Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Yeah, putting DoTs and stuns on enemies before opening fights, then applying 5 stacks of bleed damage to everybody in the first turn really made the fights go by quickly. I had a great time doing it too, by the way. It was easy, but I thought it was the fun kind of easy because you still got to see all the debuff stacks and so fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
You see what I mean about going first now though? If you melee attack the enemy on the map you go first, if you just walk up to them and they attack you they go first. So you either murder half of them before they can even act or you start your first turn debuffed and with a dead companion. It is kind of fun breaking the game and just murdering everything super quick but when you get to that point the game needs to be wrapping up soon because it gets old fast. It worked out okay for this game since I was rolling into :canada: by the time it started to get old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm still not even halfway through the game (I think) but my favorite thing so far is definitely the "mini-puzzle" element by which you can win fights using environmental objects. I wish there were a lot more of that but it's understandable why there isn't.

After doing the Sewers I'm missing exactly ONE Homeless Camp. :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

precision posted:

I'm still not even halfway through the game (I think) but my favorite thing so far is definitely the "mini-puzzle" element by which you can win fights using environmental objects. I wish there were a lot more of that but it's understandable why there isn't.

After doing the Sewers I'm missing exactly ONE Homeless Camp. :argh:

I assume you're missing the one at the bus stop. Also the one inside the big truck by the storage place is kind of easy to miss

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
How graphics intense is it? In theory, it looks as though it could be played on any computer capable of playing movies. Not sure if that's a realistic assumption or not.

I swear to god, Steam lies whenever they put minimal and recommended system requirements.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Really enjoying the game. Nothing quite like starting the underpants section with other people in the room who are just casually watching TV, but can easily see what's happening on my monitor

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

cname posted:

How graphics intense is it? In theory, it looks as though it could be played on any computer capable of playing movies. Not sure if that's a realistic assumption or not.

I swear to god, Steam lies whenever they put minimal and recommended system requirements.

Earlier, they stated that the requirements put on the page are about double what is necessarily "needed."

Side note, my boss just made a comment that Trey and Matt were wanting 0 DLC for this, has there been a confirmation on this?

Edit VVVV : And I'm a dumb rear end that forgot about that.

Malek fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 13, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malek posted:

Earlier, they stated that the requirements put on the page are about double what is necessarily "needed."

Side note, my boss just made a comment that Trey and Matt were wanting 0 DLC for this, has there been a confirmation on this?

There's literally a Downloadable Content option on the main menu and there is buyer-specific DLC already.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Malek posted:

Edit VVVV : And I'm a dumb rear end that forgot about that.

DLC is different than Expansion Pack though. I think what Matt and Trey are probably against are all the piddly little nickel and dimeing horse armor bullshit DLC packs out there. If the game does well enough, I could see there being an x-pac or two.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

GreatGreen posted:

DLC is different than Expansion Pack though. I think what Matt and Trey are probably against are all the piddly little nickel and dimeing horse armor bullshit DLC packs out there. If the game does well enough, I could see there being an x-pac or two.

Someone in the thread said an L.A. Noire wannabe with the kids playing detective would be fun, though it's very close to plot of an episode.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

GreatGreen posted:

I could see it being another day or two in the life of the douchebag. That would be fab and I would totally put up cash for it.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I want a Call of Cthulu-themed one-off. Three dungeons or so, final battle with Cthulu, sanity meters and a handful of sidequests in a 1920's sepia-toned South Park.

Cartman turning into Yog-Sothoth would be a nice bonus.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There's really no need for a sequel; the game looks literally perfect. Just make more stories using it. I'd welcome DLC forever for this.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I want a Call of Cthulu-themed one-off. Three dungeons or so, final battle with Cthulu, sanity meters and a handful of sidequests in a 1920's sepia-toned South Park.

Not to derail too violently on this but I've always wondered (with so many spin offs lately of Cthulhu (spell check caught your error btw)) how the licensing for Lovecraft works?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Malek posted:

Not to derail too violently on this but I've always wondered (with so many spin offs lately of Cthulhu (spell check caught your error btw)) how the licensing for Lovecraft works?

I think you can write freely with any of his characters. Only specific franchises, like the CoC Tabletop games and the films, are things that have licenses. I'm not sure if there's seperate rights for video game adaptations, but considering how many old school adventure games just lifted Lovecraft poo poo willy-nilly, I cannot imagine it's a particularly difficult license to obtain.

Of course, having the South Park kids LARPing the CoC Tabletop game would be awesome, so it may be costly to do it that route.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want to play superheroes so we can get some Coon and Mysterion and Mintberry Crunch

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm hoping for some Craaaab people, Craaaaab people DLC.

Costs like DLC, plays like an expansion pack.

Craaaab people, craaaab people.

There is a bit of a hook for it in the sewer...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd like to see DLC that is more like a point and click adventure, a la the great LucasArts games. I felt the combat in this game was the worst part, by far. I'd even say it was bad.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Malek posted:

Public domain.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
How do you properly perform Death by a Thousand Cuts on a keyboard?

I know it's WASD in the direction the ninjas need to strike. Should I be looking at their eyes and hit that direction? Do I need to enter diagonal inputs? As in A and S at the same time?

derra
Dec 29, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I know it's WASD in the direction the ninjas need to strike. Should I be looking at their eyes and hit that direction? Do I need to enter diagonal inputs? As in A and S at the same time?

Diagonal for the first few.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

JackDarko posted:

a+s, s+d, a, d, s. First two are diagonal, then it goes side, side, down. And yeah, when it's diagonal you need to hit both buttons.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

derra posted:

Diagonal for the first few.

Man that loving sucks to do on a keyboard. I'm actually loving the combat as much as the humor. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread Paper Mario Thousand Year door is one of my all time favorite RPGs.

The game has actually been pretty difficult for me as well, got my first game over last night.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Do bows count as 2-handed weapons or is it just counting melee weapons?

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Malek posted:

This was mentioned in last year's San Diego Comic Con.

Trey Parker, at SDCC 2013 posted:

We started off handing over the script, and it was about 850 pages long, and it had just about every character and everything. We started to just, you know, track "when does this mean it would come out?" And we started looking at holiday season 2032. Which is exciting for us! I think we're on track. But we really became aware of 'it's finished" and the whole thing of "let's cut it down some, let's cut it down some, let's cut it down some, let's cut it down some" And everyone kept saying that word to us... Not word, that phrase to us... Not phrase, those letters to us... DLC. And they're like, "Oh, just make it DLC." [some groans] I agree, gently caress that! [crowd cheers] They said "If it doesn't make it into the game, you can make it DLC." I said, "gently caress you! I'll make it an episode!" Somehow or another this should all get out there, and the game will be cool, and... the show will be cool.
So, no confirmation either way back then, but if the option is in the main menu, then I suppose it's coming.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So the scene where (end game spoilers) you're giving the abortion to the bomb in Mr Slaves rear end is some seriously funny poo poo. If you fail it, you're treated to a scene of the nuke going off and then boom roll credits. It's like the game just goes "WELP YOU hosed UP! GUESS THAT'S HOW HIS STORY ENDED!" It is so perfect, I had to just sit back and admire it.

Also, this game has caused me to try and catch episodes of South Park I never got around to. I've seen everything up to about season 11, after that is sporadic. Anyone have any good suggestions for later seasons? I've seen the multi-part episodes already.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wow if you've only seen up to season 11, there are some great ones since that time. About Last Night, Fishsticks, Butters' Bottom Bitch, Pee, Medicinal Fried Chicken, Crippled Summer, Creme Fraiche, Funnybot, Crack Baby Athletic Association, Cash for Gold, Cartman finds Love. A lot of episodes are pretty polarizing though so really just watch them all, figure out which ones you like.

Also if you've watched up to season 11 and not all of it, if you haven't seen With Apologies to Jesse Jackson, that is a great episode. And the first scene is absolutely hilarious.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

So the scene where (end game spoilers) you're giving the abortion to the bomb in Mr Slaves rear end is some seriously funny poo poo. If you fail it, you're treated to a scene of the nuke going off and then boom roll credits. It's like the game just goes "WELP YOU hosed UP! GUESS THAT'S HOW HIS STORY ENDED!" It is so perfect, I had to just sit back and admire it.

Also, this game has caused me to try and catch episodes of South Park I never got around to. I've seen everything up to about season 11, after that is sporadic. Anyone have any good suggestions for later seasons? I've seen the multi-part episodes already.

Season 15 has 'You're Getting Old' and 'rear end Burgers', where the show went really introspective, and quite a few people speculated that Parker and Stone wanted to quit making new episodes of South Park.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I think you can write freely with any of his characters. Only specific franchises, like the CoC Tabletop games and the films, are things that have licenses. I'm not sure if there's seperate rights for video game adaptations, but considering how many old school adventure games just lifted Lovecraft poo poo willy-nilly, I cannot imagine it's a particularly difficult license to obtain.

Of course, having the South Park kids LARPing the CoC Tabletop game would be awesome, so it may be costly to do it that route.

It's complicated.

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
My roommate was visibly disappointed she couldn't be a girl. I guess it would have been to much effort to have specific dialogue?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pblol posted:

My roommate was visibly disappointed she couldn't be a girl. I guess it would have been to much effort to have specific dialogue?

No its because they are 8 year old boys and generally 8 year old boys and 8 year old girls don't hang out together very much.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

pblol posted:

Keep playing. You can 'be a girl' in the sense that you look like one. No girls because a) effort, and b) the boys don't like them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

pblol posted:

One of the cliques is literally "The girls" and you have to infiltrate them by cross dressing. It would change the entire context of the scene.

There's honestly a lot of wigs and makeup in the game to make your main character look like a girl and since they dont talk, you even forget theyre a boy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

pblol posted:

Oh but you can.

In fact, aren't pig tails one of the very first wigs you get?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I am ready to defend Kupa Keep!

This game is loving hilarious.

Questions:

There's an achievement for completing the game without selling anything. Is there enough money to both do this and buy all the weapons/armor for that achievement?

The achievement for never ending a battle with a dead buddy, how does that work? They can die, but as long as you revive them before the end you're good? How does that work with the final battle?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WarLocke posted:

I am ready to defend Kupa Keep!

This game is loving hilarious.

Questions:

There's an achievement for completing the game without selling anything. Is there enough money to both do this and buy all the weapons/armor for that achievement?

The achievement for never ending a battle with a dead buddy, how does that work? They can die, but as long as you revive them before the end you're good? How does that work with the final battle?

Oh hey, we have the exact same little black jew with cornrows new kid.

Regarding the equipment, I'm not sure if you'll make enough to buy it all, but don't worry about it. You won't need all the armor and weapons anyway.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

WarLocke posted:

As long as you finish the battle with them alive it counts. I got the achievement and I had my partner die a few times on me, I just made sure to revive them since I was a thief and bleed would often kill the enemies after their turn.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

pblol posted:

I've just got girly hair and makeup and it's good enough for me :v:

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

bilperkins2 posted:

Where is that from?
Eh, old information from THQ that wasn't deleted when Ubisoft took over. Some articles quoted it one, two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Me and my housemate only just realised just how hilariously twisted The Kingdom of Kupo Keep and it's Grand Wizard ruler really are.

• Locked thread