Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Suspicious Dish posted:

hahaha you fell for it hook line and sinker

I don't care if he knew it was coming (he's totally going to say he knew it was coming), it's still funny goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Azurrat posted:

I don't care if he knew it was coming (he's totally going to say he knew it was coming), it's still funny goddammit.

Well I knew that you're not serious, but didn't expected the master race followup :v:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm at the final fight and I tried to like that game and just gave up. I should probably finish it, because apparently the ending is good?

All you missed was 10 minutes of baby's first multiverse theory, that seems really cool and deep to people who haven't analyzed, watched, read, listened, or looked at an actually deep piece of art because it's framed in a slow, vague way. There isn't a single piece of infinite that would be out of place in a summer popcorn movie.

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

Tsurupettan posted:

For some reason, my brain decided to read the second quote in the voice of one of those awful furries from Foam Adventure. :negative:

Oh god, why did I have to go google Foam Adventure :smithicide:, btw who is that Russia space dude I can't seem to find him.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Doc Neutral posted:

Oh god, why did I have to go google Foam Adventure :smithicide:, btw who is that Russia space dude I can't seem to find him.
It's a reference to The Fury from MGS3. He was a Russian cosmonaut that went into space and when he came back he GOT REAL ANGRY!

MGS is a silly series and I wouldn't have it any other way.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Pomp posted:

All you missed was 10 minutes of baby's first multiverse theory, that seems really cool and deep to people who haven't analyzed, watched, read, listened, or looked at an actually deep piece of art because it's framed in a slow, vague way. There isn't a single piece of infinite that would be out of place in a summer popcorn movie.

The worst thing about Infinite is how the fanbase goes insane with rage if you tell them any part of what you just said.

Shroom King
Sep 3, 2011

Videogamer kills his own son.

http://news.yahoo.com/deputies-man-smothered-crying-son-over-video-game-104045515.html

quote:

Wygant said he was frustrated because the boy was crying uncontrollably, preventing him from playing his Xbox games

quote:

Nitehawk3092 Posted

I noticed the blatant anti video game agenda bias of the article from the get go. I'm a hard core gamer. and have been so since the mid 80's. I haven't managed to kill maim, rob, assault, rape, torture, etc a single flesh and blood creature yet. So tired of the stereotype #$%$. Kinda how the anti SUV people are when people have car accident and one of the vehicles is a SUV. Then it's the SUV , not the driver, that did the violence. "The SUV traveling at a high rate of speed slammed head on into oncoming traffic killing all in the accident. The evil possessed SUV driving our roads without a human driver on a murdering spree..

This sub human animal would have done the same thing no matter what task he was doing and didn't want to be disturbed at. . The child was annoying him. Could have been a poker game, a book, though I doubt trash like this reads, anything that the child was distracting him from enjoying what he was doing. Guy should be castrated to insure he never breeds again. One narcissistic piece of #$%$. Hopefully he won't survive jail/prison.

quote:

White Candyman Posted

"Hard core gamer" = never had a girlfriend.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
poo poo like this is why subtitles need to be enabled by default on everything.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Steam forums are serious business, and you're a lazy idiot if you repost something!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

quote:

Anyone else wonder if he was sitting on an obama-phone while playing his x-box?

It actually took longer than I thought to find an "OBAMA CAUSED THIS" post.

e:Just so it's not just a "political yahoo" post:
http://kotaku.com/5875690/these-might-be-the-most-sexist-gamers-on-the-planet/all
First, a WOMAN's opinion on how all you bitches need to shut up, feminism is stupid

quote:

Woman here~

While I may not agree with the thread in question, (well I agree with some points) I agree with the "Men do have less rights to an extent" in certain things.

My best friend got divorced 2 years ago. He divorced his wife because she started drinking, and left the kids home alone while he was at work. In the court, SHE got the kids. He's the responsible one, with a full time job, making money, and yet she walks off with the kids, leaving them god knows where, while he keeps trying to take her to court, constantly trying to regain full custody of the kids. (It's look pretty grim for him though.)

That aside, women ARE physically weaker than men. A woman who does the exact same workout as a man, starting the exact same time and for the exact same length, will end up weaker over all, because of how women build muscle. It's a scientific fact. Women have to work a lot harder to "bulk up" than men do.. so it is a bit "unrealistic" for women to be 3048230498 times stronger than a man.

HOWEVER, we don't play games for their realism, so I think that thread is a bit silly. The forum though, after looking through it, seems like a pretty decent place. You're going to get the jerks/chauvinists, but the IDEA of the site is pretty OK. There are a lot of things that are unfair towards men today, but most people just shrug it off or ignore it completely, because "meh, they're men".

Sorry, I just had to say something. I feel like that site/the users are getting a lot of hate, and people are hating just because they can, just because we've been "brainwashed", in a sense, to automatically assume that men are wrong no matter what, and if they're not saying nice things about women, then they're wrong.. (I expect to get a bit of hate for this comment, but oh well. Equality means equality, not shift the balance of power from one to the other..)

and in direct response:

quote:

I cannot stand the "girls with guns" craze, and so far the only game I've played in the past few years to treat female warriors realistically is Skyrim... doesn't mean I don't wanna punch the "strong Nord woman" I'm apparently supposed to be mad at just for being a "strong Nord woman." (FYI, I beat the hell out of her with my fists in a fight at only level 1. She is NOT strong, though she certainly is a Nord woman). I cannot stand seeing women hold weapons clearly too heavy for them, I don't like seeing women display strength they logically shouldn't have(at least when it's done in a feminist "wimmen r kewl" way) and I can't stand seeing women beat men in fights in games and entertainment. It's just meaningless pandering to people of lesser intelligence who feel their entertainment should have more forced political correctness, OR it's just there to pander to stupid men and ugly lesbians who for some reason find that attractive.

The rampant feminism is getting ridiculous these days, this is coming from a logical dude who spent the first 18 years of his life being a gentleman and supporting the female agenda and the last two bashing all the feminist trash in modern society. It took a lot to show me the way, but now I understand that there IS a difference between men and women and they should therefore be treated differently. That's just how it is, anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn't thought that out.
:biotruths: everybody

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 19, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Obama-phone! doo doo de loo do do

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Postal Parcel posted:

It actually took longer than I thought to find an "OBAMA CAUSED THIS" post.

e:Just so it's not just a "political yahoo" post:
http://kotaku.com/5875690/these-might-be-the-most-sexist-gamers-on-the-planet/all
First, a WOMAN's opinion on how all you bitches need to shut up, feminism is stupid

and in direct response:

:biotruths: everybody

Women are all weak and dumb, except for the ones that agree with me and touch my wiener.

Rayden
Oct 1, 2011

quote:

My thoughts exactly, Rinko effortlessly wins this. Although Manaka, a sheltered life girl can open the door to some enticing introductions of erotic acts should you become an item. She'll be so surprised and caught off guard by it all, probably turn her into love machine if she greatly enjoys it.

Source: http://kotaku.com/help-me-choose-which-virtual-girl-to-date-1564562416

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Women make the best and sexiest assassins with both guns and knives that's why I am working on a gender bent agent 47 mod, allow me to link my kickstarter...

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Call her Agent 69 and I'll back you with all of my money.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I love the Steam forums sometimes.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
more from Kotaku

Helba, Per Tenebrae, Lux.. no poo poo that's his loving user name posted:

Not a matter of cred, and I understand what you're getting at, however:

Many of the underlying principles of third-and-fourth-wave Feminism are, at their core, Misandry and Fascism. Plain and simple.

Not to mention, "making an effort to include" translates to "making it easier for one group and not others". Is that Equality?

And now, in this day and age, we have the INVERSE problem. The majority of Collegiate applicants and student bodies are female. So, by the Feminist logic, shouldn't we then lower the requirements for males to make things "Equal"?

You should be judged by your skill, not your gender. But your gender shouldn't net you any special privileges either - which means that you can't cry sexism if someone is more qualified.

biblio posted:

OMG! I remember the "Men Going Their Own Way Forums!"

It's an off-shoot of an older website. "Niceguy's American Women Suck."

I read that website in it's entirety, and was a very active member on those forums like, 10 years ago. Glad to see that the Original Contributor to that site lived happily ever after, and another guy has been passed the torch. I remember reading his posts on the forums when it was in it's infancy.

For what it's worth, that web page inspired me to move to Japan. And from that experience I can safely say that "Yes. An alarming percentage of women residing in the US are miserable, hateful, manipulative, corrupted skanks, and our culture simply embraces it."

DocSuess posted:

It's possible they hate women because the women they encounter are so incredibly easy? I mean, think about it: if you're constantly exposed to a bunch of (presumably) vapid airheads that just want a good loving, wouldn't you grow a bit resentful of them?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Source thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/411717-gaming-rage-and-anger-management-please-help

quote:

I'm in a stable, long-term, healthy relationship with a wonderful girl, and I generally have a pretty awesome life. I also suffer (if that's the appropriate word choice), from uncontrollable, debilitating gaming rage that at times has had a direct impact on my professional life, my romantic life, and my own safety.

"I generally have a pretty awesome life and am in a healthy relationship despite my "uncontrollable gaming rage" that has put my own safety and my relationship at risk"

:frog:

quote:

. A short list of things that I've been driven to include (but are not limited to):

1. Slamming my fists into any objects around me with such force and consistency that I have damaged the nerves in my hands, wrists, and fingers several times, sometimes requiring months to heal. At one point I thought I was going to need surgery for a nerve impingement, but was fortunate to be able to avoid it.
2. Throwing, damaging, and breaking objects around me. Yesterday, I managed to slam 4 or 5 keys off of my $120.00 mechanical keyboard. Fortunately I was able to find them and re-attach them and it still works (good on you, Corsair!).
3. Screaming in fits of rage that lasts for anywhere from 30-45 minutes at their worst. I was actually cited for a noise violation by my apartment complex late last year for this and the associated slamming and banging.
4. Speeding and driving semi-recklessly when I have to go somewhere after playing and losing a few matches. This is the scariest thing, because I could, y'know, die, or cause someone else to die.

E: added the list of "things he's been driven to" from gaming anger

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 20, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Oh hey, looks like IdrA is back under a new name.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tracula posted:

Oh hey, looks like IdrA is back under a new name.

IdrA? I feel out of the loop...how far back am I going to need to read? :negative:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Widestancer posted:

IdrA? I feel out of the loop...how far back am I going to need to read? :negative:

I was joking. He was one of the biggest SC2 pro players for a while and eventually Team Liquid had enough of his poo poo and outbursts. I believe what got him canned was telling someone on the forums to get cancer. Overall he was just extremely unprofessional, hostile and didn't do anything to make e-sports look in anyway professional.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IdrA#WCS_2013_and_release_from_EG

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't think he ever got as mad as this guy did, but he did ragequit out of tournament games if things weren't going his way and was generally an rear end.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tracula posted:

Overall he was just extremely unprofessional, hostile and didn't do anything to make e-sports look in anyway professional

Reading through the posts on Teamliquid (the one I linked has 25+ pages) I am having difficulty believing that anyone could make e-sports look professional. I think the e-sports community has a different definition of the word "professional" than people who actually work in a professional business environment.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Widestancer posted:

Reading through the posts on Teamliquid (the one I linked has 25+ pages) I am having difficulty believing that anyone could make e-sports look professional. I think the e-sports community has a different definition of the word "professional" than people who actually work in a professional business environment.

Oh definitely. If any other athlete for any other sport pulled the poo poo these people did even once they'd be out on their rear end.

I wish I could find the video but I remember seeing some five way group call of SC2 commentators and some of them nearly looked like they were in tears when they found out IdrA got canned. It was the funniest loving thing.

Fake edit: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LI8rS0cs6I The way they're talking you'd think that the the president had gotten shot or something. 'bout 10 minutes in the guy on the left does actually start crying it looks like or at least is having trouble holding it together.

Real edit: Full video if you want it for some reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OnejlJCPQ It's about seven minutes into this one where they get ~the news~

Tracula fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 20, 2014

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Widestancer posted:

I think it's just the lack of maturity over all. E-sports events are organised by 18-20 year olds and played by 16-20 year olds. Ontop of that the audience is 15-25 year olds who think that kind of behavior is hilarious and edgy, and hence don't complain to sponsors.

In other sports there's generally older players around to tell the young kids to pull their loving heads in, but there's not like that in e-sports.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 20, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Chaltab posted:

more from Kotaku

quote:

It's possible they hate women because the women they encounter are so incredibly easy? I mean, think about it: if you're constantly exposed to a bunch of (presumably) vapid airheads that just want a good loving, wouldn't you grow a bit resentful of them?

Yes. You solved it. Congratulations. You found out why all these guys are all bitter, misogynistic assholes. It's because they're just getting too much pussy. Every day for them is a struggle as they have to wade through the mobs of women trying to gently caress them.
They are the schoolchildren eating the same boxed pussy day after day until they don't even want to look at another pussy again as long as they live.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rudager posted:

I think it's just the lack of maturity over all. E-sports events are organised by 18-20 year olds and played by 16-20 year olds. Ontop of that the audience is 15-25 year olds who think that kind of behavior is hilarious and edgy, and hence don't complain to sponsors.

And then get upset and rush to defend the shitheels when someone actually gets called out of their bullshit.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Source link:

http://www.returnofkings.com/32892/why-do-women-suddenly-want-to-become-video-gamers

The :smug: here is palpable. As is the scent of a man who has been turned down far too many times.

quote:

. A lack of real difficulty is the primary reason that women are now increasingly becoming gamers.

It gets better.

quote:

. Why did women wait until now to be gamers? And, no, I don’t mean some person who plays solitaire on his laptop or “Words With Friends” on her bejeweled iPhone. The primary reason is simply that the star— the power— of the industry has passed. No, I’m not saying video games are dead or anything of that sort, what I’m saying is that women don’t want actual power but the appearance of it. They don’t want challenges, they want simple solutions fed to them by media, “9 Ways to Feel Better Right Now,” “10 Reasons It Isn’t Your Fault You Married A Cheater,” and so on. They want empowerment, which by the nature of the word, means they want power handed to them, not taken.

:allears: FOR THE SPEARHEAD!

quote:

. These women are seeking approximations of happy, loving relations with men. If that is the cloying worship of a gang of online gamer betas, so be it.

The comments and the rest of the article are priceless as is this dude's twitter feed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Has there ever been someone who referred to people as "betas" who has an opinion worth listening to?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Has there ever been someone who referred to people as "betas" who has an opinion worth listening to?

The Midgar Zolom? :anime:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tracula posted:

Oh definitely. If any other athlete for any other sport pulled the poo poo these people did even once they'd be out on their rear end.

I wish I could find the video but I remember seeing some five way group call of SC2 commentators and some of them nearly looked like they were in tears when they found out IdrA got canned. It was the funniest loving thing.

Fake edit: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LI8rS0cs6I The way they're talking you'd think that the the president had gotten shot or something. 'bout 10 minutes in the guy on the left does actually start crying it looks like or at least is having trouble holding it together.

Real edit: Full video if you want it for some reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OnejlJCPQ It's about seven minutes into this one where they get ~the news~

incontrol is hilariously bad, too.

But yeah, for more background on it Idra was one of the few "foreigners" to go to South Korea and train when SC1 was the peak of competitive gaming. Idra switched to SC2 and did nothing but poo poo talk everyone else, and I'm quite serious about the "nothing but" because he never produced ANY results in large tournaments.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Q: Your first round opponent is a relatively unknown player - Cruncher. What are your thoughts about him?

Idra: I'm approaching the match as if it were a walkover.

People actually got mad at Cruncher for that smiley face.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

More from https://www.returnofkings.com different author this time. (I'm going through the site and holy poo poo this is a gold mine)

Source link:

http://www.returnofkings.com/21204/3-ways-women-have-ruined-video-games

Here we can see more hatred of the betas. I don't get what these guys have against betas. They're pretty awesome and keep to their own little fish tanks. I love the beta that sits on my office desk.

quote:

The beta males of video gaming culture are the thirstiest betas in existence. When a former porn star can make more money by streaming video games for donations instead taking a fat dick, you know there has to be betas behind that.

It's obvious that mainstream gaming journalism doesn't suck because of industry influence. Nah, it's all about the women.

quote:

Video game publications have turned into tabloids with female writers at the helm. Most people can’t name a female game journalist because they coast on their male colleagues who do the actual work.

More alpha and beta stuff:

quote:

A normal alpha would use Kickstarter to make a high budget game that appeals to them.
I'm pretty sure that a real "alpha" by this guy's definition wouldn't need a kickstarter. He would already have a giant pile of money Scrooge McDuck style. When an entity needs a kickstarter to fund its product it doesn't scream "pack leader" to me. See also: Doobie's Dogs

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Pomp posted:

People actually got mad at Cruncher for that smiley face.

It just amuses me the amount of people that go out of their way to justify IdrA's lovely behavior as people 'just not getting it :qq:'. In that video I linked for quite a while incontrol goes on about how important IdrA was to esports and how he deserves respect dammit.

Edit: And here's IdrA being interviewed and he's shocked he got let go. He's just pure unadulterated :smug:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUf2tRAwMcY

Tracula fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 20, 2014

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

video games

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Pomp posted:

And then get upset and rush to defend the shitheels when someone actually gets called out of their bullshit.

And Idra is probably the best example of this, he was always an absolute oval office to everyone who wasn't his teammate, but everyone in the community was all over his dick for being the only white guy able to "make it" in Korea (he played Starcraft:Broodwar for 16 hours a day in a Korean pro house where he was at best considered a joke), but he didn't really interact back. Once Starcraft 2 and streaming took off, instead of just lashing out against his peers, he was lashing out against his fanbase and every time he was a oval office he had less and less support until it got to the point where he was let go because the very same people who were the first to stand up for him in StarCraft 1 days, were now the ones asking EG why they weren't doing anything about it.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Not strictly video game related, but it's on a game website so here it is.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/the-quest-to-eat-an-entire-large-pizza-464932/#175

Some guy documents himself eating a pizza in one sitting. It has predictable replies.

quote:

On a related note, I just ate 2 normal pizzas, which probably equate to one large. 20 minutes, no sweat. Wasn't even that hungry, just bored.

quote:

I'm confused, is it hard to eat one large pizza? That's what I order for myself whenever I get pizza >.>

quote:

How big is a 'large' pizza in inches?

If its more than 20 then well done. If its 16.... thats less impressive but your heart still hates you for doing that to it :p

quote:

Not that big if a deal I eat an entire large pizza every two weeks.
and then get hungry later that day.

quote:

Are you serious? This is most weekends for me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ajkalan posted:

Not strictly video game related, but it's on a game website so here it is.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/the-quest-to-eat-an-entire-large-pizza-464932/#175

Some guy documents himself eating a pizza in one sitting. It has predictable replies.

Look at this kid, not knowing who Caleb42 is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZhy4hsQBU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

Rudager posted:

And Idra is probably the best example of this, he was always an absolute oval office to everyone who wasn't his teammate, but everyone in the community was all over his dick for being the only white guy able to "make it" in Korea (he played Starcraft:Broodwar for 16 hours a day in a Korean pro house where he was at best considered a joke), but he didn't really interact back. Once Starcraft 2 and streaming took off, instead of just lashing out against his peers, he was lashing out against his fanbase and every time he was a oval office he had less and less support until it got to the point where he was let go because the very same people who were the first to stand up for him in StarCraft 1 days, were now the ones asking EG why they weren't doing anything about it.

I actually don't know who's worst IdrA(temperamental jackass) or Destiny(annoying rear end in a top hat), both are shitheels yet very popular in the SC2 scene.

• Locked thread