Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namol
Mar 21, 2007
Who we are?
We are Pinnacle Metal Products, https://www.pinnmetalstairs.com a small business who specializes in metal fabrication and stairs.

Where are we?
We're located in Columbus, Ohio!

The Position
A business intelligence / IT person. We currently outsource our prime IT things to an outside company but we're looking for an individual who can take a list of excel speadsheets/access databases/various databases and feed it into some type of system that will be a centralized spot for the data. Ideally the owners would like someone who has some what of an IT knowledge just to serve as a BS filter for what their outsourced company is telling them. I'm currently working for them on a part time basis as a Senior level IT person who is advising them on which route they want to go as far as upgrading the servers/network/MRP implementation type of things. Ideally they want to get this done and then keep the person around to make changes / help create and tweak things instead of having it as a project that's outsourced and then being stuck with a pile they can't change.

The Pay
This has not been discussed with me but I can find out a range if enough interest is shown.

Contact
my user name at locowonks.com. If you have any questions/concerns/want to know more, just shoot me an email!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Who we are?
An online tech company with massive growing electric bills

Where are we?
We're located in Cincinnati, Ohio!

The Position
A freelance/contract programmer with background in Linux bash and Windows powershell scripting, with some interest or ability to also script in VMware's vCLI/powercli. We are looking to automate much of our current lab activity, such as remotely powering on VMs, running scripts, copying files, and then powering down the VM or physical host. We are in the testing/validation business, so we have a lot of hardware always in play being used to stress devices in our environment, but with massive electric bills we want to integrate our performance scripting with macro lab activities.

The Pay
Pay is negotiable depending on experience.

Contact
dietcokefiend at gmail or PM.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
What I'm looking for: After nearly 7 years at my current gig, I've decided it is time for a new set of challenges. I have 13 years of work experience as a jack of all trades with a focus on Microsoft products, along with relevant certifications. I've also deployed and manage a few Citrix XenApp farms, vSphere clusters, and NetApp storage appliances. I'm looking for a full-time Network Administrator position but I'm also open to specialization in areas such as storage or virtualization.

What I'm NOT looking for: Printer/Desktop support, Tier-1 Help Desk

Where I live: Boston, MA

Where I'm looking: Raleigh/Durham, NC

When I can start: I have already secured living accommodations, so two weeks from receipt of a written offer letter.

Requirements: Health/dental, 401k.

Email: username AT gmail, or PM me.

:yotj:

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
What I'm looking for: After almost a year at my current gig, I feel like my skills are stagnating and that I'm not being used in anywhere near my full potential. I want to be thrown into the fire and thrive... and be paid well for it. I'm looking for a Jr. Sysadmin position or similar.

I'm well versed in AD, network troubleshooting, exchange 2010, Server 2012, o365, Citrix, and I have a touch of VMWare experience pursuant to my duties. Other flavors include Labtech and the standard package of Remote Support/Ticketing system experience.

What I'm NOT looking for: Printer/Desktop support, Tier-1 Help Desk

Where I live: Bergen County, NJ

Where I'm looking: Greater NYC Metro Area, excluding Conneticut. Northern NJ.

When I can start: Two weeks from Formal Offer

Requirements: Impress me, I'm flexible and willing to work with you.

Email: panzarinotech at gmail, or PM me.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Job Opening

Position: Web Developer
Compensation: Entry-Level (plus health and 401k)
Requirements: Bachelor's degree, prefer CS/CE/GameDev, but willing to consider others if the portfolio is good. Interview process will require an NDA and a portfolio submission.
Contact: PM me or respond here with your e-mail so I can contact you.

Company
An independent game development studio operating out of the Seattle, WA area with four full-time staff and a few part-time and contractual people.

Job Listing
[REDACTED], an independent game development studio operating out of the Seattle, WA area, is seeking motivated developers to fill our full-time Web Developer positions. Web developers at [REDACTED] create dynamic and engaging web-based interfaces for our products as well as compelling informational portals, internally and externally, for our corporation.

Candidates should be familiar with Ruby+Rails or similar web programming language, RESTful protocols, and working with databases. Familiarity with the using asset production tools such as Photoshop is a plus. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, adaptable, comfortable with delivering products on a deadline, and familiar with software development in a team setting using collaboration tools. As this is a small, agile company we can provide opportunities for self-driven individuals to work in multiple roles within the company.

A Bachelor’s degree is required, with Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Game Developer degrees strongly preferred. A portfolio of previously developed websites will be requested of all candidates.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
My experience: 10 years of working in academia writing code for and analyzing results of numerical simulations of atomic systems. BSc in Chemistry with a minor in Comp Sci, then graduate school in computational chemistry that I'm taking a leave from to evaluate my options. Mostly programming in Fortran(yes, really) and Python, some exposure to C and Objective-C. Working on Macs and Unix clusters, so knowledge of command line tools. Statistical analysis with R. Basic computer troubleshooting in the lab.
What I'm looking for: A job that involves programming and/or problem solving. Perhaps an entry level QA. Number crunching.
What I'm NOT looking for: Networking or security is not something I'm formally familiar with.
Where I live: Toronto, Ontario
Where I'm looking: I'm open to pretty much anything
When I can start: Immediately
Can be reached via: forum's name @gmail.com

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
My Experience: retail and small shop desktop support. Family stuff, etc. Lots of knowledge, but not with heavy server stuff.

What I'm looking for: Entry level IT, be it help desk or whatever. Looking to escape California and need a solid landing zone with room to grow.

What I'm NOT looking for: temp work, part time

Where I live: California

Where I'm looking: DFW, preferably Dallas side

When I can start: 2 weeks from offer; just enough time to give notice while making arrangements and to make the move

Requirements: full time, some benefits

Email: stuart AT username dot com or PM

e: got a job. Looking for a new one, though.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 6, 2016

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Job Opening

Position: SQL Server DBA
Compensation: Market for a DBA (we know good ones are hard to find), benefits, etc
Requirements: 5+ years production DBA experience, I'd prefer more OLTP experience, we've been getting a ton more BI guys applying

Company:

SaaS (software as a service) company in Downtown Chicago. We've been in business for 10+ years, still privately held and have had steady growth.

Job Listing:

Ideally we're looking for a Senior SQL Server DBA with 5-10 years experience (more on the OLTP side of the house vs BI) who isn't a big goddamn weirdo.

Having gone through this search a number of times, it's amazingly hard to find. We would also consider someone more on the junior side if they're able to communicate and interact as a normal human being.

Please PM me if you're looking or know anyone who is!

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 11, 2014

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Job Opening

Who are we?
We are InterWorx, http://www.interworx.com/ , a web-hosting control panel developer.

Where are we?
Greenfield, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

The Position
Support technician. No phone, email tickets only. I'd say "Tier 2", but that's mostly because we support the people who support the people who buy hosting.

The Pay
Negotiable, dependent upon experience.

Apply Here
http://interworx.theresumator.com/apply/jobs/details/TYyPuf

I seriously need some help here, SH/SC. You've got to be in or near Pittsburgh itself - If you apply, be sure to PM me or drop me a line on AIM, 'SAExitStrategy'.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
My experience: 2 years of Desktop support/JR sys admin experience at a retail energy company (700 employees total) with a call center and corporate office. I came in as an entry level intern tasked with taking apart old machines but now have knowledge about VMware, AD administration, Great Plains administration (MS accounting software), Basic networking principles, Proxies, Migrating domains (both users/OUs and exchange mailboxes), inventory asset management, printers and company phone system administration. I am responsible for setting up and administration work on pretty much anything that draws power and is connected to our network that isnt a server as the senior level guys take care of all that. Our title is Helpdesk Analyst but comparing what I do with other job titles I feel like its more of a Jr sys admin position.

What I'm looking for: A company where I can move up and is not completely hosed hierarchy wise. This place is spiraling down and is closer to the hole then the top. My manager who was teaching me things and fighting for a full sys admin spot for me jumped ship before they could lay him off in "restructuring."

What I'm not looking for: part time or temp work, I would like a full time position. No over the phone support as a primary responsibility. I have to provide OTP support to VPN users here every once and a while but 99% of my job is desk side.

Where I live: Dallas, Texas

Where I am looking: Dallas and Austin TX, Denver Colorado, a city in California (SD, LA, SF) or something in the Seattle area.

When I can start: Two weeks from offer if in state, a little longer if out of state for housing/moving purposes. Gotta be able to leave on good terms, dont want to burn bridges unless its some crazy super offer.

Requirements: Full time, health benefits and opportunity to grow. I'm willing to take a pay cut for a better title or the chance to move up, but hopefully not too deep a cut.

Email: sam.young39 at gmail

FlyingCowOfDoom fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 17, 2014

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 14, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Chris Gaines posted:

What I'm looking for: A full-time position in iOS Development, entry level or above.

Sent you a PM with a possible option.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Who are we?
NY Metro area ISP

Where are we?
Long Island, NY

The Position
Wireless Network Administrator & Sr. Wireless Engineer

The Pay
I'm not really sure, I would image it is around 60k for the first position and somewhere between 110 - 180k for the other one with full benefits, and 401k match

PM me if interested

-------

If you follow the Working in IT 2.0 thread you know my job and the company I work for is pretty baller and an awesome experience career-wise. Most full time employees are lifers and we have an awesome department with an awesome boss. You'd be working with all the latest and greatest technology in R&S networking and Wireless Networking.

Miss Michi
Jul 10, 2008
My Experience
I'm still an undergraduate working on a cognitive science B.S. with focus in linguistics, minor in Mandarin Chinese language studies. Some python and java programming, learning a bit of SQL in my spare time. Taught myself HTML/CSS stuff when I was in elementary school for fun... Not a ton of official techy work experience as of yet but I'm working on it and have a few side projects I like to work on for fun... See my linkedin url to find out more about my work experience and other stuff.

What I'm looking for
Shadowing/summer internship, fairly open minded--preferably paid in the Silicon Valley area: research, NLP, Python development, usability... OR anything involving EEG brain scanning or semantic networks or machine learning or anything involving foreign languages. I've been messing with a neurosky commercial eeg and it'd be sick to find a way to do that for a living.

Where I live
Santa Cruz, CA / San Ramon, CA

Where I'm looking
Santa Cruz, San Jose, East Bay, or really anywhere in the Bay area.

Requirements
Depends on position but honestly for most things I'm just interested in getting my foot into the door of someplace interesting + pocket money

When I can start
Summer 2014, or I can start anytime for part time during the academic year

How I can be reached
email at mdick at ucsc dot edu or...here: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michelle-dick/a/524/56b

Miss Michi fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 21, 2014

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
Who we are?
A Fortune 100 IT Distributor

Where are we?
Santa Ana, CA

The Position
Sr. Linux / Unix System Admin
We mainly use Cisco UCS, VMWare, and EMC for storage as our main technologies.

The Pay
I do not know the specifics, but they have been looking for quite a long time. You would be able to negotiate quite well if you have the skills and experience,
Contact
Email me at bwk900 at gmail for the link to the job ad and any questions. I would forward your resume to the manager.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
if i looking for job
him name software code job

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
So I've posted in this thread before, found a position from a nice goon, but it wound up not panning out. Rest in Peace. Well, I'm now in the market for a co-op / paid internship over the Summer/Autumn. Or just one of those if you don't want to deal with an intern for 6 months.

exp
I'm a BS/MS student of Software Engineering at RIT, Rochester, NY. I have a ton of experience in the BIG 3 languages that everybody seems to use: Java, Python, C. Actually ordered by proficiency, here. I've done two internships already where I worked on a Python web application using Twisted, and a pure-HTML/JavaScript app (AngularJS and jQuery). I've also done Ruby and C#. A little bit.

looking
So I'm looking for a development/testing position that is preferably NOT web-based. Not to hate on web developers but I can't deal right now [i'm also building a personal site and i think that's enough for me]. Also see the paragraph above experience.

living
I currently live in Rochester, NY.

where at
I'm looking for something in the Rochester area / Monroe County just so that I don't have to saddle my friend with 100% of his lease because I want him to be happy and cool. However, if the opportunity presents itself, I'll go literally anywhere if it's a double-block.

reqs
Out-of-State: 6~ months so I can get a standard lease
In-State: if you're around Albany or Rochester I can do 3-6 months, whatever.
This is all that I have. I mean, other than being paid. If we get far enough we can discuss wages I don't think it's polite to just shout right out the gate without even knowing if anyone is interested.

contact
brobot at mail period rit period edu ;) I will then refer you to my actual student email unless you don't care
I haven't updated my LinkedIn since last year so if you want a link please tell me.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Who we are?
Advertising company doing some pretty nifty poo poo. PM me for more details, don't really feel comfortable posting company information here.

Where are we?
New York City, NY

The Positions
Mid and Senior level Java. Mostly infrastructure and data related stuff.

The Pay
I'm a Junior but I get paid well. They know the value of good developers.

Contact
PM me any questions, your resume, etc. We'll chat.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Who we are?
Small IT Firm, IBM Partner, Managed Services - Desktop Support, Networking, SANs, Virtualization, AS/400s.

Where are we?
Upper-Midwest, this position would be based out of Sioux Falls, Omaha or Kansas City.

The Positions
Storage Engineer. Specialization or experience in IBM XIV, V7000, etc

The Pay
Lucrative

Contact
Private Message

Chosen
Jul 11, 2002
Vibrates when provoked.
(removed)

Chosen fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 15, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
snip

Garfu fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 19, 2014

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
e: removing the post, we have our guy!

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 10, 2014

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cavepimp posted:

This is now (finally) officially open and needs to be filled as quickly as possible if anyone is interested.

Shooting you an email. Username is in the domain.

TheGreenBandit
Dec 22, 2006

President of the United States of Boogers
My Coworker went and YOTJ'd so we have an opening!

Who we are: A small-medium sized city.

Where we are: San Luis Obispo, CA

The Position: The job title is Network Administrator, but it's really a Sysadmin/Netadmin/Project Manager type position. There are three of us and we manage just about all the technology in the city with the help of contractors.

Who we're looking for: We need someone organized who understand our system, fix issues as they come up, and can manage contractor lead projects. If you're smart, have a decent understanding of systems/network administration, and can learn, you're probably qualified. If you can do that and IT analyst work, you've probably got it nailed. You do have to pass a CJIS background check and have a valid drivers license.

The Pay: $30.36 - $37.29 Hourly, $63,154.00 - $77,558.00 Annually (excluding OT and standby) + benefits and retirement.

Contact: PM me any questions, but since it's a formal recruitment I can't do anything but answer questions/give advice.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Who are we

Blackbaud, Inc. We do software for non-profits, to help them manage their donors and finances and websites and all sorts of fun stuff. 3000 employee company (or so) with offices all around the world.

Where are we

All around the world, but with offices in Glasgow, London, Cambridge, Charleston (HQ is in Charleston), San Francisco, Austin.

The Position

Software Quality Engineer. This is a role that supports testing efforts by providing tooling and knowledge to our development team. As a Software Quality Engineer your job will revolve around supporting our automation efforts (both managing lab software/automation and providing training to Software Quality Analysts to write automated tests).

The Pay

Commensurate with experience, but we are looking for both new developers and seasoned Engineers.

The Technology

MS SQL server, .NET/Javascript for presentation. A variety of different languages and tools for the various different methods of automation we use.

The More Words

We're rapidly expanding our automation efforts and really need people who are willing to come up with new ideas and run with them. So there's opportunities to take the lead on a number of projects and learn how to get ideas implemented in the context of legacy products and a larger company. A very different experience from a start-up!

The Contact

Feel free to contact me via PM or email (let's call this a test, you'll have to find my email address without me giving it to you) with questions, but there are multiple formal recruiting roles open so I won't be able to give you much of a leg up in that process.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
Reposting...

sanchez fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 3, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Removed

air- fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 9, 2014

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Who are we?
We are a nation wide Higher Education provider

Where are we?
Near Pheniox AZ/Tempe

What are we looking for?
Level 2 Helpdesk, Helpdesk, and potential Helpdesk manager. This is probably best suited for someone new into IT, a college grad, or someone looking for a new job that needs some more experience in Server work.

What are we not looking for?
People who lack self confidence or bad at time management, have issues talking on the phone or meeting in person with staff.

How do I apply?
PM or email me at corvettefish3r at gmail

Anything else?
Full time, health/dental/vision plans, 10 official holidays and 2 weeks vacation. 401k if FT I believe.

This isn't your typical helpdesk/call center job, and SLA's/Staff are very reasonable. There is phone support but our team is fairly sharp, tools work well, and we aren't afraid of change.

There is an ample amount of server administration with this position and is probably best suited for someone wanting to get into systems administration.

If you have any questions pm/email

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Who are we?
Pamlab, recently bought out by Nestle under the Nestle Health Science division. We sell medical foods currently as our products have changed over the years.

Where are we?
Corporate - Covington/Mandeville, LA (MAP) but also have a few other open spots in GA and IL.

What are we looking for?
I am specifically posting on behalf of our HR dept. for two Helpdesk Engineer (re: basic helpdesk) positions - 1 new seat and 1 to re-fill. Posting is here

There are also a few other positions in GA and IL, but I do not know much about these: here

For the Helpdesk position: They're getting desperate to fill these quickly, so the requirements on the job summary are pretty relaxed right now, as we've been getting horrible interviewees recently. One of the HR ladies asked if a morning interview was fine, and the dude said he is not usually up at that time. That ended the pre-interview right there in their mind - don't do this kids my generation (I am 25) :eng99:.

A degree is not required and neither are certs, but they'll help. If you can touch on half of the requirements, then you'll have a good chance. They're willing to train the rest as needed.

What are we not looking for?
English as a first language is preferable, but they did mention going through a recruiting agency since they're getting desperate. Be punctual and have some inkling on how to fix computers and you'll be fine.

How do I apply?
Click the links above, but I would like the referral if you do apply!

PM for any questions, or reply here if you don't have them and I'll send you my e-mail.

Anything else?
There is a bonus plan, 401k after 90 days, Dental, Vision, Health all after 30 days.

To be 100% honest, the manager of the IT department is a horrible person to work under. I haven't personally been under him, but hearing about him from a lot of various departments doesn't paint a pretty picture. This company still has the "old boys club" mentality as they've only been recently bought by Nestle, and they've yet to come clean up the managerial mess across multiple departments.

Feel free to ask any additional questions here or via PM.

kloa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 1, 2014

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Who we are?
Advertising company doing some pretty nifty poo poo. PM me for more details, don't really feel comfortable posting company information here.

Where are we?
New York City, NY

The Positions
Mid and Senior level Java. Mostly infrastructure and data related stuff.

The Pay
I'm a Junior but I get paid well. They know the value of good developers.

Contact
PM me any questions, your resume, etc. We'll chat.

We're now also looking for a JavaScript developer with a year or so of experience working with one of the popular frameworks (Angular, Backbone, Ember: some understanding of these). We're going to be slowly transitioning our in-house app to a new team and infrastructure, so we're looking for someone to join that.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

If anyone in Vegas is looking for someone to do help desk work, or any other entry level job I'll be interested.

I'm currently doing a seasonal gig for the summer, setting up pc's, access points, laying and terminating cat5, troubleshooting, etc.

Just looking for something for when this seasonal job ends. Trying to stay busy while I'm still in school.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

Spazz fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 5, 2018

fantastic in plastic
Jun 15, 2007

The Socialist Workers Party's newspaper proved to be a tough sell to downtown businessmen.
My Experience
Most recently, I've been interning at a webdev consultancy polishing my Rails and Ember.js skills. I graduated from a four month web development bootcamp where I learned the basics of vanilla Javascript, postgres, Ruby/Rails, and Ember.js. Outside of my novice background in making computers do things, I have a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy with a minor in Mathematics and some work experience in the real estate sector and the education sector.

What I'm looking for
I'm looking for a junior engineering position.

Where I live
Portland, OR

Where I'm looking
You name it, as long as "it" is a large city, preferably with a cool/mild climate. I'm even willing to relocate overseas for an interesting opportunity.

Requirements
I have to be using computers to make something interesting. My employer has to be paying me in legal tender and be willing to help out with relocating me if necessary. We can negotiate anything beyond that if we like each other.

When I can start
Mid-June, 2014.

How I can be reached
sa.taojones at gmail or by PM.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Posting because I had to give my two-weeks notice. :(

My Experience
5 years of software analysis experience, managing 24x7 revenue critical projects for major shipping companies, in addition to performing primary software configuration roles for a fortune 500 Benefits delivery corporation.

What I'm looking for
Analyst work, software, business, statistical analytics and the like.

Where I live
Orlando, FL.

Where I'm looking
Open.

Requirements
I'm not qualified to do helpdesk/support is my only real caveat.

When I can start
ASAP.

How I can be reached
PM, mattmartin.it AT gmail DOT com

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Added myself to the Spreadsheet

My Experience

6 years of experience doing jack-of-all-trades Ops and IT work. 2 years in a Leadership role. Special focus has been on SaaS application support, Application Development, Web Development, Linux Administration, and training. I'm well versed in Perl, JVM languages, frontend languages (Javascript, CSS, HTML and various offshoots), and .NET. I've also had some experience with Python, Ruby, and I am a quick study.

I'm an RHCE on RHEL6, with an RHCT/RHCSA for RHEL5.

What I'm looking for

Web Development (front or backend), App development (Java or .NET) or Senior Linux Administration

Where I live

Atlanta, GA

Where I'm looking

Atlanta, GA

Requirements

Full time work, regular 8-5. Flexible on salary/benefits. No internal systems, help desk, etc. I want to work on Production Linux systems or develop applications.

When I can start

2 week notice period

Reach me at

PM, colin@draecas.com

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Job Opening

Position: Multiple positions for: Virtual Reality / Computer Vision / 3D environment programmers
Compensation: Commensurate with experience (plus full benefits and SEP-IRA)
Requirements: Bachelor's degree, prefer CS/CompE/EE/GameDev, but willing to consider others if the portfolio is good.

Company
A small private software development and design firm.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Job Seeker

Education: BA in Marketing

Experience: A wide net. Day job has been in repair-based technical services management for a major retail company for years. I've also done work in the field of enthusiast journalism in both print and online outlets, as well as maintained a community-based affiliate marketing campaign for four years.

Currently working on: Getting back into the hang of learning again, taking some certifications, looking for other opportunities.

Looking for: Something in marketing, PR, or communications.

Availability: Whenever, wherever.

Contact info: PM, checking the thread.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Who are we?
Xantrion

Where are we?
Oakland, CA
What are we looking for?

Help Desk

How do I apply?
Upload a resume on the xantrion.com website.
Anything else?
It is really a great place to work. The company was founded by engineers, and that mindset applies to many things. We have a lot of great clients and the best tools to take care of them. Everyone has a lot of autonomy, and there is always someone to bounce an idea off when you get stuck.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

lampey posted:

Who are we?
Xantrion

Where are we?
Oakland, CA
What are we looking for?

Help Desk

How do I apply?
Upload a resume on the xantrion.com website.
Anything else?
It is really a great place to work. The company was founded by engineers, and that mindset applies to many things. We have a lot of great clients and the best tools to take care of them. Everyone has a lot of autonomy, and there is always someone to bounce an idea off when you get stuck.

Any idea on salary range? Does the 17 day PTO include holidays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Who are we?
A software company that specializes in storage virtualization.

Where are we?
The job is based in Tokyo, Japan, though the company is based out of America. Travel will not be required as an everyday part of your role. You would be expected to already be residing and settled in Japan.

What are we looking for?
Customer Support Engineer, able to provide support in both English and Japanese (though any other languages in addition would be a big plus) to a worldwide customer base on anything from very simple "how do I..?" questions to severity one, site outage incidents. This includes remote sessions where required, as well as root cause, log analysis, etc.
Key skills are Windows Server, storage and SAN, but ESX is highly desirable. Any additional skills such as Linux, AIX, etc are valuable but not essential.

How do I apply?
Ideally e-mail me at shmeeeeeeeee@gmail.com but I do have PM and you can get me that way. I'll then let you know in more detail about the role.

Anything else?
The good: Fairly sensible office hours for Japan, 8am-4:30pm for 6 months of the year and then 9am-5:30pm for the other 6 (due to no DST in Japan). Would be required to work one weekend in 4 and some national holidays, but for this you receive compensation (money and time off). There is a bonus scheme which we would tell you more about later.
The bad: Two of your co-workers would be goons.