Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

I wonder if Sproles will take a WR roster spot.

I was thinking about how they'd get him on the field, and they could run WR screens with a play action in the backfield all day. Sproles is a monster for your screen game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

davecrazy posted:

How is Hakeem Nicks not a Panther yet?

I think they have to officially cut Steve Smith first for some reason? But man, until they do, they have a much, much worse WR core then the maligned Jets.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

euphronius posted:

I wonder if Sproles will take a WR roster spot.
Yeah, I actually came here to ask you smarter footballmans how exactly Sproles and Shady are going to work together.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, I actually came here to ask you smarter footballmans how exactly Sproles and Shady are going to work together.

I don't think anybody can be exactly sure until it happens and that is sorta the point. It's gonna be cool though

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

DupaDupa posted:

Here's a description of the Saffold debacle from his agent's perspective: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cd7c2e99b4.html

What a kick in the dick

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Buccaneers sign Bengals tackle Anthony Collins to a 5 year, $30m deal.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 13, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: This sounds a lot more angry than I meant it to sound. Maybe I'm still traumatized by the Revis thing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Run Sproles one way, run McCoy the other way, throw to the open guy.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

imgur is blocked at work for some reason. What's the GIF?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Bucs grabbed Anthony Collins from Cincy.

Edit: Hey Raiders, we have this Donald Penn you can have.

Is it official? Thank God if so, I was worried he'd choose someone else.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Professor Funk posted:

imgur is blocked at work for some reason. What's the GIF?

It's flashing colored lights over a picture of Belichick in complete :geno: mode with the word "Party!!" flashing over and over

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

euphronius posted:

Run Sproles one way, run McCoy the other way, throw to the open guy.
Yeah, but does anyone ever line up two RBs? I thought that was just Not Done.

Admittedly my first guess as to how this is gonna work was I'M CHIP KELLY MOTHERFUCEKRS, BWAHAHAHAHAHA *lines up everybody* so I guess I wasn't far off.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@RapSheet
On OT Anthony Collins deal with the #Bucs: It’s a five-year deal for $30M, per source

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

A Pale Horse posted:

Is it official? Thank God if so, I was worried he'd choose someone else.

It is official. Now let's trade Penn for a 4th ;)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Yay! :unsmith: Now fire Donald Penn into low earth orbit.

edit: Your idea is better Andio, but I doubt anyone wants to pay that lump of poo poo 7 million dollars.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Andio posted:

It is official. Now let's trade Penn for a 4th ;)

We're looking at you, Oakland.

If the numbers are what I think they are this move also saves the Bucs around $1.5m in cap space.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I think the only way I will be ok with the last 48 hours is if it ends with the Raiders signing Woodley, Tuck, Browner, and even false start machine Michael Oher for very cheap contracts. Otherwise I am just going to look forward to the draft and then probably renounce football and hike the Appalachian trail with Blitz.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

@vxmcclure23 reported earlier, Charles Tillman to #Bucs appears on shaky ground. Tillman believed to have left. Unsure if offer made.

:unsmith: Come Back Tillman we still love you.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Edit*Wait, that's not official yet. But they did just sign Vaughn Martin though.

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 13, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I think the only way I will be ok with the last 48 hours is if it ends with the Raiders signing Woodley, Tuck, Browner, and even false start machine Michael Oher for very cheap contracts. Otherwise I am just going to look forward to the draft and then probably renounce football and hike the Appalachian trail with Blitz.

That would be an astoundingly good team 3 years ago

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Love the Sproles trade. Good compliment to McCoy and I'm sure Chip will line him up all over and get him involved in a lot of screens and get him the ball in space and it should be fun to watch.

Wonder what we gave Nolan Carroll though. Don't know a ton about him but gently caress it as long as he's better than Cary Williams

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Doltos posted:

If you look at the Raiders roster right now you will see that all of those players, in decline, would be massive improvements.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Doltos posted:

They would be superstars on the Raiders

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Revis' business manager made the Pats deal official, for those hoping for a snafu last night

https://twitter.com/JohnGeiger_/status/444108275311992832

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

Revis' business manager made the Pats deal official, for those hoping for a snafu last night

https://twitter.com/JohnGeiger_/status/444108275311992832

I can't wait. If Revis manages to stay healthy, he'd easily be the best corner we've had since Ty Law wore a Patriots uniform.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
So do you guys think Reggie McKenzie gets fired before or after the draft?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So is there any scenario where the Raiders don't sign Incognito now?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

If you look at the Raiders roster right now you will see that all of those players, in decline, would be massive improvements.

Blitz7x posted:

They would be superstars on the Raiders

Oh, I know :greenangel:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Toymachine posted:

So do you guys think Reggie McKenzie gets fired before or after the draft?

Who would even be willing to replace him?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I wonder why the Pats aren't going after Hakeem Nicks, since the Pats run an offense that relies heavily on wr option routes and quite a few receivers that the pats have picked up haven't been able to pick it up (cough ochocinco cough), the Giants have a similar offense, IIRC.

Edit: Also wondering why the Pats aren't going after Emmanuel Sanders when they were pushing heavily for him last season. Did he drop off this past season?

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 13, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@FieldGulls
Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with the Seahawks sbn.to/1fVAsOD

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ozu posted:

@RapSheet
On OT Anthony Collins deal with the #Bucs: It’s a five-year deal for $30M, per source

Huh thats a pretty reasonable deal. I'm sort of surprised that he didn't wait a day to see if the Raiders would panic and throw money at him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Christ the panthers are bringing in roman Harper.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Bengals matched that offer but he chose the Bucs.

God, I hate the Bengals.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Gil Arcia ‏@GilArciaTBC 2m

WR Steve Smith asked to be traded instead of released. One of the teams he asked to be traded to. The #Bucs.

Lol, come on down Steve. I've hated you for a long time, but I can put that aside if you want the chance to punch some Panthers in the mouth twice a year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@JasonLaCanfora: Nolan Carroll's 2yr deal with the Eagles is worth $5.25M, but has a max of over $7M with attainable playing time bonuses and incentives

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Blitz7x posted:

Who would even be willing to replace him?

Me, you, Christ and Volk would have that franchise in the playoffs in 2015.

They gotta sign Mack now and move Wiz to guard or something. I cringe at the thought of drafting a LT with Clowney or Bridgewater still on the board.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Atticus Finch posted:

The Bengals matched that offer but he chose the Bucs.

God, I hate the Bengals.

He is the obvious starting tackle in TB. I don't know where he plays in Cincy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

He is the obvious starting tackle in TB. I don't know where he plays in Cincy.
He'd probably start at tackle and move Whitworth in. I know Whitworth prefers to play tackle but he played great inside. Now depth on the O-Line is an issue. They'll probably go OT/CB or vice versa in the first two rounds of the draft now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
I'm completely okay with the Sproles trade. He ended up on a good team, and we essentially upgraded our lost 7th round pick. It's too bad he went within the conference, but it could be worse.

• Locked thread