Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Oh god, it looks like you guys are goon rushing a furry server and I'm still at work and can't join in the fun :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone confirm or deny rumors of a double xp weekend? DICE really needs to communicate this poo poo better.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
How exactly do you get the MP7 when anyone with two functional brain cells will just bail before their heli/jet explodes?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dillbag posted:

Oh god, it looks like you guys are goon rushing a furry server and I'm still at work and can't join in the fun :saddowns:

We didn't pick any fights with the furries. There was a littlebird twitch streamer who we were killing on Dawnbreaker. Then this guy joined and claimed he was in the "marine core"(sic) and was toughguy chatting that he had killed 25 people in Iraq and 17 in Afghanistan. Of course, he was Special Forces (because why not?). He also shared the story of how he "killed a haji who was beating his own daughter" and said he had all our IP addresses and was going to come kill me IRL :ohdear:

Peven Stan posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny rumors of a double xp weekend? DICE really needs to communicate this poo poo better.

Premium only, according to Battlelog, starting tomorrow.

OneEightHundred posted:

How exactly do you get the MP7 when anyone with two functional brain cells will just bail before their heli/jet explodes?

You just need to destroy the air vehicle, kill or not.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

canyoneer posted:

We didn't pick any fights with the furries. There was a littlebird twitch streamer who we were killing on Dawnbreaker.

Please tell me someone was recording the stream.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dillbag posted:

You also can taxi a jet out of spawn to the A flag on Firestorm. I'm still happy to help anyone who needs to cheese it or the airburst this weekend, mostly because I still need 2 jet ribbons myself.

Let me know when you guys are doing this. I will help out as a target.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Easiest way to get the jet ribbon (without cheesing): high ticket Paracel storm. Bounce around until you find one where the enemy is not dominating the skies (though with enough tickets, and especially on fast-respawn servers that doesn't matter too much).

Use the attack jet to kill boats. If you use the lock on missiles, you can wipe out RHIBs and jetskis easily. Look for fast attack crafts that are already engaging with another boat. They are likely weakened and have already blown active protection. If they use flares, and you are far away enough, keep your aim on the boat - sometimes the missile regains the lock.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Easiest way to get the jet ribbon (without cheesing): high ticket Paracel storm. Bounce around until you find one where the enemy is not dominating the skies (though with enough tickets, and especially on fast-respawn servers that doesn't matter too much).

Use the attack jet to kill boats. If you use the lock on missiles, you can wipe out RHIBs and jetskis easily. Look for fast attack crafts that are already engaging with another boat. They are likely weakened and have already blown active protection. If they use flares, and you are far away enough, keep your aim on the boat - sometimes the missile regains the lock.

Best way to get a jet kill is to land either of them on Golmud railway highway and let two friends jump in front of the gun while they res each other.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
On high ticket pistol and knife only servers you can get over 100 ribbons using the two medkit perks. These are the types if things you learn playing bf4 at 3am PST. Also since half the people have ping above 200 use the revolvers and kill them before they render on your screen. :commissar:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If anyone was wondering, we did make it on Widgitybear's stream last night and in his archives.

http://www.twitch.tv/widgitybear/b/515148317

About 3 hours 4 minutes in.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Hahah I love the UCAV rage when Pico and I got him back to back. You can actually see the warhead just before impact when Pico got him.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
You guys weren't kidding about him only ever playing on Dawnbreaker huh?

edit: Good god. He has almost four times the hours in the little bird than I have played. Looking at his weapon stats and all he pretty much only every flies a little bird. Also hilarious is his repair bitches with the "u mad bro" and blaming the deaths on hacking with another random guy hanging on his nuts as well defending him. Then Dawnbreaker ends and he leaves to find another server with a LB.

He's one hell of a pilot with great spatial awareness I'll give him that. I wish I could even fly a tenth as good.

averox fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 29, 2014

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Yeah, I only play a couple maps, have a dedicated sycophant squad to repair the only vehicle I play (the only way I play in fact) you could say I'm pretty pro at this :smugdog:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I remember one of the top ranked tank players in Battlefield 3 having her sycophant squad go out of its way to join the other team and drive their tanks over, so she never had to face enemy armor.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I liked how Broman asked him if he was a real bear or if he just had the suit.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Cowbell and cooing? Wtf am I watching

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Holy poo poo he has a twitter with 2k followers and all he posts is his streams :stare:

https://twitter.com/Widgitybear

EDIT: hahaha, he's got a 44% quit rate.

EDIT 2 EDIT HARDER:

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Cowbell and cooing? Wtf am I watching

Just got to that part...

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 29, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress IS WITH THE COWBELL

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Gonkish posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS WITH THE COWBELL

A new sub!

Can't woo (moo?) too loud, he has an apartment now

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

TubeStank posted:

Holy poo poo he has a twitter with 2k followers and all he posts is his streams :stare:

Seriously? 44%? That's massive.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Bob NewSCART posted:

DICE should make it so your quit % is a multiplier on all your stats. The tears would be glorious.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Randler posted:

I remember one of the top ranked tank players in Battlefield 3 having her sycophant squad go out of its way to join the other team and drive their tanks over, so she never had to face enemy armor.

I don't understand why people would do this unless griefing. Is this some sort of nerd cool kid thing?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

It's actually closer to 45%

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Widgitybear/detailedstats/360728195/1/

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I don't get why the goons on his team team didn't troll him too, like steal the chopper from him and keep it all round, or crash jets into him or something. Hell, I would.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

OGS-Remix posted:

DICE should make it so your quit % is a multiplier on all your stats. The tears would be glorious.
Every single game crash counts as a quit. It's meaningless.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TubeStank posted:

I liked how Broman asked him if he was a real bear or if he just had the suit.

We were on a Furry server...

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Every single game crash counts as a quit. It's meaningless.

you're not kidding. Thanks to this last update i CAN'T play any vanilla map without a hardlocking crash that requires me to use a loving restore point. Just ... what in the poo poo? If it weren't for the Wasteland 2/Carmageddon betas being out, I'd say something about EA/DICE online that would probably get me into trouble.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

We were on a Furry server...

I know, I thought it was funny.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

TubeStank posted:

EDIT 2 EDIT HARDER:

Just got to that part...

43.91% here :smug:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Catpants McStabby posted:

you're not kidding. Thanks to this last update i CAN'T play any vanilla map without a hardlocking crash that requires me to use a loving restore point. Just ... what in the poo poo? If it weren't for the Wasteland 2/Carmageddon betas being out, I'd say something about EA/DICE online that would probably get me into trouble.

You have to use a restore point to fix your computer after BF4 hard locks it? Wow, that's pretty amazing, even for :dice:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Grrr looking at that video I had him down to 10% life with the dao frag combo and the round ended before I could finish the job. Ahh well next time.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Catpants McStabby posted:

Oh cool, good to know it's still happening to at least someone! Extremely professional stuff.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Seriously, there are others in this thread who have gotten a complete refund. I would of done the same thing if I were you.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
At one point in the video, I hit him 3x consecutively with stingers, as fast as they would lock and fire. He was always fully repaired before the next one hit.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
There were a goon or two on the enemy team trying to grab the little bird from him and poo poo like that. He just sits in the menu and clicks furiously on the little bird slot though.

I'm still just happy I shot him out of his helicopter with the P226. Couldn't find the screenshot button for it though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Have someone on his team stick c4 to it and then blow it up with the MAV

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I unlocked the Scar H. Worse in every category than ACE and smaller clip? What am I missing here?

I got a Logitech G13 a while back, and I have the thumb stick set up for jump/crouch and map/spot. But I also have one of those adapters that lets you plug in a PS1/2 controller and the game defaults to the analog stick on that so I have to unplug that before running the game. I did the thing in the game controller menu in control panel where you tell it to default to whichever, but the game still goes with the old dual shock. Any way around this without having to unplug it every time?

Also, love how the game runs in a window every time, even though in settings it says borderless. Have to go in and change it to something different, apply, and re-apply borderless setting every time I run the game. Anyone else had this or know of a workaround?

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Much higher damage and quicker reload among other things?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah, it has the highest damage and second-highest range of any assault rifle. I don't really use it that often either, but it's not without merit. Just use it like a baby battle rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
The SCAR-H can two-shot someone with headshots at any range. That's pretty useful in an AR.

• Locked thread