Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Man, gently caress working on a game like this. Years of constant crunch time, then double crunch before launch, then fixing everything that was branded Known Shippable, fixing servers etc.

Then you get laid off a month or so down the line because video games.

:smith:

Yeah my dad worked 9am-10pm six days a week for my entire childhood and was laid off like clockwork every two years. And his bosses and coworkers, usually half his age with no family, were constantly giving him poo poo for wanting to go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

So is the fps in Titanfall only "abysmal" in last titan standing? I had a lot of fun playing the beta and I'm not very good a shooters. LTS was the worst mode in the beta, so if the framerate is decent in the other modes then who cares.

Is there going to be a goon list or whatever for the 5 dudes posting in the thread that own a bone?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mcpringles posted:

So is the fps in Titanfall only "abysmal" in last titan standing? I had a lot of fun playing the beta and I'm not very good a shooters. LTS was the worst mode in the beta, so if the framerate is decent in the other modes then who cares.

Is there going to be a goon list or whatever for the 5 dudes posting in the thread that own a bone?

I think theres a list in the Titanfall thread for Bone players. The only mode with complaints was LTS so take that for what its worth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a 792p game with really weak graphics. 59fps is abysmal.

But yes, the framerate still takes some decent dips when you're stomping around in a titan.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Barudak posted:

I think theres a list in the Titanfall thread for Bone players. The only mode with complaints was LTS so take that for what its worth.

Specifically because there are usually 4 or so titans in one place, so you're probably going to see dips anytime that happens. Which is pretty likely considering everyone's Titan cool down occurs in a very similar timeframe.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

univbee posted:

The difference here is that Microsoft is selling a bundle with the game as a download voucher. If the console has no pre-install that's an awful lot of connections downloading 40 gigs. On amazon.ca the bundle is outselling the standalone game.

So did xbox live crash and burn? It took me 30 minutes to download when I woke up around 5am today. You can quote this post in the other thread too ;)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

So did xbox live crash and burn? It took me 30 minutes to download when I woke up around 5am today. You can quote this post in the other thread too ;)

Office 365 is having all kinds of problems today due to the Azure server load and several people are unable to stream games or play Titanfall. Xbox Live itself at least seems to have survived, though, so I'll give you that.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Posted on Neogaf courtesy of RangerAce:

Giantbomb may be correct in their assertions.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
Oh poo poo! Better sell my xbox

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

VincesUndies posted:

Oh poo poo! Better sell my xbox

Why havent you already? You cant play Titanfall on the PS4 but you can play Killzone, which has 50% more pixels (or something) and is therefore 50% better.

Just kidding, that guy was just using his Inferior Console burn card

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

100%. 1080 is 100% more.

He's literally posting something that was discussed just last page. Granted that was like 24 hours ago now, but still.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So do you guy only want positive news related to the X1 or..?

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Why havent you already? You cant play Titanfall on the PS4 but you can play Killzone, which has 50% more pixels (or something) and is therefore 50% better.

Just kidding, that guy was just using his Inferior Console burn card

They called the THIRD Infamous game "SECOND Son" :smug: :laugh: :negative:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

VincesUndies posted:

That would technically be three though wouldn't it? Father, first son, second son.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sedisp posted:

That would technically be three though wouldn't it? Father, first son, second son.

Theres no first son game. There's Infamous, Infamous Two, Infamous 3: Second Son.

Its such a meaningless thing to discuss because unless Second Son is radically different than its predecessors its gonna be yet another middling 3rd person shooter masquerading as a very boring open world game. And it will be very pretty in its realistic style.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Aphrodite posted:

100%. 1080 is 100% more.

He's literally posting something that was discussed just last page.

It was a joke. It was a really really obvious joke. And you are still wrong.

And I dont even know what the last sentence is supposed to mean. Was anyone debating that at all?

edit - meh never mind

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 11, 2014

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

And I dont even know what the last sentence is supposed to mean. Was anyone debating that at all?

There were several people saying that it didn't dip into single digit fps and that goons were just spreading FUD.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sedisp posted:

Abysmal.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Looks like more FUD to me.

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

"I've never modelled a blue tit in my life."
:raise:
I am literally an alt account for 343 Industries employee
:siren: -A n i m 8- :siren:

I love them big blue holographic TITTAYS!

:pervert:

Sedisp posted:

The guy that posted that is called Eltorro, its from his live stream. He also had this to say "The servers are flawless. As I said, the tearing and fps issues are the same as in the beta, so there is nothing dramatically new about that. And that slowdown was definitely a bug." http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782160&page=15

Sounds more like the problem experienced with console versions of Battlefield 4, when levolution occured on some levels like Hainan the game would slow to a crawl. For BF4 it was a bug that was patched.

It's slightly different from the "too much going on on screen" dips.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Sedisp posted:

So do you guy only want positive news related to the X1 or..?

I don't care about this being a HUGBOX thread, but isn't there still a whole other thread just for making GBS threads on the Xbox?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Looks like it just went down.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

univbee posted:

That's ok. I'm still at work.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

VincesUndies posted:

Don't worry Office 365 is on Azure it'll be fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Don't worry Office 365 is on Azure it'll be fine.

Jokes on you, my account stopped authenticating two months ago but doesn't stop me from using the software. Wheeeeee.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

VincesUndies posted:

a problem is only a problem if I am directly affected

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

univbee posted:

I'm sure Forza 5 is the problem.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barudak posted:

Jokes on you, my account stopped authenticating two months ago but doesn't stop me from using the software. Wheeeeee.

You're supposed to reinstall when that happens.

Solutions. By Microsoft.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

VincesUndies posted:

:laffo:

I watched a couple of Yogscast PvZ Garden warfare videos and that game still looks pretty fun to me. Have they sprung the microtransactions yet?

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Maneki Neko posted:

I don't care about this being a HUGBOX thread, but isn't there still a whole other thread just for making GBS threads on the Xbox?

There is, but the bigger point is we shouldn't really need two threads just because people can't handle legitimate criticism. Although I guess we have two for Wii U as well so I'm full of poo poo.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So if I want to play X1 Titanfall with goons is there a list of names or friends of friends tag or what?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Barent posted:

There is, but the bigger point is we shouldn't really need two threads just because people can't handle legitimate criticism. Although I guess we have two for Wii U as well so I'm full of poo poo.

Difference is that people in the WiiU thread can admit their console's shortcomings.

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

boz posted:

Difference is that people in the WiiU thread can admit their console's shortcomings.

Well so far I'll admit that I just bought an xbone today and have yet to be able to use it at all... mainly because I still cannot sign into live and therefore cannot download Titanfall, which is the only game I own. Excellent first impression.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Don't you have a 360??

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

epitasis posted:

Don't you have a 360??

I do. I am a terrible person with impulse purchase problems.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Barent posted:

Go read the other thread. It's got about a half dozen people posting some epic LOLS over and over with nothing interesting or insightful.

People with Xbones know that they aren't perfect or anything, but there's nothing to be gained by saying something sucks over and over when a lot of people legitimately enjoy it.

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

I got the Xbone at launch and I've been enjoying it this whole time. All the megasperg's hating on Titanfall's pixel count or whatever can get boot-kicked off a building because the game is loving awesome.

Also if you are not retarded and have a trustworthy friend with another xbone you can play literally every game at half price (or less if you, like me, buy Microsoft cards). Titanfall for 27$ baby.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wow, "spergs". Real nice. Are you about to start railing against all them homos, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fallom posted:

Wow, "spergs". Real nice. Are you about to start railing against all them homos, too?

This is what I was talking about a few posts up.

• Locked thread