Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

karl fungus posted:

I don't like the look on thinner women either. In general I've just seen it so many times and it really looks corny to me. That's just my personal preference though.

Like fedoras and trenchcoats, it's an outdated style and it only looks good in certain scenarios, and if you're attractive to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Waffles Inc. posted:

I can't help but think it's the same mental state that has the male equivalent want to wear "old timey" fashions and fedoras

Wait how did I never make this correlation?

TheDoon
Jul 4, 2013
Ninja in training.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not even a real ninja hand seal.
POSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0oa4GvqBBI

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Apr 8, 2014

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The last thing a blank Tumblr page sees.

alternate: "So tie a yellow ribbon round' the old oak tree."

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Clochette posted:

Like fedoras and trenchcoats, it's an outdated style and it only looks good in certain scenarios, and if you're attractive to begin with.

It's not a great comparison, though, since the fedora sterotype is the rear end in a top hat with the scraggly beard and a DBZ shirt adding a fedora to make him "classy", and the laziness is a large part of why it doesn't work; whereas the pin-up fat girl stereotype goes all the way with a look that just doesn't work for her.

(largely because the classic pin-up look consists of elements designed to play up the tropes of traditional Western female beauty: pale skin, red lips, dark hair, hourglass figure; it's not something inherently sexy, it exists to amplify sexiness that already exists. Fat girls will never look good in the pinup look because it's a style which inherently reinforces traditional standards of beauty.)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

I like how the two bros with poo poo trigger discipline are pointing their weapons straight at someone's head.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Catts posted:

I like how the two bros with poo poo trigger discipline are pointing their weapons straight at someone's head.

Also, the one in the back is holding an airsoft pistol.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

To me the following is invariable:

white guy + goatee + red cap + white tee + jeans = Fred Durst

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Also, the one in the back is holding an airsoft pistol.

I figured they were all airsoft. The guy in the middle has dead eyes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That loving tophat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HardDisk posted:

That loving tophat.

And he's right next to goddamn Uncle Fester.

If you have that kind of head, don't shave it, whatever you do.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Story time: I live next to a state where you can go to the range and rent fully automatic weapons. One time, while I was there, a group of breaux had rented some MP5s and AR-15s and were bro'ing it up when one paragon of cro-magnon intellect suggests they get a group picture. Cue a wave of retards with loaded weapons running to get the prime spot in the Soldier of Fortune group shot.

Minor comedy ensues as I am trying to exit while the range staff was trying to pile in.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

You guys know that Mexico has overtaken the US for obesity levels, right? Now we have fat friends to the south!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

DStecks posted:

Am I seeing things, or did 2 get taller? :confused:

She just looks taller because she's lying on her side.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Disgrace Marines

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
David Letterman as a college radio DJ:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

This picture needs a TLO Roll Call video so bad.

Here's a bonus awkward video I found when I went searching for this video: Anime Club Rap Karaoke.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

My new life goal is to see this car in real life.

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006
Speaking of awkward things inexplicably painted onto car hoods:

I saw this in Durham, NC

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Whats the plan for once you've found it?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

moerketid posted:

I recall when my dad was in the hospital ill, he was in a ward with a dude who had a foot taken off due to diabetes. Rather than some lolfatty the guy was a semi-pro tennis player. :psyduck:

This is from a while back but, you know Diabetes isn't JUST fat people right? In elementary school, one of the best runners in the school had diabetes.
Type 1 is with you for life, Type 2 is adult onset

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Big dick probs

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Thank God the internet and social networking weren't real big things when we were kids.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BgRdMchne posted:

Thank God the internet and social networking weren't real big things when we were kids.

I'm pretty sure this is a kind of joke, made by an adult using a kids pics.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

My new life goal is to see this car in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBShVP9ndsU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a kind of joke, made by an adult using a kids pics.

I don't even know anymore, man. I just don't know. :smith:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

Big dick probs

I love this kind of poo poo

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

guess his politics?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Miltank posted:

guess his politics?

Slytherin?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Miltank posted:

guess his politics?

Looks like the typical College Republican.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Miltank posted:

guess his politics?

Either libertarian, or some weird version of a republican who wants to keep the mud bloods out of 'Murrrica.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Miltank posted:

guess his politics?

I'll go with some weird flavor of rightwinger like a theocrat or monarchist or just as obscure but on the left.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Miltank posted:

guess his politics?

"Young enough to not have been able to vote in the last two elections so lol who even cares about his political leanings"

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

DStecks posted:

It's not a great comparison, though, since the fedora sterotype is the rear end in a top hat with the scraggly beard and a DBZ shirt adding a fedora to make him "classy", and the laziness is a large part of why it doesn't work; whereas the pin-up fat girl stereotype goes all the way with a look that just doesn't work for her.

(largely because the classic pin-up look consists of elements designed to play up the tropes of traditional Western female beauty: pale skin, red lips, dark hair, hourglass figure; it's not something inherently sexy, it exists to amplify sexiness that already exists. Fat girls will never look good in the pinup look because it's a style which inherently reinforces traditional standards of beauty.)

I know lots of girls who like the "pinup" look, and I have determined in my personal experience that it is the red lipstick that is the essential fedora analogue here:

1) "Instant touch of class" - Don't bother doing any other makeup stuff
2) Only looks good on some - Thin lips and unfortunate smiles do not take well to red lipstick, I even think it makes your lips look thinner in some cases.
3) No sense of overall coordination - The wearer usually picks some random shade with no regard to her skin tone/outfit etc. Firetruck red is not the answer to everything.

brain.centipedes
Feb 6, 2010
Facebook!

Nightswimming
Aug 13, 2010

It's not like years ago

Engorgment ring

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Count Freebasie posted:

*pours out some St.Ides for dead, giant goon*