Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Filthee Fingas posted:

The future of Man U

I swear I've seen this before..

Oh..

I hope United win the rest of their matches this season and they sign on permanently and are even worse than Moyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
SAF has come out and said that Giggs deserves to be given the full time manager job.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/26/alex-ferguson-ryan-giggs-manchester-united-manager

This is going to amazing.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

SAF has come out and said that Giggs deserves to be given the full time manager job.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/26/alex-ferguson-ryan-giggs-manchester-united-manager

Never thought I'd say this, but someone please shoot that old senile oval office into the sun.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 491 days!
Ryan Giggs is a football genius

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It's happening and it's going to better than Moyes. God bless us everyone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm not sure which I'd prefer, Giggs winning all 3/4 matches and getting the job full time or somebody else being undermined for not being Ferguson

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

He really needs to just shut up and stay away from Utd till he dies. He's poison to any new manager

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He really needs to just shut up and stay away from Utd till he dies. He's poison to any new manager

Him and the rest of the '92 lingering around. United have to clear the house.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

"The record's good – it is better than any Premier League manager in the history of this club," said Sherwood. "There has been no one at this club who has done a better job at the Premier League. My record stands for itself."

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The hell is going on tonight, an outpouring of mass delusion?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I hope they keep the Chosen One banner up and just tape a big picture of Giggs over Moyes now.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Velma pulls off the mask to reveal Joe Kinnear.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mbisonyes.gif

I hope they go through the entire class of 92 and all "fergie's fledglings" one by one and United get progressively lower and lower in the league until they finally get relegated and go bankrupt under Beckham and Fergie cries himself to sleep in a pool of whisky.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wenger has apparently told bein sport that he will not walk at the end of this season.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 26, 2014

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Wenger has apparently told bein sport that he will not walk at the end of this season.

Its a long way to the airport. A smart person would use the gatwick express.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
The injuries just keep piling up

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

vyelkin posted:

I hope they go through the entire class of 92 and all "fergie's fledglings" one by one and United get progressively lower and lower in the league until they finally get relegated and go bankrupt under Beckham and Fergie cries himself to sleep in a pool of whisky.

This but he goes home to drown his sorrows, opens the wrong door and gets trampled by his favorite horse (which then has to be destroyed).

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Is his record the best of Spurs managers? If it is I don't see the problem with what he's said

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Blue Screen Error posted:

Is his record the best of Spurs managers? If it is I don't see the problem with what he's said

It is, but he's only had 17 games

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Has Tim Sherwood not already been told he's done at the end of the season? Maybe I just read too many drat rumours.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm not sure which I'd prefer, Giggs winning all 3/4 matches and getting the job full time or somebody else being undermined for not being Ferguson

he won't need to win any matches, it's all because of Moyes now so Giggs will get the perm position no matter what, and I said this as soon as it was announced. I can't wait for Giggs to get the job, and Moyes to get a job at some club who are always near the bottom, and moyes finishes above united and we will all do a massive lol.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Digital Jesus posted:

Has Tim Sherwood not already been told he's done at the end of the season? Maybe I just read too many drat rumours.

He's been told. That's why he's turned into a petulant child the last month or so taking every opportunity to talk about how great he is and undermining the players. Also he did the whole "I couldn't go back to being an assistant manager now."

Most of Harry's old cronies in the press seem to also love Tim, and they've been talking up what a disgrace it is that an English manager is being treated like this.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

he won't need to win any matches, it's all because of Moyes now so Giggs will get the perm position no matter what, and I said this as soon as it was announced. I can't wait for Giggs to get the job, and Moyes to get a job at some club who are always near the bottom, and moyes finishes above united and we will all do a massive lol.

If United don't bring in Klopp or someone of similar clout, it's a fairly easy transition where one manager with no chance of succeeding hands off to another manager with no chance of succeeding. Giggs ego has totally got the best of him here and I can't wait to see it blow up in his face.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shoren posted:

I hope they keep the Chosen One banner up and just tape a big picture of Giggs over Moyes now.

Did that ever sell? I assumed
bids for 150k were bullshit but who knows

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did that ever sell? I assumed
bids for 150k were bullshit but who knows

They tried to give it away to the national football museum, but they turned it down. Currently they have no idea what to do with it.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Skinty McEdger posted:

They tried to give it away to the national football museum, but they turned it down. Currently they have no idea what to do with it.
I believe they also suggested that they'd auction it off for charity.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

jynxed posted:

Found this interesting, the picture gallery in the article shows how Anfield evolved over the years. I guess alot of the older stadiums followed a similar profile so its interesting to see how a simple football pitch almost organically grows to a stadium fit for the PL.

These are great.

palkjdg
Feb 20, 2006
When is too early to make a summer transfer thread?

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 491 days!

palkjdg posted:

When is too early to make a summer transfer thread?

2 years if you're a barca fan

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
It warms the heart to see a company promote from within. Giggs should be given the keys to an unlimited warchest and a long term contract in this poster's opinion.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Apparently Van Gaal is close to being appointed new United boss, with Kluivert as his assistant.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/22554302/__VAN_GAAL_NAAR_MAN.UNITED__.html

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm imagining now what would happen if Giggs did get the job, and then he won the league and all the other trophies including the crap ones. I imagine I would drink the sea and then replace the sea with all your tiny tears.

He's not asked for the job, they've said he's not in line for the job, he can't get a result in the last four games big enough to justify giving him the job

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
van Gaal would still be pretty funny, if only for the expression on Wazzock's face.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
van Gaal is going to be a trainwreck and it will be really funny to watch if it happens

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Van Gaal in a shouting match with Lawro and Lineker on MOTD every week

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

hrm maybe it'd be 20% higher if you "believed" in holding midfielders, played Eriksen as a #10, or you know if any of the players respected you at all

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Blue Screen Error posted:

looking at previous tottenham point totals, it doesn't really seem like they're doing that poorly. if they win their final 3 matches they'll finish with a higher point total than they did when they made it into the champion's league

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I know van gaal is mental on a personal level, but how insane is he on a professional one? are his training sessions at magath levels?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

hrm maybe Van Persie could not leave now and United will actually be well decent next year not good news

or they could capitulate into madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well we tried Scotland, let's give Wales a go.

• Locked thread