Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
So, at first glance this just looks like bland cosplay (featured in the Globe's coverage of AnimeBoston), but then you notice the Vibrams. Why??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
He looks like Tim Heidecker.
Oh jesus those shoes.

Bad Sneakers posted:

Not only is it super loving racist, it's the most obnoxious type, because he thinks he's honoring "their" culture (100% chance he's never met anyone from whatever culture he thinks he's aping), he's just, like, a citizen of the world maaaaaan, and like, we should relax about him about having those dreads because it's just a hair style but also one time he read that book about Bob Marley so he's just, like, showing support.

Source: I live in Ithaca, NY. If it's not these rear end in a top hat it's the women walking around in those long hippie skirts with half a dozen buddha and dharma wheel tattoos. THE JIMMIES :argh:

White people with dreadlocks will never not be A/U/G, but that dude takes it to the next loving level.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Sneakers posted:

like, we should relax about him about having those dreads because it's just a hair style

It is, and in fact it's a hair style that over the course of history has been sported by many cultures.

It looks stupid on anyone of any color though so

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

thylacine posted:

As a loving fat as hell person, I used to ride bikes all the time. See, when you're riding a bike you're: 1. Using those muscles that carry your fat rear end around all day 2. While sitting, so 3. You can ride bikes all day once you get your endurance up. Unless you're racing or doing interval training or something, riding a bike isn't that great of a work-out.

Compared with running, riding a bike burns more calories over the same distance traveled. This is because your tendons store and reuse a lot of the energy when you walk, whereas they don't when you bike. You're right that biking requires different muscle groups but it's a good way to lose weight, especially if you're so fat you risk loving up your joints if you go for a run. :eng101:

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

Bundle of Keys posted:

Compared with running, riding a bike burns more calories over the same distance traveled. This is because your tendons store and reuse a lot of the energy when you walk, whereas they don't when you bike. You're right that biking requires different muscle groups but it's a good way to lose weight, especially if you're so fat you risk loving up your joints if you go for a run. :eng101:

Yeah... this is complete bullshit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr Executive posted:

Yeah... this is complete bullshit.

Yup.

Walking burns more calories.

Laterbase
May 18, 2011

Bundle of Keys posted:

Ahahahaha have you ever ran or cycled in your life?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

PCOS Bill posted:

It is, and in fact it's a hair style that over the course of history has been sported by many cultures.

Just because it looks stupid on white people doesn't mean it looks stupid on everybody. Hell white people probably could pull it off if most white people with dreads weren't associated with a filthy lifestyle.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Just because it looks stupid on white people doesn't mean it looks stupid on everybody. Hell white people probably could pull it off if most white people with dreads weren't associated with a filthy lifestyle.

Defending dreads? Post a picture of yourself being black and having dreads

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Forti posted:

That is the rules. If you defend some stupid thing on this thread, you gotta take a picture of yourself with it.

I did it with those toes shoes that link is wearing there. (and you jerk told me I look like tim Buckley).

Shwqa has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Mar 24, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Forti posted:

Or you could just google black people with dreadlocks and see that it looks very different from white people with dreadlocks. :v:

But nah, if white people can't do it no one should.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Cycling is good exercise if you stay in your aerobic heart rate/zone whatever. But if you're just pedalin' your tub rear end around at 12 mph it doesn't do much except condition you to ride 12 mph and improve your circulation.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

nutranurse posted:

Or you could just google black people with dreadlocks and see that it looks very different from white people with dreadlocks. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK0MYgnHjo

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I just got back from a 14 mile bike ride. It was a good workout and I had fun, goddamn I'm awkward.

(who really cares which is more strenuous, at least people are being active)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

Looks dumb on everyone, sorry.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I just got back from a 14 mile bike ride. It was a good workout and I had fun, goddamn I'm awkward.

Dude you need to min max your work out routine. How are going to get the max level with that attitude?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

This is the internet, you're not doing it right unless you do it exactly the same way we do it. CONFORM!

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I love how instead of saying "she wasn't into me" they call it being friend-zoned. Friends have sex all the time. I've slept with like 50% of my female friends at one point or another. In fact being friends is a great way to start a sexual relationship.

Your anime club doesn't count.

Forti
May 5, 2009

nutranurse posted:

Uh, read the RULES lately? Didn't think so. Mods?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Forti posted:

Uh, read the RULES lately? Didn't think so. Mods?

I think the rules only state if you defend a hat, you have to take a picture of yourself in said hat. Defending a hairstyle is pretty close to defending a hat, but probably still doesn't apply.

Shwqa has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Mar 24, 2014

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Shwqa posted:

That is the rules. If you defend some stupid thing on this thread, you gotta take a picture of yourself with it.

Really? Can we enforce that on these these two idiots then:

Shugojin posted:

Well if your eyes don't like contacts/you can't afford them, your basic options come down to thick frames (look even worse on most people), wire frames, or frameless (actually a little tiny thin piece of plastic). I go with wire frames because I've had the little bastard piece of plastic break and was out of glasses because you can't repair the fucker yourself :argh:

Apogee15 posted:

Yeah, thick plastic frames suck, wire frames are way better looking than them. I do prefer frameless, but wireframe isn't bad. I think it's pretty silly to hate on what the vast majority of glasses wearers use. I don't like using contacts because I think they are a hassle. Glasses don't bother me.

P.S. My frameless glasses don't have that thin piece of plastic, instead it uses a different type of glass that they can put screws into.

Seriously wireframes are loving awful. The AUG is coming from inside the thread.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

Really? Can we enforce that on these these two idiots then:

Seriously wireframes are loving awful. The AUG is coming from inside the thread.

Sorry I was misremembering the rule. It is hats only.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Kheldragar posted:

Hey guys, Jen here...

Why a tortoise?

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

Almost every single pair of glasses on sale in the optician are wireframes. They are by far the most popular and it's loving stupid to say they are all "awful" when there are so many types. I don't even loving wear glasses.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

What the heck do you consider good frames, then? Frameless glasses look kind of dorky and plastic framed glasses are hipsterish.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rakovsky maybe posted:

Jeans are the worst, only AUG incarnates wear loving jeans.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Portals posted:

What the heck do you consider good frames, then? Frameless glasses look kind of dorky and plastic framed glasses are hipsterish.

God forbid you be trendy and go with thick frames.

Gouge your eyes out, easily the best option for all parties involved!

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

You dumbfucks are going to get this thread closed again...

MutantBlue has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Mar 24, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Portals posted:

Probably the old 'if you don't wear contacts you deserve to be euphanised' approach.

Forti
May 5, 2009

But what about transition lenses?

Drilled Sausage
Oct 24, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

Probably the old 'if you don't wear contacts you deserve to be euphanised' approach.

As long as they're soft lenses. Hard contact wearers are loving subhuman garbage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SybilVimes posted:

I wear dumb NHS frames, being able to see well is more important than how they look!

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

PCOS Bill posted:

Feathers have also been worn over the course of history and has been sported in many cultures but guess what? If you're a white kid from New York City you don't get to wear a loving headdress.

content:

Bad Sneakers has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Mar 24, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Judge Tesla posted:

I wear dumb NHS frames, being able to see well is more important than how they look!

I hate you so much!!!!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Sneakers posted:

Feathers have also been worn over the course of history and has been sported in many cultures but guess what? If you're a white kid from New York City you don't get to wear a loving headdress.

content:

Is that a fleshlight-type thing in the groin of that 'person'?

Why is there a full ice-tray?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nutranurse posted:

do you really want to know?
The ice is for his nips
Who did he steal those clothes from?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

nutranurse posted:

Why is there a full ice-tray?

That person is a main character from Frozen.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Backslap posted:

Oh jesus.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Backslap posted:

then the ice goes inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
That's my guess. Or maybe in the bra.

Or both?

• Locked thread