Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

plasticbugs posted:

I'm RGB modding my NES this week (hopefully it doesn't take longer than a week)! To celebrate, I would like to give away this still-sealed CD (below) which I nabbed from the free stuff pile here at work -- I work for a video game magazine publisher, so our free stuff pile is pretty cool sometimes.

Because the thread discussion recently turned to Chrono Trigger music, I thought it would be appropriate to give this thing away to a good home here. I would ask some obscure Chrono Trigger trivia, but I'm not that creative. First one to call dibs here in the thread gets it. Shipping's on me.

I believe that this CD was a Chrono Trigger DS preorder bonus.

EDIT: first dibber needs to PM me their mailing address. US only please (sorry!)

Interested. Sent you a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
That's pretty drat cool. I hope a serious CT fan gets to call dibs. :)

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

plasticbugs posted:

I'm RGB modding my NES this week (hopefully it doesn't take longer than a week)! To celebrate, I would like to give away this still-sealed CD (below) which I nabbed from the free stuff pile here at work -- I work for a video game magazine publisher, so our free stuff pile is pretty cool sometimes.

Because the thread discussion recently turned to Chrono Trigger music, I thought it would be appropriate to give this thing away to a good home here. I would ask some obscure Chrono Trigger trivia, but I'm not that creative. First one to call dibs here in the thread gets it. Shipping's on me.

I believe that this CD was a Chrono Trigger DS preorder bonus.

EDIT: first dibber needs to PM me their mailing address. US only please (sorry!)

This looks amazing and I'm sorry I missed it.

e. Looks like they're still on eBay for cheap. Guess I know what I'm getting next paycheck!

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 24, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

al-azad posted:

So Virtua Racing was like 100 bux new but going by old magazine ads it was being sold used at $50 not even a couple months later. That's still the price of a new game but Sega got crazy in the twilight years of the Genesis.

SNES games were getting pretty pricey late in that consoles life as well. I distinctly remember Mario RPG and Kirby Super Star being significantly more expensive than anything else for the system when they came out, which is why I didn't own my own copy of Mario RPG until 2008 and still don't have Kirby Super Star.

The one thing I liked about my PS1 over my N64 was the games being so, so much cheaper. N64 games usually ran at least twice the price as a PS1 game. In fact, that's still true of both systems today for the most part.

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin

BisterdDave posted:

Interested. Sent you a PM.

You're first. As long as you're in the US, it's yours. Enjoy! You can hear what's on this CD here.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

plasticbugs posted:

You're first. As long as you're in the US, it's yours. Enjoy! You can hear what's on this CD here.

My brother has had this CD in his bathroom CD player (laughing with him not at him) for years and I fully support its awesomeness.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Oh wow I had no idea about the Sega Classics Collection, I thought all we got here was the usual "here's a bunch of roms" zero-effort compilation stuff. I'll have to look out for that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

absolutely anything posted:

Oh wow I had no idea about the Sega Classics Collection, I thought all we got here was the usual "here's a bunch of roms" zero-effort compilation stuff. I'll have to look out for that.

Yeah, they decided to skip the zero-effort ROM compilation and give us a mostly zero-effort remake collection instead!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Bonanza Bros is just as good as it ever was (as in, not very).

I will fight you.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

absolutely anything posted:

I'm still mad as h*ck that they never got around to the Phantasy Star 4 remake, because they were gonna bundle 1, 2 and 4 for the US.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Silhouette posted:

I'm still mad as h*ck that they never got around to the Phantasy Star 4 remake, because they were gonna bundle 1, 2 and 4 for the US.

Is Phantasy Star 3 really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? It gets left out of lists quite often, it seems. I've never played it, so I'm honestly asking the question.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Is Phantasy Star 3 really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? It gets left out of lists quite often, it seems. I've never played it, so I'm honestly asking the question.

It had some pretty neat ideas, but it's not a very good game at all. I still like it, but..yeah.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FrumpleOrz posted:

It's not just that it's bad, it's also because it barely resembles a Phantasy Star game.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there an American bias against JRPGs with first-person battle layouts? (PS, DQ/DW, etc.) Dragon Warrior seemed to have a K-Mart-brand reputation here in the US until the latter games, no one ever talked about Phantasy Star here, and Europeans never had a choice in JRPGs. :v:

When I see a first-person perspective on a battle screen in an RPG I immediately think of a hundred bad RPG Maker 2000 games.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You forgot to list the Mother series as well.

I think it has less to do with the perspective itself and more to do with some very love-it-or-hate-it gameplay elements or, in the case of Earthbound, atrocious marketing.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

flyboi posted:

Hurray! Mail day!

This is rad as hell. If you ever do a video of game play or anything, post it here. Also, to the goon who asked about the S-video cable, the TV I'm using it with is an LCD.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Welp just placed an order for a second multicart for the MVS.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pcs-Of-Neo-Geo-120-In-1-SNK-MVS-Game-Board-Game-PCB-for-Arcade/375859464.html

Sure it's kinda stupid to get another when you already have one but this one has Twinkle Star Sprites AND Magical Drop 3 on it. Worth it to save the 400-500 I'd have to drop for those two games. Also if you're looking for a multicart that guy is selling 150 and 160-in-1s as well.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bing the Noize posted:

I got asked to make an effort post on Pop'n Music. Look forward to it!

It's gonna go in here unless someone tells me it better go somewhere else.

Yessss do it, Pop'n rules, it's like Beatmania only it's friendlier when it tells you you suck!

Also ASC krew represent:

It's dusty as hell, I really need to set it up and play some more.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
The post is almost ready, but I hope you have Omrons and 400g springs in that poo poo.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bing the Noize posted:

The post is almost ready, but I hope you have Omrons and 400g springs in that poo poo.

It's all exactly as I bought it still, it needs a serious clean up and upgrade, and the red button sticks a little sometimes. I am a bad and negligent ASC owner.

e. and I really want to wire up LEDs into them buttons too

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Code Jockey posted:

It's all exactly as I bought it still, it needs a serious clean up and upgrade, and the red button sticks a little sometimes. I am a bad and negligent ASC owner.

e. and I really want to wire up LEDs into them buttons too

You can get Arcin boards for like $50 shipped from Finland to the USA, or USBemani v2's when the v2's are released, probably will be about the same price. What's nice about both those though is they're drop in replacements for the DJDao boards and have way nicer/faster USB controllers as well as being able to power the LED's off of 5V from a single usb cable (I know the newer DAO's have a second female USB cable to power the lights and that's dumb, i've even seen the old lovely Ransais and stuff that had D battery clips inside the controller or wall plugs, just awful)

But yeah you can use those boards to build basically anything Bemani or music controller related short of a DDR pad. I have two in the mail from Finland right now and can't wait to replace the lovely Dao board with it. I've used other people's IIDX and Pop'n controllers with the Arcin before and it plainly owns bones. If you want/need help tracking them down just send me a PM

PS If you wanna go all out with the repairs I can find the shops in Japan that sell the more expensive arcade style domes and replacement springs. As for the switches just grab some Omron V-10-1A5. The V-15-1A5 will also work fine but is like a dollar more a piece (higher power rating).

Clickable pic of arcin board inside a IIDX controller:

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 25, 2014

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

The Orange Mage posted:

Is there an American bias against JRPGs with first-person battle layouts? (PS, DQ/DW, etc.) Dragon Warrior seemed to have a K-Mart-brand reputation here in the US

Where are you from that all these really popular games have "K-Mart" reputations? That's the second time you've suggested an absolutely massive series was shovelware/considered shovelware

EDIT: I've never met anyone who finds the first person battle perspective in an RPG an indicator of low quality

EDIT2: In the NES days the DQ games were popular enough to have 1-4 get released here and they were very well regarded and widely recognized as the best RPGs for the NES, by US fans, magazines, etc. I'm not a fan of DQ and have never beaten a single one but I'm old enough to remember those days, they've always had the opposite of a K-Mart reputation

d0s fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 25, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

d0s posted:

Where are you from that all these really popular games have "K-Mart" reputations? That's the second time you've suggested an absolutely massive series was shovelware/considered shovelware

EDIT: I've never met anyone who finds the first person battle perspective in an RPG an indicator of low quality

EDIT2: In the NES days the DQ games were popular enough to have 1-4 get released here and they were very well regarded and widely recognized as the best RPGs for the NES, by US fans, magazines, etc. I'm not a fan of DQ and have never beaten a single one but I'm old enough to remember those days, they've always had the opposite of a K-Mart reputation

Opinions changed on this during the mid-to-late 90s when Final Fantasy got huge and we stopped getting Dragon Quest games until VII. I remember being disappointed with Dragon Quest Monsters because the static first person perspective was so bland. Pokemon wasn't particularly impressive but at least the sprites moved! Even Dragon Quest VII received a "meh" reaction from me because the graphics were hideous. RPGs were growing up rapid speed in the West and the dated design of the Dragon Quest esque games just didn't cut it anymore. You're talking about a game that came out after Parasite Eve, Final Fantasy 7-9, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, and Koudelka. Even the smaller RPGs like Grandia and Wild Arms were doing cooler things than games with plain first person battle systems.

I really don't understand how Dragon Quest stayed consistently popular over the years when it's built around the most conservative, unflinching designs I've seen in an RPG series. It's no wonder Americans ignored Dragon Quest after its NES days and it's a surprise DQVII reached us at all. My opinion differs on DQVIII, which is fantastic, but I didn't find any enjoyment in the series until I was much older and started playing the games casually on their handheld releases. I won't ever finish DQVII unless we get the 3DS version and I don't see that happening.

Also, here's a hilarious review stub for Earthbound.

Video Games & Computer Entertainment, July 1995 posted:

Earthbound is not a bad game if you like "cuteness". In fact, with a little violence and some more menacing weapons and creatures, this would have been an excellent RPG. Sadly, all Earthbound has to offer is a Barney-esque romp in a McDonald's playground.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Welcome to a new instalment of ACID POLICE(tm) effortposts. In the past I have brought you great posts such as the Famicom Mahjong effortpost and many noteworthy one-liners. Today I am here to tell you about the most wonderful music game that ever happened. I have been asked to share my knowledge of the Pop'ns, and so our story begins at a location test somewhere in Japan, summer 1998, into a world with gameplay so good you'll think you're in heaven but fanart so bad you'll think it was Sonic based...

The Legend of Mimi, Nyami, and the 9 Colored Hamburgers: Pop'n Music

Pop'n Music: you may have heard of it, you may have seen it and been intrigued and wished you could slap hamburgers like a madman, you may have even seen one in public but were too nervous to showcase your lack on skills in the arcade. You may have seen it in an arcade or game room where :spergin: serious Bemani players :spergin: lined up to play IIDX while a group of girls surrounded the Pop'n machine (Pop'n has definitely earned a reputation as the choice Bemani of women next to DDR. It's because of the domes).

However, what started as a cutesy and more inviting counterpart for Beatmania for children and couples (but mostly couples because music games are romantic as gently caress) took over in its own way and has, along with Beatmania IIDX, never lost its popularity in Japan/Asia. If you saw it you'd scoff, but if you were faced with the gameplay you wouldn't be laughing.

But ACID! What IS Pop'n Music? Looks like a dumb anime game for children.

Maybe you want to know how to play Pop'n or what it's all about before you keep reading. Luckily, since Konami owns, all their old sites are up, so here is a visual guide from the Pop'n Music 5th site.

Obvious enough, right?

So why Pop'n over DDR or Beatmania? Well, the allure is unmistakable. Crazy strange controllers, exciting but inviting gameplay, easy to learn but painful to master. On top of that, it actually had a couple decent portable versions. If you were familiar with Bemani in its heydey, when there were like 25 different Bemani games on the market, many of which weren't luckily enough to have more than 1 or 2 mixes, you'd be familiar with many other innovative games that didn't make the cut (RIP DanceManiax/ParaParaParadise). Just look at a Pop'n controller and you'll know why.

Look at those fuckin' domes. If you don't want to smash the h*ck out of them like a damned fool while cute characters dance as little hamburgers float down the screen, I don't know what to tell you. Pop'n might just not be for you. DDR is fun because you hit the arrows and you do a sweet dance and look smooth. Beatmania is fun because it's like you're playing the song live to a giant crowd. But Pop'n... once you finally get your muscle memory down, you're just slapping buttons like wild. Imagine yourself hunched over the Pop'n machine as upbeat music blares at you while your hands rapid-fire shoot all over the place CLACKA CLACKA CLACKin' like there's no tomorrow.

It also had a PSP version which, although I've never played it once, I know it was always very popular and managed to keep the 9 button layout down, and brought back 5 button as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmSvuiE0mG0

What else sets apart Pop'n from all other Bemanis? Aside from the obvious visual differences and larger number of buttons than any other Bemani (except Keyboardmania), the gameplay honestly wasn't very far off from IIDX at all but the experience of Pop'n Music wasn't like anything else. It was full of bright colors, adorable characters, an even wider variety of genres than other games, but above all, more hectic than musical whack-a-mole if you weren't playing Battle mode (which gives each person only 3 usable buttons).

It's also worth noting the buttons are not mapped to instruments like Beatmania or whatever other game. You just keep on poppin' and the song keeps going. The whole interface is more relaxed. You have a lot more time to pick your special options and the game has a much friendlier feel to it, at least until you get overwhelmed with Pop-kuns to pop and you fail. At least it's nice about you failing and will let you finish your song so you aren't shut down partway through your first song when things aren't going so well.

It also has a ton of modes for more challenging play when you get better at it. Some earlier arcade versions had modes meant for 2 or 3 people to play a song at one cooperatively, sometimes resulting in combos where all 9 buttons had to get pressed at once, and of course it became a popular thing to play these courses by yourself because Japan. But there are tons of other things, similar to the modifiers in other Bemani games. However where IIDX and DDR and others have a bunch of modifiers for you to choose from there are only the basics in Pop'n (speed adjustment, random notes, hidden and sudden), but there are also a ton of ojamas which are specific to Pop'n.

Ojamas are basically distractions. You can choose from an enormous list of like 30 or 40 possible distractions. Some are simple as switching around the order of notes in your game, maybe randomly hiding or blanking out colors, or evil as literally flooding the screen with slightly different speed Pop-kuns, forcing you to either become a master of sightreading or memorization

Also important to Pop'n Music is the giant list of characters. It mainly revolves around best friends Mimi the rabbit and Nyami the cat, some true killas you don't want to gently caress with. Mimi and Nyami are best friends and do everything together. There is also a boy character named MZD, he has some affiliation with the devil and is part DJ and part Pop'n Master.

Mimi and Nyami in Sunny Park!
Nyami and Nyami in Pop'n 5! I fuckin love the baggy outfits and giant sneakers from the old ones.
Mimi and Nyami in Pop'n 3!
Mimi and Nyami in Pop'n the first (or second)!

Pop'n has way, way more characters than any other Bemanis do. In any of the other ones, at most they're characters you see during music select screens or during songs, and that is of course where you see them in Pop'n too, but every song has its own character, and there are always 2 characters on screen. If it's not Mimi and Nyami, it might be Mimi or Nyami and the character you're battling, be it the song's character or the other person you're playing with.

New mixes have been released (almost) every year. The latest version is Sunny Park which came out at the end of 2012, and Pop'n #22 Lapistoria is coming out soon. At the height of it and Beatmania's popularity, it even had a version that was a DDR-Pop'n hybrid called "Pop'n Stage" which had only got 2 mixes total and consisted of two wild pads where every panel was a button.

For you weird controller fetishists, it had a short-lived PC version called the Pop'n Music Be-Mouse - half mouse, half game controller! The gameplay obviously was not very good and like with any Windows based Bemani, it was not known for reliability. I haven't had the chance to play this and I really should have got a Be-Mouse while Surugaya will still around. All I can tell you though is that as sweet as it looks, you aren't missing out on too much.

:hellyeah:

Oh poo poo there's no arcades near me with this, it's not 2000 anymore and I missed the boat. I wish I knew about this when it was hot IT STILL IS HOT FOOL especially out east! People still love this poo poo and play it everywhere. The simplicity of making arcade style controllers made it a fad for a while, as the consumer vesions of Pop'n (PS2 ones especially) were ridiculously popular in their time, rivaling home Beatmania sales. I don't have sales figures to base this on but Pop'n had even more variations than IIDX did, I think. It's not hard to play at home and get into the Pop'n lifestyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtS5msMrH0

POP'N AT HOME: CONSOLES

Pop'n Music, like with Beatmania, got consumer releases of almost all the versions that came out in arcades. Since most Bemani arcade hardware up until a few years into the PS2's life was PlayStation based, PSX got most home ports. 1-4 came out on Dreamcast as well and you can find used Dreamcast controllers out in the wild, but they dropped the DC at 4, so 5-6 as well as Animation Melody and Disney Mix were PSX only. 7-14 and Best Hits came out on PS2, but there haven't been any home releases since then, unless you count Beat'n Groovy :v: There were a couple Game Boy and Wii releases as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t9IUDua3eo

My recommendation to you if you are dabbling in Pop'n is grab the PSP one or a PSX/PS2 and try and play it with a normal controller or map it to a keyboard. If you have a PSP, the Portable ones are legitimately good and playable. If you are willing to spend some money to try it out and can't possibly get to an arcade with one, you could go ahead and order one of the official Playstation Konami controllers (AKA the Pop'n Minicon) like so many Japanese children played on back in the day, but they're tiny and don't have big ol' domes you can smash with your whole hand.

I want to get Pop'n CHEAP AND ASAP! Help me out here! Cool man~ Here's a flowchart to help you out!
Since this post is a sprawling jumble of 6am thoughts, i made a flowchart to help budding Poppers figure out how they wanna play the game

If you are serious about wanting to play Pop'n Music, a lot of it is just getting the feel for it. You kinda have to use your whole hand and arms and stuff. As you play and get used to it, it all feels very natural. I played a poo poo ton of Bemanis from the late 90s to mid 2000s, stopped for a long time and started playing again recently - I am still trying to get past 5's on Beatmania IIDX but I can beat low 30's on Pop'n Music. I play a lot more Pop'n than IIDX and am probably better at DDR than both but I always though Pop'n came to me easier. That said, a lot of high level IIDX players at the arcade I go to have been noticing I'm getting better than them at Pop'n really fast but not really getting much better very fast at IIDX...

POP'N CONTROLLERS

- Brokest way to pop some musics

Like I said before, Konami's more popular official controller variant was not very big or arcadelike. Homemade arcade style controllers are pretty common because it's not too hard to do. The most common problems with homemade arcade style controllers is most use cheap lovely buttons which work but aren't like the ones the arcade uses. A lot of these cheaper buttons don't have anywhere for a real microswitch to mount, or even if they do, they're like half the height of the arcade ones and don't have nice spring to them. The Konami arcade style controllers, unlike the ASCs for their other Bemani games, is kinda garbage, it's hollow plastic and doesn't even use microswitches. As with IIDX, the best way to go is to get import a DJDao controller, which will let you use it with USB on your computer or PSX/PS2. I have a DJDao myself fitted with a replacement PCB (arcin v1.1) and the same 200g springs the arcades use. The DJDao however works and looks just like the arcade one, has the good buttons and all. If you are gonna use a DJDao with a PSX/PS2 mainly it's fine stock but if you wanna use it on the computer mostly I would absolutely say the board upgrade is worth it. That said, if you really care, regardless of whether it's a DJDao or not you should consider getting a Arcin or USBemani just to get working LED's without doing stupid bullshit.

It's not too hard to build yourself a controller. The worst is getting/making a box to put it all in and cutting the holes for the buttons. You could do it for under $150 certainly.

- This you would be able to find for DC or PSX and around ~$50.
- Example of a Minicon next to a homemade ASC with the "cheap buttons"
- The hollow plastic Konami ASC chamber of reverberation
- The glorious DJ Dao in all its glory, complete with total poo poo I/O board

I dunno what else to say about Pop'n. Maybe I'll edit some more stuff in if I think about it. tl;dr should you play Pop'n? Yes, unless you suck, hate fun, or think this game is too threatening to your masculinity.

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 26, 2014

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Now I feel bad for not getting into that back in my DDR days. Although it may be a good way to to bring some nostalgia without destroying my knees.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of rhythm games (although slightly newer than most things in this thread), if you're sad you missed the boat on the arcade-sized Hatsune Miku PS3 controller (that you had to pre-order and they only made 2000 of) there's one on eBay now and has been for a while!

Only $1188USD! Hasn't sold yet, can't imagine why (I think the "new" price was 35k yen, or $350USDish).

I mean sure, you could pay 9700 yen for the perfectly-serviceable smaller controller for scrubs, I guess. You scrub.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, because of the talk of the Sega Classic Collection I thought I'd knock together a quick video showing off the different games in it. That "quick video" rapidly became a bit of an ordeal but here's the finished video.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Great, now I'm wanting to play Pop'n Music again. The only time I got to play an actual machine was at a convention a few years ago and it was a blast. I had to stand in line behind a guy dressed up as Jesus while he rocked the game. God, my lady will kill me if I start importing Japanese controllers to play a single game...

Also, I think I must be the only one who actually likes playing Beat'n Groovy. It was a fun diversion! STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Random Stranger posted:

Well, because of the talk of the Sega Classic Collection I thought I'd knock together a quick video showing off the different games in it. That "quick video" rapidly became a bit of an ordeal but here's the finished video.

I have this collection too but I don't like it because the 3D makeover makes all of the games look like trash.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

FrumpleOrz posted:

God, my lady will kill me if I start importing Japanese controllers to play a single game...

She won't if it's Pop'n. Exceptions are easily formed for Pop'n.

Should mention homemade asc might sell on eBay for 140 or less

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Just a heads up. There are two video game soundtrack releases this year for Record Store Day

Power Glove - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDutViIj-8

Anamanaguchi - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World:The Game (Orig. Videogame Soundtrack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDf-TvB7pU

Just in case you are like me and have several :retrogames: hobbies. It's nice to combine the two. Not really retrogames, but you fucks are the target audience.

There is truly nothing more :retrogames: than paying out of the rear end for analogue equipment, then paying out of the rear end for a digitally created vinyl record to play on said equipment. I hate myself most days.

midge fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 25, 2014

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Goddamn I miss Pop N Music. And Arcades.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:siren::siren::siren:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

SPIN UP THE GROUPBUY ENGINES!

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
That son of a bitch KRIKzz just said on twitter the GB Everdrive will be on sale next couple days.

Uhhhh!!!!!!! gently caress! Decisions!

Edit: okay you all saw. I still have those shells ready to go. Welllll I guess since I already have the shells and labels for GB everdrive set it won't be too much work for me... Gah maybe could get them about same time as SNES ones or get him to combine them since they haven't shipped yet

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 25, 2014

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Bing the Noize posted:

That son of a bitch KRIKzz just said on twitter the GB Everdrive will be on sale next couple days.

Uhhhh!!!!!!! gently caress! Decisions!

Edit: okay you all saw. I still have those shells ready to go. Welllll I guess since I already have the shells and labels for GB everdrive set it won't be too much work for me... Gah maybe could get them about same time as SNES ones or get him to combine them since they haven't shipped yet

Official thread decision: gently caress SNES, get $$$$ (GB Everdrive).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Send everyone a GB Everdrive and a Super Game Boy. Bam, two flash carts, problem solved.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Agrias120 posted:

I took everybody's money and I placed the order! I'm not just canceling SNES groupbuy :(

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

univbee posted:

Send everyone a GB Everdrive and a Super Game Boy. Bam, two flash carts, problem solved.

I support this decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please mail me the things I ordered also a SNES controller.

• Locked thread