Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

krushgroove posted:

Yo! Same as Asphyxious - I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone :) just for uniformity's sake!

Oh, missed that! Here they are again, but they've been washed blue now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 10 Dreadball figures from the Corporation team, for the month of May 2014.

WIP

My Dreadballers are one of my first efforts in object source lighting. What's the object? The neon lights of the stadium, of course!

Full VA metallic Chrome with a light dusting of Minitaire Plasma Fluid

Just need detailing!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of May 2014:
10 Spanner Boyz (GW Orks)
1 Scrap Trukk (Converted GW Ork Trukk)
1 Reaper Bones Executioner

Hope the description's OK, first time oather here!

(I know I don't need the username in the oath pics but I want to get into good habits for the completed ones)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Wow I didn't even realize I had to take a photo of my oath in the Samoa time zone. I already started painting so uh, is that going to be a problem?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I, Khorne Flakes, oath Madrak and Dire Mauler/Bomber for the month of May 2014.

Madrak (Privater Press)

Dire Mauler/Bomber, straight out of a dissolver bath(Privater Press)

Edit>> Ya times slightly off on the phone, was scrubbing the Troll down.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

krushgroove posted:

OK cool, thanks for confirming Samoa is OK - BUT I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone! Whatever you've painted already is OK, just need to stick to the rules, especially since the thread is just 2 days old

Whoops, sorry KG, here you go.

Reading is for chumps.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I Oath 6 Rangers
from Privateer Press, 28mm

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath to paint an Archidon from PP, three islands from GW dreadfleet, and Nasti from Urban Mammoth (28mm) for the month of May.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath: Maelok the Dreadbound, a gatorman bokor, and a gatorman witch doctor:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
:wooper: I, overthefalls, oath the following: :wooper:
- 8x Chaos Space Marines and 1x Chaos Rhino from Games Workshop.

(I ran out of spray to do the rhino toppers :( )

I need to paint them for the Independent characters oath anyways, so why not double dip?

Also, can I claim Fly Your Flag on this for the Slaanesh icon?

Kinda nice to be back doing these.

overthefalls fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Hey krushgroove, will there be an alternate universe option this time around? I have a big project I would like to oath to keep me motivated but it might take more than a month :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think the plan is to scrap it? I'm not certain. But I do know that only 8 goons completed alt universe oaths in the last year's thread, and more than one survey response was against it.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
It's been 2 years since I've been able to put in an official oath, so time to dive right in!

I oath for May, 2 Plague hounds, a type 1, three type 2's, and 5 type 3's, all for Deadzone by Mantic.

Krushgroove and everyone involved did a great job with last season and many thanks go out for all the hard work they put in. Here's looking forward to another great season where I won't fail any oaths! (I hope)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
New season, new oaths. Probably won't get as much done as last season, since I'm supposed to be graduating within a year, but I'l try my best.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Inquisitor, two Crusaders, one Librarian, one Honour Guard and three Tactical Marines. Everything 28mm by Games Workshop or kitbashed using GW bits.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath some Cryx:

Specifically: a Slayer warjack, two Warwitch Sirens, Mortenebra, and Deryliss. All are Privateer Press, 30mm, and for Warhachine.

Mortenebra and the Slayer are both missing some parts, which I'll have to Oath Addition whenever they arrive.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 5 Shoota Boyz and 3 Ork Warbikers (all GW, 28)

I realised today that I am running out of things to paint. It has taken me 6+ months to paint things without a stick. I should finish up my Orks this year.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I, Forums Terrorist, oath 10 T-34/85s in 15mm by the Plastic Soldier Company.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I, Radlum, oath that I will paint this 5 Sisters of Avelorn (GW, 28mm) for May 2014

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath Nork Deddog by GW for May
Featuring giant spiky mace and obligatory dead assassin basing.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I, Phoon, being of soundish health and mind do hereby oath to paint two
goblin snipers, two mawbeasts and one hulk in the month of May

All are mantic deadzone marauders, 28mm

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Forums Terrorist posted:

I, Forums Terrorist, oath 10 T-34/85s in 15mm by the Plastic Soldier Company.

A tankovy! Well, good sir,

I, YF19pilot, oath 11 Panzer IV H in 15mm by Battlefront (Flames of War). That's 10 plastic (5 mostly built, 5 unbuilt) and one resin/pewter.

I also promise to do my best to not quit 3 months in because of my retail job. I no longer work retail which means I actually have weekends and predictable spare time to actually work on this. The prize I won last year is unpainted, but I may do that next month, what with the summer theme and all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If I hadn't oathed already, I'd respond with half a dozen Sherman Vs and Fireflys :argh:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Raphus C, thiswayliesmadness: Your pics look fine, but please snap another one in Samoa time. :) It's okay if you've already started painting.

Oh snap, we've got a Tank-Off. (Does that mean we've successfully advertised in the Historicals Thread?)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I, ghetto wormhole, oath 10 Kasrkin and 1 Inquisitor by Games Workshop for May.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths posted:

I, moths, oath some Cryx:

Specifically: a Slayer warjack, two Warwitch Sirens, Mortenebra, and Deryliss. All are Privateer Press, 30mm, and for Warhachine.

Mortenebra and the Slayer are both missing some parts, which I'll have to Oath Addition whenever they arrive.

OATH ADDITION

If I'd realized they'd be here today, I'd have waited. :sigh:

Also what the heck, my old phone is displaying yesterday's date?

edit:

Sorted it out, just had to refresh World Time Server.

moths fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 4, 2014

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

:gay:I, Business Gorillas, get back in the saddle and oath Ferensian Wolves Wild Dogs (2) and Necromancer Warlock (1):gay:

The models are from Games Workshop. Is it possible to claim speed painting for the Wolves, or do I have to do speed painting for the entire oath?

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, oath ten Reaper MANTIC pseudo-orks, to be properly 'roided up and converted into Shoota Boyz!

Better get these taken care of, I want to get them off the mental kanban board.

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 4, 2014

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
I, Mr.Booger, Oath 5 15mm Xyston greek cavalry (4 + officer)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Business Gorillas posted:

:gay:I, Business Gorillas, get back in the saddle and oath Ferensian Wolves Wild Dogs (2) and Necromancer Warlock (1):gay:

The models are from Games Workshop. Is it possible to claim speed painting for the Wolves, or do I have to do speed painting for the entire oath?

Last season, it was just 1 figure minimum. I'd be surprised if it changed from that.

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, oath ten Reaper pseudo-orks, to be properly 'roided up and converted into Shoota Boyz!

Better get these taken care of, I want to get them off the mental kanban board.

I think those orcs might be Mantic, as Reaper doesn't use hard plastic sprues like that.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Also it says Mantic on the sprues :v:

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

Iris of Ether posted:

Last season, it was just 1 figure minimum. I'd be surprised if it changed from that.

I think those orcs might be Mantic, as Reaper doesn't use hard plastic sprues like that.

That was a silly mistake to make, and I feel silly for having made it. JerryLee also receives points for having pointed this out. :D

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I, Genghis Cohen, oath 20 Games Workshop Imperial Guardsmen (with Pig Iron heads and Anvil Industries weapons).

Tried this last year and failed, on some infinity models - got them half done but never finished. This time will be different!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused about a few things that's going on in here, probably because this is the first year I join in the oathing.
People talk about whale oathing. I don't know what that is, but since I'm Scandinavian, I assume it involves killing whales.

And I don't get this achivement:

quote:

Double the fun!
Do TWO Detectuv’s Jurnal/bonuses on one model. One Jurnal and one Bonus is fine too! Be sure to tell us which Jurnals or Bonuses you have completed when you post your Oath Complete picture.
I'm pretty sure the Jurnal is whatever's going on during a given month, like the 'take at least 3 Work In Progress pictures' that's happening right now, but I don't get what a bonus is.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
May oath

Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger. Privateer Press, 28mm.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do oath these three Empire Spearmen. Warhammer Fantasy, 28mm.

I am really looking forward to this Oath Season. Hopefully now that I am finished moving I won't fall victem to a failed oath this time.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

Raphus C, thiswayliesmadness: Your pics look fine, but please snap another one in Samoa time. :) It's okay if you've already started painting.

I don't see the point given that 03 May in the UK can be anything other than May in Samoa. It is a stupid loving rule.

moths posted:

You won't be saying that when the blight of daylight savings time rolls around.

The rule is great to simplify deadlines. But it serves no purpose there. The date was fine either in UK or Samoan time as it was taken on the 3rd May. Unless Samoa is 72+ hours behind or about 28 days ahead the photo was taken in May. The exact time it was taken is meaningless.

Stupid loving derail and I will stop whining.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 4, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You won't be saying that when the blight of daylight savings time rolls around.

DesoUK
Mar 8, 2013
I, DesoUK, Oath one Games Workshop Stormraven (28mm) for the month of may 2014.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I, ijyt, oath (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for the month of May 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Electric Hobo posted:

I'm confused about a few things that's going on in here, probably because this is the first year I join in the oathing.
People talk about whale oathing. I don't know what that is, but since I'm Scandinavian, I assume it involves killing whales.

And I don't get this achivement:

I'm pretty sure the Jurnal is whatever's going on during a given month, like the 'take at least 3 Work In Progress pictures' that's happening right now, but I don't get what a bonus is.

'Whales' is a shortening of '[I'm gonna] Save the Whales', which is when a person fails an oath in a prior month and attempts to finish it up in a subsequent one. It needs to be declared, and doing it allows you to requalify for some of the prize drawings/points/whatever that you would have missed had you just left the oath failed. I think there may also be a special Whales-Only contest draw.

Note: Often people will declare both an Oath and a Whales at the same time: The 'Whales' oath saves the credit they lost for the prior month, while the actual Oath gets them credit for the current month. I think we had at least one case last year where someone thought their Whales oath allowed them fix their failed oath AND to get prizes for the current month, and they had an unhappy surprise at the end of the month. :ohdear:

'Double the fun!' is do any two Jurnals or Achievements (previously called 'Bonuses') on the same oath. This can spread across different minis in the same oath, as well.

We haven't updated 'bonus' to 'achievement' in all of our documentation yet, so hopefully this clears up that confusion. :)

• Locked thread