Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Watch the Pats get Revis, and then the Jets end up with only Eric Decker in an offseason where we had over twice as much cap space and half the talent to re-sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Obviously the numbers are important, but signing Golden Tate does give the Lions a bit more flexibility with their first round pick. It will be nice to have a second guy in the Offense who the Defense might have to cover.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can't wait for the first time someone catches a pass with Pats Revis on them and all the loving Chicken Littles on this board go crazy about an immediate decline.

Lets not put Revis on the cheats till it's official.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Does anyone have that picture of the Browns jersey with like 20 QB names crossed out on it? Dude needs to add Weeden to the list.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
We're 10-2 with Josh as our quarterback...

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Blitz7x posted:

Goddamn dude

Oof :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm going to be so god damned happy if the Patriots somehow end up with Revis.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

bring Smith to the Seahawks and have the 2 biggest trash talkers in the league on the same team.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Blitz7x posted:

Goddamn dude

:allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

Does anyone have that picture of the Browns jersey with like 20 QB names crossed out on it? Dude needs to add Weeden to the list.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots just cleared $3.5m in space by cutting DT Isaac Sopoaga. Mostly notable as being worse then the UDFA's they were stuck playing once Wilfork and Kelly went on IR.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blitz7x posted:

Goddamn dude

I mean honestly if you had a free agents best interests in heart wouldn't you tell them to stay away from Oakland.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh my god no no revis to pats please

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Patriots need to sign Steve Smith just for the Broncos game.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Also in typical Lions fashion they have not in fact signed Golden Tate.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Ravens announce a 4yr deal to retain WR Jacoby Jones - a difference maker in the return game

e: confirmed by better sources

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Texans please sign some random dude for the minimum so I can pretend you're doing something

Thanks in advance

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Vertical Lime posted:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Ravens announce a 4yr deal to retain WR Jacoby Jones - a difference maker in the return game

e: confirmed by better sources

That'll suck when they get rid of kicks completely.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Scipiotik posted:

The detroitlions.com site announced it, and so has their Facebook. If this isn't true its totally a Lions-rear end thing to do. (Stealing that from Raider-rear end Reece)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dear Hoiwe,

Please sign Revis tia

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably better for the Lions not to give Golden Tate a five year deal

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Golden Tate to me just now: "Yes I am taking the deal (with the Lions). It is a 5-year deal for $31M and $13.25M guaranteed."

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Spending huge money on a big name is like the most un-Patriotsy thing to do, but it will still likely happen. Just seems strange with how Revis' last few contract/renegotiations have been.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
osinaAnderson
Golden Tate to me just now: "Yes I am taking the deal (with the Lions). It is a 5-year deal for $31M and $13.25M guaranteed."

drat not bad 5 years for 13 mil

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scipiotik posted:

@MikeGarafolo: Golden Tate deal with the Lions will be agreed to (I swear) in a few

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

e: and, boom.

@JosinaAnderson: Golden Tate to me just now: "Yes I am taking the deal (with the Lions). It is a 5-year deal for $31M and $13.25M guaranteed."

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Whirlwind Jones posted:

We're 10-2 with Josh as our quarterback...

Who is "we" and "Josh" in this scenario?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dragongem posted:

Texans please sign some random dude for the minimum so I can pretend you're doing something

Thanks in advance

Hey now, we cut/non-tendered some guys, that's.... something

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Comfortador posted:

The detroitlions.com site announced it, and so has their Facebook. If this isn't true its totally a Lions-rear end thing to do. (Stealing that from Raider-rear end Reece)

Yeah, they quoted their own reporter who then backtracked and Tate was quoted saying he hasn't signed. Very Lions.

But then they did manage to get him to sign, 31 mil 13.25 guaranteed it seems.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

beejay posted:

Who is "we" and "Josh" in this scenario?
Lovie is talking. We are the Bucs. Josh is Mccy.

It's just a reference to the old "Rex is our quarterback" presser back in the day.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Ozu posted:

@ttwentyman
Golden Tate just agreed to a 5-year deal with the #Lions.

I liked Tate but that's too much money (reported $31M) for him in Seattle. Baldwin or newly drafted WR will do great in the #2 role. On the other hand, Tate is probably one of the best options for Detroit as a #2 behind Megatron.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Is there a website that gives up to date salary cap figures? Interested in knowing what the Bucs have with their new FA signings and Revis being cut.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Hah Valente is having a stroke on 97.1 over Suh not restructuring his deal.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Lovie is talking. We are the Bucs. Josh is Mccy.

It's just a reference to the old "Rex is our quarterback" presser back in the day.

Hahaha That is like the most Lovie Smith thing ever.

Like Lovie 101, "We Get off the bus Running" or "Rex is our Quarterback"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Comfortador posted:

Hah Valente is having a stroke on 97.1

So it's a day ending in y?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Winkie01 posted:

osinaAnderson

drat not bad 5 years for 13 mil

This seems much more reasonable, good job Lions.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Comfortador posted:

Hah Valente is having a stroke on 97.1 over Suh not restructuring his deal.

I'm sure the Lions are partially to blame for negotiations, but yeah it's hurting the team pretty bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Andio posted:

Is there a website that gives up to date salary cap figures? Interested in knowing what the Bucs have with their new FA signings and Revis being cut.

Over The Cap and Spotrac are pretty good resources.

Also good luck to Golden. I'm going to miss that trolling bastard.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I hope Baltimore didn't overpay Jacoby Jones. Poaching Mack would be awesome, please gently caress off Indy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Golden Tate now gets to face the Packers twice a year by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Benne posted:

Over The Cap and Spotrac are pretty good resources.

Also good luck to Golden. I'm going to miss that trolling bastard.

I'll always remember when he punked Janoris Jenkins in both Rams games this year.

• Locked thread