Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.
Hook me up, Cashimus Prime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Yeah, I need a dwarven bailout.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A good poster posted:

Yeah, I need a dwarven bailout.

Occupy Arena

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Yay, Thowing some bucks into the third place match. I believe in you Rocktavian!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Jazzimus Prime posted:

If anyone else is still following the thread and needs some extra dwarfbucks to bet with, just post in the thread and let me know!

Spot me if you would, dear fellow.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Free money? PUT IT ALL ON THE UNDERDOG, IT'S A SURE THING, I KNOW A GUY :suicide:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Yeah, I lost all my money betting on the dog.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
VladTheEater, A good poster, Ghostwoods, and Haystack, you should all be good to go on betting.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Many thanks. Profligate bets placed.

Hey, on the plus side, at least I didn't wager a $50k college fund on the Undertaker...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

BLARGGG, THIS IS WHY I WASN'T BETTING

now I'm INVESTED

now I'm IMPATIENT

I NEED BLOOOOOOODDDD

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ignite Memories posted:

BLARGGG, THIS IS WHY I WASN'T BETTING

now I'm INVESTED

now I'm IMPATIENT

I NEED BLOOOOOOODDDD

Ack, I hate it when these new participants call me out! :smith:

I've been delayed by a new Dungeon Crawl tournament. and also still unpacking after moving into a new house

I'll get the third place match done this weekend.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Listen, buddy, SOMEBODY'S getting their arms and legs chopped off, very soon. It would probably be for the best if they were imaginary.

Capiche?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bets placed! Let's see how this goes!

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Listen, buddy, SOMEBODY'S getting their arms and legs chopped off, very soon. It would probably be for the best if they were imaginary.

Capiche?

I imagine that the more thoughts get posted in this thread before an update occurs, the worse his storm of retribution will be.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
C'mon! We need to get some dwarfbucks moving! Preferably upwards, as I see all the wealthiest bettors (myself included) are betting on the same side... so lets see that oligarchy get reinforced further!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's it. Everyone get your brooms, I am calling shenanigans.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Sorry, been real busy, will try to get an update this weekend :ohdear:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The tournament is over. I have slain jazzimus prime.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ignite Memories posted:

The tournament is over. I have slain jazzimus prime.

The weekend isn't over just yet, and I was in the process of doing the writeup. :colbert: Give me, like, an hour. Or at least a half hour.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Bronze Medal Match :siren:

Bronze Medal Match, roctavian (Clockwork Gadget) vs. Junai (TurninTrix)

Hello and welcome to the Arena Challenge Bronze Medal Match! I'm Jazzimus Prime, here with my colleague Ironhide, coming to you live from Sirocco Gazebo in Syrupleaf, where tonight's third-place match will take place!

Why would anyone want to watch us narrate this match? Ain't we the least popular broadcastin' team?

What? I don't think so. My mom and your mom both told me that we're their favorite broadcasting team and it isn't even close. And besides, we were going to let the viewers vote on who they want to narrate the championship match.

Alright then.

In the left corner, roctavian, a male Serpent Man fighter managed by Clockwork Gadget, has had more success in the tournament than anyone else of his small stature has before.

That's not countin' any of the team-based tournaments, though.

Uh, yeah. Roctavian wields a silver warhammer in one hand and an iron buckler in the other, and wears a bronze helm, two layered bronze mail shirts, and a pair of bronze gauntlets.

Just like in the last round, 'cause the third place participants didn't get to upgrade. I don't like that rule myself, by the way.

And in the right corner, Junai, a female Werewolf fighter managed by TurninTrix, has been more successful than any female fighter has in any tournament before.

Again, that's not includin' the team fights and only countin' the one-on-one fights.

Junai wields a steel greataxe in one hand and a wooden shield in the other, a bronze cap beneath a bronze helm, a silver mail shirt under a bronze mail shirt under a steel breastplate, and bronze leggings, gauntlets, and high boots.

Same as last round, just like I explained before.

There's the bell, and the fighters are off!

Neither one looks like they have a speed advantage out of the gate.

They meet in the center of the ring, and Junai swings her axe to attack, but roctavian nimbly jumps aside!

The little guy will need to do a lot more of that to win this.

Roctavian swings his hammer, but Junai parries it with her axe and counterstrikes... but misses!

You can't get this far in the tournament without good defenses, and both fighters have that tonight.

Junai swings her axe again! Roctavian raises his buckler to block, but the powerful blow shears his shield hand cleanly off! Blood sprays everywhere, and the buckler crashes to the arena floor!

That sure ain't good news for Roctavian... but it's a lot better to lose your shield than your weapon. This fight ain't over yet.

Now roctavian swings his hammer, but Junai leaps back out of the way! Roctavian charges to strike again, but with a sneer, Junai easily blocks the strike with her shield!

That's her way of lettin' him know that one of 'em still has a shield.

Junai tries to counter while roctavian is off balance, but misses! Both fighters back off and circle each other for a moment.

This is gettin' tense.

Now roctavian charges right at Junai, in an attempt to knock her down!

What the heck does he think he's DOIN'? She's more than twice his size!

He crashes into her, and they BOTH fall to the arena floor!

Wait, what? How did the little guy manage to do that? Ain't it always the little guy that gets the worst of those?

Junai shakes off the blow, and gets back up to her feet first.

I think that charge was a real bad idea by the snakeman!

But as she's getting back to her feet, roctavian smashes one of those feet with her hammer, cracking bones right through the bronze boot! She tumbles back to the ground in pain!

Okay, well, maybe I was wrong about that.

Now roctavian stands back up, but Junai tries to chop off his tail from the ground with her axe! But the serpent man leaps back just in time!

That's a springy little tail he's got there, to jump out of the way like that without havin' any feet.

Roctavian leaps forward and swings his hammer twice in quick succession! The concussive force cracks bones in Junai's right arm and her tail!

Right through the armor. And now Junai's in some real pain!

As Junai winces in terrible pain and tries to get her guard back up, Roctavian raises his weapon, and...

♫ Bang, Bang, Rocty's silver hammer came down upon her head, ♫
                ♫ Clang, Clang, Rocty's silver hammer made sure that she was dead! ♫

... I've been waiting all tournament for someone to deliver a fatal headshot with a silver hammer so I could deliver that line, jackass, and you had to go and steal my thunder.

Sorry, but I figured it was more of a commentary line than it was a play-by-play line.

And with that, the serpent man roctavian wins third place in the tournament! For Ironhide, this is Jazzimus Prime saying good night from Sirocco Gazebo in Syrupleaf!

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 7, 2014

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
God drat. An impressive win there from Roctavian. I really didn't think he had a chance.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Oh, and one more thing, before we go off the air for the evening. Like I said before the bronze medal match, you viewers may now vote on who you want to narrate the championship match! Or if you don't care, I'll just pick one.

A) Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura

B) Al Michaels and John Madden

C) Statler and Waldorf

Or, do a write-in vote, and if a write-in wins I'll see what I can do with it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

D) All of the above

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Two for two. :( Great win for Roctavian though, that was startling.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

D) All of the above

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Also going with

Bad Munki posted:

D) All of the above

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

D) All of the above

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:toot: More than doubled my bet on that round! Shame about your dorfbucks, Iunnrais/ZeeToo.

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Now roctavian stands back up, but Horza tries to chop off his tail from the ground with her axe! But the serpent man leaps back just in time!

drat troll trying to get in on the action!

Seriously though I thought for sure Roctavian was dead after the hand loss and then again after the charge. Awesome fight.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Podima posted:

:toot: More than doubled my bet on that round! Shame about your dorfbucks, Iunnrais/ZeeToo.

I imagine my giant piles of money will soothe me to sleep anyway. :smug:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Silverminnow posted:

drat troll trying to get in on the action!

:ughh: Two large powerful semifinalists with five letter names, I was sure I'd eventually gently caress that up sooner or later, but my editing always caught it until Ignite Memories put the pressure on me for a timely update. :argh:

Fixed now.

EDIT: Also, there's still plenty of time to bet on the championship match for those who haven't yet, and there's also plenty of time to vote on something that isn't Bad Munki's idea! I'm shooting for next weekend for the championship match...

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 5, 2014

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Bad munki for comentator

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
C) Statler and Waldorf and Harry Carey

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYYY

I gotta give it to roctavian, that charge turned out to be a brilliant move. Junai looked to be in control, and then outta nowhere CRUSH

A) Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Podima posted:

That was my low bet for the finals. As long as Dr. Stranglelove hasn't sold off his adamantine equipment between rounds, I feel pretty confident that my giant pile of money is still safe.

*weeps* 2000 dwarfbucks!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura and John Madden

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Iunnrais posted:

That was my low bet for the finals. As long as Dr. Stranglelove hasn't sold off his adamantine equipment between rounds, I feel pretty confident that my giant pile of money is still safe.

*weeps* 2000 dwarfbucks!

I was actually somewhat tempted to do something like this. Completely sell off everything and make him an archer or something.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does Roctavian have some kind of bonus to ground fighting? Or was that just a lucky shot while the werewolf was standing?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That was an impressive turnaround by roctavian! it gives me hope for the strangler victory.

I vote B.

Al Michaels and John Madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
D) All of the above

• Locked thread