Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrin
May 10, 2005

I like that we all quoted the same little bit in amazement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Zolak's currently losing his mind on twitter.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But seriously I hope other teams fans can appreciate just how warranted Pats hatred is.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

terrin posted:

I just don't agree with this

That and Revis only had that one ACL injury, whereas Talib seems to have a recurring problem with his hip.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

mcmagic posted:

Cheat fans are just the utter worst.

Cheat fans

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

He's trying to balance out StarcraftM

mcmagic posted:

You've been doing this all thread, it's really clever and fresh

terrin
May 10, 2005

CHEAT FANS

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

wandler20 posted:

Revis is going to spend the rest of his career signing one year deals with the highest bidder.

That poor bastard getting those one year, 12 million dollar deals

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I meant the Talib we saw during the Falcons game, the contract he got is insane, but it's not like they're paying it to a bad player.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

mcmagic posted:

I generally sympathize with Jets fans but c'mon dude

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

my tebow

https://twitter.com/scottzolak

How bout that Homestar Runner, that was some character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg3njH9MV4

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

That Which Squeaks posted:

I meant the Talib we saw during the Falcons game, the contract he got is insane, but it's not like they're paying it to a bad player.

So, Talib against one of the worst teams in the league

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You were not kidding.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Blitz7x posted:

I generally sympathize with Jets fans but c'mon dude

mcmagic doesn't count. It's just cruel.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Schwack posted:

Yeah, this. I mean, did they suddenly acquire a complete defense or what?

The Patriots have quietly fixed most of the non-shutdown corner problems of the "worst defense ever" era of three or so years ago, and a lot of their remaining problems as of last season were really cascade issues caused by an unwillingness to let anyone, even Talib for the six games before he blew his hip again, sit out on an island with no help. Now one of the league's greatest defensive minds ever gets to play real defense again without having to shadow help on both sides of the field on nearly every play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What 3rd level Seahawks are FA's next year? Just want to try to map out how the Jets will approach next offseason.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
My initial reaction was utter bliss that Jets fans are pissed but I didn't check out any Bucs games from last year. I remember tat they were using him improperly because Schiano sucked, playing him zone. How was he last year though?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Ozu posted:

But seriously I hope other teams fans can appreciate just how warranted Pats hatred is.

who needs to be a fan of another team to appreciate that

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ozu posted:

I hate them enough as it is, I can't even imagine having to play them twice a year every season

terrin
May 10, 2005

What you said was crazy let's not pretend it wasn't

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Fister posted:

That and Revis only had that one ACL injury, whereas Talib seems to have a recurring problem with his hip.

This isn't true. This is the Patriot's injury report shenanigans.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

smdh i was trying to keep that cheats rivals pun fresh for when the chiefs get good and mcmagic lets it out way too early

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

jeffersonlives posted:

The Patriots have quietly fixed most of the non-shutdown corner problems of the "worst defense ever" era of three or so years ago, and a lot of their remaining problems as of last season were really cascade issues caused by an unwillingness to let anyone, even Talib for the six games before he blew his hip again, sit out on an island with no help. Now one of the league's greatest defensive minds ever gets to play real defense again without having to shadow help on both sides of the field on nearly every play.

Plus last year the Pats defense got hosed by a lot of injuries and they still weren't that bad. As long as everyone is healthy this year *crosses fingers*...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ya'll are going to have your minds blown when miami wins the divisihahahahahaahahaha

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Vertical Lime posted:

How bout that Homestar Runner, that was some character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg3njH9MV4

drat straight

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

haha the sasflowchart feelings on Talib are amusing.

Revis is certainly an upgrade, but imho a healthy Wilfork is that defense's only chance of being above average.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ehud posted:

ya'll are going to have your minds blown when miami wins the divisihahahahahaahahaha

I wait for this every year, and every year it never happens

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
I half expect the revis news to be a fake by some SAS goon that ESPN picked up on

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

I wait for this every year, and every year it never happens

Hey it happened that one time.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
At least Eric Decker is on like hour 14 of his visit so he's probably getting signed, he should be really good for the other 14 games at least.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Serisothikos posted:

So, Talib against one of the worst teams in the league

I guess that's somewhat fair, but he still made some great plays. I certainly didn't meant to imply there wasn't space between them, but Talib played excellent at times, which is why I made my point about consistency and hopefully seeing that all season long instead of just for a handful of games.

Can't wait to see what Belichick does this year.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

what position would the cheat play in the nfl???

terrin
May 10, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

haha the sasflowchart feelings on Talib are amusing.

Revis is certainly an upgrade, but imho a healthy Wilfork is that defense's only chance of being above average.

I disagree. The middle coverage went to hell without Mayo. Wilfork's a great player but you can survive losing a nose

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

steelers head coach

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Ehud posted:

the way to do this is have Pollard play the Pats in Week 1

terrin
May 10, 2005

I guess that's somewhat fair, but he still made some great plays. I certainly didn't meant to imply there wasn't space between them,

So much space

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Goalline fullback, allowing the running back to step onto his flat head and propel themselves into the endzone!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It should be more upsetting to Jets fans that we're already 2 days into FA and the Roster is still a dumpster fire than Revis signing with a team that is already better than the Jets.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

terrin posted:

I disagree. The middle coverage went to hell without Mayo. Wilfork's a great player but you can survive losing a nose

And if Collins is for real... omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrin
May 10, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

Goalline fullback, allowing the running back to step onto his flat head and propel themselves into the endzone!

Awesome

• Locked thread