Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

A game where you are a chiropractor "adjusting" a woman's neck.

(it kills her)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A game where you're an 80's cartoon hero and you need to sell toys to manchildren.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Survive Crossfit.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
A game where you help Starscream bring Megatron his coffee already :argh:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

A game where you help Starscream bring Megatron his coffee already :argh:

Or with Avenger and Birdman.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So this is more the sense of a playlist shuffle, where it'll play every game once before looping back around.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Well poo poo. I just spent 90 minutes trying to make a Bitcoin game with no luck. I'm having trouble programming in 2 possible win conditions (1:Mine x coins when x is the goal, OR 2:Mine y coins when y is the goal). I'm not sure the game is designed for 2 possible wins.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nah, that works, I just did a simple test of tapping an object either once or twice. Arrange your objects like this:

1) Dummy object, decides whether to tap once or twice. Single art, single cell, invisible.
Start: Set art to A, locate wherever.
AI1: When time 1-1 is hit && When time from 1-1 to 1-2 is hit: turn switch on.

2) Tapping object. The object to tap. Three arts, single cell each.
Start: Set to 1, locate wherever.
AI1: When self is tapped && art is set to 1, change art to 2.
AI2: When self is tapped && art is set to 2, change art to 3.
AI3: When art is set to 2 && when Dummy switch is off: Turn self switch on.
AI4: When art is set to 3 && when Dummy switch is on: Turn self switch on.

Win condition: When Tapping Object switch is on.

You can probably optimize this.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 27, 2014

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Thanks! That makes sense. Now I'm running into another problem - the game can be won, but it cannot be lost by over-mining. I tried to make it so that:
code:
if time END is hit AND
   randomizer object switch is OFF (goal is 2 coins) AND
   coin art is 1 or 3+ (too little or too many coins have been mined)

then lose the game
The problem is that the coin object does not have enough AI slots to make this happen. I tried making another "LOSE" object whose switch would turn on when loss conditions are met, but you can't have the art state of the coin object affect the switch state of the LOSE object.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Maybe delay the win check until the end? Put a && Time == END in the winning condition switch and turn the switch of the tapping object back off if you tap too much.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I've definitely seen games where there's a random? (maybe just two) value for amount of things to tap or create on-screen that changes, so I'm sure mining so and so bitcoins is possible.

Make sure it's a neckbeard whacking on his PC with an actual pickaxe.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

... and turn the switch of the tapping object back off if you tap too much.

Yeah, this is where I'm running into trouble. I think this needs to be done within the Bitcoin object, and that is already maxed out for AI.

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity
e: I had an idea on the programming but yeah it was totally said a few posts up.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Squack McQuack posted:

Yeah, this is where I'm running into trouble. I think this needs to be done within the Bitcoin object, and that is already maxed out for AI.
Ghetto solution idea: When the switch that says you're going to win the game is switched on - thus, you've mined the correct number and don't want to mine any more - replace the object you've been tapping with an identical object, and tapping that either makes you lose right away or flips its switch on, so the win condition is if time is X and that switch is off and whatever other switch is on, you win.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
You're in the middle of your wedding, establishing shot of church interior full of guests. Close up of the hands with you about to put the wedding ring on her finger. If you push the ring on, you lose, :smith:. You throw the ring sideways you run out of the church and win.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Here's another idea: a game with a city background, a bunch of cars, and the command "Michael Bay!" You tap the cars, they explode, and when they've all exploded the city is also on fire. Naturally, everything being on fire is the win condition.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

KennyMan666 posted:

Ghetto solution idea: When the switch that says you're going to win the game is switched on - thus, you've mined the correct number and don't want to mine any more - replace the object you've been tapping with an identical object, and tapping that either makes you lose right away or flips its switch on, so the win condition is if time is X and that switch is off and whatever other switch is on, you win.

Yeah, this worked! Now I just have to record the episode by Wednesday. Unlikely, but we'll see...

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
You can do it! Remember all those lessons your learned in that first minigame you made. Tap the floating controller and microphone!

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Gyra_Solune posted:

You can do it! Remember all those lessons your learned in that first minigame you made. Tap the floating controller and microphone!

Of course. The answer has been in front of me this whole time.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Squack McQuack posted:

Well poo poo. I just spent 90 minutes trying to make a Bitcoin game with no luck. I'm having trouble programming in 2 possible win conditions (1:Mine x coins when x is the goal, OR 2:Mine y coins when y is the goal). I'm not sure the game is designed for 2 possible wins.

Much like in real life, you can't win at bitcoins

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Gyra_Solune posted:

Squack McQuack posted:

Of course. The answer has been in front of me this whole time.
This thread is my favourite anime :syoon:.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I did not make the video in time for today. Sorry! I appreciate the words of encouragement.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Some fan art, er fan microgame art?
Quack.
It's another way to encourage the let's player!

Sorry for the low quality, my connection is really not suitable for uploading anything large. Shoutout to EBA for the basic idea.

SystemLogoff fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 1, 2014

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Haha, awesome.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

SystemLogoff posted:

Some fan art, er fan microgame art?
Quack.
It's another way to encourage the let's player!

Sorry for the low quality, my connection is really not suitable for uploading anything large. Shoutout to EBA for the basic idea.

This is absolutely beautiful.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Good news - looks like we'll be back on track for Wednesday.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Thanks for being patient everyone! Here is the new episode:

Whybird posted:

Make a game where you have to mine Bitcoins, but if you mine them too quickly your rig catches fire and burns your house down.

Episode 5 - “Buy! Sell!” - Suggested by Whybird and others (big thanks to Admiral H. Curtiss and KennyMan666 for solving programming issues)

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Definitely worth the wait.

Anyway, for a suggestion, maybe a game based on Calvinball? You've already shown you can do games with differing win conditions, after all.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

You should have chosen the rocketship label because bitcoin is going to the moooooooon

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

EightFlyingCars posted:

You should have chosen the rocketship label because bitcoin is going to the moooooooon

Cryptomania 2: The Dogening

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A game where you have to save the LP subforum from the scourge of hentai VNs.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
Is there anyway to make more complex Boss micro games in DIY? Or are you limited to the regular ones that only last a few seconds?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A game where you're grinding monsters to level up.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Wind God Sety posted:

Is there anyway to make more complex Boss micro games in DIY? Or are you limited to the regular ones that only last a few seconds?

Yeah, sadly there is no way to make a boss game. You're limited to short or slightly longer times. I guess they did not want to give more features to the editor that might confuse people.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mehuyael posted:

A game where you're grinding monsters to level up.

With a literal meat grinder.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

SystemLogoff posted:

Yeah, sadly there is no way to make a boss game. You're limited to short or slightly longer times. I guess they did not want to give more features to the editor that might confuse people.
What a shame. The boss stages were usually a highlight in the WarioWare games for me. Anyone remember the one at the end of Smooth Moves? Probably my favorite one.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Please make a game based on this gif, coming from the wonderful La Mulana LP:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It actually is interesting to see you develop simple programming structures based on the tools they give you.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
You should make one for all the VGCW fans out there: escape Gabe Newell's Wallet Squeeze. (as demonstrated below the spoiler)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
New episode! Hmm...I probably should have posted this one on Cinco de Mayo.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Metal Gear Rising

Cut A Man and then grab the delicious spine before it hits the ground! Either that or anything with Armstrong doing something- throw the giant chunk of metal at the annoying pretty cyborg man!

Episode 6 - “Zandatsu” - Suggested by Monkey Fracas

• Locked thread