Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Intruder posted:

Yeah badmouthing guys anonymously to try to make them drop a bit in the draft is probably a thing
It's absolutely a thing and they're playing people like pianos right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just a reminder that we still have a month and a week before we actually know for certain what's going to happen in the draft.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Doltos posted:

I'd do it. 3 chances to find your franchise QB plus a healthy competition to boot!
Plus since BOB's from the Belichick coaching tree, there's a good chance he can flip any one of those guys to a terrible team for a 1st rounder in the future.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What ever happened to Jackson Jeffcoat?

Wasn't he at one point the best pass-rusher in the country?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

John Brown posted:

What ever happened to Jackson Jeffcoat?

Wasn't he at one point the best pass-rusher in the country?

He's still in discussion and is an exceptional pass rusher. Should be a second round pick.

He was a top rated prospect coming out so I guess you could say at one point in time he was the best pass rusher in the country for his level.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Doltos posted:

Just a reminder that we still have a month and a week before we actually know for certain what's going to happen in the draft.

Don't rub it in :(

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Anyone know much about Marqueston Huff, Charles Sims, or Will Clarke? Apparently the Bears gave them private work outs at their pro days.

Huff and Clarke seem to definitely have the measurables Emery loves.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Yeah badmouthing guys anonymously to try to make them drop a bit in the draft is probably a thing

Definitely, but this isn't an anonymous quote? Which is kind of the entire loving point?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

DupaDupa posted:

Anyone know much about Marqueston Huff, Charles Sims, or Will Clarke? Apparently the Bears gave them private work outs at their pro days.

Huff and Clarke seem to definitely have the measurables Emery loves.

Leave Clarke alone! He's going to be the Chiefs third round pick!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bhsman posted:

Definitely, but this isn't an anonymous quote? Which is kind of the entire loving point?

The Texans aren't trying to get anyone to drop, though. If anything this seems more designed to maybe scare someone into trading up to the first pick

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

The Texans aren't trying to get anyone to drop, though. If anything this seems more designed to maybe scare someone into trading up to the first pick

I could see that, but if that were the case, why talk about all the QBs having little separation instead of talking up a certain prospect? If, for example, the Browns are in love with Teddy after his 4-hour meeting with Parcells, and were convinced they had to trade up for him, they aren't going to feel compelled to trade up with Houston if they don't think they'll take him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Man you are being played like a fiddle right now. Don't just think about the #1 pick, think about the #33 pick as well. Now teams that thought they could sit back and let the next group of QBs come to them in the 2nd round have to think about this, and may have to trade up into the 1st. This is all mindgame poo poo. And it's accepted and everyone expects it. That's the fun part of all of this.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 24, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Quest For Glory II posted:

Man you are being played like a fiddle right now. Don't just think about the #1 pick, think about the #33 pick as well. Now teams that thought they could sit back and let the next group of QBs come to them in the 2nd round have to think about this, and may have to trade up into the 1st. This is all mindgame poo poo.

I think the #33 pick is definitely in play, but short of a king's ransom I think Houston will be picking at #1

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mindgame poo poo that's making us talk about the Texans opportunities at the #1 again which is absolutely dominating all draft talk both on these message boards and on every draft website.

I liked it better when the Dolphins were picking and everyone knew they wanted Jake Long.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At this time of the process it was pretty much between jake long and chris long

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I miss Teddy vs. Jadeveon. Anyone else makes me squirm.

Why did you gently caress up that pro day Teddy, why?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The pro day is super important. Aaron Rodgers had an off pro day and we all know how he turned out.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The pro day is super important. Aaron Rodgers had an off pro day and we all know how he turned out.

A bad pro day turns you into a photo bomber? :aaaaa:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Trust me if we go QB I want Teddy. I'm afraid of them being charmed by the Borts.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If Teddy gets drafted to sit behind a vet for a few years, sure? Anyone drafted in the top five will probably have to start.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rodgers pro day was bad but the reason he wasn't drafted 1st overall was because he wasn't exceptionally good coming out. He was a Tedford QB that didn't display the same game that we know Rodgers for now.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It's comments like that that motivated Aaron Rodgers to become the player he is.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DangerKat posted:

It's comments like that that motivated Aaron Rodgers to become the player he is.

And if it wasn't then he would have invented it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PrinceRandom posted:

Trust me if we go QB I want Teddy. I'm afraid of them being charmed by the Borts.

The borts sounds like a disease that killed colonial Europeans and had symptoms of horrible diarrhea and dick rot. He's a born Jaguar.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2014/03/dissecting-dion-jordans-2013-season-part-2-outside-linebacker.html

Some Eagles blogger broke down Dion Jordan

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Observe! Comp picks are out: http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/03-24-14-compensatory-picks.pdf

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
A 4th for Patrick Chung, lol rad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Glover Quin should have been worth a third :(

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Magicpants posted:

What in the gently caress

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

This all but confirms San Fran will trade their original third pick at #94. Get ready for trade-a-palooza

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Steelers got a 3rd for Wallace, 5th for Lewis and a 6th for I guess a combination of Mundy & Mendenhall.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Cool, Pittsburgh gets the top of the order for them in the 3rd and 5th.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens got a 4th for Cary Williams too. They're ridiculously generous this year.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Steelers got a 3rd for Wallace, 5th for Lewis and a 6th for I guess a combination of Mundy & Mendenhall.

Awesome, the 6th is really unexpected. Was hoping for the outside chance of a 4th for Lewis though

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The NFL posted:

NFL CLUB SUMMARY OF COMPENSATORY DRAFT PICKS, 1994-2014 *

Baltimore 41
Dallas 33
Green Bay 33
Philadelphia 30
Tennessee *** 30
St. Louis ** 30
Pittsburgh 29
New England 27
Buffalo 26
NY Giants 23
San Francisco 23
Cincinnati 22
Indianapolis 20
Seattle 20
Detroit 19
Jacksonville 19
Atlanta 18
San Diego 18
Tampa Bay 18
Chicago 17
Miami 17
Minnesota 17
Oakland 17
Arizona 16
Kansas City 15
Carolina 14
NY Jets 13
Washington 12
New Orleans 10
Denver 9
Houston 9
Cleveland 6

A two year penalty and still leading the pack. Ozzie loving loves comp picks.

Though I don't know if we've ever got a good player out of one.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets getting a good haul with four compensatory picks, one fourth and three sixth rounders.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Magicpants posted:

e: lol

quote:

"Just average," is how one NFC personnel exec described this QB class. "The kid from Central Florida (Blake Bortles) has a chance to be really good. (Johnny) Manziel scares me -- he's 50-50. (Teddy) Bridgewater reminds me a little of Byron Leftwich, in that he's a little soft. (Derek) Carr's just good. You take one of them in the third round, you're happy with that.
These smokescreens are just incredible. now calling them third round prospects, a year after every scout said this class would be amazing. I can't wait to see how many anonymous executives call Winston, Mariota and Hundley terrible this time next year!! Never a good QB prospect ever again

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 25, 2014

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

To be fair, if Mariota had declared it would really be different.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

smuggler posted:

To be fair, if Mariota had declared it would really be different.

Yeah, it would reshuffle the QB order behind Manziel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

No way. They'd call him average too. Average arm. Not comfortable in the pocket. They'd call him a second day pick too. That's how the game is played now.

• Locked thread