Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh man, now all we need is Carlyle fired and Toronto to pick up Torts to finish the cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ThinkTank posted:

My ability to experience happiness vanished sometime in January, but I'd consider what I'm feeling to be on the more positive side of apathy.

if you could imagine a slightly brighter form of hopelessness, thats what i see at the end of the tunnel

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

deafmute posted:

Then Adam Oates entered the frame and the darkness was eternal

:suicide:

TROTZ TROTZ TROTZ TROTZ

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

:suicide:

TROTZ TROTZ TROTZ TROTZ

Trotz won't work for this team. SJS need to lose so we can get McLellan. He's a great coach.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

Oh man, now all we need is Carlyle fired and Toronto to pick up Torts to finish the cycle.

Toronto gets the GMs, not the coaches

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

Trotz won't work for this team.

Why?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

We just tried a rigid, defence first coach and it lasted exactly one year. The team was incredibly successful emulating a Detroit style possession system, of with Todd McLellan is a dilligent pupil.

Trotz did a great job without a great deal to work with in Nashville, but I don't think he's the right person to coach an uptempo attacking style for a disillusioned fanbase. I just don't see him fitting in much better than Torts did.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

ThinkTank posted:

Trotz won't work for this team. SJS need to lose so we can get McLellan. He's a great coach.
If McLellan and Torts traded spots then had the same results it'd be pretty great

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Trotz needs to go to the Caps I'll be disappointed if he goes anywhere else.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol Torts. Canucks are imploding

Lol Sharks?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

T-Bone posted:

Trotz needs to go to the Caps I'll be disappointed if he goes anywhere else.

Hahahahaaaaaamaybe? I dunno.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Welcome Avs fans.

Also, an early welcome to Sharks fans.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Congratulations to the Minnesota Wild, who have moved on to get hosed Up By Chicago

Regards to the Colorado Avalanche Bad Possession Machine that probably should have been here earlier

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

My bracket has went from 100% to trash in 1 night.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

My bracket has went from 100% to trash in 1 night.

Me too. My dreams of a colorado philly final died. :(

They were fever dreams, but I didn't think it would end like this.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

At the start of the season, I would've been happy if the Avs squeaked in as a 7 or 8 seed and bowed out.

This season was drat fun. :unsmith:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mcvey posted:

Hahahahaaaaaamaybe? I dunno.

It would be Interesting to see him with that kind of roster gotta think he would at least get you back in the playoffs.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sharks can still win

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Make some room folks

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Holy hell the Kings are going to win the Cup again. On the bright side, we get Sutter interviews for 6 more weeks. Welcome Sharks fans!

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
What has this fifteen seasons of Sharks fandom been for if not suffering?

Ah well.

The Duke of Avon
Apr 12, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Everybody's firing their coaches except Toronto and I'm getting really worried they won't do it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So where's McLellan going?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

T-Bone posted:

Saskatoon

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Guignol posted:

Saskatoon

Hahaha

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Vancouver! The two teams are forever entwined in space and time. In a billion billion years we will still be part of this dance, still devoid of cups.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Hahaha the Flyers are poo poo but the Sharks are even more poo poo

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Guignol posted:

Saskatoon

melville's only millionaire

Some team's gonna get a real good coach:

bub spank fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 1, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

double sulk posted:

Hahaha the Flyers are poo poo but the Sharks are even more poo poo

The guy at work I always talk about hockey with is a Flyers fan and San Jose is his west coast team.

I think I'll let him grieve tomorrow.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
Niemi needs to go.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Gonna be lots of coaches moving around.

burf posted:

Technically Melville

(serious question: is he melville's only millionaire?)

:rimshot:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Verviticus posted:

how about mclellan

As long as we get Trotz.

Hey Thread :smith:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was 6 for 6 with my bracket until the Wild won, and then the Sharks had to pull that poo poo... I had them in the finals. That's the last time I do that.

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Little Joe? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
gently caress this bullshit

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

how is the defense pool looking this off-season :smith:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Verviticus posted:

how about mclellan

Mark Messier is looking to coach isn't he?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I shoudl have never secretly wanted the FLyers to win that year I'm sorry. I"M SORRY.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Aphrodite posted:

The guy at work I always talk about hockey with is a Flyers fan and San Jose is his west coast team.

I think I'll let him grieve tomorrow.

That's a dangerous combination right there. Nevermind letting him greave, you ought to call and make sure he isn't, well, planning on doing anything rash.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

ThinkTank posted:

We just tried a rigid, defence first coach and it lasted exactly one year. The team was incredibly successful emulating a Detroit style possession system, of with Todd McLellan is a dilligent pupil.

Trotz did a great job without a great deal to work with in Nashville, but I don't think he's the right person to coach an uptempo attacking style for a disillusioned fanbase. I just don't see him fitting in much better than Torts did.

trotz works with the rosters he's given. he's had high scoring teams and low scoring teams. give him the roster for the uptempo style, and you'll get fast, high-scoring hockey. he's not "rigid" and he doesn't have problems adapting.

really hope he doesn't go to vancouver just so i don't have to hear poo poo like that though. not you, i just know the media would be all over it after 2 weeks. i think he'll go to a young team like the panthers anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Trevor Bird posted:

trotz works with the rosters he's given. he's had high scoring teams and low scoring teams. give him the roster for the uptempo style, and you'll get fast, high-scoring hockey. he's not "rigid" and he doesn't have problems adapting.

I want Trotz, i've always wanted trotz. :smith:

• Locked thread