Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Snowdens Secret posted:

Cigarette lighter port?

I don't think I've ever seen those stock on a bike. The goofy BMW power port, but not a straight up cigarette lighter port (whatever the technical name is.)

Aprilia Mana, Caponord, and Shiver GT all have them (the former in the big faux fuel tank, the latter two in a handy little phone-sized lockable fairing pocket that even has a little hole for feeding power cables out).

Fairly sure Goldwings have them stock too, certainly I've never seen one without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatla
Apr 29, 2004
Blah blah blah.
Took mine in to the shop to get new tires.
I also hooked my garage door opener to the flash to pass switch.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Shuffled 6 of them around the garage today.
I planned on repairing the VFR this week but I don't think that's happening :(

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Backed the preload off a half a turn because i'm not lugging cases around. Feels good.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

New chain and sprockets. Cleaned some more spider webs out of crevices. Will do rego and insurance Monday.

I slacked rear end for a few months on it but now that the FZR is so drat close to being done it's starting to make me nuts. I'm waiting on tires to arrive next week and once I get them put on it should be ready for a shake down run. I love the first ride on the pile of poo poo you brought home in boxes. It's a pretty great feeling only junk restorers know.

Now I just need to find another project so I have something to build/break.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Did you get the wheel in all it's sparkling glory?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My fiancee has said that she's had to use the horn a few times in the past two weeks (I was gone on AZNG AT in Alaska until yesterday), so I finally got around to putting that banshee horn kit on her bike :getin:

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Z3n posted:

Did you get the wheel in all it's sparkling glory?

It's still at Shawns house currently. In the ensuing wheel mailing comedy I sent off a spare SV carrier for machining to have a head start for when the wheel got here. Of course the wheel eventually got here but the guy fell off the face of the planet.

I found that the BT52 that the CB1100 uses is the same size 18 as the FZR so I'm just going to use that for now with an S20 front. At least they are all radials and modern and whatever. I really just want to get this thing on the road for the spring. I got the days off for June and just need to make sure I'll have a bike for the track and to ride around while I'm up there.
If guy sends me an update and/or my kit I'll get some Supercorsas on the sparkly wheel and a spare front to keep for the track.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
What machining does the sprocket carrier need? I could probably do it, if it came to that.

Did you get payment and all sorted out for the trackday.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I honestly don't have a clue. I was just being lazy and figured the kit for $350 was a good deal.
I've got a buddy who's a machinist and could definitely mill it and turn me spacers and crap but I have no patience at the moment for measuring and fitting x1000 until it works. Then I'd still have to find a caliper and make a bracket for that too.

I was planning on sending the money up for the track day on Monday. I'm turning it into a mini vacation and taking a few days to visit some friends in Oakland. I'll head up that way on Sunday some time early-ish and we can meet up for some food or something if you're not super busy with pre-trackday cranky bikes.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
Hit 21k this past week on my 03 Aprilia Falco so I decided it was time for some TLC.

Put in a new Yuasa maintenance free battery, new DID chain, new sprockets, new Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear tire(The front is a PR3 with ~3k on it), new OEM air filter, and new NGK sparkplugs. Doesn't feel too different although it does seem to be a little happier starting up in the cold.

Next on the list is an oil change this Sunday along with bleeding the brakes and clutch.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

EvilCrayon posted:

Hit 21k this past week on my 03 Aprilia Falco so I decided it was time for some TLC.

Put in a new Yuasa maintenance free battery, new DID chain, new sprockets, new Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear tire(The front is a PR3 with ~3k on it), new OEM air filter, and new NGK sparkplugs. Doesn't feel too different although it does seem to be a little happier starting up in the cold.

Next on the list is an oil change this Sunday along with bleeding the brakes and clutch.

Want to see pics of this bike, apriliabro

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
After having two goddamn license plates AND a battery stolen, today I replaced some hardware with square-drive fasteners. Hopefully it's enough of a inconvenience/deterrent to get these assholes to move to the bikes around the corner.

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003
Got everything hooked up and ready to go. Rolled it out and hit the starter...nothing.

Rechecked the wiring and couldn't find anything wrong, and the fuses are all good.

The kill switch was on :frogbon:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

After having two goddamn license plates AND a battery stolen, today I replaced some hardware with square-drive fasteners. Hopefully it's enough of a inconvenience/deterrent to get these assholes to move to the bikes around the corner.

Aren't you in Seattle? Canada and its infinite supply of Robertson screwdrivers are just across the border, dude...

How come you didn't go for rivets?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Broke the Speed Triple out of storage and took it for a spin. I stuck it in there about a year ago when I got the Futura, with the intent of swapping between them occasionally, so I hadn't really prepped it to sit long, but it still fired up immediately. Threw some fresh gas in to mix with the old stuff, topped up the tires and it was ready to go. The battery was pretty much shot when I parked it, so I've got another on order to swap in before it has a chance to strand me.

I'd forgotten how rowdy the engine note is and what fun it is to give it the gas, and that's with stock pipes. The Triumph triple and the Rotax 990 are two of the most fun engines out there for the street and I love getting to zip around on both of them :madmax:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

Aren't you in Seattle? Canada and its infinite supply of Robertson screwdrivers are just across the border, dude...

How come you didn't go for rivets?

Largely because I don't have a drill, so removing them would be a pain in the rear end. If it happens again that's the first step, though.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Dehibernated it (4 months and 19 days of winter killl meeee). Spent like 20 minutes trying to get it to kick over, until I remembered that chokes are a thing :downs: Smelled like the nastiest lawnmower ever.

Also managed to get it home in one piece, maybe these "motorcycle skills" are starting to stick...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Movers placed it on a bigass trailer and its on its way to California. :smith:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Movers placed it on a bigass trailer and its on its way to California. :smith:

Welcome to the best riding state :getin:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

Welcome to the best riding state*

*worst everything else.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

HotCanadianChick posted:

*worst everything else.

Uh, no. Not even close.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SaNChEzZ posted:

Welcome to the best riding state :getin:

This however I am exited about.

NorskHotDog
Oct 23, 2010
Today I changed my oil filter for the first time in 3 years.
I ended up buying a Dremel, cutting off the sides of the bolt, and turning the thing with a tire crowbar.

Burn in hell you awful bolt.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

NorskHotDog posted:

Today I changed my oil filter for the first time in 3 years.
I ended up buying a Dremel, cutting off the sides of the bolt, and turning the thing with a tire crowbar.

Burn in hell you awful bolt.

holy smokes

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Did the oil on my FZ6 -

The filter was such a bitch to get off, had to make two trips to advance autozone to get the right oil filter wrench. loving thing was still very torqued on there even with the wrench!

I wish I got a pic, but when I took off my sprocket cover, it had easily a full 2lbs of crude oily sludge dirt bullshit stuck on it. I really need to clean and re-lube my chain.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Chain ain't the only thing that needs cleaning, lol.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Yeah it's pretty drat dirty, going to give it a full detail soon.

Basically going to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDW6i9VIK4M

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
All better!

Washed and waxed it up, so much better. So goddamn windy out today but still took a nice little ride.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I didn't take pictures of the build because me and a buddy did it so fast, but I got done installing a 435cc cylinder, forged CP piston, and stage 1 Hot Cams in my DRZ at 3 AM today. Spent this afternoon buttoning up the things that were still left, then did the break in idling and subsequent ride. It's way better with twice the horsepower

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
So last Saturday I got my Triumph out of storage. It was dirty but still ran like the devil.

Saturday night we get a loving wind storm and it blows over in the parking lot, onto my car. Car was unharmed. Bike got some nasty dings in the tank and a broken plastic piece in the tail.

Tuesday I took it to what will soon be the new Triumph dealer in town. Repairs weren't going to be that bad, but I mentioned I was just going to sell it anyway. So the dealer offered to just buy it from me as is.

Today I sold it.

Godspeed you, black emperor

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Just sold my Triumph as well. Had it for two years and loved it like a child, but I'm moving overseas and it was money sitting there.

This is the first time I've had a bike I really loved, and so the first time I've had to part with one, and it sucks :(

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
Worried that my clutch is giving out, so obviously I rode through 100km of deserted, debris-strewn, creepy-rear end high country forest with no mobile reception. At dusk. Because SMARTS.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

prukinski posted:

Worried that my clutch is giving out, so obviously I rode through 100km of deserted, debris-strewn, creepy-rear end high country forest with no mobile reception. At dusk. Because SMARTS.

Man that looks like the cover to a horror movie.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Man that looks like the cover to a horror movie.

It was so fantastically creepy. There've been storms through that area all of the past week and a whole bunch of that road (that mostly very twisty, cliff-side road) is covered in bits of fallen trees. On one corner, I rode through a tree that had fallen across the road and had simply had the middle chainsawed out and rolled aside to let traffic through. And then of course night fell and I was riding through low-hanging cloud in the near pitch-darkness with only the loud-as-gently caress growling of my stupid exhaust behind me and I was a little bit afraid that I was being chased by something. Great night. Going to get up before dawn to watch the sun rise over the next stretch of this mountain range tomorrow.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That sounds loving awesome. Great pic, too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got her on the road again! Started up first try, too.

Now for the love of god somebody buy the drat thing.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 13, 2014

Gatla
Apr 29, 2004
Blah blah blah.
I was finally able to wash my ride. Got to ride a bit before the wind really picked up and made me a little to nervous to ride.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

prukinski posted:

Whereabouts is that? I moved back to Perth a while ago and forgot there existed such things as "hills" and "elevation."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

freebooter posted:

Whereabouts is that? I moved back to Perth a while ago and forgot there existed such things as "hills" and "elevation."

Omeo highway between Mitta Mitta and Omeo, Victoria. Only sealed all the way about a month ago. And by "sealed all the way" I mean long stretches of loose black pseudo-gravel.