Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

I recall it had some pretty severe camera issues during combat, too.

I never encountered any except in one or two instances. For this type of free movement world it's pretty much par for the course for some people to have small fuckups.

There weren't any systemic issues in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Web of Shadows has some pretty cool moments and by far and away the best combat out of any Spider-Man game. It's easily the only Spider-Man game that really nails how he fights.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Chickenfrogman posted:

Web of Shadows has some pretty cool moments and by far and away the best combat out of any Spider-Man game. It's easily the only Spider-Man game that really nails how he fights.

I just saw some videos of the early game. I really like the breakdancing on the sides of buildings. The next time I see a copy I'm picking it up.

Only downside I'm seeing is Peter's VA sounds really whiny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I just saw some videos of the early game. I really like the breakdancing on the sides of buildings. The next time I see a copy I'm picking it up.

Only downside I'm seeing is Peter's VA sounds really whiny.

Most of the VAs are terrible and so is the plot but in a fun stupid way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The game opens with Peter being EXTREMELY whiny.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

The game opens with Peter being EXTREMELY whiny.

Hey, man. He's gone through some stuff, okay?

I love that launch trailer for WoS. It's so...:sweatdrop::respek::cool:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Now that my vacation is over, I can post more stuff.

I found a 3 minute, 10 second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=437-_Hy2YOY

The person who posted this is claiming it's from the Xbox 360 version however, these look like the actual ASM 2 scenes from the walkthrough video.

Either way, someone is ALSO claiming that Beenox is working more on the 360/PS3 version of the game instead of working on the Xbone/PS4 version. This is most likely true because Activision rarely ever ports down for cross-platform games if it's all from the same developer. Beenox already said that the PS3 and PS4 versions are identical so I'd say that they most likely just ported up from last-gen to current-gen.

Not sure if this is from the 360 version but, hey, if you wanted to know which was from ASM 1 and which was from ASM 2, here you go. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7OBu8jGtms

Well, the game screenshots and videos that we've been shown so far ARE from the Xbox 360/PS3 version of ASM 2. Beenox told Greg Miller from IGN that not only are the video clips they showed recently are from the 360/PS3 version, they're also focusing on the 360/PS3 version moreso than the One/PS4 version. This would explain why Beenox stated on Twitter that the game will be identical between the two generations of consoles.

According to Greg, who got to play the 360 version at GDC, the game doesn't look very good to him but it's still a fun game. The swinging is completely changed from all other Beenox Spider-Man games and can be tough to get used to, but once you do it's fun. Overall, the game is more of an updated Amazing Spider-Man.

Each suit (there are 15 in total...this info coming from the walkthrough video) can be upgraded just like Spider-Man himself.

As for the game itself, it's a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man the Video Game and is parallel to the ASM 2 movie and sometimes crosses over with events during it but, overall, isn't a straight up story rip as it does it's own thing. ASM 1 was separate from the movie in that it was set after the events of it but had it's own Rhino and everything.

Basically, I'd just call the ASM games nothing more than a What If? on the franchise that Sony is trying to (re)build.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 25, 2014

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I liked ASM quite a bit for what it was. Sure, it was Arkham-lite, but it was fun. I was probably going to pick up ASM2 anyway, but hearing that Beenox is returning to the SM2 webswinging mechanics makes it a must-buy for me. Also, hopefully they keep the realtime suit damage from the first game. I loved that.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Sef! posted:

I liked ASM quite a bit for what it was. Sure, it was Arkham-lite, but it was fun. I was probably going to pick up ASM2 anyway, but hearing that Beenox is returning to the SM2 webswinging mechanics makes it a must-buy for me. Also, hopefully they keep the realtime suit damage from the first game. I loved that.

They most likely will. It was a big thing in ASM 1 and in Edge of Time.

Beenox also confirmed on their Twitter that a new ASM 2 game trailer will be coming this Thursday.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Again, don't mean to do a double-post but the actual walkthrough trailer is out today along with two articles and the Iron Spider costume and abilities for it.
First off, the final preorder costume's look and bonuses have been revealed.

The Amazing Spider-Man Video Game on Facebook posted:

The Iron Spider armor enhances Spidey’s natural abilities with cutting-edge technology! In-game abilities include:
• DURABILITY: Any damage towards Spider-Man is reduced
• FIRE RESISTANCE: Fire damage is reduced
• BALLISTIC RESISTANCE: Damage caused by ballistic weapons are reduced

I like this exchange from Beenox to a fan:

Khalid Brooks: Not trying to be funny but if we have a spider-sense why would I need to worry about bullets? Shouldn't I be able to dodge them?
The Amazing Spider-Man Game: Spider-sense or no, even Spidey takes a hit once in a while. In fact, it happens in the comic where he dons this armor for the very first time (ASM #529). If you haven't read it, check it out! It's a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_JJzq5BCqo

This walkthrough is using the PS4 version and shows nothing but gameplay for 5 minutes, 31 seconds. It looks like the whole reason we're able to play as Peter is due to fans constantly asking for it. Thanks to the video, we have a look at a few more suits from the game.

• Superior Spider-Man (second version, seen in Superior Spider-Man #14)
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Amazing Spider-Man (2012 movie)
  • Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  • Vigilante (2012 movie, before he makes his suit)
  • The Hornet
  • Flipside
  • Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
  • Big Time
  • Ricochet

There's one suit on there that I'm not sure what it is, black and yellow that looks like Big Time but it's not, you can see it at 2:33 in the video. Anyway, this is 10 out of the 15 suits the game has (not counting the four preorder suits).

Thee was an interview with PlayStation Lifestyle.net and gave some interesting answers. It's a small article, but I won't post everything. Some key points are:

• While they are fans of Treyarch's run with Spider-Man, Beenox didn't really use Spider-Man 2 as inspiration. Instead, the game they focused on with ASM 2 is ASM 1.
  • The city is the same size as the first Amazing Spider-Man but with more in it. A lot of the story takes place outside instead of mostly indoors as ASM 1 did.
  • The only real changes between PS3 and PS4 are graphical and it will support PS VITA Remote Play.
  • Beenox didn't really work with Sony Pictures on anything from the game and opted to do things their own way, making the story separate. They worked more with Marvel than Sony.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/26/the-amazing-spider-man-2-interview/

Finally, Beenox also did an interview with PlayStation.com:

Beenox posted:

You’ll notice the combat scenario we show off in the video takes place in an open, outdoor environment. We’ve got this great wide world to play with in Manhattan, and we thought it would be a shame to just restrict you to a series of linear corridors. That’s not fun for you or for us. So indoors and out, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tries to give you legroom, with enough space to explore and experiment.

As you can see in the combat section of the walkthrough, you can go wherever you want in this area, which really frees you up to do whatever you want, too, from stealth prowess to up-close-and-personal combat, and we’ve expanded Spidey’s skill set to reflect that.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/27/the-amazing-spider-man-2-ps4-video-walkthrough/

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 27, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The combat still looks like the same kind of crappy, low-rent Arkham ripoff, but everything else is pretty impressive. Hope the bigger outdoor missions doesn't just mean two buildings next to each other like that. It's also difficult to judge whether there's any weight to the swinging; a lot of the feel is going to come down to the controls. It looks much better than the first game, that's for sure, but we have yet to see if the general mission design has improved. Hopefully there are no gargantuan lovely sewer levels.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 27, 2014

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
At least the Spider-Sense alert when an enemy's gonna attack is in a brighter color. In the first game it would get drowned out by all the fighting. I hope the stealth prompts and Web Rush aren't as finicky as in ASM1.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

The combat still looks like the same kind of crappy, low-rent Arkham ripoff, but everything else is pretty impressive. Hope the bigger outdoor missions doesn't just mean two buildings next to each other like that. It's also difficult to judge whether there's any weight to the swinging; a lot of the feel is going to come down to the controls. It looks much better than the first game, that's for sure, but we have yet to see if the general mission design has improved. Hopefully there are no gargantuan lovely sewer levels.

Better than the incredibly obvious rip-off in Shattered Dimensions. :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so it looks like they are cribbing Detective Mode from the Arkham series as well, at least that's what the Spidey Sense radar looks like. Frankly I am fine with it if it works as well as the combat.

I am also liking that Beenox is again taking liberties with the license and including a lot of Spidey favourites that we may not see in the respective films for a while or ever, such as the Kingpin and Kraven. one of the things I liked about the first ASM game was that it took place after the events in the film, so yes it did spoil that he beats the Lizard (not a huge surprise really) but it went from that and just went full steam ahead into their own story. Still really curious how they are going to handle the fact that Manhattan got pretty beaten up by all of Smythe's robots

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Aces High posted:

one of the things I liked about the first ASM game was that it took place after the events in the film, so yes it did spoil that he beats the Lizard (not a huge surprise really) but it went from that and just went full steam ahead into their own story. Still really curious how they are going to handle the fact that Manhattan got pretty beaten up by all of Smythe's robots

Are they gonna have a problem reconciling their Rhino from the one the new movie has?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like there's a bit more info on swinging from an old article that PlayStation.com wrote about the game (refrencing the PS3 version at that time). The information comes from the comment section of the article.

quote:

+ Naustradamus on January 30th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:
“Web-swinging works a bit differently this time around, and if it’s always bothered you that Spidey can somehow soar above the city, shooting webbing into thin air rather than swinging through it, you’ll be pleased to learn the web-head now attaches to actual objects in the environment.”
Ever since Treyarch made the original spider-man games, I’ve missed this feature! I keep hoping and will continue to do so, that the combat becomes fun and responsive, but until then, the web-slinging was the fun thing in spider-man 2 …. could spend hours just swinging around, trying to swing as fast as I could.
I hope you have the same swinging mechanics in this game as spider-man 2. the complex control scheme was difficult to get used to, but game you SO much control when used to it!

+ Stephane Gravel on January 31st, 2014 at 7:57 am said:
It’s hard to compare, but our web swinging system is different than in the previous game. You now need to use the right or left trigger to swing right or left, plus you can boost with the opposite trigger (if you swing with the right trigger and then press the left trigger your will gain momentum). If you release early, you will go further, if you release late, you will go higher. Also, since the web attach to structures, depending on how far you are on the left or the right of the attach point, your turn will be sharp or not.

Stepane Gravel works for Beenox as an Executive Producer. He did work on ASM 1, Shattered Dimensions, and I don't know if he worked on Edge of Time.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/30/the-amazing-spider-man-2-building-a-better-playground/

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's a good idea, to use the opposite shoulder button for speed boost. Nice economy of button use there. Though it does shatter any hope that you could do two-line swinging. For all the good the movies have done in terms of raising Spider-Man's profile and showing how cool webswinging is, it's always bothered me slightly that they chose to make his webswinging a pattern of swiiiiiing-fly through the air for a while-then swiiing, when from the comics and cartoons I was used to him keeping the freefall aspect to a minimum and overlapping his use of both weblines.

The kind of stuff he does in the chase after Uncle Ben's killer. Like at 1:20 here, where he holds one line at the top of the swing going around the corner as he connects another line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouG3PqGxTmM&t=75s

Two-line swinging also helps make things a bit more intuitive in terms of keeping him from smashing into buildings because in videogames your webline is attached diagonally while you more or less swing straight ahead.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

That's a good idea, to use the opposite shoulder button for speed boost. Nice economy of button use there. Though it does shatter any hope that you could do two-line swinging. For all the good the movies have done in terms of raising Spider-Man's profile and showing how cool webswinging is, it's always bothered me slightly that they chose to make his webswinging a pattern of swiiiiiing-fly through the air for a while-then swiiing, when from the comics and cartoons I was used to him keeping the freefall aspect to a minimum and overlapping his use of both weblines.

The kind of stuff he does in the chase after Uncle Ben's killer. Like at 1:20 here, where he holds one line at the top of the swing going around the corner as he connects another line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouG3PqGxTmM&t=75s

Two-line swinging also helps make things a bit more intuitive in terms of keeping him from smashing into buildings because in videogames your webline is attached diagonally while you more or less swing straight ahead.

I actually remember a Sci-Fi documentary (or maybe History Channel...?) about Spider-Man saying that the swing mechanics actually were realistic in how the movies have them where he swings, lets go of the web at the highest point, then falls for a bit to aim and shoot, catching himself and propelling himself forward at the same time.

Also, Beenox REALLY wants people to see the PS4 trailer:

The Amazing Spider-Man Game on Facebook posted:

Did you catch Beenox's exclusive developer walkthrough on the PlayStation blog?
If not, here's some of what you need to see:
Trigger-based webslinging mapped to the left and right arms. No buildings? No swing.
Play as Peter Parker.
New stealth system.
Alternate costumes.
... Seriously, check out this video. It's what you've been waiting for.

EDIT: Going over yesterday's PlayStation.com article about the PS4 version, I found some more interesting answers.

PlayStation.com Blog posted:

+ CrusaderForever on March 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:
Looks really good, I am impressed. My son and I are going to love this on the PS4. So glad you got rid of the sky swinging, just wasn’t realistic and hindered the immersion. Can you tell me if there is going to be a ton of collectibles like ASM1? I sure hope so as I loved collecting the comic pages. Also, not sure, but I thought I read some where that there is going to be never ending enemy scenarios in the city after you finish the main story, can you elaborate on this? One more thing, can you verify Vita Remote Play as well? I know all PS4 games excluding camera enabled games have it, just want to make sure. Great work, look forward to playing your game.

+ Thomas Wilson on March 28th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:
Yes, there will be collectibles in the game. Comic Pages are back, as well as Unlockable Comics. There will be Audio Logs and Tech Bits as well (used to upgrade your arsenal). Also, random crimes will continue to occur when you are done with the main adventure. The game does support Vita Remote Play as well.

quote:

+ iREVOLTER on March 27th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:
I hope there will be a lot of costumes (I want the Noir one) already on the disc and not as paid dlc, please. 1st was ok, this one looks improved. I hope the story will be as well.

+ Thomas Wilson on March 28th, 2014 at 7:31 am said:
There will be 13 costumes that can be unlocked through the course of the game. 6 costumes will be available as gift with purchase and/or downloadable content.

The costume bit seems weird...the video that was from the GDC said 15 costumes with 4 preorder ones. If there are only 13 in-game, 4 preorder from GameStop, then the final 2 must be from maybe Amazon preorder?

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 28, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThermoPhysical posted:

I actually remember a Sci-Fi documentary (or maybe History Channel...?) about Spider-Man saying that the swing mechanics actually were realistic in how the movies have them where he swings, lets go of the web at the highest point, then falls for a bit to aim and shoot, catching himself and propelling himself forward at the same time.

Movies are more or less fine, though many of the shots are cheated a bit with the camera moving around and cutting away to different shots, but in the videogames you can swing down a street in one full arc without ever touching the building you're anchored to even though any pendulum swing away from the object you're anchored to is impossible without some kind of crazy wind coming from the right direction. You just hold the analog stick in the other direction to represent your sheer force of willpower breaking the laws of physics, like how the games have often had a Double Jump.

My thing with the movies was more of a style choice than the actual physics.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'll literally punch whoever wanted to play as Peter Parker in the face.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

Movies are more or less fine, though many of the shots are cheated a bit with the camera moving around and cutting away to different shots, but in the videogames you can swing down a street in one full arc without ever touching the building you're anchored to even though any pendulum swing away from the object you're anchored to is impossible without some kind of crazy wind coming from the right direction. You just hold the analog stick in the other direction to represent your sheer force of willpower breaking the laws of physics, like how the games have often had a Double Jump.

My thing with the movies was more of a style choice than the actual physics.

Double Jump has always been weird. They replaced it in ASM with a much higher jump if you jump outside. As for the physics in swinging, they might be taking it more into account for this game.

Found another answer confirming the collectables in the game.

quote:

+ CrusaderForever on March 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:
Looks really good, I am impressed. My son and I are going to love this on the PS4. So glad you got rid of the sky swinging, just wasn’t realistic and hindered the immersion. Can you tell me if there is going to be a ton of collectibles like ASM1? I sure hope so as I loved collecting the comic pages. Also, not sure, but I thought I read some where that there is going to be never ending enemy scenarios in the city after you finish the main story, can you elaborate on this? One more thing, can you verify Vita Remote Play as well? I know all PS4 games excluding camera enabled games have it, just want to make sure. Great work, look forward to playing your game.

+ Thomas Wilson on March 28th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:
Yes, there will be collectibles in the game. Comic Pages are back, as well as Unlockable Comics. There will be Audio Logs and Tech Bits as well (used to upgrade your arsenal). Also, random crimes will continue to occur when you are done with the main adventure. The game does support Vita Remote Play as well.

The costume thing is still kind of bugging me though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

It's probably just a bunch of no-combat story sequences. God forbid this game actually has Peter Parker stealth gameplay or something idiotic like that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hakkesshu posted:

It's probably just a bunch of no-combat story sequences. God forbid this game actually has Peter Parker stealth gameplay or something idiotic like that.

Quick Time Events while doing homework.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

The Parker gameplay seems to be just him solving crimes when he can't be Spider-Man at that moment.

This is what GameInformer saw/played for a story mission:

GameInformer posted:

In a demo of a story mission, I saw a few of the other new systems in play as well. The section begins as Peter Parker enters a private fund-raising event. Players get to control Parker, which Beenox says is something that will be part of the overall experience. He’s there to propel the plot along; when it’s time to fight or save people, he’ll need to don his costume. Parker runs into Harry Osborn, and they begin to talk. Players can choose between several dialog options. The conversation turns to the Fisks, and how Osborn thinks they're into illegal activities. Just then, a waiter walks by with a tray of drinks. Parker’s spider sense kicks in, and he knocks the tray over before Osborn can take what could have been a poisoned drink.

Peter slinks off, and puts on his spider suit. He follows the waiter backstage and eventually runs into some Russian mobsters. That’s Spider-Man’s cue to show off some of his new moves. The crew includes a bruiser, who has to be immobilized with a charge attack before he can be damaged. That’s easier said than done, considering he’s got a few buddies along with him. Spidey can do a variety of web and physical-based moves, including one where he positions himself between two opponents, webs them both in the face, leaps in the air and pulls the line taut – causing them to bonk their heads together.

Once they’re defeated, I see a stealth-based sequence. Beenox has designed these to be less linear than in past games, so players can choose their own paths as they remove each guard from play, one web cocoon at a time. The goons are guarding an experimental suit, which just so happens to be sized perfectly for Spider-Man. Just when he thinks he’s going to get away clean, he’s caught by a new speedy enemy archetype. As her name suggests, she’s quite quick, and her blades are sharp. Players who may have gotten through earlier battles by button mashing will have to learn how to effectively dodge roll and use web pulls to succeed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_amazing_spider-man_2/b/xbox360/archive/2014/03/19/what-kind-of-a-spider-man-are-you.aspx

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Chinaman7000 posted:

But without playing as Peter how is Jameson going to yell at us to get pictures of that wall-crawling menace?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It came up in some other thread, I think the Rob Ford is a crackhead thread of all places, that GTA V had a paparazzi minigame? That'd be the kind of thing I'd like to do in a Play as Peter Parker scenario - using either a toned-down version of your powers or the full range to get pictures, not this Do-Our-Cutscenes-For-Us type challenge that I'm already tired of in games like Assassin's Creed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lobok posted:

It came up in some other thread, I think the Rob Ford is a crackhead thread of all places, that GTA V had a paparazzi minigame? That'd be the kind of thing I'd like to do in a Play as Peter Parker scenario - using either a toned-down version of your powers or the full range to get pictures, not this Do-Our-Cutscenes-For-Us type challenge that I'm already tired of in games like Assassin's Creed.

I'm pretty sure there was a paparazzi mini-game in Spider-Man 3, I think. It wasn't very good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a paparazzi mini-game in Spider-Man 3, I think. It wasn't very good.

Well obviously I'm not wishing for a crappy mini-game, but having something where you need to take pictures seems like the natural thing to do for Peter missions. Though paparazzi is the wrong word - I don't want to be playing as a TMZ photographer.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Playing paparazzi for other heroes would be cool, and a chance for Marvel to shove in some cameos. In fact, gently caress this game, build it all around that. Spider-man combat is never good. Let's shoot webs to damage people!

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I would dig a Pokemon Snap styled Marvel Paparazzi game, especially if you could throw apples at Bruce Banner

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

goldenoreos posted:

I would dig a Pokemon Snap styled Marvel Paparazzi game, especially if you could throw apples at Bruce Banner

There would be this big green mound on the righthand side of the first course that would register as ? until you get the Pester Ball and Pokeflute to wake the Hulk up and get him dancing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

goldenoreos posted:

Throw enough apples at Aunt May and she'll bake an apple pie that'll make Captain America show up. :3:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

regardless of the 6 preorder costumes, I'm actually loving stunned and pleased that this is a game where you can UNLOCK COSTUMES as opposed to paying for all that poo poo as DLC. Remember when costumes with cool effects were unlockable rewards? I sure as poo poo don't but it's nice that we'll actually get that kind of reward back in a game. The webswinging mechanics alone almost have me sold for this, and as for the combat...well the combat was one-note as gently caress in SM2 and I didn't give a poo poo. At best, the combat in this new one looks alright.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

regardless of the 6 preorder costumes, I'm actually loving stunned and pleased that this is a game where you can UNLOCK COSTUMES as opposed to paying for all that poo poo as DLC. Remember when costumes with cool effects were unlockable rewards? I sure as poo poo don't but it's nice that we'll actually get that kind of reward back in a game. The webswinging mechanics alone almost have me sold for this, and as for the combat...well the combat was one-note as gently caress in SM2 and I didn't give a poo poo. At best, the combat in this new one looks alright.

They probably realized if they sold it it would be delisted in a couple of months.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

MinibarMatchman posted:

well to be fair the only costume that was a DLC for the first ASM game was Stan Lee iirc, the other costumes were unlocked in game by finding the ASM Spider logo in various places around Manhattan. Man I hope they have Future Foundations again :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aces High posted:

well to be fair the only costume that was a DLC for the first ASM game was Stan Lee iirc, the other costumes were unlocked in game by finding the ASM Spider logo in various places around Manhattan. Man I hope they have Future Foundations again :allears:

Stan Lee was a DLC out of itself with its own set of missions, like the lizard and rhino. That said he was rad.

Kaine wearing the 50th anniversary party hat was the best costume, tho. :3:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arkham Origins is on sale for :10bux: On Steam, thats the base game, no DLC included. The DLC is discounted though, and you can get the season pass for 5bux. Worth it? I've heard mixed things about it, which is why everyone poo poo themselves when Knights was announced.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
For ten bucks? Sure. The story is better than the previous two games, it's just that the combat is slightly off. Not enough to ruin it, but enough to be annoying if you have just been playing the Rocksteady Arkham games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not really, you know how much crap City got for being a rehash? Well this is that times a thousand. The game doesn't do anything interesting and is just more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think it's worth it. It is Boring: The Game.

• Locked thread