Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Eagerly awaiting more :allears:

Welcome to the club buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Welcome to the club buddy!

Thanks. I'm still super weepy inside about Chihiro.

Are updates still weekly? It says the next chapter is out on the 5th, so, Wednesdays, I guess?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It'll probably be sometime tomorrow. Sometimes it's up when I wake up Fridays, sometimes not until later.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It'll probably be sometime tomorrow. Sometimes it's up when I wake up Fridays, sometimes not until later.

What? That's great, but how? I thought it said the next issue comes out March 5th!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CuddlyZombie posted:

What? That's great, but how? I thought it said the next issue comes out March 5th!

The version we read on the internet often comes out before the magazine is actually published. Early scans are leaked fairly consistently.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And is out

Few thoughts:

*I like you a lot Ayumi but stop being so bitchy
*Keima, you magnificent bastard :allears:

*:qq: Chihiro

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What would Keima have done if the device hadn't been destroyed? Was he planning on calling home but not actually returning?

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
"Wait! There's still things I need to do in the past!"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU. :argh:

Even the MagiKanon interlude was less of a cocktease than that!

But on the other hand it means more random crossdressing I guess. :toot:?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hooray that it's out, but, totally this! So, since the scan mentions March 19th, will it be two weeks before the next update? I'm still a bit confused on the update schedule.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 28, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And is out

Few thoughts:

*I like you a lot Ayumi but stop being so bitchy
*Keima, you magnificent bastard :allears:

*:qq: Chihiro

God dammit, when Keima has to hurt Chihiro again I am going to be very distraught. I think the worst thing is knowing that it's going to have to happen.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

chumbler posted:

God dammit, when Keima has to hurt Chihiro again I am going to be very distraught. I think the worst thing is knowing that it's going to have to happen.

I'm pretty sure he can't do anything bad enough to open up a gap in her heart, though, since Chihiro doesn't have one at the start of the series.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

What would Keima have done if the device hadn't been destroyed? Was he planning on calling home but not actually returning?

This is interesting. I wonder what he could have needed, maybe to ask the girls what they remember from back then? Maybe to talk to Tenri? Perhaps Tenri was supposed to already have asked about what everyone remembers when all the girls met up before they were interrupted.

Also, more Chihiro, the best girl. I wonder if he will apologize to her, even though she wont understand..

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CuddlyZombie posted:

I'm pretty sure he can't do anything bad enough to open up a gap in her heart, though, since Chihiro doesn't have one at the start of the series.

He can 'seduce' her to allow for her future gap to appear or plant the seeds for her inferiority complex though. In either case, Chihiro ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when Keima's involved :smith:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

plant the seeds for her inferiority complex

That's so cruel. It will probably happen. :smith:

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz
I'm actually hoping that Keima only partially succeeds in the past. So, a different set of girls have goddesses and when he goes back the world is completely different.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He can 'seduce' her to allow for her future gap to appear or plant the seeds for her inferiority complex though. In either case, Chihiro ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when Keima's involved :smith:

Nah, I'm pretty sure you've got this backwards.

Keima's going to be too nice to her, she's never going to develop that inferiority complex, and this will result in a mismatch of worlds that undoes everything. BAD END.

Clearly if Keima played games outside of the Galge sphere he'd know that Good People Die. :v:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

So, uh, something that just occurred to me: the end of the Goddess arc was chapter 189. That's 73 chapters ago- or, a little over a quarter of the entire run of the manga. The Goddess arc started with 114, so TWGOK has actually been plot-driven for longer than it was episodic. :stare:

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
New Chapter

Dramathon.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Was Keima considering suicide?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Keima's letter is really sweet (and I wonder what was adressed to Tenri :heysexy:), seeing Tsukiyo's mom really tugged at my heartstrings :unsmith:

Is also fantastic than the arc is finally coming to an end but I wouldn't mind if things were to speed up a little.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Possible, during the whole Chihiro mess he appeared massively depressed for obvious reasons

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

He mentioned all the goddess holders are his friends. Chihiro ending here we come!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Man, after all that talk about the letter... It was totally worth the wait. :3:

The_Frag_Man posted:

Nah, I doubt it. Remember, he spent multiple days in his room just playing games once the Goddess Arc was over. When he says "throw everything away," he probably means his connections to the real world.

Keima's had a lot of character development.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

That letter was really awesome. :3:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

We still haven't seen all of it yet. I wanna know what it says about Chihiro. If you read the small writing, it indicates that he wrote about her.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I really want to know what Tenri meant by "That goes for Keima-kun too" just after Ayumi says that she really fell in love with him. Ayumi end? :swoon:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

HiveCommander posted:

I really want to know what Tenri meant by "That goes for Keima-kun too" just after Ayumi says that she really fell in love with him. Ayumi end? :swoon:

She also says "That's why Keima-kun is sad right now!!". I interpret the conversation as saying Keima fell in love unexpectedly too, and doesn't know what to do as well...

E: Actually I want to know what the comment about destiny was referring to.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 15, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

She also says "That's why Keima-kun is sad right now!!". I interpret the conversation as saying Keima fell in love unexpectedly too, and doesn't know what to do as well...

Possibly, and Tenri might be hiding the rest of the letter because he mentions feelings for Ayumi somewhere in it, probably a red herring though.
I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. We'll see how it pans out in the next few chapters [spoiler]but I do think that Ayumi and Tenri are in the lead right now. Keima doesn't seem interested in Chihiro, Tsukiko, Yui or Shiori.
Then again, his write-up on Chihiro wasn't shown so that could be either good news for Chihiro fans or that Keima still thinks of her as a background character.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I'm thinking it's more like Keima figured out that a true harem ending means that not only the girls fall in love with him, but that he also falls in love with all of them. His conflict comes from him knowing the others will feel as possesive of him as Ayumi, and in the end he will end up hurting them all, just like he did with Chihiro, whether he chooses them all, just one or no one

Edit: Just to expand:

Keima chooses:

• Everyone: "Are you crazy? Pervert!"
  • One: "I see. We wish you the best! We'll never see you again!" "But how can I be happy when I know Keima loves the others too?"
  • No one: "Die in hell, scum!"

Whatever he does, he loses. But we win, in hilarity! :v:

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 15, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Next volume is the last one.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

drat. Well, as much as I love this series, it really is its time. I don't think it's grown stale yet, but it certainly was in danger of becoming so.

Assuming that the series gets a proper, non-rushed end, of course. Otherwise, this is a bunch of bullshit.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
drat, this had better end well.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This final arc overstayed it's welcome. All I hope for is a fabulous conclusion.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Assuming that the series gets a proper, non-rushed end, of course.

What exactly do you think is happening right now?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The entire "child" arc was abysmal. Series is really going out with a whimper. I honestly think Wakaki simply doesn't have any more ideas to keep the series fresh if he's going to Negima this series now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Sad to see it go, but it was bound to end given there's not much else the story can go. Even if the last arc wasn't as strong as other arcs, I was still pretty invested in the series compared to other manga, so I want to say it was overall good. Course there's the possibility of screwing up the ending, but I have hopes it'll end satisfactory.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If it keeps the quality of the last chapter all the way to the end then I'm fine, it's been kinda obvious that there was nowhere else to go after this arc but drat I wish Wakaki had given a bigger sense of urgency with this arc.

So, this means there's about 12 chapters left? One more year?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
So based on this page it looks like the latest Volumes have been averaging about 11 Chapters each. If we assume the next 11 Chapters not listed in a volume form Volume 25, that means there are.. 3 Chapters left. :suicide:

Did this get loving cancelled or something?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zogundar posted:

So based on this page it looks like the latest Volumes have been averaging about 11 Chapters each. If we assume the next 11 Chapters not listed in a volume form Volume 25, that means there are.. 3 Chapters left. :suicide:

Did this get loving cancelled or something?

Are you kidding me?

THREE chapters?

Goddamit Wakaki, god-loving-dammit.

So much for a good ending then :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
i'm still holding out hope that someone will animate the first yui arc

• Locked thread