell you, that's a loving possum.

edit: or a busted pinata. it's hard to tell.

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Mar 8, 2014

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Dewgy posted:

Considering THC in your lungs is considered "possession" I think you've nailed it there. No idea if it'd actually get you anywhere in court though.

I was going to say everyone was wrong and that use itself was prohibited, but I've been looking over the California Code of Health and Safety and it looks like they have actually carefully carved out marijuana from the main provision covering illegal use of controlled substances (Health and Safety Section 11550 if anyone wants to look at the horror that is the California Codes for themselves).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ignite Memories posted:

Listen. I worked at a really lovely mexican restaurant with a serious possum problem. I have seen full grown adult possums, and I have seen baby possums. My instagram is nothing but possums and busted pinatas, and let me tell you, that's a loving possum.
Him name David Mitchell.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Say Nothing posted:

Him name David Mitchell.

Space Purranoids

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Say Nothing posted:

Him name David Mitchell.

Which cyriak video is that from?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Him name David Mitchell.

Those Space Invader ships look really weird in HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

Give them back you are a dog

• Locked thread