Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Megaspel posted:

please put effort into youre spelling

pls gently caress urself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

NecroMonster posted:

pls gently caress urself

no, please gently caress youre-self

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 685 days!)

whoa guys talk about an unproductive derail

i went ahead and reported you both, pretty much had no choice.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

whoa guys talk about an unproductive derail

i went ahead and reported you both, pretty much had no choice.

hey man, we're were just joshing around, no need to elevate things.

how about rick and morty. it's is good

bogalx
Aug 20, 2005

by XyloJW
I like the part where they stutter their words, it's like in real life when people aren't completely sure what their going to say. It's those human elements that get me into shows like this and Family Guy.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Megaspel posted:

hey man, we're were just joshing around, no need to elevate things.

how about rick and morty. it's is good

nah

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

u wot mate

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
update its a good show read more on my blog

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
sounds like it's about stuff i already know witchtits

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
7 episodes in and the premise already feels tired

good sign

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

ur not even tryin

it was really bad and i got owned, sorry everyone

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ENSENDA CURES MAIL posted:

good sign

Yeah it does...

I kind of blame the supporting characters being so uninteresting here.

If they had flushed out them better at the start it may have had room to branch out.

Look at Bob's burgers for examples on how to do a family.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No reason to waste time on minor characters when they thought they would only last one season. Now that the order is in for season 2 we'll probably see more of what you're talking about

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Who cares about a premise when the writing's (mostly) great?

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i liked the new episode and thought it was good

better than the pilot yeah

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

the premise is not tired don't be absurd

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

i liked the new episode and thought it was good

better than the pilot yeah

the only problem with the new episode is they kept getting better and better, then this episode was just decent

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

DiggityDoink posted:

the only problem with the new episode is they kept getting better and better, then this episode was just decent

IDK i think the human body theme park one was probably the best so far.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
would you like to ride the bone train?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

dont even trip dawg.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

null posted:

I thought the episode with people mutating into bugs was really similar to the venture bros season 4 finale with the spanish fly. I don't know if that counts as a joke. But yeah I watched some more episodes of this show and yeah it's not that influenced by it I guess. You win.

I'm sorry for tricking you with my initial question.

The most recent season of Venture Brothers did not have any actual jokes in it.
This was the implication I was trying to make. :engleft:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

rcman50166 posted:

would you like to ride the bone train?

gently caress that, pirates of the pancreas is an underappreciated masterpiece

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
They didn't skimp on the pirates, they are really rapey.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The new episode is like twice as funny when you realize that Dan Harmon owned a realdoll and keeps dropping references to the fact in his shows; Senor Chang having a mannequin leg as a girlfriend in season 3 of Community was a network-safe version of that same reference.

He's such an incredibly sad and messed-up person that it's incredible he manages to actually creat anything

ENSENDA CURES MAIL posted:

good sign

at this point it's only a question of it pulls a Venture Brothers and eventually drops all pretenses of being a comedy and just becomes a slightly more ironic and self-referential version of the exact high-concept shows it's supposed to be parodying or if it pulls a Moral Orel and tries to cram silly one-note characters in a pathos-filled character study

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

at this point it's only a question of it pulls a Venture Brothers and eventually drops all pretenses of being a comedy and just becomes a slightly more ironic and self-referential version of the exact high-concept shows it's supposed to be parodying or if it pulls a Moral Orel and tries to cram silly one-note characters in a pathos-filled character study

considering the person who made morel orel is part of harmon's production company i would guess the latter if anything

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Dino and Harmon are both extremely hosed up people who make excellent shows

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

new episode is on instagram. It's awesome.

But kind of a pain to watch the whole thing in 15 second increments.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

rawdog pozfail posted:

Dino and Harmon are both extremely hosed up people who make excellent shows

i have a love hate relationship with harmon's podcast but can't stop listening to it

his dungeonmaster from the podcast was cast as annie's brother in the most recent community episode

edit:

Bo-Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 14, 2014

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

CelticPredator posted:

new episode is on instagram. It's awesome.

But kind of a pain to watch the whole thing in 15 second increments.

Worth it.

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die. Come watch TV.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

idk i went on youtube to find clips of this show and i saw a character say 'you're doing it wrong' and 'nailed it' within the space of thirty seconds so i closed the tab

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

you lose then.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sir John Feelgood posted:

idk i went on youtube to find clips of this show and i saw a character say 'you're doing it wrong' and 'nailed it' within the space of thirty seconds so i closed the tab

good. never watch the show again, no matter what

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

you moron

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

i'm mr meeseeks you have bad taste look at me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'won't give it a chance, don't like the style'
'don't like it because I saw a youtube clip and it had dialogue that is used in normal speech but also kind of references a meme'

loving goons will hate on anything

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-BU1HEzIO0

Rick's constant asides are a lot less funny when you know enough about Dan Harmon to realize that there's zero irony and he actually thinks he's owning sheeple and dropping logic bombs. He literally rants about his viewers being "Orwellian masses yearning to be pacified after a long day in the Habitrai", he's a big fat goony goon who thinks his sadbrains give him carte-blanche to be an abusive alcoholic

the dude got fired from his own show. twice.

Moridin920 posted:

'won't give it a chance, don't like the style'
'don't like it because I saw a youtube clip and it had dialogue that is used in normal speech but also kind of references a meme'

loving goons will hate on anything

mmmmyes, I pity the vapid proles who can't appreciate the fine humor of Zardoz references and jokes about how women love shopping -puffs vanilla-flavored water with an ironic Vanilla Ice name from a steampunk ecig-

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Rick's constant asides are a lot less funny when you know enough about Dan Harmon to realize that there's zero irony and he actually thinks he's owning sheeple and dropping logic bombs. He literally rants about his viewers being "Orwellian masses yearning to be pacified after a long day in the Habitrai", he's a big fat goony goon who thinks his sadbrains give him carte-blanche to be an abusive alcoholic

how is that not hilarious

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

...of SCIENCE! posted:

mmmmyes, I pity the vapid proles who can't appreciate the fine humor of Zardoz references and jokes about how women love shopping -puffs vanilla-flavored water with an ironic Vanilla Ice name from a steampunk ecig-

"Women love shopping is such a boring, misogynistic stereotype. Come up with something original."

*spends all day watching Sex in the City and Real Housewives*

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I finished watching the first season last night and I enjoyed it in a morbid and horrified way. A single episode could range from ridiculous to heartwarming and ridiculous at the drop of a hat. It's definitely an acquired taste that I have acquired a taste for, but I'll have trouble recommending this show to real life people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-BU1HEzIO0

pretty sure the yearning to be pacified is him specifically complaining about network television constraints, they only want sitcoms to be mushy nice things and there's no room to challenge the viewer

rick and morty is much closer to how dan is in real life though, you're right about that, but he's self aware about the fact that he's a piece of poo poo

• Locked thread