Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

A better look at Green Goblin's face:

Meth.

Not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

DrNutt posted:

I feel like Cyclops was exactly what he was supposed to be. Until they killed him.

I feel like Cyclops is kinda like Hank Pym, in that he has a reputation that doesn't fit the character. Cyclops isn't meant to be boring, other than compared to Wolverine. I feel like he was wasted in the movies.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oasx posted:

I feel like Cyclops is kinda like Hank Pym, in that he has a reputation that doesn't fit the character. Cyclops isn't meant to be boring, other than compared to Wolverine. I feel like he was wasted in the movies.

I do quite like:

HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S REALLY HIM
ur a dick
ITS HIM

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 26, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

sebmojo posted:

HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S REALLY HIM
ur a dick
ITS HIM

Was it supposed to be some kind of in joke only comic fans understand as to why one of the participants in this conversation is the most powerful mind reader in the world or whatever?

I still think Fox should have paid out whatever resulting lawsuit money would have resulted and had this be canonically in the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awNFzpCvF18

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Neo Rasa posted:

Was it supposed to be some kind of in joke only comic fans understand as to why one of the participants in this conversation is the most powerful mind reader in the world or whatever?

I still think Fox should have paid out whatever resulting lawsuit money would have resulted and had this be canonically in the movie:

... I'm not really a comix guy, but isn't that (actual) Cyclops talking to (actual) Wolverine? And the joke is that Wolverine not even bothering to try to convince Cyclops of his identity is proof of his identity? It was one of the Whedon punch-up, iirc.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Movie Cyclops fell into the same trap animated series Cyclops fell into, he was a boring, square jawed, by-the-numbers Heroic Leader. Comic book Cyclops is about 100x more interesting. And he still wouldn't crack my top 10 x-characters.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

Fuckin Halle Berry doesn't even turn around to see him. She's just laughing and doesn't even know why.

Travis343 posted:

Movie Cyclops fell into the same trap animated series Cyclops fell into, he was a boring, square jawed, by-the-numbers Heroic Leader. Comic book Cyclops is about 100x more interesting. And he still wouldn't crack my top 10 x-characters.

Wolverine & the X-Men's version of Cyclops fared pretty well. I'm still pissed they axed that show.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
didn't cyclops become a terrorist or something and teamed up with magneto recently in marvel comics?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
he's sort of on everyone's shitlist for killing Professor X iirc

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just got back from Winter Soldier, i really enjoyed it, it feels like this was the first time we really saw the Captain America from the comics, in the way he fights.
I loved the small bits of the bigger Marvel universe, Like Batroc the Leaper, Doctor Strange, Armin Zola being a computer etc. Also the scene at the credits with Baron Strucker, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were also really neat, makes me look forward to Avengers 2 even more

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I finally saw the DOFP trailer and I thought it was Awesome with a capital A. Made me 72% more excited to see the movie.

Besides the obvious characters (Magneto, X, Wolverine) can someone list the mutants that appear? Or point me to a link?

I saw Colossus, Ice Man, Kitty Pryde (with Bishop I think), Beast. Who's the fire guy? Who's the Asian lady with colored hair?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

redshirt posted:

I finally saw the DOFP trailer and I thought it was Awesome with a capital A. Made me 72% more excited to see the movie.

Besides the obvious characters (Magneto, X, Wolverine) can someone list the mutants that appear? Or point me to a link?

I saw Colossus, Ice Man, Kitty Pryde (with Bishop I think), Beast. Who's the fire guy? Who's the Asian lady with colored hair?

Fire guy is Sunspot

Pink girl is Blink

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Travis343 posted:

Any particular standout moments you can think of off the top of your head? I always liked Cyke as a kid, but then saw him as kinda boring as an adult. I imagine he has a lot of insecurities about (not) controlling his powers, living up to Prof. X's example, being unable to save Jean, being (kind of) unfaithful to her, and her whole thing with Logan. Is that about it?

Also, yeah, I heard he basically became Magneto 2.0 in that he has secluded most of the remaining mutants on an island, but probably not as confrontational with humans as Mags was, but I didn't know he actually killed Charles.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Reinanigans posted:

but I didn't know he actually killed Charles.

Well, he wasn't entirely in his right mind. He was possessed by the Phoenix Force, and it sorta turned all of his beliefs on how things should be up to eleven. So basically his good, although increasingly militant, intentions were amped up to crazytown by the power flowing through him. Professor X, badass telepath that he is, was trying to distract Cyclops while basically the rest of the X-Men and Avengers got ready to jump him. Cyclops figured out what was happening and killed Xavier in the heat of the moment.

For being a big, dumb crossover, Avengers vs X-Men had some really fantastic bits of writing mixed in and the event did make some lasting changes to the Marvel Universe.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dacap posted:

Fire guy is Sunspot

That's quite the rip-off from DC's The Ray.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 27, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's quite the rip-off from DC's The Ray.

Wrong way

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

OMG I owned a below mint condition copy of this, original run!

And is that several characters from DOFP?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sunspot is the Chosen One, for whenever he powers up he radiates Kirby dots.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Darko posted:

He's also not that great of a scientist comparatively, with Reed being able to do his own signature invention, better, and Tony being much better on the mechanical end. Fortunately, there's no Reed in this universe to show him up on the Pym Particle (tm) thing.

Dude, forget Reed Richards. Scott Lang, guy that got his degree in electronics from prison, understands Pym Particles better than Hank Pym. There is no shame in Reed Richards being better at you in some science thing, but when the thief with training from con college one ups you on your own invention? It's time to turn in your brain. There is no level on which Hank Pym isn't poo poo on.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I've always liked the slightly deranged version of Cyclops, like when he started the mutant hunting firm with Beast and Iceman, and all of a sudden Jean comes back from the dead and he goes nuts and even tries to kill her once, completely unprovoked. Or the Cyclops who would ask his current red-head girlfriend if she's actually his dead ex, with a straight face.

He's a pretty normal guy who has to cope with a lot of crap and extreme situations and sometimes he just cracks.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 27, 2014

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I've always liked the slightly deranged version of Cyclops, like when he started the mutant hunting firm with Beast and Iceman, and all of a sudden Jean comes back from the dead and he goes nuts and even tries to kill her once, completely unprovoked. Or the Cyclops who would ask his current red-head girlfriend if she's actually his dead ex, with a straight face.

He's a pretty normal guy who has to cope with a lot of crap and extreme situations and sometimes he just cracks.

All of these sound so crazy, it's hilarious.

What are the issues these happen in? Just...wow.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ThermoPhysical posted:

All of these sound so crazy, it's hilarious.

What are the issues these happen in? Just...wow.

It happened many years ago, in the late 80's I think. Basically they were undercover posing as group that hunted mutants, but what they really did was help them. You can look up X-Factor on Wikipedia to get a gist of the story.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wait. Fassbender wants out? I mean, I guess they have plenty of other bad guys they could do but he was perfect as young magneto.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's been rumoured for a while he wants out. Lawrence as well, though given the demands of that role it's much more understandable.

Renoistic posted:

Or the Cyclops who would ask his current red-head girlfriend if she's actually his dead ex, with a straight face.

To be fair, she *was* eventually revealed to be an evil clone of his dead ex! Dude lives a very crazy life.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fads bender and Lawrence have been in 1 X Men movie and it was enough? Eh. Rough shoots I guess. Jackman and Mackellan and Stewart keep truckin.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I mean, Jennifer Lawrence is headlining her own franchise at this point, so being part of this one is probably a hassle (I know they had to re-arrange shooting of DoFP a bit to accommodate her Hunger Games shooting)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It makes sense, especially for Lawrence when you take the makeup into consideration. I am honestly surprised for a second any time I remember Fassbender is in this new X-Men movie. They really lucked out by locking him in with First Class when he was right on the bubble of blowing up. Same with Lawrence.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I like Jlaw, but she could be easily replaced. Fassbender needs to be Magneto for life.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I agree, but I don't know if Fox will pay what he can get now. He's in very high demand.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They are both huge up and comers and I doubt they want to be tied to a superhero franchise for the rest of their lives.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

They are both huge up and comers and I doubt they want to be tied to a superhero franchise for the rest of their lives.

I don't recall Fassbender making any noise about wanting to get out (although I certainly wouldn't be surprised), but Lawrence raised a bit of a stink about wanting more screen time in the First Class sequel around the time she picked up her Oscar. I think they'll get Fassbender back for Apocalypse (I think he and McAvoy signed three-film deals when they signed on for First Class), but I'm not sure about Lawrence.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So the TMNT trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjsWpM9zFU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The turtles' faces are really creepy :stare:

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to made a grim n' gritty trailer needs to be kicked in the balls, the turtles should be fun and having a good time.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

If I was a mutated (alien?) turtle monster who lived in poo poo, I wouldn't be very happy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The turtles' faces are really creepy :stare:

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to made a grim n' gritty trailer needs to be kicked in the balls, the turtles should be fun and having a good time.

Yep like this

quote:

They defeated him and allowed him to commit seppuku, but Shredder refused and detonated a thermite grenade, in an attempt to take them with him to his death. However, in the last second Donatello used his bo staff to knock Shredder off the building to his death.

However, he was later recreated through a unique Foot Clan cloning technique utilizing worms, and was finally finished off by Leonardo by decapitation. Then the Turtles burn the corpse to make sure Shredder never returns.

See also the original film.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This will be loving awesome - Mikey sounds amazing and that hill scene looks great too! Need to see more with more turtle interactions tho - probably in the next trailer.

And yeah, the noses look a bit weird but it's just something we'll have to get used too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, the cgi series and the current comic are making a really good work to combine the darker and the goofier aspects of the franchise as a whole.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Dude lives a very crazy life.

And the fact that his girlfriends fucks with his mind for shits and giggles doesn't make it easier:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Don't forget his X-Tinction team, his plan to intimidate humans to leave mutants the gently caress alone, his batshit inner mind, the death squad he started up...

He's a complicated dude I'm saying.

EDIT:

Didn't like the TMNT trailer. The turtles are in this weird no-mans land of looking too turtle-y for superhero characters, too human like to be turtles, like they're giant green babies or something. Grim dark, I think I heard whoo-ing, and lack of realism in their movements, I have seen more than twenty seconds, I have made my verdict guys.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vintersorg posted:

This will be loving awesome - Mikey sounds amazing and that hill scene looks great too! Need to see more with more turtle interactions tho - probably in the next trailer.

And yeah, the noses look a bit weird but it's just something we'll have to get used too.

This looks goofy and awesome, went from not caring to excited. Though nothing will top the montage of twenty kids and two ninjas working together to steal one wallet from the first live action movie.

• Locked thread