Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
This is Pupsie. She was a cat reincarnated into a dog. I only get to see her every six months because I'm away at college, but she never fails to remind me that she doesn't give two shits. She is a cockapoo (Cockerspaniel Poodle mix). It's a terrible name.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
This is Aria. She is 10 months old, and believe me, she is still VERY MUCH a puppy. Half Siberian Husky, Half Alaskan Malamute. She actually listens A LOT better than Huskies I've had in the past, and picks things up very quickly. Must be the Malamute in her...

Oh, and a little peek back at how cute she was at 2 months old...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My girlfriend and I adopted a cat in India. We have no idea what kind of cat this little guy is, but he rules.

We travelled to the nearby Blue Cross to pick one out. Our little guy was in the first cage we checked. We played with him for a while. He was chill as hell and immediately went to sleep when we picked him up. My kind of cat. We put him down to check on the other cages and see if they had any we liked. We quickly realized they didn't and went back to claim him. This was him.

TAKE ME WITH YOU

After paying the staggering sum of 0 rupees, we headed to the nearest cat store to buy him cat things. He passed out on the way.

We finally got him home with all his new poo poo and he quickly hid under the couch while he assessed the situation.

His friendliness overcame him however and he stepped into the big bright world. Also the food.

I went in to work while my girlfriend kept me updated on the latest happenings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgvCbo0c2Gk

We made dinner afterwards and went to bed. All of us.

Now he's playing with a hair clip doothingy

we haven't named him yet. We're thinking Eleiko or Tandoori.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Meet Honey

Friend of a friend is traveling for several months and can't take care of her, so she gets left on my doorstep. Mutt, claimed to be chug.

Just got her checked up at a vet. He estimates that she's 6 weeks old, says she was weaned off her mom too early so I have to bottlefeed her milk until her teeth are more developed

She's 1lb 5oz, vet says she needs to gain a pound before she can get her shots, so I'm kinda keeping her in quarantine for now

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 13, 2014

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
My cat Boomer who I may have to put down today

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I got a snaaaaaaaaaaaake

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

My little beast.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
My sweet little Pepe passed away peacefully in my arms this morning. He was a very old man and lived a wonderful life. Pepe was the first dog I've ever had, I will miss him dearly and remember him forever. Rest in peace my little Peperoni.

Here's our song, Pepe always loved the Bee Gees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igg3FcaD9B8

fletcher fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 2, 2014

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
^^^ Sorry about your loss. =/

This is Pickles with one of her favorite toys (it's supposed to be a tree trunk and it's stuffed with soft squeaky toys).

She goes after that thing like crazy and some times even picks up the whole tree trunk and shakes it around over her head.

And success!

BlastPHANT1337
Dec 30, 2012

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Ugh where am I supposed to sleep, cat?

CptStupid
Mar 18, 2014

My three dogs, from left to right:

Maggie, 6 year old lab/collie mix. Got her from a rescue home when she was approx 9 months old. We were her 5th home. She is perfect, just needed decent exercise and discipline!

Bailey, 1 year old Jack Russell. Got him as a pup, he is bloody mental despite having his knackers cut off.

Jess, 20 month Jack Russell, from the same mother as Bailey. Full of attitude.

Picture was taken at my holiday home on the coast in the south of England. We go there, my wife and the dogs, every weekend to escape real life for a rest :) We sadly can't have kids, so this is as close as it gets!

McCloud24
May 23, 2008

You call yourself a knight; what is that?
We have two animals right now:

Rosie is our cat; she'll be 6 in July and has been with us since the weekend she was born and found in a factory by my wife's neighbor:

Rosie as a baby

And as an adult

And our new boy, Oliver, who we adopted about a week ago

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

My girlfriend and I adopted a cat in India.

we haven't named him yet. We're thinking Eleiko or Tandoori.

Yes, the latter. Or Tikka. Tikka is a good sound for 'calling'. What a sweetheart, seems like the perfect disposition.

My baby pit/staffy Trixie (Bellatrix) I adopted from a shelter 3 months ago now:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I came home with a box.

This little guy is named Wilbur. He is a "chug," a mix of chihuahua and pug.

In these shots he is getting used to his miniature harness and leash while my wife holds him.

Well, he looks at me,
And I look at him.
And he looks at me,
And I look at him.

After having a short stare-down with our cat Mittens, he runs back to my wife and hides by his crate.

A few hugs and treats later, he is exploring this throw rug.

A process which leaves him sleepy, so he takes a nap in my arms.

Later we took him for his first walk, the results of which were not nearly as photogenic.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Enjoy your puppy mill puppy!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wherever he is from, he seems to like his new crate.

And as you can see, my puppy is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gearing up to go outside.

Not pictured: "Today Was a Good Day" playing in the background.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While human is posting puppy is napping.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
This is my dog Daisy, she's a maltipoo, which is a maltese and toy poodle mix.

This is the one time I've ever seen her use her dog bed:

And this is how she likes to sleep normally, she'll lay down there next to my leg (in this case it's my arm) and eventually she'll doze off:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
~Designer mutts~ are a dumb fad and super boring, hth

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Captain Foxy posted:

~Designer mutts~ are a dumb fad and super boring, hth

That is such a :krad: lizard

Image tax:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Boston Terriers best Terriers

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats
Meet my new best bud, King!

He's a Great Pyrenees puppy, two months old in these pictures now five months old. He never barks, is incredibly social, loves chewing on literally everything, and he's the biggest softy, cuddle-bug, sweet-heart, and most adorable dog I've ever met, let alone own :3: His favourite activity is snuggling :3:

puppy king wuvs everyone

Royal Hammer
Mar 26, 2014
Here are my four furry friends:
Mattie, a purebred longhaired Black+Tan Dachshund (in her Halloween costume):
WAITER! THERE'S SOMETHING IN MY HOT DOG!

Cici, a Dachsund+????? who is awesome no matter what her genes are:

Rambo, my schizophrenic black cat:

And of course, Captain Meowcolm Reynolds, the most captain-y of all my pets:

(I don't mean for it to sound THAT way, but all four of them are rescues. They have
stories to go with them, if there's any interest, I'll post their tales (heh) as well.)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cleaned out the drawer of my desk today and laid down the towel that we were using as Wilbur's bedding in his crate before we got him an actual bed.

Now he can sit beside me while I play video games. :)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also introduced Wilbur to a new toy today.

We got that canvas toy for him at the same time as all of his other toys, and have been introducing him to a new toy every few days. This is the last of them. So much more interesting than the computer or printer near his pup-holder.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

I miss my lil' doge so much :(

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Who has a boopable nose?

You do!!

Angry Pie
Feb 4, 2007
Do you want a piece of me?!
This handsome and noble fellow is Sam.

He eats all stuffies except this lamb which he likes to use as a pillow. :kimchi:

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
So my wife and I rehomed Thor, our ~HUGE WHITE DOG OF MYSTERY~ [spoiler]it was an Akbash[/url] due to being a poor fit for living in a City. My wife wanted another large dog, but reason prevailed. Yesterday the wife went to Berkeley Humane Society and picked up this handsome fellow:

PI, this is Loki. We think he is a cross between a pit and a Catalouha, but who knows.

You can see he has a wound to his foot caused by a benign growth being removed. We took his cone o'shame off him for these photos.

This is him getting up on the couch for the third time in five minutes.

He has a pretty positive happy-go-lucky energy about him. He played fetch for five minutes before getting tired/bored. Which is good because after five minutes, I was getting tired and bored. He is interested in our cats, but a few swats to the nose keeps him at bay.

Our lab/shep mix is completely indifferent to him; literally the first dog we've seen that happen with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-JNJZCLumU

This is him bravely guarding our house against vicious invaders!

So far Loki seems a much better fit for our house than Thor. I really, really am falling in love with this dog. :swoon:

Oxford Comma fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 8, 2014

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.
^good job posting here instead of over in the Big Dogs thread so you wouldn't have to hear about how retarded you are.

You are so retarded. You didn't have an akbash and you managed to get another high energy dog.
Good luck! :D

Have a cat midst barfing. ( Because that's how I feel about your poo poo choices)

NewsGunkie fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 8, 2014

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!

NewsGunkie posted:

^good job posting here instead of over in the Big Dogs thread so you wouldn't have to hear about how retarded you are.

You are so retarded. You didn't have an akbash and you managed to get another high energy dog.
Good luck! :D

Have a cat midst barfing. ( Because that's how I feel about your poo poo choices)

Well thanks for making GBS threads all over the joy I had at finally getting the perfect dog. He's literally the best dog I've ever been around, and fits what our family needs perfectly. I have no idea what I ever did to you to make you wanna be such a dick.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Pit bulls and mutts thereof are the best, disregard all trolls

Factory Ten
Feb 8, 2010
'DON"T WORRY BRO, I'LL BE YOUR CREEPY INTERNET DETECTIVE WHITE KNIGHT WHEN YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!! CALL 1800 WHITE DICK AND I'LL TRACK DOWN OLD PHOTOS OF PEOPLE WHO WERE MEAN TO YOU TODAY!!!!
Have a pic of the pet cat:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

I wonder if the people defending Oxford Comma are familiar with his PI posting history, though his topic about trying to find the impossible dog got archived, so maybe not.

IIRC you wanted a laid back family pet that was going to be good with your small(toddler) children, and boy are you in for a world of hurt if that dog actually is part catahoula. They have an insane amount of energy and take a LOT of work with training, which you already said before you have no interest in doing.

Also did you seriously take a dog out to play fetch that just had surgery? Really? Are you stupid? You're lucky it didn't reopen it's wound, or hurt itself. You'll be very lucky if 5 minutes of fetch tires out a catahoula mix once he has four functioning paws and settles in(+ isn't doped up post surgery), and if that's really all you want to commit to, then I forsee you being the next Wojtek.

P.S. It wasn't an akbash

Edit:

Oxford Comma posted:

Well thanks for making GBS threads all over the joy I had at finally getting the perfect dog. He's literally the best dog I've ever been around, and fits what our family needs perfectly. I have no idea what I ever did to you to make you wanna be such a dick.

People are testy with you because your entire PI post history has been asking for advice and then outright dismissing the mountains of great advice given to you, both about training and about breeds that would fit your lifestyle. Can't you see how that would get frustrating? Hopefully once he settles in and stops being injured, and his energy inevitably sky rockets, he'll still be The Perfect Dog and you don't just return him to the shelter for doing things like Being A Dog. That's all PI wants.

Content:

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 11, 2014

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Oxford Comma posted:

You are a dumb idiot bitch and as someone who has owned actual lgds, your piece of poo poo mutt was not an Akbash, and as someone who has basically dedicated their idiot life to studying apbts and working with working apbts/crosses (involving catahoulas, etc) your new mutt of the day is going to go the way of all your other dogs because you consistently choose dogs based on their physical appearance and their initial reaction towards you and then turn into a dumb idiot bitch and dump them the second their actual breed traits begin to emerge. You are horrible and stupid and should not own pets. Here is my new LGD. Not an Akbash. :)

PROTIPS : take it to the dog park daily, I hear this is how you teach shitbulls to be super duper social until they eat your child.

edit: picture was broken!!!

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 8, 2014

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Holy poo poo, sooooo many people have cautioned me about posting in PI: "PI, not even once, dude." "You'd be better off with the pedo shitlords in Reddit than PI." "I'd snuff my cat before I let anyone in PI pet it."

Those are the people I should've listened to.

I could post clarifications about how my game of "fetch" was rolling a tennis ball across the floor; how his leg wound is a skin wound that is almost healed and the bandage is to keep him from gnawing on it and reopening it; or how a woman who raises Akbash dogs met my former pet as we were rehoming it. She confirmed the breed was Akbash. But why bother?

I'm not going to post a pic in this thread so you guys can poo poo on it, and complain about what a terrible owner I am. I'll take the probate and heed the advice of numerous other goons, and stay the gently caress out of PI.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Oxford Comma posted:

Holy poo poo, sooooo many people have cautioned me about posting in PI: "PI, not even once, dude." "You'd be better off with the pedo shitlords in Reddit than PI." "I'd snuff my cat before I let anyone in PI pet it."

Those are the people I should've listened to.

I could post clarifications about how my game of "fetch" was rolling a tennis ball across the floor; how his leg wound is a skin wound that is almost healed and the bandage is to keep him from gnawing on it and reopening it; or how a woman who raises Akbash dogs met my former pet as we were rehoming it. She confirmed the breed was Akbash. But why bother?

I'm not going to post a pic in this thread so you guys can poo poo on it, and complain about what a terrible owner I am. I'll take the probate and heed the advice of numerous other goons, and stay the gently caress out of PI.

I too prefer to be told what I want to hear instead of what is the advice of literal professionals (vets, trainers, groomers, people who literally get paid - myself included - to do things with dogs).

Here, have a high-energy dog that I researched because I do not have small children:

• Locked thread