Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Prisoner posted:

You guys had better start thinking of a cutting-edge Scott Gomez-based new identity for me.

Great Scott!
Feb 9, 2008

(Picture of hopeful Gomez)
No, not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Scott Gomez Addams

(Picture of Gomez's face photoshopped on Raul Julia's body, in his role as M. Bison from that godawful street fighter movie)

Just about the worst thing you've ever seen.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

i am not so sure posted:

If five or more of these Devils-related things do not happen, I will pay $10 and change my username to anything decided upon by the Rangers fan collective at SAS.

1. Brodeur plays 40 games
2. Jagr puts up 50 points
3. Lamoriello adds a former Devil player to the roster by the trade deadline
4. The total goals scored by the defense corps during the season will be more than 30
5. The Devils make the playoffs
6. Tedenby gets waived or traded
7. Anton Volchenkov gets traded
8. The powerplay is better percentage-wise than it was last year
9. The Devils advance to the second round
10. The Devils finish ahead of the Flyers

If the Devils miss the playoffs, the Rangers fan collective must develop an avatar for me (I will pay) involving the 1994 Rangers.

Unless the Devilsinda miracle themselves into the playoffs I am going to have a username/avatar decided by Rangers SAS and that sucks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flakeloaf posted:

that godawful street fighter movie

WHOA WHAT THE gently caress

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Pete Deboer tried really hard to get that 1st toxx statement for you, sorry duder :(

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Scott Gomez Addams

(Picture of Gomez's face photoshopped on Raul Julia's body, in his role as M. Bison from that godawful street fighter movie)

I love this conceptually but I'm not sure who gets to be the final arbiter over what I become. I suppose it should be put to a vote.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Edmonton has 65 points and can finish with a maximum of 71. Calgary has 73 points and can finish with a maximum of 81. So I guess I will fins some Calgary charity to prepare to donate too (flood relief probably unless theres a great suggestion)

:negative:

Yakupov is done for the season and 19 points behind Tarasenko so I'll need one of those blues avatars, please

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JoelJoel posted:

]1) If Bernier's save percentage is better than Reimer's was last year (.924) I will buy six sandwiches at Metro and hand them out to the homeless in downtown Ottawa (maybe video and upload, if I can find a way to do it without offending or identifying anyone). If he does surpass Reimer's save percentage I will simply donate $20 to a charity of PK loving SUBBAN or flakeloaf's choosing.
Won - .923 and he's done for the season.

quote:

2) If John Tortorella has a job in Van-city come playoff time, I will snail mail a letter to the Canucks organization written in magic marker with my non-dominant hand telling them why they are the best hockey club in Canada (~250 words).
Lost (probably) - really wish I said the draft instead of playoff time but oh well. I'll post the text shortly.

quote:

3) If (when) the Leafs miss the playoffs, I will eat one McDonals bacon cheeseburgers (with nothing but three toppings put forward by the next goon to toxx for anything leafs related any topping or sauce but relish) per point they are out of the playoffs (max 9) in one sitting, then likely proceed to projectile vomit through my nose and feel like poo poo for two days. YouTube vid (including puking if the three toppings are bad enough).
Lost (most likely) - now it's just a matter of how many I have to eat. Still waiting on topping suggestions. I was thinking mayo, pickles, and red onions. :barf:

quote:

4) If any Leafs wins a major award I will buy a very tight fitting Ottawa shirsey and wear it for a whole weekend in the summer.
Won (probably)

quote:

Bonus - If three of the four happen (Bernier save%, Torts still in Van, no leafs post season, a major leaf player award) I will pay for Kafka Esq. to assign me whatever awful avatar he should choose and buy him a decent one not praising a bigot.
Unless a leaf player manages to win a major trophy, I'm safe.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

The Prisoner posted:

You guys had better start thinking of a cutting-edge Scott Gomez-based new identity for me.

The Prisoner.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flakeloaf posted:

Scott Gomez Addams

Alternate title suggestion:

"When you made 150,000 dollars it was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

VJeff posted:

"When you made 150,000 dollars it was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

... and I wasn't even on the trip.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

VJeff posted:

Here's your champion right here.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

JoelJoel posted:

Lost (most likely) - now it's just a matter of how many I have to eat. Still waiting on topping suggestions. I was thinking mayo, pickles, and red onions. :barf:

Not gross enough. Ask for the fish filet sauce.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

VJeff posted:

Yessssss

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Where does one get a Tyler Bozak shirtzee online?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Where does one get a Tyler Bozak shirtzee online?

Same place one gets a Jacob Silfverberg shirtzee :(
I'm considering buying a plain ol' Ducks shirt and begging the pro shop to customize it for me

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

The Prisoner posted:

Something like this WIP?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
please change your name to SCOTTY 2 HOTTY

can someone photoshop frosted tips onto scott gomez

e: frosted tips protruding from the top of a bucket hat ala

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vigilance posted:

Crosby is gonna score 120 or more points and if he doesn't I'll buy an avatar of SAS' choosing and wear it until the start of next season.

well he's not going to score 120, or even come close, sooo I'll buy whatever dumb avatar someone wants to wrangle up for me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
it should be a picture of henrik sedin, the only art ross winner to obliterate crosby in an honourable season

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Scotty Doesn't Know (how to score anymore)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gillis out. Now just fire Torts. Do it now.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Rangers people, start thinking of a username/avatar combo for me, Devils are toast

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

i am not so sure posted:

Rangers people, start thinking of a username/avatar combo for me, Devils are toast

username--Brodeur's Nanny

avatar--a smiling marty broduer with red and black text that says "IF YOU THINK MY GAA IS BIG, [small text] you oughta see my ego, which cost the devils a playoff spot and let me not shake hands with sean avery, greatest hockey player of the last ten years at least"

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I gotta admit Brodeur's Nanny is fuckin hilarious. The text goes on too long, but "if you think my GAA is big, you should see my ego" is pretty good too. Its gonna be embarrassing but funny. Need other suggestions/approval from RAS

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers will be in the playoffs. If they are not I will cheer for the Penguins or the Rangers until they are eliminated from playoff contention. An avatar will be purchased as well as a Jersey t-shirt.

G a prophet.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I don't know. I say keep it simple.

Just a still image of Sean Avery looking all fashionable and smug and poo poo. No text. The picture tells the story.

This, basically:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Overwined posted:

I don't know. I say keep it simple.

Just a still image of Sean Avery looking all fashionable and smug and poo poo. No text. The picture tells the story.

This, basically:

i'm aboard

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
MARTY BRODEUR with just the Aves pic above would be great. Maybe slap a boxc-esque two colour frame on it

Also PK is gonna run me for $30 to charity it looks like. Dudes slacking off

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm fond of this.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Speaking of Broduer wasn't it in the cup finals against Anahiem where they kept showing pictures of his wife in the stands and then later that year is when we found out Brodeur was loving someone else or am I remembering that wrong

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Levitate posted:

Speaking of Broduer wasn't it in the cup finals against Anahiem where they kept showing pictures of his wife in the stands and then later that year is when we found out Brodeur was loving someone else or am I remembering that wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Brodeur#Personal_life

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

All pretty good suggestions, gotta agree on one for both username and avatar before I go ahead with it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

i am not so sure posted:

All pretty good suggestions, gotta agree on one for both username and avatar before I go ahead with it.

For the record, I'm not part of RAS. I just like making gifs.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

username--Brodeur's Nanny

avatar--a smiling marty broduer with red and black text that says "IF YOU THINK MY GAA IS BIG, [small text] you oughta see my ego, which cost the devils a playoff spot and let me not shake hands with sean avery, greatest hockey player of the last ten years at least"

My vote is for this, or the shortened text version. With the requisite thick, two-color border.

Rotten Cookies posted:

If the Islanders don't make the playoffs, I will write a letter to Charles Wangs regarding the Isles' need for DiPietro's return. In crayon. With pictures. At least 500 words.

I mean, I guess I should've started this a while ago, but I'll have to get this done. Looking back, it's not that funny of a toxx. The one I made in the (March?) N/V thread is a better one. Writing it here so I can remember it. If the Isles get Martin Brodeur, I will piss on Nassau Coliseum.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 9, 2014

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If I were voting on a choice for someone else, I would do that too

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'd just like to interject to point out the best part of Marty Brodeur's wikipedia page.

quote:

Brodeur is regarded as an engaging raconteur in his spare time

I'd like to think he included that line himself.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Levitate posted:

That was 2000 against Dallas. By the 2003 playoffs they were split and she was calling Brodeur to tell him who she was loving before every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE
I have my playoff toxxes ready.

1. If Fateo makes it through the entire playoffs without a single ban or probation I will donate 100 kr ($15) to the Norwegian Hockey Fights Cancer.

2. If the Bruins gets through an entire game without getting a single penalty against them I will also donate 100 kr to Hockey Fights Cancer in Norway. I will not count fighting majors as penalties against, simply because the money will go to charity if I lose my toxxes.

E: Actually I will donate 100 kr for each game Bruins get through without getting a penalty.

Grebo fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 10, 2014

• Locked thread