Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ProfZoom posted:

Well played, Marvel Heroes. Well played.

Can I buy a hero as a gift to send to someone who doesn't (yet) have the game?

They're working on adding gifting in some form, but for now the only thing you could do is buy one of the bundles on Steam and gift them that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Psylocke N Load, I got it from here.

Also, Dink confirmed the in-game model used earlier is not the official model.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

Groot Force got full again so I kicked everyone who hadn't logged in for about 30 days or more. If you got hit and actually play feel free to ask for a reinvite.

I didn't think the 500 member limit would be a problem but it's starting to be an issue. If we get full again within the next month I think it might be time to start a second guild, though I wouldn't know how to split things up.

Groot Soda and Groot Pop

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

They're working on adding gifting in some form, but for now the only thing you could do is buy one of the bundles on Steam and gift them that.

I can't recall if the registration process requires email validation. If not you could register an account, apply a 2600G code and give them the password.

Or just give them the code outright.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eiffel On You posted:

Psylocke N Load, I got it from here.

Also, Dink confirmed the in-game model used earlier is not the official model.

I love that one of this game's devs had to make another account because she lost her password

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Groot Force got full again so I kicked everyone who hadn't logged in for about 30 days or more. If you got hit and actually play feel free to ask for a reinvite.

I didn't think the 500 member limit would be a problem but it's starting to be an issue. If we get full again within the next month I think it might be time to start a second guild, though I wouldn't know how to split things up.

Just complain on the official forums, hopefully someone will pick it up. It doesn't seem like that big of a fix to add more.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

ProfZoom posted:

Can I buy a hero as a gift to send to someone who doesn't (yet) have the game?

When i bought a friend some G, I just had them give me their login. So it depends on whether they're comfortable with that or not. They had literally nothing, so all I could do was add value was probably a deciding factor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

I can suggest a few names to jettison.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

Groot Soda and Groot Pop

Toon Force

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

Groot Soda and Groot Pop

Groot Classic

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Aphrodite posted:

I can suggest a few names to jettison.

It should be the 1%ers, but rather than referring to motorcycle outlaw gangs it can refer to the disgusting elitist assholes who use a Pyms Shrinking on their costume.

disclaimer: includes the author.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

DrOgreface posted:

Toon Force

I'm actually already a member of Tune Squad. :v:

Also, I can't believe nobody has suggested Groot Beer. For shame, goons.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

#1 Black Widow exclusive guild "Dead in my Heath Ledger" is now accepting applications!!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

You could pitch Square Groot, Groot 66, and Groot of All Evil while you're at it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Groot Expectations, The Groot Gatsby.

Paisano
Jul 2, 2007

Oh holy shit... that's my offensive line?
Decided to give this game a try tonight and it's pretty fun. However, I somewhat randomly picked Storm as my starting hero and I'm not the biggest fan of her. Is there anyway to undo picking her and switch heroes besides collecting those shard things that seem to drop pretty slowly?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Paisano posted:

Decided to give this game a try tonight and it's pretty fun. However, I somewhat randomly picked Storm as my starting hero and I'm not the biggest fan of her. Is there anyway to undo picking her and switch heroes besides collecting those shard things that seem to drop pretty slowly?
If you're not that far into the game, just make a new account like I did.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Not unless you start a new account, although you will get 200 splinters for finishing the story.

Also, TC is up and has the first one-shot.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I've never taken a character to 60. Only played through the story once.

I understand that I am missing out on quest rewards for not playing through story on higher difficulties. If I were to prestige a character can I still pick those up? Is it X reward at Y difficulty per prestige? Or is prestige purely for bragging rights and a means to "start over?"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

rebounded posted:

I've never taken a character to 60. Only played through the story once.

I understand that I am missing out on quest rewards for not playing through story on higher difficulties. If I were to prestige a character can I still pick those up? Is it X reward at Y difficulty per prestige? Or is prestige purely for bragging rights and a means to "start over?"

You have to do them at some point on the right difficulty, yeah prestige has no tangible benefits its for fun mostly. The rewards aren't super important a few boosts and skill points that you can go back and get if you really need them.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Is it possible to build characters as a hybrid of melee and ranged or is focusing important?

I'm still going through story mode, so I'm far away from having to worry about efficiency, just asking for the future.

I'm having the most fun doing a little of everything but all the builds I've looked at are specifically melee, ranged, pet, etc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Penakoto posted:

Is it possible to build characters as a hybrid of melee and ranged or is focusing important?

I'm still going through story mode, so I'm far away from having to worry about efficiency, just asking for the future.

I'm having the most fun doing a little of everything but all the builds I've looked at are specifically melee, ranged, pet, etc.

There are a number of heroes who work very well as a hybrid, many of which are a better hybrid than just melee or just ranged. Depends on who you're playing as, though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Penakoto posted:

You get 1 "respec" potions called retcon devices per difficulty(Normal, Heroic and Superheroic) per character, so for now don't worry about building properly and just mess around with what seems like it could be fun. Assuming a gear vacuum, most players prefer to focus one way or the other for ease of equipping, but a couple characters are possible to hybrid while being pretty efficient.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I kind of wish they'd bring some type of Limbo back. As hosed as it was, there's nothing in the game now that really feels "dangerous" the way Limbo could. Like the times when you'd get left behind or separated from the group and had to fight your way back to safety. Or trying to punch through to rescue someone who'd been caught out. That poo poo was really fun and could actually make the game feel kind of heroic in a way that you don't seem to get now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I kind of wish they'd bring some type of Limbo back. As hosed as it was, there's nothing in the game now that really feels "dangerous" the way Limbo could. Like the times when you'd get left behind or separated from the group and had to fight your way back to safety. Or trying to punch through to rescue someone who'd been caught out. That poo poo was really fun and could actually make the game feel kind of heroic in a way that you don't seem to get now.

The main problem with limbo was always worrying that some loot fell just offscreen but if you left the group to look, you'd either die or miss more loot ahead. Although, with the sheer number of good movement skills, straight up teleports and the ziggurat, a lot of the things that made Limbo really challenging can be trivialized. Also, frankly the fact that most heroes didn't have an effective kit but it was the only way to advance, meant limbo was harder than it should have been.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Someone explain what the Limbo was

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh yea, don't get me wrong, Limbo was pretty hosed in most ways, I just enjoyed that particular aspect of it.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

You get 1 "respec" potions called retcon devices per difficulty(Normal, Heroic and Superheroic) per character, so for now don't worry about building properly and just mess around with what seems like it could be fun. Assuming a gear vacuum, most players prefer to focus one way or the other for ease of equipping, but a couple characters are possible to hybrid while being pretty efficient.

I already got two actually, from all the free stuff I started with, so I'm definitely set there.

I got three heroes right now, Black Widow as a starter, Squirrel Girl who I bought, and Captain America who I randomed.

Squirrel Girl is probably gonna be my main girl for awhile and I was thinking of building her as a hybrid character, on the side playing Black Widow as 100% ranged, and I haven't touched Cap yet but figured I could make him a melee character.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Squirrel Girl hybrid is pretty good, Black Widow is kinda all over the place, and Cap is melee but his shield throws are good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What's this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/twistedmentat/screenshot/3282306773640601040

I didn't see any costumes in the store that match it. Is it a chase Fear Itself Hulk?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

What's this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/twistedmentat/screenshot/3282306773640601040

I didn't see any costumes in the store that match it. Is it a chase Fear Itself Hulk?

Emma frost mind controlled pet.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
One of those ogres or whatever from lower Asgard.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Man, I started Emma last night after getting her as my Get One Free and got way too much enjoyment out of other new players being super confused about my minions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ougher posted:

Emma frost mind controlled pet.

That's what I thought, but I didn't see emma anywhere, and the players name was hovering over the big rock guy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That's what I thought, but I didn't see emma anywhere, and the players name was hovering over the big rock guy.

No, the big rocky guy's name is hovering over the big rocky guy. His name is Commander Xeris.

That's a Kronan mind-controlled from Lower Asgard.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, the big rocky guy's name is hovering over the big rocky guy. His name is Commander Xeris.

That's a Kronan mind-controlled from Lower Asgard.

Oops :downs: you're right

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I lost all interest in Emma when they took away her ability to MC Doop.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Are there any heroes that have viable builds based around their movement powers? Also how about ranged characters that don't use many (active) skills? Some nights I'm just feeling lazy and want to either bounce around or shoot stuff without dying or having to think.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Out of curiosity, what was 'Wiggling'? My Google skills are not strong enough to discover such forbidden knowledge...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gravy Jones posted:

Are there any heroes that have viable builds based around their movement powers? Also how about ranged characters that don't use many (active) skills? Some nights I'm just feeling lazy and want to either bounce around or shoot stuff without dying or having to think.

Thing right now mostly is based around his dash power. It hits enemies when you ram them, then deals damage a second time as a large AoE upon landing. With the right gear it's pretty strong. Hulk has a lot of leaps that are also pretty solid damage options, though I think he's mostly about punches.

Black Panther has a unique that increases damage of movement powers by 100%(Boots of the Coal Tiger), and once you have it you open up a build that's otherwise not very viable. But I haven't played him so I'm not sure how good it is.

• Locked thread