Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I don't know if he's worse than the fire idiot. He's definitely a huge disappointment after the last two.

I hope Kenpachi's shikai is another Kenpachi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Finally an answer on Googly eyes. He apparently was imagined.

Eventhough nothing happened I liked this chapter. It's just Kenpachi having fun and cutting things.

Also, if two people imagine one thing it's twice as big! I bet you didn't know you could quantify imagination.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Also, if two people imagine one thing it's twice as big! I bet you didn't know you could quantify imagination.

If you imagine it to be, so it shall be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It isn't that two people can imagine more intensely, but rather that they can imagine two different things at once.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Except that they both seem to be imagining the same thing, instead of two different things at once.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
It's a pretty loving big double edged sword if you imagine your own death for even a moment then you die in real life.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy gently caress we are about to get a One Punch Man/Bleach crossover!

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Wittgen posted:

I hope Kenpachi's shikai is another Kenpachi.

I really hope it's this.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I really want his shikai release phrase to be, "THIS IS MAKIN' ME HARD..."

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Man, Kenpachi's last fight is going to be this guy? Hopefully whatever Kenpachi does to destroy the meteor doesn't just exist in some mirror universe where nobody else who is fighting cares or comments on it.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

http://www.immortalgeisha.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nozarashi

I really hope that this is the motif for Kenpachi's release, It basically fits for him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

slev posted:

Kenpachi's shikai makes other people bloodthirsty

Really thinking this is the case. The kid is all kinds of confused as to why he's suddenly bloodthirsty and unfocused and he's got a Zaraki grin on his face the entire way through and keeps forgetting to heal up. Kinda funny that he'd be getting an illusion kinda sword after all this time but either Zaraki gets people into a frenzy by just being there or his sword actively encourages fighting when it's released.

Also while I'm at it, I was rereading some of the chapters and I'm calling it: weird fat guy with curly shoes and eye-staff mind controls people. When the sternritter first attack and Gate Guy starts smashing up the research building and making the people inside stab one another they showed a guy standing off in the corner laughing in the same weird way. I wonder who his opponent is going to be?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 9, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

TheWyrmDude posted:

I really want his shikai release phrase to be, "THIS IS MAKIN' ME HARD..."
That's how I read it and that's great.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Rynex posted:

I really hope that this is the motif for Kenpachi's release, It basically fits for him.

That Date Masamune quote has me worried, but it's also :black101: as gently caress.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Off topic, but this page http://readms.com/r/bleach/576/2336/22 is maybe the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

The idea of imagining another version of your self to enhance your imagination capabilities bothers me. Wouldn't the real Grenny have to spend most of his focus imagining the second one, which would only let the second one imagine things? If that isn't the case, then what is stopping him from imagining an infinite amount of himself? I'm putting to much thought into this.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Batmasterson posted:

Off topic, but this page http://readms.com/r/bleach/576/2336/22 is maybe the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

The idea of imagining another version of your self to enhance your imagination capabilities bothers me. Wouldn't the real Grenny have to spend most of his focus imagining the second one, which would only let the second one imagine things? If that isn't the case, then what is stopping him from imagining an infinite amount of himself? I'm putting to much thought into this.

Why can't the other just imagine themselves being the real one and be self-sustaining? As long as neither of them starts to imagine that the other one is the real one, instead, they would both exist as the real Gremmy. He could make an infinite amount of himself, but it seems like any unaligned imagination between the copies will lead to many of them dying.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah that is actually the worst and most non-sensical powerup imaginable for Gremmy. None of it makes sense.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Telling Kenpachi he's boring is probably not the best thing to do if you value life in any way.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Rynex posted:

It's perfect given what unohanas bankai acid rain did to him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm getting a sneaking suspicion his release is a scythe. 3 big time (mainly Euro style) weapons we have yet to see: scythe, one hand axe, 2 hand axe...I only say scythe due to the whole "field" in the translation.

Also, is that the name of his sword or the release name? Everyone else has a word or phrase as their release, but I don't think anyone really has a single Japanese word as the release. Unless "that's great!" Or "this makes me hard" is the release phrase that pays.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

hagie posted:

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion his release is a scythe. 3 big time (mainly Euro style) weapons we have yet to see: scythe, one hand axe, 2 hand axe...I only say scythe due to the whole "field" in the translation.

Also, is that the name of his sword or the release name? Everyone else has a word or phrase as their release, but I don't think anyone really has a single Japanese word as the release. Unless "that's great!" Or "this makes me hard" is the release phrase that pays.

Yes the release phrase is "This makes me hard". Kenpachi is the only person who would get a boner from a batter it makes perfect sense. I realize this could be read sarcastically so I'm going to clarify that I am serious.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

pixaal posted:

Yes the release phrase is "This makes me hard". Kenpachi is the only person who would get a boner from a batter it makes perfect sense. I realize this could be read sarcastically so I'm going to clarify that I am serious.

This is what mangastream translations do to people.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

hagie posted:

Nnoitra's weapons were scythe-like.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Batmasterson posted:

This translation gives "storm scarred" as the translation for Nozarashi.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

hagie posted:

Barrigan had an Axe and Nnoitra had scythes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Honest Ray posted:

Also whatsisface has the two scythe-shurikens on a chain.

Is he even still alive? I forget. BACKGROUND AS gently caress

e: I mean he killed Tousen and got to feel superior and that pretty much ended his entire character arc. Such as it was.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Also whatsisface has the two scythe-shurikens on a chain.

Is he even still alive? I forget. BACKGROUND AS gently caress

e: I mean he killed Tousen and got to feel superior and that pretty much ended his entire character arc. Such as it was.

He got beat by Mask De Masculuine but should be alive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kild posted:

He got beat by Mask De Masculuine but should be alive.

Everyone who got their rear end beaten by Mask should have just died. It isn't like they are gonna get another shot at relevance, now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Honest Ray posted:

So I guess we're down to a Halberd, some sort of gently caress off mace, or a super sized Braveheart type sword.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So if Americans could become shinigami would they like turn into indians with tomahawks? The last two chapters have been great!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gyges posted:

or a super sized Braveheart type sword.

Kenpachi's shikai turns him into Guts.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Gyges posted:

So I guess we're down to a Halberd, some sort of gently caress off mace, or a super sized Braveheart type sword.

Chainsawchainsawchainsawchainsaw

:black101:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tenzarin posted:

So if Americans could become shinigami would they like turn into indians with tomahawks? The last two chapters have been great!

Americans use spirit guns, unless you want to run afoul of the ghost NRA. Of course, there's always that one blonde haired, blued eyed proud Cherokee bound to show up.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Stairmaster posted:

Kenpachi's shikai turns him into Guts.

Oh god yes, Berserker armor crazy mode and all hell breaking loose.

Or the Skull Knight, considering that "motif" Rynex posted before.

Edit: Final showdown- Meteor hits, kills all but Kenpachi, Ichigo shows up and blames Kenpachi for everyones death, they both bankai and battle forevermore.

Knee fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 10, 2014

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Kenpachi's shikai just turns the sword into a small stick and he cuts stuff even better with it because "gently caress you I'm the Kenpachi".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

Kenpachi's shikai just turns the sword into a small stick and he cuts stuff even better with it because "gently caress you I'm the Kenpachi".

It turns into an electric chair he forcibly straps his opponent into.

e: This actually might be 80s enough for Kubo

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Gyges posted:

Was hoping we would get a sword and shield at some point.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kenpachi should wield and electric guitar and he can hit people over the head splitting their skull in half and say loving boring while being loving metal.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So how is Kenpachi going to be written out so Ichigo can fight the big bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

slev posted:

So how is Kenpachi going to be written out so Ichigo can fight the big bad?

Stands back and calls dibs on the winner.

• Locked thread