Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

TheChad posted:

So what is in the email? :)

Links that man was never meant to click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Volmarias posted:

Links that man was never meant to click.

Why would nvining include links to 4chan?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Reply sent, the forums account confirmation went to my spam folder for reasons.

TheChad posted:

Male performance enhancements.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

TheChad posted:

Coupons for the purchase of Happy Homes(r) brand Meat Bricks(tm), now available in Orphan, Poet, and Miner flavors!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TheChad posted:

It's a 4 Gigabyte .iso sent via 4000 separate rar files that have to be combined in a specific order that can be found in clues throughout the various blog posts.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TheChad posted:

A physical addresss request so they can ship the Gaslamp VR sets out.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Oh man there's testing going on for this game isn't there. :aaaaa:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TheChad posted:

All I got was a picture of my own face, screaming. The time stamp on the email is several days from now.

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
(Some more dickering about what needs to get in before REV14 hits and we let you in. Hang tight, gents, and get those forum registrations to me if you haven't done so yet.)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

nvining posted:

(Some more dickering about what needs to get in before REV14 hits and we let you in. Hang tight, gents, and get those forum registrations to me if you haven't done so yet.)

A) You bastards I'm going to have that stuck in my head ALL DAY

B) You still have yet to answer my questions.

c) I may be able to answer those myself soon.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

A) You bastards I'm going to have that stuck in my head ALL DAY

B) You still have yet to answer my questions.

c) I may be able to answer those myself soon.

You  will  be  able  to  answer  ALL  questions  yourself  soon.:magical:

vvvv confirming this

President Ark fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 2, 2014

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TheChad posted:

Nobody knows, because when you open the email cogs just spill out of your monitor until they fill the room.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

nvining posted:

I had signed up for the newsletter back when you had the big reveal trailer. I assume this is not the same?

Fake edit: It is not. I've signed up for your forums using the same name as here.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 2, 2014

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

DeathSandwich posted:

I had signed up for the newsletter back when you had the big reveal trailer. I assume this is not the same?

Fake edit: It is not. I've signed up for your guy's forums using the same name as here.

Yeah, unless you were explicitly called out to have a golden ticket, you are out of luck (for now)

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

nvining posted:

Is the forums thing just addressed to the golden ticket people or what? I'm signed up on the forums with the same name as here in any case.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
i t I s B e A u T i F u L

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!
I presume this Golden Ticket lark is supposed to end in one of us taking over Gaslamp Games and the rest suffering humiliating and appropriate comeuppances?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
One of us will eventually take over Gaslamp Games by means of a fantastic golden spaceship powered by the imagination!

Which of course flies directly into Cthulhu's mouth like a big gold pill

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's all in the email. You stole fizzy lifting goo, you bumped into the obelisks which now have to be cleaned and sterilized so you get nothing! You LOSE. Good day, sir!

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

AndroidHub posted:

Is the forums thing just addressed to the golden ticket people or what? I'm signed up on the forums with the same name as here in any case.

What he said. In the gaslamp forums with the same user name (but with an underscore).

nvining
May 30, 2011

Royal W posted:

What he said. In the gaslamp forums with the same user name (but with an underscore).

Golden tickets only at this time, thanks. Not to say that we don't notice initiative in these parts...

Rudi Starnberg
Jul 8, 2012
I have initative! Look, it says it right there; initative.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

nvining posted:

Didn't see it before now, sent :ohdear:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'd love an invite, but would settle for confirmation that game objects are physics enabled to an extent, and/or the possibility of weaponizing your industrial inputs/outputs. I've had too much fun with the brick gatling gun you can make in gnome fortress, if I can do something similar, I will be a very happy consumer.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Deki posted:

I'd love an invite, but would settle for confirmation that game objects are physics enabled to an extent, and/or the possibility of weaponizing your industrial inputs/outputs. I've had too much fun with the brick gatling gun you can make in gnome fortress, if I can do something similar, I will be a very happy consumer.

You can make a brick gatling gun in gnome fortress?! Time to load that back up while waiting for the factory to open.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
How did I never come across this game before? It sounds amazing. It must have been painful for all of you that have been following this game for over 2 years.

Is the end in sight? Was it worth the wait?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Philosopher King posted:

How did I never come across this game before? It sounds amazing. It must have been painful for all of you that have been following this game for over 2 years.

Is the end in sight? Was it worth the wait?

Ive been following since this thread started. So far it's been worth every minute.

nvining
May 30, 2011

The muse is upon me:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/02/the-fishman/

Glub, glub, glub.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

This is amazing. :allears:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I like the icons. So is it a high-level pro strategy to stick flags everywhere like a American city?

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
Sure, so long as you don't worry about the cannibalism and the contents of the stew.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

I'm docking you half a point for rhyming triangle with angle but that's still probably the best raven rewrite i've ever seen.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

I like the icons. So is it a high-level pro strategy to stick flags everywhere like a American city?

That will only rile up the separatists :tinfoil:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

the impressions of the journalists who visited before.
“They struggled with the game,” I muttered, “having never played before.
These struggles I do so deplore.”
If I ever make a game I'm going to add a very easy difficulty, recommended if you have never seen a computer before, have severe mental disabilities or are a game reviewer. Feed them to the fishmen.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

quote:

“Here’s some mockups! Here’s some pictures! Here’s a hundred brand new features,
slowly creeping… wait, you’re weeping! Weeping now upon the floor.”

Made me laugh a lot

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Steel, gold, bronze, tin, iron, copper?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

nvining posted:

Golden tickets only at this time, thanks. Not to say that we don't notice initiative in these parts...

I can't remember if I had previously registered on your forums or not, so I went and did it again. In as "The Valentine's Crab".

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
#3 looks more like brass to me.

(remember this game is about cogs)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

#3 looks more like brass to me.

(remember this game is about cogs)

Yeah, now that you mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
That update was amazing. As for the moods mockups - I'd prefer either version where the text isn't hidden in a mouseover. I've got plenty of screen estate and mousing over funny but somewhat obtuse icons doesn't help the whole emergent narrative thing. The outcome is likely I'll mostly not mouse over and read it at all, rather than go through each of my citizens as they do something interesting and try to work out why they just started wearing carp on their heads.

• Locked thread