Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Ungoal posted:

I was there 6 months ago and the place appeared as if it were still reeling from the effects of Katrina. It looked old and run down with an eerie sense of dread. Food was still great tho

Its supposed to look like that, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

SaltLick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGnkHspqQM

Texas country owns by the way. This is also what Texas is like.

There are timberwood and wrought iron-clad bars called "The Texan" that play poo poo like this 24/7 nonstop across the entire state. It's not even a franchise or anything, more of an independent cultural ley line. Honkey-tonk drinking is fine every once in a while but I gotta be in the mood otherwise it's just grating. I prefer the quiet desperation of real dive bars usually.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nathilus posted:

There are timberwood and wrought iron-clad bars called "The Texan" that play poo poo like this 24/7 nonstop across the entire state. It's not even a franchise or anything, more of an independent cultural ley line. Honkey-tonk drinking is fine every once in a while but I gotta be in the mood otherwise it's just grating. I prefer the quiet desperation of real dive bars usually.

I honestly don't understand how people can listen to a white southern male voice and not want to bash their head through a glass window.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Hobohemian posted:

I honestly don't understand how people can listen to a white southern male voice and not want to bash their head through a glass window.

Well the Texas drawl that country singers do is different from a truly southern accent but yeah, I hear ya. I mean if you don't like willie or hank you just racist but for every one of them there's a hundred george straits and garth loving brookses.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

texas owns but whats worst about texas is people like the OP who cannot stop sucking texas' cock

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
texas awhile back had a commercial playing telling people they should visit/move to texas because it wasnt a backwoods shithole full of hank hills and cow farms and its not a very good sign when a place has to broadcast to you that it's not a shithole

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 664 days!)

hank hill is infinitely better than any of you

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Southern accents are like slash fiction about fat retarded people having explosive diarrhea but in audiobook form.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
should have been a part of Mexico

racist

selfish fat people

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
cool folks rip pimp c

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
didn't happen because he had a gun :smug:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

hank hill is infinitely better than any of you

i don't have a narrow urethra

me 1
hank rutherford hill 0

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rambling Robot posted:

should have been a part of Mexico

racist

selfish fat people

it unofficially is except for the parts nobody cares about

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0

Blast of Confetti posted:

texas awhile back had a commercial playing telling people they should visit/move to texas because it wasnt a backwoods shithole full of hank hills and cow farms and its not a very good sign when a place has to broadcast to you that it's not a shithole
the state's business leaders - i.e. the people who run texas from top to bottom - are finally starting to realize that the redneck image isn't attractive to high-tech workers (unless they're indian) and high-tech business. it's the same reason facebook and google have work-play campuses to attract top talent.

case in point is rick perry four years ago:

and perry now:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omi-Polari posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0

the state's business leaders - i.e. the people who run texas from top to bottom - are finally starting to realize that the redneck image isn't attractive to high-tech workers (unless they're indian) and high-tech business. it's the same reason facebook and google have work-play campuses to attract top talent.

case in point is rick perry four years ago:

and perry now:

nice lipgloss and i cant help but notice the lack of horns

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

it's the same reason facebook and google have work-play campuses to attract top talent.

i thought it was to instill a cult-like devotion among employees so they can control their time off clock in order to extract optimal productivity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blast of Confetti posted:

nice lipgloss and i cant help but notice the lack of horns
smooch

but yeah think about it. what does anyone think austin is all about anyways? sxsw, keep austin weird, etc.?

the state's business/GOP leaders have tried to sell texas as a destination for business by marketing it as a low tax and low regulation state, with some success. but the real jackpot is the silicon valley ($$$) billions. problem is high-tech workers don't want to live in a redneck shithole, they'd rather live in san francisco. also mexican immigration (which inherently grows the economy because immigration = more people) and fracking won't last forever.

so what you're seeing is a deliberate attempt to rebrand the state into being cool. sell "low regulation" to business owners and entice the workers with urban cosmopolitan cool. and there's a lot of silicon valley libertarians who find that combination very attractive.

:ssh:

austin is "socially progressive" but that's also totally compatible with right-wing economic policies. welcome to 2014 cyberpunk neo-texas and your future america.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPJqeDzf5UQ

comes along bort posted:

i thought it was to instill a cult-like devotion among employees so they can control their time off clock in order to extract optimal productivity
i wouldn't be surprised. but i think it's mainly because the competition for top engineers in the bay area is so intense. at least that's what i was told inside one of those offices a few weeks ago.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 27, 2014

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Ungoal posted:

I was there 6 months ago and the place appeared as if it were still reeling from the effects of Katrina. It looked old and run down with an eerie sense of dread. Food was still great tho

As far as ghetto looking run down cities on the gulf coast New Orleans is doing pretty well. Gulfport-Biloxi, Beaumont-Port Arthur, Lake Charles are the real gulf coast shitholes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Hobohemian posted:

You don't have to preach to the choir. There is no better compliment to pork than some cider vinegar and some hot chili pepper. Everything else is superfluous.

lololol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Maoist Pussy posted:

Southern accents are like slash fiction about fat retarded people having explosive diarrhea but in audiobook form.

Actually they own and get you laid the most as well as give an added air of authority to your speech. sorry you jelly.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Powercrazy posted:

Actually they own and get you laid the most as well as give an added air of authority to your speech. sorry you jelly.

This man speaks the truth. I have a pretty neutral accent normally but can slip into my Texas Twang with no problem. Living in Europe now and you wouldn't believe how much the ladies here swoon over it.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
boasting about pity fucks itt

'that poor retarded man, it is my liberal european duty to put a little joy into his empty mind'

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How has this not been posted yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG-fJNUHYG0

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

i wouldn't be surprised. but i think it's mainly because the competition for top engineers in the bay area is so intense. at least that's what i was told inside one of those offices a few weeks ago.

it's pretty much what every sizeable company outside the bay area does so it would follow they'd do a more aggressive and thorough version of the same thing, like facebook building a company town

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

texas state university has more stds per capita than any other school in the country

Texas gets number one prize for the worst things

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Powercrazy posted:

It sounds like a goose dying of dysentery. Nobody wants to gently caress an inbred hillbilly retard goose dying of dysentery.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Maoist Pussy posted:

Its supposed to look like that, fyi.

haha no

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Maoist Pussy posted:

I don't see what this has to do with Texas

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

I don't see what this has to do with Texas

its cool for goons to blindly hate on the south these days, duh

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

etalian posted:

Texas gets number one prize for the worst things

and their barbecue leaves a lot to be desired

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I moved to Texas from California, and I like it. Only thing I miss about CA is good mexican food, and predictable weather.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RadioactiveKid posted:

I moved to Texas from California, and I like it. Only thing I miss about CA is good mexican food, and predictable weather.

Texas weather is predictable as well in many ways just like a weather forecast for hell.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
how do you know somebody is from california

dont worry theyll tell you lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

they can't stop talking about how it's the best because of weather, food and chill culture despite never having lived out of state.

etalian fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 28, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

etalian posted:

they can't stop talking about how it's the best because of weather, food and chill culture despite never having living out of state.

my sister moved to bel air or some poo poo and came back to visit. my step dad who grew up in california/went to college there even managed to roll his eyes at her lack of shutting the gently caress up about it

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

quote:

We may never know exactly what happened next.
.. much like we may never know the truth about all the bullshit stories and stats these amped up douche bags bring back from the war with them

so the brainwashed turd in the op got killed by a fellow vet? haha awesome, you couldnt ask for better.

fellow texans: follow your leader

quote:

They’ll believe this story because there are already so many verified stories of his lethal abilities and astonishing valor, stories of him hanging out with presidents, and ribbing governors and having unprotected sex with frat boys.
yeah i bet he ribbed a lot of governors

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 28, 2014

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SaltLick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGnkHspqQM

Texas country owns by the way. This is also what Texas is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

Plenty of places where men of his kind aren't welcome, I tell you what. *spits chew*

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah i bet he ribbed a lot of governors

He also claimed that he punched out Jesse Ventura for not supporting the troops lmao

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

Fetus Tree posted:

It's true, I try not to do it but it just slips sometimes. Texas is still a better place to live though, I live in a small town south of Dallas and it's way more calm and peaceful than where I used to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
jesse venture would eat his rear end

Chris Kyle is buried in a texas landfill and you may visit his grave here :rip:

haha NOT rest in pakistan for all i care flagfag

• Locked thread