Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Cangelosi posted:

Does Batman keep the Dalek around for pest control? I'd assume it would be great on rats and small curious children.

And Cybermen should they want to invade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Comics are for adults, let's kill Karen and stuff her in the school freezer for lil' Batman to find. Get some *buzz* going and totally shift this paradigm forward."

"Okay, Yale, we like your stuff, but we've got some suggestions. First, we want you to do a story where Dr Light is their school guidance counselor. Second, we're gonna get Brad Meltzer to write it. Enough of this kiddie stuff, yeah?"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

How can you guys keep talking about Superior Foes 10 and not show off this bit?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Metal Loaf posted:

"Okay, Yale, we like your stuff, but we've got some suggestions. First, we want you to do a story where Dr Light is their school guidance counselor. Second, we're gonna get Brad Meltzer to write it. Enough of this kiddie stuff, yeah?"

"And while we're at it, let's add lil' Jesse Custer as incentive for bringing in Garth Ennis to consult on some rape scenes. Bad publicity is still publicity! And while we're at it, lil' James Gordon Jr. as the lovable murderous little rapscallion *he* is."

Of course, typing that, I'd love to see a JL8 strip where Officer James Gordon of the GCPD comes to give a talk to the class.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 26, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think Gordon might work better as Barbara's extremely overprotective and doting cop dad.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Mooseontheloose posted:

And Cybermen should they want to invade.

So pest control, then.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JL8 really needs to introduce Pharyngula. You know, the guy who fought Mary Marvel in Countdown?

SilverSupernova posted:

How can you guys keep talking about Superior Foes 10 and not show off this bit?

It's the one time when the sight of Hercules makes Overdrive unable to pee.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

I think Gordon might work better as Barbara's extremely overprotective and doting cop dad.

"Stay away from that kid in the red hoodie, Barbara. He gives me the creeps."

The only problem with adding lil' Barbara Gordon is she shouldn't exist yet. Jimmy Jr. was the older of Gordon's two kids.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kevos Setzer posted:

So pest control, then.

Well it's not like Bats is going to call just any exterminator...

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Comics are for adults, let's kill Karen and stuff her in the school freezer for lil' Batman to find. Get some *buzz* going and totally shift this paradigm forward."

Don't you dare speak such a thing into existence!

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"And while we're at it, let's add lil' Jesse Custer as incentive for bringing in Garth Ennis to consult on some rape scenes. Bad publicity is still publicity! And while we're at it, lil' James Gordon Jr. as the lovable murderous little rapscallion *he* is."

Of course, typing that, I'd love to see a JL8 strip where Officer James Gordon of the GCPD comes to give a talk to the class.

I think you mean lil' Tommy Monaghan and Natt the Hat. Though now I kind of want lil' Amanda Waller and some Suicide Squad characters running part of the playground and doing "missions" for candy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

10 Beers posted:

Don't you dare speak such a thing into existence!

Just in case you missed the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:iceburn:

edit: oops Guardians of the Galaxy #2

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 26, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
From Avengers Assemble #25

Sorry for the lovely pictures, I didn't have time to redeem the code this morning.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why does Hawkeye read like Scott Pilgrim there?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Endless Mike posted:

Why does Hawkeye read like Scott Pilgrim there?
Hawkeye's a manchild.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Injustice: Year 2 #6. Commissioner Gordon's on a roll until comic books kick in.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
:lol: Oh my god, I love that "HOW? I'M A DETECTIVE!!!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also from Injustice 6:

Ganthet doing his best Watcher impression :haw:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Just want to take a second to note how much better the art (namely coloring) in Injustice looks when it's biweekly instead of weekly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Just want to take a second to note how much better the art (namely coloring) in Injustice looks when it's biweekly instead of weekly.

Is it still the same dudes doing the coloring? Because some of the stuff in the digital edition of the first series were so bad they couldn't be attributed to being rushed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's no excuse whatsoever for Annoying Orange Batman

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gavok posted:

I dunno, I still think Gordon looks weird in that thing you posted, like he's made of plastic and water is just sitting on his body instead of soaking him.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno, I still think Gordon looks weird in that thing you posted, like he's made of plastic and water is just sitting on his body instead of soaking him.

It was weird of him to dry off in the second to last panel and then go and get wet again for the last one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I have to know the context on Ganthet being a mega creeper. Is any reason given for why he's doing that? I can't decide if it'd be better with or without one.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

redbackground posted:

Batman, you let the Iron Giant's head go free this instant!

So Batman is like a one person version of "The Four" from Planetary?

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I think you mean lil' Tommy Monaghan and Natt the Hat. Though now I kind of want lil' Amanda Waller and some Suicide Squad characters running part of the playground and doing "missions" for candy.

I see Amanda Waller being in charge of the Hall Monitor program, and she forces trouble makers to be the hall monitors. They have to issue a number of detention slips before they can leave the program.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Is it still the same dudes doing the coloring? Because some of the stuff in the digital edition of the first series were so bad they couldn't be attributed to being rushed.

Batface HAD to have been done on a deadline.

AnonSpore posted:

Still an improvement!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Batface HAD to have been done on a deadline.

But it doesn't explain why they tried to draw eyelids onto his eyes where the penciler drew none!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

I have to know the context on Ganthet being a mega creeper. Is any reason given for why he's doing that? I can't decide if it'd be better with or without one.

Here is the next page, decide for your self!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ganthet can see what he likes, he doesn't need to physically look in the window. He's just trying to get a reaction out of Carol/Hal.

JL8 is the best because it gives Hal a semblance of a personality. I am wondering if in Hal's troop Kilowog is gonna be a supervising adult or another kid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BooDoug187 posted:

I see Amanda Waller being in charge of the Hall Monitor program, and she forces trouble makers to be the hall monitors. They have to issue a number of detention slips before they can leave the program.

JL8 #255: Superintendent Waller hires Truant Officer Doomsday

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

BooDoug187 posted:

What if the Monitors monitor the halls?

Prison Warden posted:

JL8 is the best because it gives Hal a semblance of a personality. I am wondering if in Hal's troop Kilowog is gonna be a supervising adult or another kid.

It'd be cool to see the Green Lanterns as Boy Scouts.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Kilowog as some kind of scout leader would be awesome.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

If it turns out that Sinestro is the bully of the troop, I will die of happiness :)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"KEEP UP, YA LITTLE POOZERS!"

"What the heck is a 'poozer?'"

"No one knows. Only thing we've guessed is 'anyone who isn't him.'"

Also, literally the first page from this month's Deadpool (#26):

...yeah, too much good stuff to post in this issue, but that first page covers a lot of it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 27, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"KEEP UP, YA LITTLE POOZERS!"

"What the heck is a 'poozer?'"

"No one knows. Only thing we've guessed is 'anyone who isn't him.'"

Also, literally the first page from this month's Deadpool (#26):

...yeah, too much good stuff to post in this issue, but that first page covers a lot of it.

Man, people still spoof the Hitler rant?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

AnonSpore posted:

Man, people still spoof the Hitler rant?

They're now spoofing the comic, too!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2806293&pagenumber=45&perpage=40#post427474471

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Action Tortoise posted:

What if the Monitors monitor the halls?

It'd be cool to see the Green Lanterns as Boy Scouts.

I'm still trying to figure out who bigfoot is gonna be

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

amishjosh posted:

I'm still trying to figure out who bigfoot is gonna be

Shaggy Man? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?