Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

:eyepop::fh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

so apparently the lesson here is don't spray a guy carrying a flare.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

Is it?. Because well you know...

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Branis posted:

I thought the manufacturers had already managed to make this stuff non-flammable. I know several years ago we went through a huge push to check all of our spray and confirm that it wasn't flammable due to the public being afraid that our tasers would light somebody up like a Christmas tree after being sprayed.

Despite the fact that any decent cop I've worked with understands that spray is one of the least useful tools on our belt. (At least in my experience and the anecdotal evidence from two different agencies in northern California.) I stopped carrying the stuff at least two years before I got hurt. It just was never a useful enough tool for me to expose myself and my partners to it instead of just going hands on or using Mr. Edison's electronic shooting machine.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

:eyepop:

my understanding is a lot of manufacturers were marking their poo poo "non-flammable" which they claimed was technically true, since only the propellant was flammable and not the spray itself. We tested a bunch of freeze +p that would light up pretty well even though it was clearly marked "non-flammable" :suspense:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
that pic was somewhere in like eastern europe I think, so it may have just been straight gasoline he as firing out of that canister.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Just picked up an NVIDIA Shield. Goodbye productivity!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SrgMagnum posted:

I thought the manufacturers had already managed to make this stuff non-flammable. I know several years ago we went through a huge push to check all of our spray and confirm that it wasn't flammable due to the public being afraid that our tasers would light somebody up like a Christmas tree after being sprayed.

Despite the fact that any decent cop I've worked with understands that spray is one of the least useful tools on our belt. (At least in my experience and the anecdotal evidence from two different agencies in northern California.) I stopped carrying the stuff at least two years before I got hurt. It just was never a useful enough tool for me to expose myself and my partners to it instead of just going hands on or using Mr. Edison's electronic shooting machine.

Yeah the spray won't burn but the propellant certainly will!

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
So when do we get predator drones that fire flaming OC missiles?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Tentacle Party posted:

So when do we get predator drones that fire flaming OC missiles?

Predator drones? Maybe a few years... we've already got a robot equiped with a 37mm launcher for gas canisters and 12g shotgun for less lethal rounds :science:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

JayKay posted:

Just picked up an NVIDIA Shield. Goodbye productivity!

When they say wireless what do they mean? Can I play planetside from my cruiser now?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Alaska State Troopers added a recruitment picture on their facebook of a guy from the FHP that moved up there and joined AST. I've been wondering where thesoldier went.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

:black101:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I feel like that image is doctored? Don't you think the crowd of people around him would have a horrified look on their face seeing a guy turn into a human torch?

Edit: Nevermind!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

arsons making me lol

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

That NYPD smart car has Dutch plates so I call bullshit.

We have a couple of these now

And yes, they can chase other vehicles with blues and twos.

beanieson posted:

:eyepop: what the gently caress do you need that for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-27196621

BBC posted:

FaceTime video chat driver stopped by Surrey Police

A motorist was seen using video chat app FaceTime while driving, Surrey Police have revealed. The unnamed car driver was using a tablet on their lap while at the wheel. Officers spotted the incident during a three-month pilot scheme which used an unmarked HGV tractor to target lorry drivers breaking the law.

Insp Richard Mallett, of the Surrey Roads Policing Unit, said officers had also spotted a lorry driver texting with one foot on the dashboard. "The person FaceTiming was actually a car driver, but because we were higher up, we could see down into the car," he said. He said most of those stopped were lorry drivers, but that a significant number of car drivers were also driving "appallingly".

A total of 436 vehicles were stopped between February and earlier this month, 270 of which were commercial vehicles. Some 333 drivers were given fixed penalty notices, 44 were given words of advice, 27 got graduated fixed penalties - given to those who do not have UK addresses - and eight were summonsed. Insp Mallett said a knife with a 6in (15cm) blade had been seized from a Dutch lorry driver, who said in Holland it was "a little knife".

"One chap admitted 'I haven't worn a seatbelt for 20 years - this is the first time I've been stopped'," he added. A petrol tanker driver "begged" officers not to tell his employer he was not wearing his seatbelt because he would lose his job, the force said.

A Lithuanian lorry driver said he was driving while using his mobile phone because it was unlawful to stop on the hard shoulder. A driver who "hogged" lane three said: "It's your fault, officer, you shouldn't have been so close behind me". Another, stopped for speeding, said: "How am I supposed to know my speed?"

The three-month pilot, called Operation Tramline, was led by Surrey Police and included officers from Sussex, Hampshire and the Thames Valley and Warwickshire, in partnership with the Highways Agency. Insp Mallett said the force felt the scheme had been successful. "Any incident we prevent prevents delays to the network and reduces the numbers of injuries and casualties on our roads," he said.

srs lols from those excuses (also classic Dutchman)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Disappointed they don't mention how many lorry drivers they caught without pants

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Disappointed they don't mention how many lorry drivers they caught without pants
No it says it right there

quote:

A total of 436 vehicles were stopped between February and earlier this month, 270 of which were commercial vehicles.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Ah, in Europe it's a four-foot Dutchman with a three-foot knife? :themoreyouknow:

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Inspector Dick Mallett

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I saw a video where an Oklahoma state trooper ignored a deaf guy signing that he's deaf after he got pulled over and pulled said dude out of his car and beat him because he wasn't complying.

Dude was also black.

So look forward to that being used as an excuse to paint all police officers with the same brush by ACAB types.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
so deaf, and so black

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Def Brutality Jam

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Pretty good video making the rounds on Social Media

http://vimeo.com/89089809

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

gently caress, now I want to do it even though acab.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hezzy posted:

That was pretty well done.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

You fuckers should be watching Fargo, Tuesdays at 9 on FX :munch:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

oh yah

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

Started that now that Justified is over. And of course Billy Bob Thornton being hilarious.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I have the option of switching from my new marked Taurus Interceptor with 6k on the clock to an unmarked Crown Vic with 60k and mounted radar.

Should I do it? :gifttank:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I'd take the crown Vic just cause you'll never get to drive one again.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Unmarked is superior in every way.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

Unmarked is superior in every way.

Is there really such a thing as an unmarked crown Vic?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Probably not. Also, anything with black steelie wheels isn't really unmarked.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'd pull traffic if I could drive an unmarked car.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

beanieson posted:

This has been recommended to me but I'm not sure. What is it about?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Hezzy posted:

This has been recommended to me but I'm not sure. What is it about?

It's not really a sequel or remake of the film Fargo so you could enjoy this without having seen that movie (watch it anyway, one of the Coen's best) but there's a lot of references to all the Coen's films and some of the characters are absolutely homages to iconic Coen characters.

So far it's taken the setting of the film Fargo (small town frozen tundra Branisland) and added Satan personified who's just going around doing terrible things that ammuse him (and the audience). Billy Bob Thornton will probably be nominated for an emmy (and lose to McConaughey :buddy:)

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Bemidji is in northern minnesota, i'm not one of forest dwelling wierdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
drat that show is good, you betcha.

• Locked thread