Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao google+ is a failure and heads are rolling

https://www.secret.ly/p/wxdnkdhjnsocjxwnizhdpacufc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gently caress Google
     /

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

cremnob posted:

lmao google+ is a failure and heads are rolling

https://www.secret.ly/p/wxdnkdhjnsocjxwnizhdpacufc

good

gently caress google+

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ok

http://recode.net/2014/04/24/exclusive-google-head-vic-gundotra-leaving-company/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google spent the last few years trying to catch up to facebook and facebook has been tearing apart all the functions of facebook into separate apps

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

circles was a good idea

starting your own social network based on one feature that could easily be rolled into facebook? not so much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
forcing your social network down the throats of people that signed up for your other services? yeah excellent idea. people won't resent your service at all

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

google claims 300 million maus in the google+ stream and i just kind of refuse to believe it

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

How the gently caress do you even accept an invite to a video hangout, google?! Tell me that! Why is everything hangouts! Why do people tell me they see me online when I turn off LITERALLY EVERY DEVICE WITH A GOOGLE ACCOUNT on it?! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PipeRifle posted:

How the gently caress do you even accept an invite to a video hangout, google?! Tell me that! Why is everything hangouts! Why do people tell me they see me online when I turn off LITERALLY EVERY DEVICE WITH A GOOGLE ACCOUNT on it?! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

using chrome tied to your account will show you online too remember

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

google claims 300 million maus in the google+ stream and i just kind of refuse to believe it

oh it turns out they're counting anyone who clicks on the bell icon gets counted as an active user. okay sure.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

DO YOU WANT TO DELETE THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO? DELETING THIS VIDEO WILL ALSO:

✅ Delete your youtube account
✅ Delete your google account
✅ Delete your google+ account
✅ Delete your google places
✅ Delete your google wallet

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Cuck Google

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

that probably includes youtube commenters. synergy!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Werthog 95 posted:

circles was a good idea

no it wasn't

i shouldn't have to janitor my internet rolodex

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

At some point uploading Youtube videos from my phone stopped saying "PipeRifle" and started saying the other semi-fake name tied to my piperifle gmail account. Now I have two youtube accounts and no idea how to change my phone to upload to the right one and no idea how to merge them or even delete one of them because they're both tied to piperifle at gmail

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

if u work at google u should keep working on products that skate to where the puck was 3 years ago. this way u get paid but u will also kill google

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

that's what one of my manager's kids does and so I'm constantly having to listen to how great google is and especially google+

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

literally tried to onboard the entire team to Google Wave

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

cremnob posted:

if u work at google u should keep working on products that skate to where the puck was 3 years ago. this way u get paid but u will also kill google

put the balls where the ballpit was 3 years ago

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

other ways to sabotage google is playing politics and pitting your co-workers against each other and designing privacy infringing features that sound good to the rest of google but will end up as a pr disaster when normal people get a whiff of it. these are all things u can do without putting ur job at risk but also fulfilling the greater yospos mission of destroying google. just make the culture toxic as heck

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

poop on the slide

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

cremnob posted:

other ways to sabotage google is playing politics and pitting your co-workers against each other and designing privacy infringing features that sound good to the rest of google but will end up as a pr disaster when normal people get a whiff of it. these are all things u can do without putting ur job at risk but also fulfilling the greater yospos mission of destroying google. just make the culture toxic as heck

i think you're talking about microsoft here

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

google plus has made it difficult for me to post snarky comments under my pseudonym on youtube

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

google plus has made it difficult for me to post snarky comments under my pseudonym on youtube
yeah i don't have an actual youtube account to post things to anymore

i just don't like saying idiotic things like "lol this is loving retarded" under my real name

may as well start signing my posts

quote:

lmao this is loving retarded as poo poo

- Arthur Thomas Andrew Poopsworth III Esq.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

for me whenever i go to youtube after signing into google it asks me which account i want to use. i choose my non-gmail account and post snarky, abusively trolly comments with that. no one sees that on my google+ account, right?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol at cremnob not saying "gently caress yahoo :mrgw:"

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

google is bad and actively trying to make their company and services worse, like microsoft a few years ago

i support them because computers are bad and those that use them should be punished tbqhwy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cantorsdust posted:

i think you're talking about microsoft here

lol if you dont think screwgle has already turned into the MS of 10 years ago

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Games >> Yahoo! Pool

still alive afaik

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Games >> Yahoo! Pool

still alive afaik

god drat i ussed to love playing that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
eric scmidt cucked the ops dad

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

PipeRifle posted:

literally tried to onboard the entire team to Google Wave

lol literally tried to organize a camping trip with google wave
the trip was great but no one really bothered with the wave either before or after the trip

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Werthog 95 posted:

circles was a good idea

starting your own social network based on one feature that could easily be rolled into facebook? not so much

the prob with g+ is its not a product, its an architecture. its a centralised loose grab bag of features so that instead of multiple teams doing social badly in isolation, they can do social badly once and have it spread everywhere. they never actually got round to defining it for the user.

the sad thing is the new system is actually more flexible than the old: instead 1 goog account= 1 channel, its now 1 goog account = 50 psuedonym channels + 1 real name channel.

people are so busy trying to escape real names that they never even get the chance to read the dialog

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/24/google-is-walking-dead/

techcrunch has the deets

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Games >> Yahoo! Pool

still alive afaik

our Yahoo account has been de-activated
Your Yahoo account has been inactive for an extended period of time and is being recycled. If you need a new account, please sign up for a new one.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
gently caress you yahoo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

According to two sources, Google has apparently been reshuffling the teams that used to form the core of Google+, a group numbering between 1,000 and 1,200 employees.

lmao what a horrendous waste of human life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Games >> Yahoo! Pool

still alive afaik
holy poo poo

• Locked thread