Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RichterIX posted:

If I buy one of the 2DS Pokemon X bundles from Target (which I'm assuming come with the game installed), can I somehow absorb that license into my current 3DS XL? Can the 3DS just absorb a bunch of other licenses if you theoretically kept buying bundles and then sold the actual hardware?

Pretty much yes. Some goon here has bought and resold used systems and their 3ss has absorbed like 7 by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Right, 1st Semester is basically a super stripped down version of the original Art Academy for DS. Theres no reason to go backwards for this type of thing
Well there are different lessons, but they're all beginner ones. Also, your toolset's a lot more limited. But it still works pretty well on my 3DS XL (I got it ages ago when I still had a DSi), especially if you blow up the picture.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RichterIX posted:

If I buy one of the 2DS Pokemon X bundles from Target (which I'm assuming come with the game installed), can I somehow absorb that license into my current 3DS XL? Can the 3DS just absorb a bunch of other licenses if you theoretically kept buying bundles and then sold the actual hardware?

I did this exact same thing. The only catch is you have to wait a week between each transfer.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Did anybody else get Conception II today? I just got home with it, it's pretty good so far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

guessing most people aren't going to admit it if they did buy it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Id totally admit it, but Ive already got too many RPGs unbeaten, not spending 40 on another.

(heh, beat)

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Ineffiable posted:

Pretty much yes. Some goon here has bought and resold used systems and their 3ss has absorbed like 7 by now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I did this exact same thing. The only catch is you have to wait a week between each transfer.

Cool, thanks. My 3DS is going to be like the Trapper Keeper from South Park.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

PantsBandit posted:

So I've been looking at some Link Between Worlds reviews since I tend to do that for games I'm playing and I came across Destructoid's infamous 6.5/10 review. While I think that score was a little click-baity, he does raise one issue that I agree with: the dungeons seem really easy. I haven't had to stop and think about a puzzle for more than a minute or two thus far which is kind of disappointing in a Zelda game.

I agree the game was on the easy side, but at the same time it was still an amazing game. I just finished Skyward Sword a few days ago and in comparison there were some really clever/obtuse puzzles. Link Between Worlds was great and all, but the final boss battle/ending of Skyward Sword might be my favorite Zelda moment ever.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I'm thinking about picking up New Super Mario Bros. 2 since I figured I can get it for about $25 at the Target I work at by price matching Amazon (they have it for about $29 before tax), using my employee discount, the 10% off all video games coupon on Cartwheel, and my REDCard... Is it a decent game for that price? I know a lot of people said it wasn't super great and that you don't get anything really good for 100%ing it, but I figure it might be a good deal for a game that I can just sit back and play, especially since Nintendo probably won't drop the $40 pricetag on it any time soon. I also know I could've gotten it for free in that buy two get one free sale last week, but I couldn't think of two other games I really want at full price and I know that some people were having problems trying to price match games for that deal.

Edit: Regarding ALBW, I do agree it was a bit on the easy side (at least in the regular/non-Hero mode), but I actually really didn't mind it that much since everything else about the game was amazing.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 15, 2014

general chaos
May 20, 2001

RBX posted:

My Toys R Us have brand new copies to kid Icarus for 50% off, which comes to $20.

This is an amazing deal. I called every location in my area, but no luck.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Holy poo poo. Hell in Cave Story is hard. I don't think I've ever not been able to do something in a video game until now.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Grump posted:

Holy poo poo. Hell in Cave Story is hard. I don't think I've ever not been able to do something in a video game until now.

Just wait until you get to the boss.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Flynn Taggart posted:

Did anybody else get Conception II today? I just got home with it, it's pretty good so far.

I bought it but I haven't started it yet.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Flynn Taggart posted:

I got it, but for Vita since from what I've heard it's a bit better on that. I'm looking forward to being completely weirded out by this.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

Flynn Taggart posted:

No way would I pay full price for a game that makes me that uncomfortable. Though I do find myself singing "Congratraaaaations on your new arribal!" sometimes.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Can't say I care about the questionable content if the game is fun. Is it actually interesting mechanically? I've just finished Bravely Default and SMT IV so I have a feeling nothing is going to seem awesome after those but if it does something unique I'd give it a whirl.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there is a demo you can try

Unoriginal posted:

Though I do find myself singing "Congratraaaaations on your new arribal!" sometimes.
lol me too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Grump posted:

There's a little bit you can do to help:
  • Have the Spur and the Life Potion
  • Go back and forth between the second and third rooms to recharge
  • Leave as many hearts alone in the third room so you can double back to heal
  • Make good use of your deaths to try to memorize the various sections :haw:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Unoriginal posted:

No way would I pay full price for a game that makes me that uncomfortable. Though I do find myself singing "Congratraaaaations on your new arribal!" sometimes.

I bought a physical copy just so I could have that song on CD.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
They sure do give you a LOT of rupees in LBW without anything to really spend them on. I guess they're accounting for the people who are terrible at the game and have to re-rent the equipment over and over.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

They sure do give you a LOT of rupees in LBW without anything to really spend them on. I guess they're accounting for the people who are terrible at the game and have to re-rent the equipment over and over.

If I remember right you can buy the equipment permanently at some point and buying everything costs a lot of rupees

Lots of rupees with nothing to spend them on is a problem in most Zelda games though, Skyward Sword is the only one that handled it well I think.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PantsBandit posted:

You clearly haven't done enough exploring in the area around the Dark World's bomb hut.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Sarchasm posted:

You clearly haven't done enough exploring in the area around the Dark World's bomb hut.

I'm fairly early on yet. Just finished the 3rd dungeon.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
There's also a well for you to throw literally thousands of rupees into if you feel like it. I never died and only maxed out on rupees towards the end after that tower that gives you tons of rupees for beating it in the north.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm fairly early on yet. Just finished the 3rd dungeon.

Then hang on to that cash, you'll be thankful for it later.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just curious, did anyone end up getting Disney Magical World?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Uh, are we not getting that in Europe? You mentioning it just made me go look for reviews on Amazon, but the game isn't there.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

If I remember right you can buy the equipment permanently at some point and buying everything costs a lot of rupees

Lots of rupees with nothing to spend them on is a problem in most Zelda games though, Skyward Sword is the only one that handled it well I think.

Wind Waker also did alright, considering how much the entire Triforce of Courage sidequest cost.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

Uh, are we not getting that in Europe? You mentioning it just made me go look for reviews on Amazon, but the game isn't there.

Hasn't been announced for PAL-land, no.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Well I'm sold on Fire Emblem. The combat looks really slick and I like the idea of emergent storylines rather than terrible video game writers forcing you to invest in their terrible characters.

Just a head's up, Fire Emblem really only has one linear storyline, it's just that inconsequential characters can die and not contribute a line or two of dialogue or fight in your party.

It's still a good game, definitely one of the best games on the system.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

FutonForensic posted:

Just a head's up, Fire Emblem really only has one linear storyline, it's just that inconsequential characters can die and not contribute a line or two of dialogue or fight in your party.

Um, depending on how you pair your mans some can awkwardly bone down and send back spawn from the future.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
That doesnt effect the story though. Its the games biggest weakness.

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just curious, did anyone end up getting Disney Magical World?

Yep, what did you need to know?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

I guess more what I meant is that the characters interactions and personal stories are dependent on your own favoritism and who you pair them with, as opposed to who the writers think you should prefer. At least that's what it sounds like. I don't expect the overall story to change much, that would be a lot of extra writing haha.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I Watson posted:

Yep, what did you need to know?

Nothing in particular, I've just barely heard anything about it. I know it has RPG combat sections, which seemed kinda out of place, I expected something mega-casual.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Flynn Taggart posted:

Hahaha. Holy poo poo. I just played the demo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

That doesnt effect the story though. Its [Fire Emblem Awakening]s biggest weakness.
I dunno, the game constantly throwing new characters at you and not providing enough story missions to use any of them seems like a bigger problem to me.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Grump posted:

Yeah, it is. When I was trying to beat it, I kept on 'grinding' my weapons up between the second and third rooms. I think I found the Bubbler somewhat useful in the third room, to be honest.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

Dehry posted:

I bought a physical copy just so I could have that song on CD.

Hmmm. That's actually a good point that I hadn't considered. Still, I don't think I can justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Level-5 Yokai Watch has really started to take off in Japan over the last couple of months, and now this... thing, is going viral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKLQXOj0ts

• Locked thread