Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm ok with this if it's cheap

quote:

@FallonSmithCSN: Per source: Looks like Darren McFadden will sign/agree to Oakland's 1 year offer. #Raiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Ten minutes left y'all. Ready for some poo poo?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

yes

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI now
RT @clarencehilljr: The cowboys are releasing ware, per source

e: Ware's release confirmed by the usual sources

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 11, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
10 minutes and the regular season starts, boys. Browns/Jags fans, we made it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm fine with Edelman testing free agency. He hasn't made much of anything, and he's thoroughly replaceable. He's nowhere near the level Welker is outside of being also white. As long as the Pats walk out of this with equivalent to Talib and Edelman, then that's fine.

For what he'd probably cost, I'd probably rather have Emmanuel Sanders since I expect Decker will end up with a holy poo poo, he's getting what? kind of contract

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm gonna go run some errands and get lunch so I look forward to coming back to like 200 new posts in an hour.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

Hoping he comes to Houston cheap, doubting he will

Parmesan Basil posted:

I am in fact waiting for the Texans to do absolutely nothing except sign some third string OL whose former team didn't even want him and maybe bringing Jason David out of retirement

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ready to lose three starting OL? No thanks. :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

So last year he converted a bunch of base salary into a signing bonus to get the Cowboys under the cap and now that all gets added in this year.

Fun.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

The #Cowboys are set to release star pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware,

Good Bye Only decent player on Cowboys defense.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Apparently Whitner is almost certainly gone to the Browns and the Niners are targeting Antoine Bethea. That seems like a fairly lateral move. Should result in less personal fouls at least.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
The Iron Sheik
gently caress the Mike Florio follow the real NFL genius @incarceratedbob he break all the news back before the toupee wearing jabroni

If you ever needed more proof that the Shiek owns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

Congrats to whatever NFC East team wins the division playing the Cowboys in Week 17 this season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

So last year he converted a bunch of base salary into a signing bonus to get the Cowboys under the cap and now that all gets added in this year.

Fun.

Eh they still get $7.5m in cap relief, and they're still ridiculously over the cap aren't they?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

Repeating: #Bucs will push for #Bears QB Josh McCown, CB Charles Tillman and possibly KR Devin Hester.

:smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

The Iron Sheik
gently caress the Mike Florio follow the real NFL genius @incarceratedbob he break all the news back before the toupee wearing jabroni

Well, except for the time he said Nancy Benoit might have deserved what she got

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

The Iron Sheik

His twitter account isn't run by him, it's run by two losers.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
lol

quote:

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 38s
*beep*

Adam Shefter: this is adam

Ed Werder: and this is ed

togteher: and were not home right now hahaha

adam: shut up ed lol

ed: lol

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
These Steve Smith to the Ravens rumors excite me. Not as much as they would in 2005, but still!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Dexo posted:

Good Bye Only decent player on Cowboys defense.

Sean Lee when he's healthy? drat I'm super bummed that Ware is gone. He's been a favorite cowboy of mine for ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

From the real Mehta

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Austin Howard will hit the free agent market, per source. #nyj

Dumb.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Eh they still get $7.5m in cap relief, and they're still ridiculously over the cap aren't they?

Nah, they're under enough to sign rookies and assorted stopgaps now.

Yeah, they do get $7.5m in cap relief, but it would've been like $12m if they hadn't had to do that salary conversion last year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
DMC on a one year deal. Now we can let go of Jennings with no issues. :eng101:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.

that's like now

Happy New Year TFF :toot:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

squarerandom posted:

Sean Lee when he's healthy? drat I'm super bummed that Ware is gone. He's been a favorite cowboy of mine for ever.

Good thing he's never healthy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Now we see if Chip Kelly's strategy of "add players who beat you once" follows him to free agency

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Nah, they're under enough to sign rookies and assorted stopgaps now.

Yeah, they do get $7.5m in cap relief, but it would've been like $12m if they hadn't had to do that salary conversion last year.

Well they were still getting hosed by the cap penalty for not sticking to the collusion, correct? And now they're out from under that?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.

Was he bad or just making too much money. Cause the Bears could totally use a Safety or 3

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dexo posted:

Was he bad or just making too much money. Cause the Bears could totally use a Safety or 3

Both. He is a good guy, but good riddance DeCoud!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love the complex deals inked two minutes into FA, no tampering goes on ever guys. None.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^^^ "legal" tampering :v:

1 minute motherfuckers!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Volkerball posted:

DMC on a one year deal. Now we can let go of Jennings with no issues. :eng101:

Saving Hue Jackson from himself I suppose

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am stoked for the signing of Karlos Dansby because he reminds me of Clay Matthews Sr. in the middle if I had to make a comparison.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Well it's officially :f5: Time. No point in trying to get any more work done today.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

The Iron Sheik

That's not actually Sheik.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I love the complex deals inked two minutes into FA, no tampering goes on ever guys. None.

Tampering was legal this year IIRC

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ :argh:

BlindSite posted:

Well we do have legal tampering now :shobon:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Do we have an IRC channel set up?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FREE AGENT FRENZY IS A GOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel