Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

oliwan posted:

Hm, now spurs are saying they actually didn't approach De Boer, een though he said they did.

It's a funny old game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Mourinho is calling random managers pretending to be Spurs and Man U officials. ~Mind games~

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Juande whether that's true

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ramoniscing of a better time

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Juan de la Cruz "Juande" Ramos Cano is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently in charge of the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetroporborsky

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Juan de la Cruz "Juande" Ramos Cano is a Spanish former footballer and manager who is currently in charge of the Ukrainian football club Dnipro Dnipropetroporborsky

I hear he's been linked with a move to the RPL.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Maybe it was that middleman that was doing United's bidding for Ander Herrera last summer.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
That Cano have been an easy transition to make

Shroud
May 11, 2009
How hard can the Ukrainian league be? He's probably on Cruz control.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Imagine if he arrives and takes Konoplyanka and Zozulya with him. And then imagine he buys Iamolenko. FM dream team. Phwoar.

Haha but seriously folks none of this will happen. I want De Boer and Bergkamp together in the prem so I can play that goal to myself over and over.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

And now Ray Clemence has come out and said that Sherwood has a good record compared to Wenger and Martinez with the implication that the only reason Sherwood's position is up in the air is because he's an English manager. I really don't want Harry 2.0, I had to suffer through the original and I don't think I could take the market stall imitation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd quite like Moyes to become the next Newcastle manager I think

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Why doesn't levy accept spurs are never going to get into the cl again so paying Tim 18k a year to come 5th is as good as it gets

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

CareyB posted:

I know everyone is berating mourinho for this but noted tika taka from the other side of scouse land (martinez) spoke about football being a game of errors in that podcast he did so it's not as if this is just mou's thinking but pretty much common fact - and I personally found it ever so slightly insightful really as a different way of thinking. Its especially funny to read that after one huge glaring error from the weekend. That slip was pretty much his philosophy personified and gently caress me it's glorious.

I think everyone needs to remember that Chelsea during the first half of the season were naturally very attacking. Get the ball to Hazard and then him, Oscar and Willian (with Ramires bombing forward) would switch positions rotating around each other however they wanted. This failed because of an ineffective striker provided less space for the midfielders to get enough goals/assists. Mourinho got frustrated at the lack of overall control in a game and went back to basics with a heavy defensive mindset with quick counterattacks. Next season with a better striker he may return to a more attacking gameplan.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Hows AVB doing at Spartak? Maybe he just need a break from the high demands of The Premier Barclays British League Premiership and is ready to come back home

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Zenit, and he's played 6 won 6 so far.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Jose posted:

I'd quite like Moyes to become the next Newcastle manager I think

He'd get you challenging for 7th every season on a shoe-string budget. You could do worse I suppose.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Headhunter posted:

He'd get you challenging for 7th every season on a shoe-string budget. You could do worse I suppose.

Would Newcastle ever win games when we go behind first?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Headhunter posted:

If Moyes had Newcastle's budget when he was at Everton I think he probably would've won a couple cups and got them into the CL more than once.

But you are right that 7th would probably be the ceiling for Moyes at Newcastle as it's too crowded at the top the league right now.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I'd like to go on record saying that I would also quite like Moyes at Newcastle.

Did Moyes' Everton score from corners more than once every few seasons?

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Modus Trollens posted:

Sherwood doesn't believe in defensive midfielders that's why he should be fired he's still playing for Kenny Daglish in his head

The fact that Sherwood was one during his playing days makes it all the dumber.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

The fact that Sherwood was one during his playing days makes it all the dumber.

I thought that was Les Ferdinand. I think it was more speaking out against specialization rather than not drilling in to the players that one midfielder needs to think defensively if the other is going forward.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/28/tottenham-coach-les-ferdinand-insists-holding-midfielders-are-a-waste-of-time-4280699/

Who knows what Sherwood is telling the players. He doesn't seem like the most intellectual guy around, though.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Maoist Pussy posted:

Why isn't Redknapp being considered for United?

He was, but you have to write a short essay on Fergie's book to be considered.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Or read one at the very least

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

quiet enjoyment posted:

Hows AVB doing at Spartak? Maybe he just need a break from the high demands of The Premier Barclays British League Premiership and is ready to come back home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvXBPnqqB0

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 523 days!
I am searching for some kind of Ukraine joke with all that yellow and blue action, but I can't quite get there.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Is it not unusual for the manager to be running that kind of a small group training session?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

cheese posted:

Is it not unusual for the manager to be running that kind of a small group training session?

its not unusual to have fun with anyone

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Have to say I envy Andre and Juandre out there. Rappelons les faits:

-no laws
-no tax
-no gays
-local women
-'unsafe' to bring your family

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Norwich supporters have voted Carlo Nash their player of the season because they're pissed off at how its gone

There are a few rumours as well that Rooney doesn't want van Gaal to become next Man Utd manager because he doesn't like his methods and the rumours he will make Robin van Persie captain instead

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Screen Error posted:

Lol, it's not

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Blue Screen Error posted:

Yes. I like this.

AVB sounds like a right nutter tbf.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

Yes. I like this.

AVB sounds like a right nutter tbf.

AVB is actually the guy who came up with DZ SiBot and the shot zone matrix

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

There are a few rumours as well that Rooney doesn't want van Gaal to become next Man Utd manager because he doesn't like his methods and the rumours he will make Robin van Persie captain instead

Lol.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rumours about rumours? Well I never.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

*Hans Landa voice*

I love rumors!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Its dumb as hell but would be quite funny if Rooney was annoyed after being made captain was part of his contract or whatever

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
RvP as captain would be proper funny.
What happens if the coin-toss is abandoned because one of the captains is sulking?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I would NOT like Moyes. Pardew does well when Ashley backs him, and does poorly when he doesn't. I don't see why Pardew should get the amount of abuse he does when a good portion of the failings of the club is out of his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kcer posted:

I would NOT like Moyes. Pardew does well when Ashley backs him, and does poorly when he doesn't. I don't see why Pardew should get the amount of abuse he does when a good portion of the failings of the club is out of his hands.

I'd like us to win some matches after going behind which has to be a problem with Pardew and the squads mentality

• Locked thread