Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
They are playing Jeff Hardy/RVD from Invasion and everything is blurred. I wish they would go through and fix all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Bray Wyatt should not do Network bumpers.

Edit: Wrestlemania 27 is on. Who on earth is Keri Hilson?

fart blood fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 17, 2014

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
first time im watching WM27. They 're using big spots really early. I remember trying to stream this Sorry Hunter.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Comotose Undertaker is always good.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I forgot snookie was involved in this

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Yeah Snookie can actually go

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
And now, the dumbest Wrestlemania entrance ever.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

DudeDeuce posted:

And now, the dumbest Wrestlemania entrance ever.

Yeah I remember seeing this and wanting to end ASAP

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Usually Gospel choirs can make anything awesome, but the way the integrated it into Cena's theme just didn't work.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Call Me Charlie posted:

They are playing Jeff Hardy/RVD from Invasion and everything is blurred. I wish they would go through and fix all of that.

They wanted to really put you in the mindset of Jeff Hardy and RVD.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Who the hell thought it was a good way to end the main event of Wrestlemania? I really gives me little hope for this year…

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Astro7x posted:

Who the hell thought it was a good way to end the main event of Wrestlemania? I really gives me little hope for this year…

This entire Mania was a sacrifice to the wrestling gods for the biggest buyrate ever a year later.

Miz was way more concussed looking than I remember. Surprised they didn't call an audible and ditch Rock beating him down.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN

Sir Jebus posted:

This entire Mania was a sacrifice to the wrestling gods for the biggest buyrate ever a year later.

Miz was way more concussed looking than I remember. Surprised they didn't call an audible and ditch Rock beating him down.

You had to know something was wrong because the Miz can't act that good.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Any heat the match had was sucked out by the double count-out, and not even The Rock could save it.

Astro7x posted:

Eh, I think they have to know going into this Mania there's only one finish that makes any sort of sense. At the time of Mania 27, it was looking like a foregone conclusion that Rock/Cena was happening at Mania 28.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 17, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
For the first time on the live stream, they are showing a full classic PPV. Bash at the Beach 1994 (Hogan's WCW debut) at 4:30PM EDT today.

Jaragoh
Nov 27, 2004

Ahahaha the interview with RVD's singlet artist...we finally meet the man behind the yinyangs.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think every single PPV from 1999 starts with one of the announcers informing us that one of the McMahons made the main event no-DQ on SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Jaragoh posted:

Ahahaha the interview with RVD's singlet artist...we finally meet the man behind the yinyangs.

Same guy that does Ryback's siglets.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I didn't remember Cole being snarky about Punk liking comic books.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

John Cena vs John Laurinitis seriously main evented a PPV in 2012.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Watching Over the Limit 2012. This is just before I started watching again so I missed all this People Power stuff. Seems dumb. Punk/Bryan was good though. Also Ryback with pyro and some heat.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm gonna blow everyone's mind and say this Savage/Steamboat match on Old School is preeeetty good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Geez, 90 year old Bruno could move.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Haha, I was like "Who is this dickhead ref...oh, Danny Davis."

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DeathChicken posted:

I love that Piper blades like 30 seconds in

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Static Rook posted:

Watching Over the Limit 2012. This is just before I started watching again so I missed all this People Power stuff. Seems dumb. Punk/Bryan was good though. Also Ryback with pyro and some heat.

Pretty sure it still wasn't pyro it was a pyro sound in the song ?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I wonder how much Piper, Orton, and Sammartino saved by just buying a 3-pair of matching wrestlepanties instead of having individual ones.

Fakeedit: Oh wow, Jesse's going to wrestle? I've never seen him wrestle before.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Photex posted:

Yeah, they did the pyro noise, but after people kept complaining that they never filmed the pyro it came out that there never was any pyro.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I saw a ~50 minute Bruno/Baba match from the late-60s where the roughest bump would be a back bump after taking a running crossbody, and it was as good as anything I've ever seen.

If anything, watching old Bruno stuff makes me go 'wow, wrestlers nowadays are really really stupid'. The average dumb pointless Raw match is probably 100x rougher on the guys wrestling than that Bruno/Baba match was, and isn't anything close to being as good.

Bruno owns.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Photex posted:

njsykora posted:

Yeah, they did the pyro noise, but after people kept complaining that they never filmed the pyro it came out that there never was any pyro.

Hah, yeah I heard the noise and just assumed they didn't film it for some reason, Twice.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
God, I hope sequins make a comeback in WWE, everyone in the ring right now is so sparkly.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They're randomly showing Taz/Bam Bam from Living Dangerously 98, and some of the spots in this match are loving ridiculous.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Swagger Dagger posted:

They're randomly showing Taz/Bam Bam from Living Dangerously 98, and some of the spots in this match are loving ridiculous.

Yeah, was wondering why this was on the live stream when it says it's Old School

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Bam Bam taking the Tazplex on the guardrail was loving nasty.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Man...Jerry Lawler sure loves coke.....:downsrim:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I vaguely remember this piece on Lawler from Confidential, but all I remember was his insane Coke memorabilia collection.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake is the worst loving tag team I've ever seen.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
How can you not like Brutii Beefer?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Shima Honnou posted:

How can you not like Brutii Beefer?

I'm watching this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I love those little kayfabe "wrestler breaks down a match" bits.

• Locked thread