Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Are you guys being willfully dense or what?

They're just pointing out a mixed metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Silver2195 posted:

They're just pointing out a mixed metaphor.

Are you telling me that your psychologists are not skeletons?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Are you telling me that your psychologists are not skeletons?

Dammit, Jagger, Bones is a doctor, not a psychologist.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Somfin posted:

Dammit, Jagger, Bones is a doctor, not a psychologist.
I want off Dr. Bones' Wild Ride :(

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Are you guys being willfully dense or what?

One could posit the same to those asking such a question in the politoon thread.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Al Harrington posted:

jesus loving christ

was this his cartoon response to sandy hook as well?

Who even remembers what shooting that was for though

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh yes, the massacre in the Beige Void, I remember it well.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Saint Sputnik posted:

Statistically, it is not how good you are with a gun (or even if you have one) that improves your survival rate in a shooting, but your ability to find suitable cover. AGC.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BirdOfPlay posted:

Statistically, it is not how good you are with a gun (or even if you have one) that improves your survival rate in a shooting, but your ability to find suitable cover. AGC.
He really does kind of undermine his point. That sign has taken four bullets already. Those dopes who aren't behind the sign probably wish they had been behind it.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Not pictured is the IRS agent who proposed auditing an unemployed psychopath living out of a trailer getting laughed out of the office.

No, Muir, contrary to your belief that the Man gives a flying gently caress about you and your failure to file income tax returns, you probably don't owe them poo poo and you're probably shooting yourself in the foot by not claiming tax credits you narcissistic fuckwit.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I don't remember if Lalo Alcaraz has ever been posted in this thread, but one of his cartoons from 2002 just became eerily prophetic (the right picture is from outside the Cleveland Indians' home opener):

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vogon Poet posted:

I don't remember if Lalo Alcaraz has ever been posted in this thread, but one of his cartoons from 2002 just became eerily prophetic (the right picture is from outside the Cleveland Indians' home opener):

Man, that guy looks so confused. He's like "should I acknowledge this? Should I just ignore it? What the hell do I do about this loving white guy in front of me?"

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

MisterBadIdea posted:

WALLET.

I like to think that I'm jaded enough that I no longer feel the need to point out overlabeling, but seriously, WALLET.

It's the FIRED FOREVER guy!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"I've been fired forever because of state budget cuts! What am I going to do!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Find a job in politoons, apparently.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

JT Jag posted:

He really does kind of undermine his point.

An accurate summation of political cartoons

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 5, 2014

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

drat you, free market, for doing things differently than how I wanted you to do them!

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

colonel_korn posted:

These ran on TV in Canada for a while, like during primetime hours and stuff. I think they might have been pulled after there were complaints. Possibly :nms: (especially the first one :gonk: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCyVku1HvI
Germans made this... :nms: but if you have the humor of a 12 year old(like me) funny as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vogon Poet posted:

Maybe I'm projecting my embarrassment onto the white guy, but he at least looks like he realizes what a shitbag he's being. Doesn't it look like he's awkwardly, shamefacedly attempting to explain himself, or is this just wishful thinking?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

I find it hard to believe a Redskins fan willing to dress up like that is capable of feelings such as embarrassment.

edit: Indians fan, my mistake, but same sentiment stands.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

drat you, free market, for doing things differently than how I wanted you to do them!

Seriously, this is one of those :qq: but free speech! :qq: things that has nothing at all to do with free speech because the government wasn't involved at all, and it's actually an amazing example of negative social sanctions and "the free market" taking their toll on someone who's done wrong.

But try telling that to Mike "bring me before Kirschen and tell him I'm Palestinian" Lester. God i hate that man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

corn in the bible posted:

It's a repeat but John Rule just posted this:

I love that the guys left behind to die are screaming GOD IS GREAT as they plummet towards their deaths.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

I love that the guys left behind to die are screaming GOD IS GREAT as they plummet towards their deaths.

I think you mean crying out for mercy from their false moon god.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Yeah, when I saw that picture I immediately thought of that Lalo Alcaraz cartoon.

Speaking of which, reading through his archive...

That's pretty much what those right wing cartoonists were like few weeks ago.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, when I saw that picture I immediately thought of that Lalo Alcaraz cartoon.

Post more of this guy cause this owns bones

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Lalo Alcaraz does a lot of cartoons on race relations, being a Latino cartoonist (although he was born in San Diego). He does a comic strip called "La Cucaracha". Recently he became a writer for Seth MacFarlane's new show "Borderland"

These cartoons are from March/April of 2001, so 13 years ago.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Mister Beeg posted:

Lalo Alcaraz does a lot of cartoons on race relations, being a Latino cartoonist (although he was born in San Diego). He does a comic strip called "La Cucaracha". Recently he became a writer for Seth MacFarlane's new show "Borderland"

Ahahahaha. What a goofy image but now I feel bad at laughing at the political impotence of marginalized immigrants.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Sputnik posted:

That was the Annapolis shooting if I remember correctly.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Mister Beeg posted:

Lalo Alcaraz :effortless:

Really nice contribution. I love some of the composition work, but the pesticides element makes me nervous, as does any interaction with noted bastion of cultural sensitivity Seth "Black Gay Jew Crip Pedo Emmy Repeat" MacFarlane.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mister Beeg posted:

Cartoon of the year.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

This one is a pretty niche topic, but I'm blown away by how clever the reference and imagery is. Reference to well understood cultural symbols combined with a relevant topic of the day, artistically well presented and without unnecessary labels. Very nice.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xanderkish posted:

Mozilla is non-profit, I believe, sounds pretty darn so-shu-ha-list to me.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Browsing Alcarez's archives, I discovered that last August he drew the most :c00l: pope ever.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

FRENZIES ON
POPOULOUS

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Vogon Poet posted:

Browsing Alcarez's archives, I discovered that last August he drew the most :c00l: pope ever.

It's like seeing an old friend again...

Raz's edit is good too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The Crusades and Inquisition were awesome.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
"Fruits." Ha ha. Because they're fags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Making a business bake you a cake is exactly the same as forcibly and unwillingly converting a heathen human being, thanks for the clarification Muir.

• Locked thread