Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Is the live stream at 6pm eastern time like the announcement video says, or is it at 8 or 9pm eastern time like the end of the new update says? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I would listen to the announcement video and the video made forever ago.

Edit: But really it's 50mins from now.

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 21, 2014

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
That whole "grounding" thing reminds me in an odd way of entomologist Edward Wilson's biophilia theory, which has nothing to do with magic electrons flowing from the ground to your feet or whatnot but posits that humans for evolutionary reasons need regular contact with nature for their physical health. There's more to it than what I'm saying, but I'm blanking at the moment.

I'm kind of disturbed that Koopa had armbands styled after swastika armbands in the cartoon, if only for one episode.

ETA: Forgot to mention: I watched the movie version of The Secret at the behest of a New Age family member, and what I remember most about it was how it depicted the story of a gay man who was being harassed about his sexuality and ended up blaming him for the abuse (he was inviting it with his negative thoughts and energy, see).

ETA2: Oh, yeah, about the video: I remember that Arino's attempt at beating Bowser here took him, what, 90 tries or something? I don't recall what gave him so much trouble; I don't think I went into this boss knowing what to do, and I don't remember it taking me that long at all.

Blenheim fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 22, 2014

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Blenheim posted:

That whole "grounding" thing reminds me in an odd way of entomologist Edward Wilson's biophilia theory, which has nothing to do with magic electrons flowing from the ground to your feet or whatnot but posits that humans for evolutionary reasons need regular contact with nature for their physical health. There's more to it than what I'm saying, but I'm blanking at the moment.

I'm kind of disturbed that Koopa had armbands styled after swastika armbands in the cartoon, if only for one episode.
It was pretty Colditz up in that bitch I'll tell ya that.

...Wilson's theory doesn't SOUND bad, I can see that basic need to keep connecting to nature but...not with the electrons bullshit or such.

Upthorn
Apr 29, 2009
I actually learned about "earthing" from my former oral surgeon. He gave me a big pamphlet thing that talked about zeta potentials and increased levels of cortisol (the stress hormone). The basic concept sounded very much like the reason there's a third prong on power plugs. No clue whether it legit works or not, though.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
*Beats boss with only 4 seconds left*

... oh nice job Kyle - maybe it was just because I was younger I felt...

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Upthorn posted:

I actually learned about "earthing" from my former oral surgeon. He gave me a big pamphlet thing that talked about zeta potentials and increased levels of cortisol (the stress hormone). The basic concept sounded very much like the reason there's a third prong on power plugs. No clue whether it legit works or not, though.

of course it doesn't loving work

what walking around in the grass barefoot will get you, however, is hookworms.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Earthing is totally real. That's why astronauts are the unhealthiest people there are.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TomBosleyExp posted:

And hookworms can - sometimes - help prevent autoimmune disorders, since as internal parasites they try to disable your immune system.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TomBosleyExp posted:

Hookworms hang out in puddles, don't they? Seems unlikely that just going through grass would expose yourself to then.

Of course, there's still fire ants and burrs. Little fuckers are all over the place where I live.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The live stream was absolutely awesome guys! A great way to spend 24 hours!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

The live stream was absolutely awesome guys! A great way to spend 24 hours!

Well, that's debatable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I watched for a bit this morning and drat you were fresh and feisty for being awake for like 20 hours straight by then.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I still stand behind the fact that Keith's jacket was rad :colbert:

What were the final numbers?

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

I still stand behind the fact that Keith's jacket was rad :colbert:

What were the final numbers?

$803 per month, and $809.47 one time thing last time I checked

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I feel slightly weird with the stream being absent, like I am missing something.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
25 hours well spent. Well... Spent :colbert:

Here's hoping I'll never have to see another minute of Virtual Hydelide ever again!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Your Computer posted:

25 hours well spent. Well... Spent :colbert:

Here's hoping I'll never have to see another minute of Virtual Hydelide ever again!

Coming soon: Let's Play 10 Years of Hydlide

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sorry, but this is the best non-game Bowser.

Fun fact: that Koopa was played by Chris Latta/Collins, better known as the voice of Starscream and Cobra Commander.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

How DARE you call yourself an LPer if you don't know every little detail of a game before you start playing it?

I'm kidding.

Realtalk, I've seen more than one LP spoiled because the LPer was too good at the game and didn't show what it was actually like to play the thing as a normal person.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The livestream was a lot of fun! You guys really kept your energy.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I missed the livestream but I'm guessing you guys are going to put it up on Youtube and I'm looking forward to that. The last one was a lot of fun to watch.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
You guys are great, thanks for watching! I can't really remember if we were any fun or not, but I HAD fun. It'll be uploaded to YouTube starting soon-ish but it's also all archived on twitch.

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?
I definitely had a good time whenever Courtney was talking about the New Islam Illuminati.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is there some context to give for Kasey? I don't want to be disrespectful and definitely want to learn more about the Illuminati, but she sounded a little bit like maybe she had taken some amphetamines before the interview.

I would especially like to know more about lizard people if there's a part 3 at some future point.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jack Gladney posted:

Is there some context to give for Kasey? I don't want to be disrespectful and definitely want to learn more about the Illuminati, but she sounded a little bit like maybe she had taken some amphetamines before the interview.

I would especially like to know more about lizard people if there's a part 3 at some future point.

This is just what happens when you believe in weird poo poo for bad reasons.

I used to believe in plenty of dumb things wholeheartedly and realizing how much of an rear end in a top hat I sounded like was when I decided to give a lot more thought to important beliefs.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sisyphus on Mushrooms - Let's Play 31 Years of Mario

Happy birthday, thread! :3:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
So I was talking to someone online today and he showed me something all Mario Kart pros need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBVOnT36Qw4

quote:

I was specifically trying to show the moles and bumps, etc, to show how the machine responded

Is his excuse for being bad.
He also told me he got interviewed in Nintendo Power about it if anyone wants to scour for the article.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't see it uploaded, but is there any way that you could put the Let's Talk about the Illuminati on the podcast so I can listen to the madness on the go?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How did the illuminati session come to be? was it just like "hey sis, wanna let me record your conspiracy theories for strangers?"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Real hurthling! posted:

How did the illuminati session come to be? was it just like "hey sis, wanna let me record your conspiracy theories for strangers?"

Keith needed to do it to warn his secret masters that someone was on to them, of course.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Real hurthling! posted:

We were arguing about her libertarianism and she mentioned the illuminati (the first time i'd ever heard it from her) and it was so crazy that i just said gently caress it and turned my recorder on.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can you have her do a Deus Ex let's play?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somethingdumb posted:

We were arguing about her libertarianism and she mentioned the illuminati (the first time i'd ever heard it from her) and it was so crazy that i just said gently caress it and turned my recorder on.

Doesn't she get that a strong, interventionist state would be the best protection against the Illuminati? Libertopia is basically a place where oligarchs rule openly and with total security, which is basically that conspiracy bullshit without the lizard people, schizophrenia, or coded anti-semitism. She's already telling you that 19th-century robber barons founded the Illuminati in the first place: what does she think is going to happen with less regulations or protections?

But don't worry--most clever teenagers go through a libertarian phase before learning humility at 19 or 20. Will there be a part 2?

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Jack Gladney posted:

Doesn't she get that a strong, interventionist state would be the best protection against the Illuminati? Libertopia is basically a place where oligarchs rule openly and with total security, which is basically that conspiracy bullshit without the lizard people, schizophrenia, or coded anti-semitism. She's already telling you that 19th-century robber barons founded the Illuminati in the first place: what does she think is going to happen with less regulations or protections?

But don't worry--most clever teenagers go through a libertarian phase before learning humility at 19 or 20. Will there be a part 2?

Yeah, a part 2 is coming as soon as i can record it. And no, she totally refuses to connect the absolute contradictions that are her libertarianism and her belief in the illuminati.

For context, almost all of my family (people my age included - cousins, etc) are hugely conservative to the point of libertarianism. They're also all racist and homophobic and all that fun conservative stuff. Like much of my family, she suffers from a complete lack of empathy for others, 'others' being anyone who she cannot directly identify with. Whether this will change with age, I don't know, but it hasn't for many Carberrys.

Although my mother, very excited, told me the other day that she discovered she was a democrat (she's a woman, middle class, and a teacher -- loving of course she's a democrat. I've been trying to explain that for years)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Somethingdumb posted:

Although my mother, very excited, told me the other day that she discovered she was a democrat (she's a woman, middle class, and a teacher -- loving of course she's a democrat. I've been trying to explain that for years)

Well just because your interests lie in one place doesn't mean you vote that way.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well just because your interests lie in one place doesn't mean you vote that way.

My mom votes for presidents based on which of them has the cuter dog.

No I'm not joking.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bloody hell, Americans shouldn't be allowed to do politics. It's just embarrassing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sebzilla posted:

Bloody hell, Americans shouldn't be allowed to do politics. It's just embarrassing.

Think of like the dumbest and most infuriating American you've ever seen talking about politics on TV.

That's like 80% of our population :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

deadly_pudding posted:

Think of like the dumbest and most infuriating American you've ever seen talking about politics on TV.

That's like 80% of our population :v:

Of course, it doesn't help when "politics" in this country ends and begins with talking heads on TV, statistics nobody cares about and nobody can verify, and a bunch of rich men or clever men spending thousands of dollars to convince you that they are not pieces of poo poo. Ain't nobody reading Marx or Lenin or whatever, ain't nobody reading books about political philosophies or the Prince or anything like that. Ain't nobody learning poo poo.

• Locked thread