Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alr
May 14, 2009
PSA - go options, controls, weapons, rebind "Change gunner weapon" from ctrl-f to f. Does the same thing as the normal binding for fire mode select, except for whatever reason it's silent rather than being audible from hundreds of meters away.

MrSamurai posted:

I'm dumb; I can't seem to actually get the repair truck to work. What do I need to do to use it?

You should be able to park the repair truck next to whatever you want to repair, hop in the damaged vehicle and have it auto-repair itself. Might need to alt-look at the truck and find a scroll wheel option? Can't recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

MrSamurai posted:

I'm dumb; I can't seem to actually get the repair truck to work. What do I need to do to use it?
Park the truck next to the tank, jump back into the tank, wait and watch the damage indicators go white. Refuel trucks work the same way.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Another way to do Bingo Fuel is to just hop in a Strider. For some reason the AI will refuse to shoot it, only AT soldiers and the pair of AT in the entire mission will try. You can pick one up at the first objective, so you actually have to do that one normally.

Just run them over. They won't break formation or anything for some reason.

Just remember to get AT, though. You'll need to destroy the APC overlooking the hill (Green ! on the south west side) if you don't want to have a hard time coming home. Smooth sailing otherwise.

This is also true for the entire rest of the campaign where the Strider's keys are left in the ignition. Like, say, the next mission. And then the mission after that.

Edit: V Well, more to the point usually a vehicle is side locked. Sometimes they aren't. Striders in particular are up in the air on whether they are or not.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 26, 2014

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Military vehicles don't have keys. A squad of angry riflemen work just fine to prevent thefts.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Flaky posted:

Modchat: HLC's AK pack is great, models, animations and sounds are all much better than Arma 3 standards. If you like playing OPFOR this is a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRs_6oa-uM4

That looks great. Hope we get more weapons from the same guy and that more people will play the game modded.

Speaking of awful weapons, I hate being stuck with fn2000s in the campaign. 5.56x45mm is not a great round in arma 3.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Flaky posted:

Modchat: HLC's AK pack is great, models, animations and sounds are all much better than Arma 3 standards. If you like playing OPFOR this is a must.

That's great and all but if I join a server with the mod activated I get kicked... so my options to use this is pretty limited unfortunately.

PS: Why is there no goon server with this alleged goon repository Conot mentioned last page? I'd much rather play with goons than these pub servers where I get kicked and banned all of the time. Hell, I'll even host it if need be.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 26, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Protip: Many servers only allow certain mods, or no mods at all.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Love Stole the Day posted:

That's great and all but if I join a server with the mod activated I get kicked... so my options to use this is pretty limited unfortunately.

PS: Why is there no goon server with this alleged goon repository Conot mentioned last page? I'd much rather play with goons than these pub servers where I get kicked and banned all of the time. Hell, I'll even host it if need be.

I don't think goons would like playing with you either based on your posting here.

On a different note:
I saw the campaign is finally finished more or less and went to try that out and now A3 won't boot at all. Uninstalled, deleted the various save and appdata folders, updated my graphics drivers, directx, then reinstalled and still not getting anything. It doesn't even have the decency to crash and generate a report, it just doesn't do anything.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

lizzyinthesky posted:

I don't think goons would like playing with you either based on your posting here.

^

You do sound like an annoying, can-do-no-wrong bitch. I wouldn't want to play with you based on what I've objectively read here.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Iiiiit's happening -- properly, this time:

RKSL-Rock posted:

All the joys of ArmA3 features and the usual RKSL ones...
  • Fully working mirrors
  • BIS flares
  • Engine & Smoke effects
  • PhysX support
  • Tweaked Flight model
  • Improved Air Weapons Pack
  • All previous ArmA2 plugins brought over to ArmA3
And a few more...

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hey goonies, do any of you guys play Wasteland or Breaking Point at all?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I used to take a hike in wasteland now and then (ditched Breaking Point due to lack of EU first-person only servers), but I'm on dev build for Zeus along with other goons atm, so that is on hold for now.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Slashrat posted:

I used to take a hike in wasteland now and then (ditched Breaking Point due to lack of EU first-person only servers), but I'm on dev build for Zeus along with other goons atm, so that is on hold for now.

Just googled Zeus. Never heard of it but holy hell it looks awesome!

So its ARMA 3 Multiplayer with a god (Commander) making events, vehicles and lightning bolts?

I'm trying to find people to play Wasteland or Breaking Point with. Wasteland servers all seem to be fairly empty and Breaking Point is pretty bad solo so far.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60w2-BZQino

Really fun HVT mission

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

NuckmasterJ posted:

Just googled Zeus. Never heard of it but holy hell it looks awesome!

So its ARMA 3 Multiplayer with a god (Commander) making events, vehicles and lightning bolts?
Essentially the brainchild of dev Karel Mořický (hell, his Twitter title is "Zeus of Arma"), who also designed the Eagle Wing mini-campaign for Arma 2, but I'll call the Zeus idea more of a "real time editor" (RTE) or "Game Master" mode -- by default a player in a Zeus slot gets access (either alongside or instead of controlling a character normally) to the Zeus interface -- for non-Zeus players the same keybind "pings" Zeus to get their attention -- from which they can indeed place down "events, vehicles and lightning bolts" as well as objectives (custom or premade), infantry, special effects, 'strikes' (i.e. mortar or air), or alter certain mission settings (i.e. time and weather)... or it can even be treated like a pseudo-RTS, since there are options for placed items to cost a certain amount of the yellow Resource bar atop some screenshots, which may regenerate under certain circumstances or continually at whatever rate... or you even put together adversarial Zeus matches, such as in the official mission/mode ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa (this custom mission sets it in Kavala instead), or in the user-made Defiance. :haw:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I am in denial, how can the pawnee not have countermeasures? Combined with the copilot seat bug that seems to happen to me all the time, and lack of bullet proof glass, this is a chopper I am almost guaranteed to die in.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

NuckmasterJ posted:

I'm trying to find people to play Wasteland or Breaking Point with. Wasteland servers all seem to be fairly empty and Breaking Point is pretty bad solo so far.

Breaking Point isn't too bad solo. I was having fun with it, found a red engine heli that worked and flew it around for a bit picking poo poo up, killing people. Then I was going to log off and I clipped a rock landing on an island. Now I'm stranded with nothing but a broken heli and the native chicken population.

My experience with wasteland is lovely every single time I load into a server. It's so loving boring it's stupid. Went solo the first time, got a gun out of the back of one of the millions of cars littering the island then ran around failing to find fun. The next time I joined blue and they were having a "Friendly fire fight" in a small base, which is basically 4 people hiding and missing all their shots. The last time was the best I guess joined a group with a dude, killed some AI, found a ifrit and drove around till I was shot by an friendly APC whose UI glitched.

I know people will hate me for this but Atlis Life is legit pretty funny. Pretty much an rear end in a top hat simulator. You need to find subtle ways to troll the poo poo out of people without getting arrested. Something magical happens when you put together people who take poo poo way to serious and people that give absolutely no shits.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Shadowlz posted:

Breaking Point isn't too bad solo. I was having fun with it, found a red engine heli that worked and flew it around for a bit picking poo poo up, killing people. Then I was going to log off and I clipped a rock landing on an island. Now I'm stranded with nothing but a broken heli and the native chicken population.

My experience with wasteland is lovely every single time I load into a server. It's so loving boring it's stupid. Went solo the first time, got a gun out of the back of one of the millions of cars littering the island then ran around failing to find fun. The next time I joined blue and they were having a "Friendly fire fight" in a small base, which is basically 4 people hiding and missing all their shots. The last time was the best I guess joined a group with a dude, killed some AI, found a ifrit and drove around till I was shot by an friendly APC whose UI glitched.

I know people will hate me for this but Atlis Life is legit pretty funny. Pretty much an rear end in a top hat simulator. You need to find subtle ways to troll the poo poo out of people without getting arrested. Something magical happens when you put together people who take poo poo way to serious and people that give absolutely no shits.

I've played a few hours of Breaking Point by myself and its ok. The new class system looks pretty neat and it might stop some of the kill on sight that everyone does. I have yet to see a vehicle that isnt a non working hulk. Every time i die, I pretty much find tons of food and water, a 9mm Pistol and then a AK then hoard magazines. At that point I wander around till I get shot. It would probably be better with other people and mumble.

Wasteland has been a huge waste of time like you said yourself. Altis servers are just so drat big, even on ones where you capture and hold locations its still pretty drat boring compared to Arma 2 Wasteland. Even on Stratis maps it sucks. There's usually no communication or grouping and one shot sniper rifles are cheap enough that most of the Independents have them and are in bushes camping weapon stores.

Altis life is interesting though. I would love to troll people one day, but for now I just try to make a bit of cash on the server I tried. I usually end up crashing my truck, cant figure out how to repair it then rage quit. Good times!

I've been playing the single player Campaign though and its pretty dang awesome! I can only imagine multiplayer custom missions must be a hoot.

*Edit* Breaking Point seems to have a fun bug now where when you are killed, you respawn at the exact spot you were killed at. I logged in and was insta killed by a guy, so I respawned and shot him in the face while he was looting my corpse.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 28, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So a landed Mohawk can take two RPG 42 direct hits without exploding or killing the crew :allears:

Flaky posted:

Oh so the engine can do decent reload animations even down to the charging handle, BI just don't make any. Great.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 30, 2014

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I prefer to think of everything in the game as a W.I.P.

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014

Flaky posted:

I prefer to think of everything in the game as a W.I.P.

Thats because it is.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Posted this to reddit and thought I'd mention it here as well.

I got the idea a while after seeing the inter-server races. I thought that since the game's community is splintered by design into groups of friends who milsperg it up to do missions together that maybe there could be a way to have them compete against eachother in the same missions to see who could do the same missions in the most efficient and timely manner such that it would be with missions they'd never played before.

I was reminded of an old TV show from the early 2000s called Combat Missions and thought that maybe we could bring that kind of format to ArmA 3.

Just pitching the idea. I wrote more details in that reddit post that I linked at the beginning of the post if anyone cares.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 30, 2014

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Congrats, you are only however many years since Arma I came out late with that idea.

Inter-community events have been a thing forever, something you might have figured out if you had bothered to do 5 minutes of googling.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Conot posted:

Congrats, you are only however many years since Arma I came out late with that idea.

Inter-community events have been a thing forever, something you might have figured out if you had bothered to do 5 minutes of googling.

drat conot, you're a miserable gently caress holy poo poo. Youre exactly the kind of guy peoe talk about when they say sperglord.

love, add me on steam, same name.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Sounds like a fun idea. One suggestion is a using dedicated OPFOR player team instead of the AI to give more of a challenge. The OPFOR team could also be the referees.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

always be closing posted:

drat conot, you're a miserable gently caress holy poo poo. Youre exactly the kind of guy peoe talk about when they say sperglord.

love, add me on steam, same name.

I'm sorry if I've grown tired of one persons consistently oblivious posting in the thread. I'll try and be more positive in the future.

Although you are correct that I'm a miserable gently caress, I consider it a virtue.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Conot posted:

I'm sorry if I've grown tired of one persons consistently oblivious posting in the thread. I'll try and be more positive in the future.

Although you are correct that I'm a miserable gently caress, I consider it a virtue.

You didn't think I was so bad when we attacked Mike-26 together then swam to the chopper on the stratis airbase last week on my hosted server with that guy Scott on the Goon Swarm Mumble server.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 30, 2014

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

That was my secret evil twin who is halfway not terrible at ARMA 3.

Also not as much of a miserable gently caress.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
I've tried a number of the missions from the steam workshop. So far this guy's stuff seems to be the absolute best I've seen. I love the open-endedness that Arma can do, but the arma 3 campaign didn't really have any of it. These missions have actual interesting objectives, are well made and completely open-ended.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228186879

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Do goons play this online still? I havent seen people that much on mumble, plus havent been invited to the steam group either.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/punakone Add me.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Kashwashwa posted:

I've tried a number of the missions from the steam workshop. So far this guy's stuff seems to be the absolute best I've seen. I love the open-endedness that Arma can do, but the arma 3 campaign didn't really have any of it. These missions have actual interesting objectives, are well made and completely open-ended.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228186879

I got past the first two objectives in this mission and I'm both impressed and inspired by it. It makes me want to open the editor and try to one-up the guy.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Played the a3 version of battle royale startis, it was fantastic. Everyone gets dropped from a plane and the games begin! No zombies, full auto weaponry, real smooth controls, cant wait to see what they do with it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

punakone posted:

Do goons play this online still? I havent seen people that much on mumble, plus havent been invited to the steam group either.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/punakone Add me.

This has been exactly my experience as well, actually. In the games>private servers section there is a thread for a group of goons who don't post itt. They play wed/thursdays (american time). I joined in 2 weeks ago and had a great time. They just host a private server (non-dedicated) and meet in their own special mumble server.

As for the goonswarm mumble, I also haven't seen anyone at all. I would idle there for days and nothing.

The arma community seems pretty splintered and schizophrenic imo. A lot of schizoids everywhere I go. The only people I can interact normally with are other newbies or outcasts, I feel.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We generally don't post in this thread much because our play style (no mods, no ACRE, no TvT) doesn't really mesh with 'main armagoons'. We're also all flight sim spergs and already hang out in the various flight sim IRC channels. That being said, despite the thread barely ever having any activity, we do play almost every Wednesday.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613950

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Love Stole the Day posted:

The arma community seems pretty splintered and schizophrenic imo. A lot of schizoids everywhere I go. The only people I can interact normally with are other newbies or outcasts, I feel.

Aint that the truth.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'll probably call on some goons tomorrow to help me test the inclusion of revive scripts in Zeus

(And by extension, how much of a bribe FCN is willing to offer for me to include it in the NATO variant of ZGM :D )

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
If any of you liked the Arma 2 AI mod Group Link 4 (GL4), it's gotten an Arma 3 port as Group Link 5 (GL5), albeit "all FX modules (also HC for now) have been removed as GL5 Core is AI enhancement only".

EDIT: Spotted on Facepunch's Arma 3 thread, cannot attest as to how much of this is walkable:

Chortles fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 1, 2014

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

At last, a Kevin Costner's Waterworld mod!

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
NEW DLC ANNOUNCED Not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSAJdRpqltM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

At last, a Kevin Costner's Waterworld mod!

I was thinking more an altis life gameplay style but set on that floating libertopia seastead.

Branis fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 1, 2014