Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Walking,unfortunately" Rachel sighs. "my powers seem to be more icicles and snow out of nowhere and less cool ice slides" somewhat more cheerfully she turns to the molten rock girl "but it's still early days and I'm still getting used to these things so maybe there's still time for me to learn how to fly or buy some super jet powered skis or whatever"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Well, er, I don't want you to lag behind, but I could carry you. I think." She says with a quick estimation of Rachel's weight, though the main thing that sticks in her mind is well, the heat. "I'm not sure though, it would be a bit rough and tumble, also kind of hot... not too hot though. I do carry things around when I jump sometimes. I'm not sure if that is a, um issue?" Kat says wondering if she is made of ice or frozen or something. With people you couldn't just assume, just like Kat wouldn't want people to assume she could have a cold shower.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"err, The docs only said I was immune to extreme cold. They didn't say anything about heat." Rachel says thoughtfully. "Still I had a hot shower this morning and it didn't seem to do any harm so as long as you don't make it too hot it should be fine. If it gets too hot I'll let you know before I melt." "oh and thanks for the offer"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Jeffery

Estoc wrests himself from the grasp of his ape companion, clattering to the pavement with a groan. "And I thought running in this armour sucked. No offense Tim, but that was horrible."

He heaves himself to his knees and then up. Estoc summons one of his namesake swords, before noticing absolutely nothing.

"Isn't there a little more, I don't know, action at most crime scenes?"
He goes to help Sprite up, saying as he works "Should I summon all of the swords I'll need, or... what?"

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 12, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Nevermind , it is too dangerous, and a stupid idea. Thinking on it now, sorry- Just sorry." She said and looked down thinking it over more closely. "I've never tried it with a person you see, and well, I don't know if it would work or not."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 12, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite

Lydia isn't sure how she does it, exactly. It isn't a matter of the copper or fiber being a single, continuous medium, because neither are, and it doesn't have anything to do with cable length either. A few miles as the crow flies might have several multiples in phone line between points A and B. And even if any of that explained things, there's the matter of how she gets the phone to go off the hook from the inside. She tries not to think about it too much.

There's a payphone around the corner from the bank, and Molly is ready to hang up the phone here for her once she's gone. Sprite stares down the rosette pattern on the mouthpiece for a few seconds and

there is a sensation of speed, like being a fluid forced down a dark, warm pipe

then a bright flash as she returns to a much less constrained subset of three dimensions and falls out of the phone shelter.

"Thanks," Sprite says, taking Estoc's hand and hoisting herself up. "It's not quite one-dimensional in there, but it's close enough. Coming back out is disorienting. Like someone turning the lights on when you've got them turned off for a reason."

She pauses. He's right. There's no spinny lights, no gunfire or shouting.

"Could be someone pulling a fast one. Gimme a second."

Opening her senses wider than usual, Sprite rotates in a slow circle, looking and listening for anything amiss.

---
Wallhack! Specifically the bits where she can look through walls (Vision Penetrates Concealment) and perceive radio transmissions (Radio).

Insight +9, Perception +10, if either might help or be applicable.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
Guerrilla Gorilla Silverback - Fist National Back of Delaware Parking Lot

Tim winces as the Knightly Hero falls to the ground like a noble sack of potatoes.

"Hey, it wasn't all that much fun for me either, Kid, that suit of yours pinches something fierce. We need to get you a horse..."

He pauses politely for a moment while Sprite spins about scanning the immediate area,

"...Or at least a bike."

Probably not all that useful, considering the present company, but I've got Ultra-Hearing and Acute Smell with Perception +6

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Herschel Langley Memorial Park - Ascalon Gardens District

The kitten stares blankly back up at Match as she slowly descends towards the kitty. Unfortunately for her though, the kitten was a little ways into tree so there were a few branches and a lot of leaves in her way. It was a bit tricky getting both hands in close enough to pick up the poor kitty~!

oh no! roll acrobatics to get around the branch!

Outside of the Fist National Back of Delaware - Downtown Ascalon

*Good afternoon Ascalon, this is Heather Jones with your hourly traffic report. As usual, the gardens district is a parking lot, not a lot of movemen-*

Nope, nothing on the local radio transmissions.

Peeking through the wall and taking in a big sniff respectively, Sprite and Tim try to scope the Back out from the front. Sprite's sight into the building is limited, but even so she doesn't see anything out of the usual. Tellers, customers lining up and being impatient, several small offices inside occupied by managers trying to coax long term loans from low income earners. Scummy stuff, maybe, but this was no robbery. And Time couldn't small anything that indicated a break in. No gunpowder, or singeing from laser beams, or explosives or exhaust from a mobile drill to get into the safe. Only a hotdog and coffee cart on the corner. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This may require further investigation! Assuming Molly was on the ball, that is.

you both got 17's whaaaaaaat

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
The Revenger
Herschel Langley Memorial Park; 1 > 0 Hero Points

At the sight of the well kept, but parking lot free park blocking their way, Roy drew his head inside the car. He'd been leaning out the window the whole drive there, and encouraged Garret to go faster. "Well dang..." Roy sighed, scratching under his cowl. They began circling around the outer perimeter of the park, searching for a spot, but it was futile. "No, you know what? Not dang. Not dang at all! I have an idea Italian guy," Roy said, suddenly grasping the wheel and turning it sharply to the left, leaving the car to shudder and vault into the parks green grass, "Hold on! There is a kitten that needs us, and it is a Garfield." Law be damned, Roy would never shy away from committing crimes to save small animals. Never.

~*~*~*~

Spending a hero point and using Beginner’s Luck to give Roy an extra +5 to his Drive, leaving him with a total +9 Drive! to safely navigate the park in the fancy car and get to the kitten.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Fist National Back of Delaware's Parking Lot

Tim sighs a bit. He'd missed his coffee this morning, because "Monkeys don't drink coffee," and the strong scent wafting through the air only served as a bitter reminder.

"Well, I don't see or smell anything fishy out here. Maybe we're early?"

He caught the scent of coffee again. Ah geeze, it'll only take a second.

"Listen, you two keep an eye peeled. I'm gonna go investigate that coffee stand, see if they know anything."

Gorilla need coffee badly

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Mounting the curb, Roy drives the Lamborghini straight at a tree. But at the last second weaves out of the way, only to end up in front of another tree! But then Roy swerves again! With the reflexes of a fighter pilot, Roy slaloms across the park and in between every tree on the way to the kitty. Which tree had the kitty in it was difficult to tell from inside a car going a hundred miles an hour across grass, but that just meant Roy had some more time to show off his killer driving skills.

Eventually the pair spot Julie hovering above one of the trees, and a quick leap of logic suggests that was the tree they were looking for. Slamming on the hand break, Roy powerslides up to the kitten trapping tree. Though it looks like they were going to crash and take both tree and kitten down with them, Roy manages to pull up just inches away from the trunk.

:c00lbert:

[3:48pm] Robodog: !r 1d20+9
[3:48pm] Maidbot: Robodog, 20+9 = 29
So, rolling a twenty is a critical success. In general, critical successes mean that whatever crazy bullshit you were trying to do works, though there are situations where it still needs to beat a set DC to work. In the case of skills, a critical success means that you manage to get done whatever it is you were trying to do. Bears, you loving lucked out.

There's a little bit of a line at the stand, but in sheer deference to the gorilla approaching they stand aside for Tim. The hotdog and coffee stand operator didn't quite know what to do. "Ummm. Sorry sir… or ma'am. We don't serve bananas." He settles on after a few awkward moments of silence between the two.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite

Aaand... hm. Lydia stops and frowns.

"Weird. There's nothing on the police band, and nothing obvious going on inside that I can see." She taps a temple. "Wallhacking sight. Fortunately won't get me VAC banned in real life."

"Maybe it's an old-fashioned robbery, or someone's using mind control." She thinks. "I wonder if they have, like, two panic buttons. One for regular robbers, one for super-powered ones. 'Cause it's kind of funny we'd get a call and the cops wouldn't get boo."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Outside the Fist National Back of Delaware

Tim fights the urge to roll his eyes. At least his 7 year old had an excuse for her ignorance.

"I'll settle for a cup of your finest then, boss." He rumbles genially reaching for his wallet, kept in a small black pouch at his waist. Some days more than others, he missed having pants.

How would you feel about me using Expertise: Rent-a-Cop +2 to make friends with people in a crappy retail situation? Assuming they aren't Ape-Racist, that is.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery
Estoc watches his teammates break off before saying to Sprite "Hey, I'll check out the roof. See if there's anything odd."

He summons several broadswords floating in the air beside the building and climbs them like a staircase.

A little use of Create 10 with movable.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Man, even the cat is getting her name wrong. Julie circles the tree and twists, eying and peering in, looking closely. It's tough to get in there, with all the branches. Sadly, Mr. Tree Cat doesn't feel like getting out on a far branch. Julie angles herself sideways and tries to slip in close for a kitty grab.

<Platonicsolid> !roll 1d20+2
<Maidbot> Platonicsolid, 15+2 = 17

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Garrett M. Blazington III – In Pursuit of Parking Somewhere Near Herschel Langley Memorial Park

"Italian? I am not Ita—WHAT IN THE NAME OF ACHETIA'S ACCURSED ARSE ARE YOU DOING!" shouts the devil when Roy takes over and plunges his precious, expensive car straight into the tree–riddled expanse of the park. What follows is all a blur to Garrett until, finally, the Diablo and its occupants have come to a stop, and one that doesn't involve anybody getting horribly mangled or the car's paint getting scratched, either!

"Roy," breathes Garrett, closing his eyes and taking a moment to collect himself, "I am torn between telling you to never, ever do that again, and asking you to show me how the Hell you did that." He glances out the window, up at the hovering Julie. "But for now, I believe we have a cat to rescue, no?" Getting out of the car, Garrett walks round the tree once, then looks up at the continuing spectacle of superheroine versus kitten. "Do you need a hand?" he calls up to her—not that he himself is going to lend one, of course, but should the kitten prove especially reluctant to vacate the arboreal premises, he could call in his…associates.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"You know wait a minute here." She walked quickly back into the headquarters in search for some sort of transportation that wouldn't kill someone. Kat if nothing was a realist, and knew it was the only way to do it for sure not hurt someone.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Mach is closing in on the kitty, slowly working her way through the branches to get a good vector on grabbing the feisty feline. She takes her time, not wanting to spook the kitty, and moving in so that she was just inches away from grabbing that kitten.

Then some idiots almost crash a car into the tree.

The kitty freaks the eff out! Hissing, the kitty lashes out and swipes at Mach. Her hands, so close to picking the kitten up, are both hit. Wracked with the kind of pain only a kitten with razor sharp claws and a lack of self control can provide, Mach quickly yanks her hands back. Catless. And also loses her concentration and drops from the sky. Breaking a couple branches on her way down, a Lamborghini Diablo breaks her fall.

oh no this kitten has claws!

"Sure thing, pal." The decidedly un-ape racist hotdog guy says, gladly taking Tim's money in exchange for one steaming hot cup of his finest. Presumably coffee. It looked and smelt like coffee, anyway. Safe bet it was. But you know these hotdog vendors, they can be a shady bunch sometimes. "So, how about those road works huh?" He makes small talk, handing Tim his free biscotti. "Backing up traffic from here to the freeway. And noisy as anything or what! I can't hear myself think when they have that hammer whatsits going, I'm telling ya. But I don't know, maybe to a big fella like you it ain't so bad. What with those tiny ears an' all."

From up high, Jeffery has prime views of downtown Ascalon. Just about all the way down to the gardens district. And of the surrounding roads and building to the Back, which just may reveal to him what this robbery was all about! Looking for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, Jeffery comes up with pretty much jack squat. On top of the roof there was no sign of entry, just a rather flat roof with a water tower and some air conditioning ducts poking out. And around the building there were people tooing and frowing as they scurry about their busy day, offices filled with workers for an all manner of top companies using Delaware's low corporate tax rate to their advantage, backed up traffic from some construction or something further down the block, a hotdog vendor on the corner, some big ape guy, a girl who looked straight out of Tron. No bank robbers…

oh no this back has claws!

Central Agency - Central Avenue

Molly umms and ahhs for a little bit while thinking about Kat's quandary. "Ah-hah!" She snaps her fingers in a pure eureka moment. "I know what you can use!

Death's Domain - Harbourside

After a gruelling twenty minute tandem bike ride, team Doctor Death arrive outside of Death's Domain. Which was obviously the place because, really, villains loved tis sort of thing. Egomanics, most of them. Frankly, they'd be better off naming things something like 'Daisy's Bouquet Flower Outlet', keep things discrete. But then those people would be villains, would they?

And if there was any doubt that this wasn't the right place, it was soon dispelled when two people burst out of the saloon style doors and run out onto the street. Covering their mouths, they both still manage loud, terrified screams as they run away from Death's Domain as fast as their legs could carry them. And from inside the building a deep, evil laugh echoes out from none other than the bad doctor himself. Just what was that fiend doing to those all comers!?

oh no this death has claws!

Robodog fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 16, 2014

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
El Mago

After properly parking and securing their vehicle (bike theft is a terrible crime!) El Mago will motion to the other heros for a strategy meeting!

"Ok amigo's, I need to know how it is you fight! If some of you happen to fly around and shoot lazer beams from your hands, I would hate to bring you into a small building against a cabrone named Dr Death"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Mach
Herschel Langley Memorial Park

Slow, careful, turn just so. "Come on, kitty," Mach says with her biggest smile and a soft, cooing voice. She knows from kittens, having had roommates with them. Three! Rachel always argued that didn't make them crazy cat ladies, because it was only 1.5 cats for each of them. It's going well, with the little kitten giving her a cautious sniff and a slow approach, almost ready to leap into her hands. Nope, nothing's going to screw this up.

*CRASH!*

The cat hits the tree, startling both cat and superhero. The kitten lashes out with its claws, slicing across Mach's hands with claws sharp enough to pierce Julie's touch skin. "The...." she cries out, as the pain and surprise breaks her focus and sends her crashing down, snapping a few trees on her way down and landing on the Diablo with a metallic crunch.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim sips his cup of the Merchant's Finest appreciatively. Ahh, that was almost definitely coffee...

Whilst listening with his perfectly sensible ears, he catches on to something the vendor said.

"Road work? How long has that been going on? I swear they just can't leave well enough alone sometimes, eh?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey - Outside the Fist National Back of Delaware

Uttering several miscellaneous curses, Estoc begins to climb down from the Back. As he steps off of each sword in the staircase, it dissipates. We wouldn't want the curious base jumper or wannabe hero getting any ideas about roofs of buildings and such.

He grimaces behind his helmet as he thinks of that one kid in trade school who thought he gained super powers from the forge that somebody threw firecrackers in. The explosions made the whole thing bellow whenever he tried to approach it, entirely coincidental. Turns out, fire crackers aren't quite mystical enough, they just sound it...

Once descended, he approaches Tim,
"What do we do now? I don't see anything wrong here. Shall we just enter and ask 'Hey, any of you been robbed recently?'"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

She looks over the masked wrestler skeptically and then looks to Rachael, the ride here had taken a lot longer than she expected, but she guessed that next time they split up they would go by forms of transportation first. It only seemed to make sense, Kat bet Julie didn't have this sort of trouble. It was a cat in the tree, she bet that it was already taken care of.

With a bit of a sigh, she says, "That does make a certain sense to ask, but basically you, know. I'm made of lava, I make my fists hard as rock and punch things. Sometimes burn things. I can also grab pretty well." She holds out her hands and they glow with white hot heat before she lets them cool down.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite!

Not wanting to be left out, Sprite squirts up into the air, across the street, and over to catch up with Tim and Jeffrey. Or Guerrilla Gorilla and Estoc. However they want to be called on assignment.

"Nothing around, nothing up there..." she guesses the latter part. "One direction we haven't tried. Well, at least three, but if they can travel ana or kata then we're probably out of our league!"

She points down, pertly, for emphasis.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Staring at the mexican luccadoor lhuchadore luscador wrestler. "My powers are pretty straightforward. I can shoot things with ice and take a few punches. I can also turn the area into an ice rink but some of you guys may have trouble keeping your footing" She explains."Anyway, enough talking lets go deal with Mr Delusions of Adequacy in there."

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
El Mago

"Ha! Im glad to hear you are both are little luchadores yourself!"

El Mago will then to rush through the double doors and announce his presence.

"Senior Death, your days of Evil are over! Turn yourself in to the police or I will have to show you the justice of El Mago, and his new friends, the Fire and Ice Senoritas!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

She shakes her head and walks in after the wrestler, unsure what this was going to cause. Stepping into after the loud wrestler announced himself, she says simply, "Hello, Doctor Death? Come on, lets just talk this over." Kat knew there wasn't much chance of that, but maybe, just maybe they could reason with the man. Have a bit of light conversation he hands himself over to the cops ten years from now he is apologizing about being an idiot.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

He nods at Sprite. "Now all we need is a few anthropomorphic turtles and a rat." He begins to look around for a sewer grate, if finding one, tries to pry it open with a thick sword conjured for this express purpose.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Garrett M. Blazington III – In a) a State of Abject Shock and b) Herschel Langley Memorial Park

Garrett just…stares. His mouth opens then closes again a couple of times in quick succession, a look of barely suppressed horror on his face. Finally, he turns to Roy, mouth open still. "Did she…did she just…land…on my car?"

He takes a few steps towards the vehicle, a man afraid that he might not like what he's going to find. "Are you alright?" the devil gently enquires, taking in tree and kitten and Diablo and fallen superheroine. "That…that looked painful. Nothing is broken…is it?" Garrett puts his hand on the vehicle's roof, stroking it soothingly. "She didn't scratch your paintjob, did she?"

His expression darkens as he then gazes up to where the recalcitrant kitten still is perching. "I have had it with that little monster already," he grimly announces and pulls out a sheet of paper that looks rather like a largely pre–printed contract of some sort. "Let's see," Garrett adds, producing a fountain pen as well and beginning to fill in the blanks, "what time is it, precisely? Today is March the…in Herschel Langley Memorial Park…non–lethal relocation as per paragraphs…sign here…very good!" Putting the pen away again, the devil holds out the contract, whereupon it spontaneously bursts into flame and is altogether incinerated in a matter of moments, not so much as a speck of ash remaining of it. Rubbing his hands with grim anticipation, Garrett looks around, clearly expecting something to happen.

(Trying to) Summon the imps! They get a DC 18 Will (?) resistance check to weasel out of it.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina Van Ouden - DOCTOR DEATH'S BARGAIN BOUQUET FLORAL OUTLET

At some point, Katrina hops off a bus and meanders over to where the rest of their super-group had assembled, reaching the doors just as El Mago and Kat call out to....

"Wait, Senior Death? Is he, like...a senior citizen?"

Kat just gets this horribly gleeful look on her face and calls out, speaking LOUD AND SLOOOOOOOOOOW and so very deadpan.

"GRAMPA? HEY, GRANDPA? C'MOOOOON, GRAMPA, THE LADY NEXT DOOR LOST HER KITTY IN THE PARK. HER KITTY, GRANDPA! IF YOU HELP US FIND HER KITTY, I'M SURE SHE'LL GIVE YOU LOTS OF BUTTERSCOTCH. BUTTERSCOTCH, GRANPA!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Mach sits up with a crunching and crinkling of metal. She tosses her hair out, sending a flurry of safety glass and leaves out of it. "I'm fine," she says, wiping her face and groaning. Julie looks at the Devil as he continues stroke the car, setting her to an instant frown. "Just fine," she adds, her tone tenser and more annoyed. Another series of metallic crunches accompanies a slide of her heroine off the roof, drops to the ground and then brushes her hands off to free them of glass. "I'd have had it if it weren't for somebody's horribly distracting driving."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

A meow comes from the tree. It was a meow that everybody knew. Not quite mocking, not quite smug, but a meow of comfortable self-satisfaction. The cat knew exactly what it did and was happy it did it. It was a very cat way of thinking.

Despite their best efforts, a plume of sulphurous smoke emanates from deep within the ground. Pouring out and rising in front of the slightly paint scratched Diablo, the smoke slowly draws together into shapes. Shapes of… two little things, a couple of feet tall with sharp ears and various pointy implements in hand. Then, with a loud *POP*, a pair of lethargic looking demonic being appear in front of Garrett. "Oh dark lord, we are here to serve, what is thou bidding?" They say in unison, to Roy and Julie it was possibly the most forced thing they had ever heard. There was no passion or emotion behind it whatsoever. A pinch of attitude, perhaps.

Of course to Garrett, this was all par for course.

You got imps

"Yeah, tell me about it." The coffee guy nods back at Tim. "Nobody looks at fixing the roads for ten years then they all get done at once! But that's City Hall for you, right?" He smirks, getting tongs out to work around the sauerkraut. "How long it's been going on? Well, I'd say about a week? Ten days maybe. Think they're having trouble with the sewerage pipes or something, I'm hearing jackhammers all day out here."

Finding a manhole cover, Estoc summons up something that is NOT even close to a prisebar nuh-uh no siree. It was a sword. 100%, sharp edged, stabbing sword. And with that sword, he jams it into the manhole cover and starts to lift it free. "Hey!" A shout comes out. "Hey! Woah, woah, woah! What're you doing!?" Comes swiftly after it, as one of the construction worker from up the street jogs over. "You can't do that! We've got some serious works going on here!" He then takes a step back and actually looks at Jeffrey, all armoured up. "Ugh, not another one." He sighs, hand going to his temple. "Look fella, we've got work to do here and we're already behind schedule. We don't have the time to let you cosplayers play dungeons and dragons down here. Crocodiles aren't even dragons! We don't even have any crocs in the sewers anyway!"

Finally bursting into Death's Domain, the four intrepid heroes to be find it to be…

…a dive bar. There's a fair smattering of people there, a few at the bar and a couple shooting pool. But most of the crowd are gathered around one table. A table with a man dressed in a very roboty looking suit sat, looking triumphant even behind his tin foil mask. Blue and yellow bolts of electricity shoot around his metal suit, and the man starts to cackle. And the crowd, contrary to those who ran out moments before, seem to be cheering for the man as he slowly stands up in the booth.

It was Doctor Death!

"Muhahah!" He laughs evilly, sparks shooting from his hands very theatrically as he turns to face the interns. The crowd hoots and hollers even more now. "Turn myself in? Never!" He defiantly calls to El Mago. "I am yet to be bested! I reign supreme! I shall never go quietly into the night, for I am Doctor Death!" More sparks shoot off, the crowd loving the lights show.

"Butterscotch?" He raises an eyebrow under his robot head, looking squarely at Kat. "Butterscotch!? Perhaps your weak constitution demands such niceties, girl, but in Death's Domain you shall know nothing so sweet and soothing! Only pain awaits you here!" He pauses for another dramatic, evil laugh. It's now that, as the good Doctor steps away from the table slightly, that you all spy something on the table. A big, heaping now half-empty bowl of fat, juicy chilli peppers sitting on his table. "You so called 'heroes' dare challenge Doctor Death, the physician of peppers, in his own domain!?" He challenges, the crowd now officially going wild.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Wait, that is why we were called out? Peppers?" She looks at the others than back to the Doctor. "Um, gals... and guy, I think I could do this, at the risk of smelling like burnt pepper for a few days. He might kill himself trying to beat me though. Since well, the most that could happen to me is the chili oil catches fire and well..." She rubs her chin with a bit of a sound of rock moving on smooth rock, "Unless these are the strangest peppers, I have ever seen and manage to effect me?"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 23, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Estoc hesitates a moment, glancing over at his companions. He sighs, wondering how much paperwork he's going to have for doing what he was about to do.

Around 30 longswords with varying designs appear around Estoc, floating with their points pointing towards the manhole cover.

"Sir, I'm here on HIREUS business, regarding a recent robbery. I have reason to suspect suspects may have entered the sewers. I would urge, even go so far as to pray, that you stop obstructing the path of the righteous, and let me and my metal friends descend." Estoc says, mustering his most formal yet imposing tone. He hates the voice but it sometimes works.

Trying to intimidate the blokes, 16 in intimidate. Also, aesthetic use of Create.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite!

Oh, whoops! She should have-- wait. Swords? Would that even work?

"Can you summon prybars?" Lydia manages to ask Estoc in the moments before the sewer dude comes running down the street.

While the dude tries to talk Estoc down, and he counters with some talk like something out of Warcraft (and a really pretty array of swords around the manhole-- Sprite makes a note to maybe hook him up with some modders who'd love to have some cool, unique designs like those to work from), she looks at Tim, down through the ground to spot where the maintenance tunnels are, and quietly phases through the tarmac.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim nods in polite outrage at the Weiniesmith. Jackhammers today, amirite?

"That's just like those bigshots, I bet they can't even here that racket from their cushy offices. Listen, this joe was fantastic, but I gotta run. Maybe get some banana bread for next time, eh buddy?"

The ape chuckles at his own joke as he drops a couple bucks in the tip jar and turns around to see...

A pink lazergirl floating through the ground and the better part of a Renaissance Faire floating above a manhole cover.

"So much for good old gumshoe stuff..."

Tim casually knucklewalks up to the commotion, "Don't worry pal, just some routine heroics. With any luck we'll be outta your hair in a few minutes." He rumbles, then as a whispered aside to Estoc/Jefferey "Hey careful kid, you'll put someone's eye out with those things."

Sizing up the manhole. Is it big enough, or will I have to seek a Gorillahole?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
El Mago - Deaths Divebar

"That looks like Sister Wanda's Famous chili con chili. I... never liked that dish. It is hard to wrestle on an upset stomach."

Turning to face the other heros, he whispers.
"I think Senorita Kat should eat the peppers. Maybe we can leave here with nobody getting hurt and a robot being tragically un-bodyslammed."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Woah, look who we have here!" The construction worker turns his head and calls to his work-mates. "Somebody on HIREUS business! A couple of routine heroic types!" His friends down tools and make their way over, the array of swords Estoc had summoned not doing much to scare them off. "Well listen up. We're here on civic construction business, permits right from City Hall. They want this road fixed up and I'm getting sick an' tired of people getting in the way. So why don't you and your fuzzy pal beat it already!" His colleagues nod and murmur in agreement, cross their burly arms and staring down the knight and ape.

Tim's sharp, homo-apien eyes measure up the manhole. And it was indeed sized for a man, not a gorilla! He'd need to find a larger entry point.

jade mage, you rolled a 2. 18 isnt enough to intimidate union construction workers!

Underground Outside of the Fist National Back of Delaware - Downtown Ascalon

Sprite sees that, under her very feet, lay a very wide and spacious sewer system. If Ascalon was famous for anything, it was for how big the sewer system was. Put Paris to shame, it did, though it served little practical purpose.

Sprite also sees that there was a rather large hole busted into the side of the sewer, in the general direction of the Fist National Back.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Frothing with anger, Estoc is thankful to be wearing a helmet to mask his glare of contempt. He makes the swords float above him as he steps away from the construction worker. "And I thought the Round Table was a tough union, gently caress. Any ideas, Tim?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - outside the Back

"Hmmm" Tim thought for a moment, stroking his massive chin.

"Yeah, I got one."

Tim is going to use his massive ape-strength to hopefully punch the manhole cover down through the manhole.

• Locked thread