Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
About ten minutes ago, the entire forum suddenly turned into this godawful 3D-ish bold format for me, and then all the colours changed like crazy with blue on the left and purple on the bars! It's really drat disorienting and it's hurting my eyes badly, what the hell is going on guys?

EDIT: A MASTER OF MACHINES HAS FOUND A WAY TO FIX IT:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

For those with Firebug the offending text shadow CSS helpfully is right at the top:

One click to normal text.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

FinalGamer posted:

About ten minutes ago, the entire forum suddenly turned into this godawful 3D-ish bold format for me, and then all the colours changed like crazy with blue on the left and purple on the bars! It's really drat disorienting and it's hurting my eyes badly, what the hell is going on guys?

nice meltdown

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
http://the-magi.us/sa.html

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i too am experiencing unwanted eye rape

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Forums look normal and good to me, just like 2005.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FinalGamer posted:

People who dislike the new look should take shelter in FYAD, which has not yet had 3D browsing implemented.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Can you guys post some screenshots?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This sure does look something awful.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The drugs have made their way through the code.

If you are seeing things, you have been chosen.

Please report to the World Trade Center on april 4th, 2014, at 7:40am.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

rawdog pozfail posted:

It's like someone messed up the shadow effects on their LJ page.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

It might be because they changed the style sheet for DDRD and ended up loving the rest of the forums.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

rawdog pozfail posted:

the bastard child of the grey forums and ddrd

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
This looks like my butt, and I don't have a nice butt

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm enjoying this preview of glorious Web 3.D

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

I see the admins finally turned on 3d browsing

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
That's quite something. Thank you.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Why do you hate living in the future OP?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh good I thought I pushed a wrong button and broke the forums.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

that one guy who keeps asking about implementing 3D is going to be pleased, and personally i'm glad of it

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oh good, turns out I'm not going crazy after all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am also experiencing this and I hate change.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Work around, Highlight all the text, the font becomes pretty readable.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

beautiful

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Forums user Peta was finally vindicated, if only for a small time.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
I am also seeing the forums in shad-ow-vision.

Dunno if this will help, but I used Firefox Developer to trace back the font effect and it looks like it's coming from forums.css, where "text-shadow: 1px 1xp 1px #000" has been added to some of the styles.

EDIT That doesn't explain the weird colors and all, though, so maybe something else is screwed up instead.

EDIT EDIT The turquoise on the sidebars and the purple gradient at the bottom of the page are also coming from forums.css.

Alien Arcana fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 16, 2014

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lmao this poo poo is retarded

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It's sunday.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Alien Arcana posted:

Dunno if this will help, but I used Firefox Developer to trace back the font effect and it looks like it's coming from forums.css, where "text-shadow: 1px 1xp 1px #000" has been added to some of the styles.

EDIT That doesn't explain the weird colors and all, though, so maybe something else is screwed up instead.

It's been pretty clearly confirmed that the new-YCS (Demonius Darkblades Retrogaming Dungeon or whatever it is) stylesheet is leaking.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Alien Arcana posted:

lol hes copy-pasted a bunch of standard forums css and just tweaked the styling while adding the "body.forum_267" to the front without accounting for the fact that some of the clauses have multiple selectors

he made a bunch of changes to the live forums css and didn't even check it afterwards what a guy

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Just dropped in to let whoever came up with this idea know that it looks horrible and they're bad at ideas.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Gnack posted:

lol hes copy-pasted a bunch of standard forums css and just tweaked the styling while adding the "body.forum_267" to the front without accounting for the fact that some of the clauses have multiple selectors

he made a bunch of changes to the live forums css and didn't even check it afterwards what a guy

poo poo, I think you're right.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
its not happening to me so i dont believe you op

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Delete YCS

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Asiina posted:

I am also experiencing this and I hate change.
I despise change and it is my natural enemy :colbert: seriously how the hell do we fix this? I'm not kidding that it is hurting my eyes because they're too stupid to count to 3 (dimensions).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I first thought my eyeballs were punishing me for putting off new glasses for so long (come on little guys, I have an eye doctor appointment this tomorrow, yeesh).

pixaal posted:

Work around, Highlight all the text, the font becomes pretty readable.

Speaking of highlighting, The crazed shadow effects mean you can read the text under spoiler bars without highlighting. You just know somebody somewhere is throwing a tantrum over that.

Maltag
Oct 1, 2007

Alien Arcana posted:

EDIT EDIT The turquoise on the sidebars and the purple gradient at the bottom of the page are also coming from forums.css.

Great work, detective. We'll crack this one yet.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Maltag posted:

Great work, detective. We'll crack this one yet.

Adblock that element and things become readable again.

Also :lol: at radium or whoever.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Gnack posted:

lol

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
People are naturally opposed to change, OP. Give it a day or two and you'll end up liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
it has a hip new feel for today's 3D poster

• Locked thread