Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hey it's a new fancy trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz_NnHtyqyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That's actually pretty nice/fancy. Also makes me want Luke Cage even more jesus christ.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
That trailer makes me wish we had a less limited camera.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

gypsyshred posted:

That trailer makes me wish we had a less limited camera.

This is Unreal engine, right? Just give me FPS mode.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I know I just missed a BOGO but how often do they do those? If it's something like once a month it'll be easier to not buy the heroes I want tonight.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I know I just missed a BOGO but how often do they do those? If it's something like once a month it'll be easier to not buy the heroes I want tonight.

They've only done it twice so far, but it's a newer sort of thing. I wouldn't expect it once a month, but maybe like once every two or three months?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not nearly that often. EFFFFFFF YOU KELP

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

In the final group shot they use everyone's default costume but Hawkeye's modern costume

RIP Purple Hawkguy

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Quick question about rush boosts: the tooltip says that if I consume multiple rushes at the same time, the strength of the boost goes up. Does it still only last 1 hour regardless of how many I use, or do the lengths of the boosts stack?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I believe that each boost runs for however long and if two or more boosts overlap, then they stack (according to the diminishing returns) for that time period- so if I pop an XP boost halfway through another one, I get 30 mins of 50%, 30 mins of 75%, 30 mins of 50%.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Running cows tonight at midnight Central Time. Sorry it's so late--long day of work. Let's run 5 in a row for sure. Let me know if you want in. Assuming jubelio and scarletgray/silvergoose for sure? Who wants last in?

Edit:

StashAugustine is in, just let me know for you others above you're all good.

ICR fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 11, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Harlock posted:

In the final group shot they use everyone's default costume but Hawkeye's modern costume

RIP Purple Hawkguy

They're using classic Loki instead of movie Loki, and Groot is weirdly in there.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Eiffel On You posted:

Running cows tonight at midnight Central Time. Sorry it's so late--long day of work. Let's run 5 in a row for sure. Let me know if you want in. Assuming jubelio and scarletgray/silvergoose for sure? Who wants last in?

I'm in.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

If we are able to stay up that late, we're totes in.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I may have to duck out early- I'm on EST and have to get up the next day, so Pacific goons may be able to sneak in.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Quick question about rush boosts: the tooltip says that if I consume multiple rushes at the same time, the strength of the boost goes up. Does it still only last 1 hour regardless of how many I use, or do the lengths of the boosts stack?

Still 1 hour and each unit in the stack is on its own timer though the buff icon will show the duration for the longest one. So if you have a 100% boost with 30 minutes left and pop another boost then you'll have 30 minutes of 150% boost until the first boost runs out then you'll have 30 minutes of 100% boost while the second one runs out. The 2-hour potions stack duration though instead of the stat they boost.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

silvergoose posted:

If we are able to stay up that late, we're totes in.

Yeah we're EST too but we're GOING TO TRY.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's all good. I will try to get on earlier. Consider 12 midnight my latest I'll first pop on. Again, sorry to make it so late.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Double post, but it's so worth it. In other news, TheDink got tore to shreds once again for posting sneak peeks of the new Nightcrawler X-Force costume. Start at Page 8 and watch her break down once again. Big shoutout to my boy Lanying for representing that pubbie love.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1056708/#Comment_1056708

quote:

@Lanying said: Meh, what about the community that wish him to be a more rugged ladies man and not a teenage girl hearthrob/boy band look-a-like? I mean... AoA Kurt is no way near a ladies man. He is mean, cruel and a bit wicked. Sure he loved once but it's gone and he has killed friends because of it... and then he gets modelled as a "ladies man"/pretty boy (they are not the same thing...)

To me it's not accurate and not NC nor AoA NC

The Dink says:

Sorry

I personally do not think he looks like a "teenage girl hearthrob/boy band look-a-like" but maybe I am just blind.

I/we cannot please everyone sighs

quote:

@lightbulb said:

I'm not a huge fan of Nightcrawler but I have to agree with Lanying. This AoA Nightcrawler looks soft featured, has the wrong coloured gloves and boots, and his hair would be better if it were up a bit more.

The Dink says:

Now I remember why I stopped posting sneak peeks sighs

I used the same exact model as before and as I said earlier his boots were black but Marvel requested them to be white to match his gloves >_>

They also approved his hair. This thread was not for feedback but just to show a sneak peek, sorry >_> once it is approved I cannot touch it, and it was approved by a lot of people, I don't just go off and do whatever I want to as much as I would like to.

quote:

The great Lanying once again says:

Argh I am sorry... it's just my opinion but... to me it's so not right.

The costume it'self and the textures are great! The grey could be more white though but it fits the current in-game x-force costumes.

However the hair, skin colour, face shape, facial marking.... it's all wrong... I am so sorry... please don't hate me.... but it's just like nothing I've seen drawn. I've been waiting so long for this costume....

Its a definite skip for me.

If my critique was appreciated I would say:

His hair should be short and spikey... I get it worked well on his default skin but it doesn't work here. It should be a bit wavey but not long.

His skin is not grey-blue, it should be bluer and a bit darker

His mark isn't a lightning bolt shape. Its a zig zag but it's not a harry potter lightningbolt

This is a rugged, nasty version of nightcrawler... yet again with the pretty boy, soft face that just isn't Nightcrawler

Plus the colouring isnt accurate. The boots should be all black. It's not a simple recolour of his calssic

It's also missing the facial shadow, glowing eyes and extra smoke particles on that picture but that could be different in game.

I also decided to pile on this and prepare her for that Psylocke praise she will be receiving when the community darling Butt Floss gets that release:

quote:

@ICR said: As many of us have said thousands of times, stop showing the community sneak peeks. They will always tear them down. You're designing Psylocke right? You are in for a rude awakening if you post a sneak peek. You know this.
@TheDink says:
Oh the whole Psylocke thing frightens me to death

ICR fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 11, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Gives me time to rush from 42 to 60.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Can we report people for being whiny assholes? Everyone should go into the nightcrawler thread and report that scumbag. Dink is awesome, does good work and doesn't deserve that poo poo.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Double post, but it's so worth it. In other news, TheDink got tore to shreds once again for posting sneak peeks of the new Nightcrawler X-Force costume. Start at Page 8 and watch her break down once again. Big shoutout to my boy Lanying for representing that pubbie love.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1056708/#Comment_1056708

I also decided to pile on this and prepare her for that Psylocke praise she will be receiving when the community darling Butt Floss gets that release:

Holy poo poo, I think of myself as a patient person, but I would just lose my mind.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Eiffel On You posted:

Edit:

I might be in for that on Taskmaster.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Eiffel On You posted:

Horrifying poo poo an artist has to put up with

:stonk:

I'm actually a character modeler...

I'm so glad I don't work for Gaz.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

Edit:

I'll try to be on for this.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Eiffel On You posted:

Forum Bullshit

I know the big thing is to make fun of forums posters for getting excited about the scantily clad female models, but this poo poo makes me more angry than anything. What the gently caress kind of entitlement issue gives these people the right to personally attack a person for working? If Gazillion is making her post these threads, I hope they stop, and if they make her keep doing it, I hope she quits. No one deserves to put up with that bullshit.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Platypus Farm posted:

I know the big thing is to make fun of forums posters for getting excited about the scantily clad female models, but this poo poo makes me more angry than anything. What the gently caress kind of entitlement issue gives these people the right to personally attack a person for working? If Gazillion is making her post these threads, I hope they stop, and if they make her keep doing it, I hope she quits. No one deserves to put up with that bullshit.

I think they should be forced to start every reply by typing out:

"I know Marvel, the company that creates and curates all material concerning this character, has looked at and approved every detail of what I'm about to scrutinize but..."

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I'm usually on at that time and am down for cows, I'll check chat when I log in.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Eiffel On You posted:

Edit:

Yeah I am chillin in game.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Marvel heroes 2.4 Patch Notes posted:

Fixed a tooltip issue with Oculus Oroboros where it was rounding to 83 health on hit but actually healing for 82. It now says 82 health, as intended.

Who says the release notes aren't detailed enough?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

gaz un-nerf plz

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Team-up passive procs scale with your hero's DR.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Team-up passive procs scale with your hero's DR.
Time to recalculate that Soulsword damage equivalent.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
This double weekend is treating me quite well so far. Managed to acquire an ASSS and a Pym's in short order, as well as a several uniques. Hit level 50 and popped on the ASSS and a unique I was holding on to and my health went up ~5k.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Baby Proof posted:

Who says the release notes aren't detailed enough?

This just amuses the hell out of me. They'll miss the fact they're way over-reducing cosmic xp or allowing infinite Strange attack buffs but by god they'll get that 1 hp corrected.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Edit: Also, as Frukthero noticed, the scoreboard in Holo-Sim didn't actually go anywhere... so that's something.

Eiffel On You posted:

It's all good. I will try to get on earlier. Consider 12 midnight my latest I'll first pop on. Again, sorry to make it so late.

I want in for Burger times

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 12, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I really wish they'd fix the wave counter. It never tracks the number of defeated bosses in Midtown, stops counting at 99 on goon waves in X-Def, and sometimes doesn't even show the number of students.

I don't think that excuses my last run crapping out at wave seven, though. Ugh.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bieeardo posted:

I really wish they'd fix the wave counter. It never tracks the number of defeated bosses in Midtown, stops counting at 99 on goon waves in X-Def, and sometimes doesn't even show the number of students.

I don't think that excuses my last run crapping out at wave seven, though. Ugh.

Look, functioning UI is HARD, okay?

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
Ha, I just finished up the Remender run of X-Force this week (thanks goons for the recommendation), and AoA NC was pretty spot on. Gaz really needs to realize the sort of sperg they are dealing with concerning this license and just not engage them in the slightest. That poor artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Do multiples of the same blessing stack?

• Locked thread