Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lmao

Rotoworld posted:

The Patriots are "incredibly high" on Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage and "will consider using a pick to acquire the signal caller during the draft," reports draft insider Tony Pauline.

Pauline said he's known about New England's interest in Savage since the combine, and adds that "some in the organization" are calling Savage "Tom #2." If you need to ask who Tom #1 is, you're in the wrong place.

"I’m told Savage impressed the franchise during combine interviews, especially when former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano was on hand," wrote Pauline.

The analyst believes evaluators sweetened to Savage when they divided his 2013 game tape into halves, putting great faith in his potential based on the decreased mistakes and improved accuracy in the latter half.

This is your future Pats fans, stare into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i know there's not a lot of pitt dudes left around here, and i guess i'm sort of one. i'm usually higher on pitt prospects than most due to sheer homerism.

tom savage is loving awful.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Quest For Glory II posted:

lmao

This is your future Pats fans, stare into it

Oh my god yes

This franchise is going to crash and burn so hard after Brady and I am going to revel in it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Cart Mountain posted:

i know there's not a lot of pitt dudes left around here, and i guess i'm sort of one. i'm usually higher on pitt prospects than most due to sheer homerism.

tom savage is loving awful.

Tino Sunseri or Tom Savage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Until college football installs a realstic playoff schedule (i.e. never) the season is pointless for all but about 10 teams who are preselected before even playing a down as the best teams in the league. It's fun to watch but hard to get behind Ohio U when they have zero shot of ever playing for anything meaningful since the rankings are 100% opinion-based. I guess I should have specified that I like college football but not as much as NFL since my team has no realistic shot of ever winning a championship, and yes I realize the irony of my NFL team being the Browns but they could conceivably win at some point in time and don't have to go undefeated for 10 years straight to do so.

Yeah but then Utah boat races Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and the world is amazing.

Or Oklahoma boat races Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

A lot of great things about college football involve Alabama getting boat raced

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oh my god yes

This franchise is going to crash and burn so hard after Brady and I am going to revel in it

We all will.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Alouicious posted:

Yeah but then Utah boat races Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and the world is amazing.

Or Oklahoma boat races Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

A lot of great things about college football involve Alabama getting boat raced

College football is awesome because you have Boise State doing what they did to Oklahoma and becoming a TFF favorite only to become absolutely hated like 18 months later.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Declan MacManus posted:

Tino Sunseri or Tom Savage

Tyler Palko

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

College football is awesome because you have Boise State doing what they did to Oklahoma and becoming a TFF favorite only to become absolutely hated like 18 months later.

What Boise State did was amazing.

Then they kept doing it. You only live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oh my god yes

Tom Savage ends up becoming a HOF QB, all of TFF goes into an alcohol induced coma

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Jimmy Garappolo got invited to the green room for the first round

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Jimmy Garappolo got invited to the green room for the first round

Either someone who works for the NFL is one cruel motherfucker or there are some insane GMs around. Or both.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Derek Carr was also invited, and turned it down

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/458743848387108864/photo/1

the list

I just noticed Cody Latimer. That's a Chiefs pick if I ever saw one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Someone is gonna draft Jimmy Garoppolo in the first and it's gonna own so goddamn hard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Parmesan Basil posted:

He's a riser with great size and had a great pro day. I didn't watch the pro day though.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

He's a riser with great size and had a great pro day. I didn't watch the pro day though.

Is he even in the top ten receivers in this class? I would take literally anyone else on that list in the first.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Parmesan Basil posted:

Is he even in the top ten receivers in this class? I would take literally anyone else on that list in the first.

Dunno, barely watched anything from Indiana this year. Apparently he was a former basketball player so that should set off the necessary alerts.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

Dunno, barely watched anything from Indiana this year. Apparently he was a former basketball player so that should set off the necessary alerts.

I'm just worried because there's no reason for him (and some others) to be there on Day 1 unless they're likely to get taken.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Doltos posted:

How did he pass your eye test then?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grittybeard posted:

Either someone who works for the NFL is one cruel motherfucker or there are some insane GMs around. Or both.

Man, earliest I've seen anyone talk about Garoppolo is round 3. Hopefully he has flappy bird on his phone.

edit: ok, I see he's moved to "early second" round talk on a lot of the draftnik lists, so maybe not as cruel.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 23, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The key to college football is not picking a team you like, but picking a team you hate.

Watching Texas die last year was great.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

PrinceRandom posted:

The key to college football is not picking a team you like, but picking a team you hate.

Ok, sure! I hate LSU, A&M, Notre Dame, Miami, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Iowa State...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PrinceRandom posted:

I just go into the college gameday threads and ask which games are least likely to be a snuff film, and watch those.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

PrinceRandom posted:

I hate everyone but my team so every college football weekend is amazing.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 23, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Your refusal to admit that Chase Daniel is the answer finally makes sense! Now to figure out why everyone else in the world doesn't see it this way.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Your refusal to admit that Chase Daniel is the answer finally makes sense! Now to figure out why everyone else in the world doesn't see it this way.

Funny Chase Daniel story: I went to high school with his girlfriend while he was at Mizzou. My mother was convinced that she and I were destined for each other so she printed out an article the Mizzou paper wrote about their relationship and showed it to me. In front of my then-girlfriend. They don't get along to this very day.

Tl;Dr Chase Daniel played a part in the rocky relationship between my wife and my mother.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Unless I'm mistaken, the green room extends to the 2nd day now, and that's been in place since they made the move to the 3 day format. If Carr rejected the invite, it's possible they invited him to the 2nd day and he thought "gently caress that I'm a top 15 pick." Tom Savage rejected his invite too. Garoppolo's from fuckin Eastern Illinois, he don't give a gently caress, spend a day or two in new york, be on TV, gently caress it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kyle Fuller is gonna be there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

This was actually the most awful thing in sports history FYI. The one time EVER a scrub team is actually a legit championship contender, they get shafted and don't even get a chance at winning it. No playoffs sure is cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There are playoffs now, the problem is they're designed at a root level to keep small teams out

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Parmesan Basil posted:

https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/458743848387108864/photo/1

the list

A ton of those guys aren't going day one and one or two are risks not to go day 2.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

This was actually the most awful thing in sports history FYI. The one time EVER a scrub team is actually a legit championship contender, they get shafted and don't even get a chance at winning it. No playoffs sure is cool.

rip brian johnson

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How wacky:

Rotoworld posted:

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes there is a "good chance" the Texans trade down from the No. 1 overall pick.

Brandt believes it could be a similar situation to the 2004 Eli Manning-Philip Rivers trade in which the Texans would select Jadeveon Clowney in a predetermined deal with another team.

NBA it up

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

There are playoffs now, the problem is they're designed at a root level to keep small teams out

Honestly that's what bothers you? I would much rather the result of this be that the Big 5 conferences split off and I never have to see my team play some patsy from a mid major again. It's a nice story, but if you want small schools getting the chance to succeed go watch NCAA Basketball, that field is big enough for it to be fun. Just let the big boys play in their sandbox and let's stop acting like their small distant cousins deserve the chance to. I'd rather have 10 or 11 games where my team only played other "big time" competition.

Don't get me wrong I loved watching those BCS Bowls where the mid majors got their revenge, but I don't get why we need to expect them to have a spot at the table when they bring little to nothing monetarily (which we know it's all about) and more often than not looked like Hawaii getting curb stomped by Georgia than the handful of great Boise/TCU teams that got their moment in the sun.

Umm draft stuff uhhh, I dunno it's still a long ways away, how many more mock drafts can ESPN squeeze out of the remaining time?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Honestly that's what bothers you? I would much rather the result of this be that the Big 5 conferences split off and I never have to see my team play some patsy from a mid major again. It's a nice story, but if you want small schools getting the chance to succeed go watch NCAA Basketball, that field is big enough for it to be fun. Just let the big boys play in their sandbox and let's stop acting like their small distant cousins deserve the chance to. I'd rather have 10 or 11 games where my team only played other "big time" competition.

Don't get me wrong I loved watching those BCS Bowls where the mid majors got their revenge, but I don't get why we need to expect them to have a spot at the table when they bring little to nothing monetarily (which we know it's all about) and more often than not looked like Hawaii getting curb stomped by Georgia than the handful of great Boise/TCU teams that got their moment in the sun.
Okay thanks Mike Slive

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'd rather have 10 or 11 games where my team only played other "big time" competition

*schedules 5 games against east southwest orange county technical school for carpenters*

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Okay thanks Mike Slive

SEC SEC SEC

All those other teams can then avoid the pretense of "why'd we get left out" and can finally have their own playoff like every other division of college football. Then everyone gets to be happy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Honestly I mean why even play the regular season, just go off the preseason AP and skip right to the championship. USC vs Notre Dame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

How wacky:

NBA it up

If Atlanta gets Clowney....yuck.

• Locked thread